Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2016, 12:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for the link.
I also think it's because she worked in December with LP and is now shooting a movie with MD. Production is starting I think, there are sides on showfax for the movie (only 1 role) and they are constantly updating imdb.
Mackenzie is even one of the producers.
I wonder if SM will be part of the movie.
Carrie Coon was with him on Gone Girl but I don't think that's an old pic.

Chris Cantwell tweeted that production of the new season is starting in March. https://twitter.com/ifyoucantwell/st...78962880348160
I think July is still possible for the new season to air.
Old 01-14-2016, 03:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for the updates!

Re: Carrie Coon's post...I agree, it doesn't look like an old pic -- it would be very cool if SM has joined MD's movie, so maybe that's what this is about...

Re: the start date, it's a bummer that we'll have to wait a few weeks longer before more casting/shooting information starts trickling out, but I guess this was expected. I agree with you that we're likely looking at a July start date.
Old 01-15-2016, 01:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the pics and info.
Old 01-17-2016, 07:56 PM
Loyal Fan

There will be a special HACF screening and panel at Silicon Valley Comic Con (headed by Steve Wozniak, who has praised HACF in the past), which takes place March 18 through March 20. Here's the information:

Action Figure Insider » WARNER BROS. PICTURES, LIONSGATE AND AMC’S “HALT AND CATCH FIRE” SIGN UP FOR SILICON VALLEY COMIC CON 2016

Quote:
HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
Warner Bros. Pictures, Lionsgate and AMC will participate in SVCC. Fans of AMC’s drama “Halt and Catch Fire” can catch a special screening and panel for the series at Silicon Valley Comic Con prior to the third season premiere summer 2016. Set in the 1980s, “Halt and Catch Fire” (starring Lee Pace, Scoot McNairy, Mackenzie Davis and Kerry Bishe) dramatizes the personal computing boom during the debut of the most disruptive idea of the modern era: the Internet.
At first I thought the screening would be of the S3 premiere, but if they don't start shooting until March then it seems way too early for them to have put together Ep. 301 yet. Maybe they'll show footage?

At the very least, I'm sure there'll be some information revealed at the panel, so we have that to look forward to.
Old 01-18-2016, 06:56 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by northboundtrain (View Post)
There will be a special HACF screening and panel at Silicon Valley Comic Con (headed by Steve Wozniak, who has praised HACF in the past), which takes place March 18 through March 20. Here's the information:

Action Figure Insider » WARNER BROS. PICTURES, LIONSGATE AND AMC’S “HALT AND CATCH FIRE”*SIGN UP FOR SILICON VALLEY COMIC CON 2016

At first I thought the screening would be of the S3 premiere, but if they don't start shooting until March then it seems way too early for them to have put together Ep. 301 yet. Maybe they'll show footage?

At the very least, I'm sure there'll be some information revealed at the panel, so we have that to look forward to.
Thanks for the update. They might give us some general information where season 3 is heading, just like last year at the TCA panel.

There is a "new" character listed for episode 3.1 on imdb. I thought it was a new character but then I discovered him by chance on some BTS photos. He was already an extra in season 2.

Last edited by parisredbeatrice; 01-23-2016 at 03:25 PM Reason: Different Pics appeared than the one posted.
Old 01-18-2016, 09:43 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by parisredbeatrice (View Post)
Thanks for the update. They might give us some general information where season 3 is heading, just like last year at the TCA panel.
That's what I'm hoping...right now, the only information we have is what we got from the finale.

My first question for the panel would be whether or not there's going to be another time jump. I hope not -- I want to see everyone settle into CA. (Plus, I doubt Gordon's condition can take another year-long leap into the future -- God knows how much he'd deteriorate in that amount of time.)

Quote:
There is a "new" character listed for episode 3.1 on imdb. I thought it was a new character but then I discovered him by chance on some BTS photos. He was already an extra in season 2.
Great find! When I saw his name, I had just assumed that over the hiatus the producers decided they wanted to add him (even if the scripts are still being written) -- but it makes more sense that he's got a history on the show. Maybe over the hiatus he was informed that his role will be a little bigger in S3, so his agent went ahead and made sure he was added to the cast list for 301.
Old 01-31-2016, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

a book what the heck

An Unauthorized Guide to Halt and Catch Fire: The AMC Drama about the PC Revolution [Article, 2nd Edition] eBook: D. Carter: Amazon.co.uk: Books
Old 02-01-2016, 07:02 AM
MST Manager

Thanks.
Old 02-23-2016, 02:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

I waited almost a year to write/say it again: new sides are up .

New sides for one new character - Dogget, the site is down for maintenance.

Dogget is a new guy at Mutiny. The guys are talking about some ad plastered everywhere in the Valley. Gordon knows it's Joe Macmillan.

There seems to be a new guy Ryan too at Mutiny. There are no sides, so I guess this might be a bigger role.

They are also already searching for extras and stand ins.
Extras Call

Last edited by parisredbeatrice; 02-24-2016 at 01:07 AM
Old 02-24-2016, 07:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for sharing with us.
Old 03-08-2016, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

'Halt and Catch Fire' Season 3 Casting Call for a TON of Roles
Old 03-09-2016, 08:17 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the news!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 03-10-2016, 07:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

they want a lot of pretty women you gotta wonder what for!
Old 03-10-2016, 09:29 AM
MST Manager

Thanks.
Old 03-11-2016, 10:55 AM
Loyal Fan

Big casting news from THR today:

'Halt and Catch Fire': Manish Dayal Joins for Season 3 - Hollywood Reporter

Quote:
'Halt and Catch Fire' Adds 'Hundred-Foot Journey' Star for Season 3 (Exclusive)

Manish Dayal (The Hundred-Foot Journey) has landed a recurring role on the AMC computer drama, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Dayal will play Ryan Ray, a brilliant and genuine young coder at Mutiny. Despite his obvious talent, he has a hard time reading social cues and articulating his thoughts which can sometimes cause unintended offense. Awkward but brimming with ideas, he grows increasingly frustrated when these ideas seem to land on deaf ears, which may lead him to seek work elsewhere.

A first-generation American, Ryan was born and raised in California – the backdrop of the upcoming third season when the 1980s-set series moves to Silicon Valley.

The role brings Dayal back to AMC, where he recurred on Rubicon. His other credits include 90210, Switched at Birth and the upcoming Gillian Anderson film Viceroy's House. He is repped by UTA, Industry Entertainment and Bloom Hergott.

Despite the show's small viewership, Halt and Catch Fire has become a critical darling for the network, thanks in part to a season two reset. The upcoming third season of the series, which stars Lee Pace, Mackenzie Davis, Scoot McNairy and Kerry Bishe, was renewed in October with co-creators Chris Cantwell and Chris Rogers tapped to replace Jonathan Lisco as showrunner.

The third season of Halt and Catch Fire is expected to premiere this summer.
Time to start updating the first post of the thread.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread