Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2016, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 03-11-2016, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I read that Season 2 is on Netflix today. Earlier than expected. Good, I will get to catch up on both seasons long before the third starts to see if it's my thing.
Old 03-11-2016, 09:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for the pics!

So excited about S2 on Netflix...hope that encourages more people to check the show out.
Old 03-11-2016, 09:18 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new goodies!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 03-15-2016, 06:06 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the spoilage.
Old 03-15-2016, 08:58 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm slowly updating the first post with new information, including credits from IMDB for directors and writers for the first four episodes.

The most striking thing about the credits so far is that there appears to be a major overhaul in the writers' room -- while S1 and S2 were both written by the same team of writers, so far, of the first four episodes, the only returning writers are the head-writers/show-runners CCR and CC (the Chrises), who are writing ep. 301. The other three writers are brand new to the show.

What will this change, if anything? Hard to say. We've talked a lot in this thread about how different S2 seemed compared to S1, and those were the same writers for both seasons. Will the show shift again? Will it get back to a S1 vibe? Will it continue the S2 vibe? (My money is on continuing the S2 vibe, in spite of the ratings crash, because that won them the most critical acclaim.)

On the director side, there's one totally new director...two other directors are from S2, and just one director was here in S1 (Daisy von Scherler Mayer, who is directing ep. 301 and also directed S1's "The 214s" and S2's "Limbo").
Old 03-16-2016, 11:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for all the news.

I just found out: The new director Jake Paltrow for 3.04 is Gwyneth Paltrow's younger brother.

Casting News:

Quote:
Annabeth Gish, coming off reprising her role as Agent Monica Reyes on Fox’s The X-Files event series, has joined the cast of AMC’s 1980s PC revolution drama Halt and Catch Fire for a season-long arc on the upcoming third season. She will play Diane Gould, a successful venture capitalist and divorced mother of two who is considering an investment in Mutiny. A straight shooter, she tells it like it is, whether the issue is business or personal.
http://deadline.com/2016/03/annabeth...mc-1201721403/

Last edited by parisredbeatrice; 03-16-2016 at 01:00 PM
Old 03-16-2016, 09:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Thanks for the link.
Old 03-17-2016, 02:53 PM
Loyal Fan

We have new details on the HACF panel at the Silicon Valley Comic Con -- both CC and CCR (head-writers) will be there along with MD and KB...they will screen the S2 finale and have a discussion about women in tech.
Old 03-17-2016, 10:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the info.
Old 03-19-2016, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

just to generate some discussion

'Halt And Catch Fire' Season 3: 6 Burning Questions After The Season 2 Finale As Fans Wait For Renewal News [VIDEO]
Old 03-20-2016, 06:24 AM
Loyal Fan

Completely forgot that the SVCC panel for HACF was yesterday. Getty Images has some good shots of KB and MD during the panel:

AMC's "Halt And Catch Fire" Panel At Silicon Valley Comic Con | Getty Images

Smaller versions:
http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/ONxy3...ic/OhNYseQznxW

Unfortunately, can't find any S3 scoops from the panel on Twitter or anywhere else for that matter...

In other news:

* An actress playing "Principal's Secretary" has been added to the cast list for 301.
* CC announced on Twitter that S3 will premiere "sometime this summer."
Old 03-20-2016, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for posting those links.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for the links.
Old 03-21-2016, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by northboundtrain (View Post)
Unfortunately, can't find any S3 scoops from the panel on Twitter or anywhere else for that matter...

In other news:

* An actress playing "Principal's Secretary" has been added to the cast list for 301.
* CC announced on Twitter that S3 will premiere "sometime this summer."

Something will come up sooner or later...