Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2015, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Another sneak peek from EW .. this is the gang telling Trubel about the new Juliette:
| EW Community | EW.com

I'll fetch the earlier 3 sneaks and add them here, too.
Here:

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~

Last edited by Lutesse; 05-14-2015 at 04:04 PM
Old 05-14-2015, 08:30 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the goodies, Sherry.
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 05-14-2015, 11:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Great sneaks! Really i think now Kenneth will end prisioner and Juliette dead. Both would deserve the death for kidnap Diana and kill her own mother in froint her eyes in such coward way as they did.
I would like that Diana would back to Adalind, her true mother. Sometimes i think the child shouldn´t have leaved her true mother. After all, Adalind love her more than nobody like the new baby. She has done terrible thing in the past she herself said that, but she loves her both children.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 05-15-2015, 12:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moons112 (View Post)
Great sneaks! Really i think now Kenneth will end prisioner and Juliette dead. Both would deserve the death for kidnap Diana and kill her own mother in froint her eyes in such coward way as they did.
I would like that Diana would back to Adalind, her true mother. Sometimes i think the child shouldn´t have leaved her true mother. After all, Adalind love her more than nobody like the new baby. She has done terrible thing in the past she herself said that, but she loves her both children.
No matter what, Adalind both loves her children, I hope that Diana gets to stay with her and form a relationship with her, even when Kelly took care of her at least awhile!
Old 05-15-2015, 01:02 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the sneak peaks.
Old 05-15-2015, 06:30 PM
New Fan

Link:
'Grimm' Creators on Finale's Surprising Death and How the Series Will Get "Even Darker" - The Hollywood Reporter

Quote:
'Grimm' Creators on Finale's Surprising Death and How the Series Will Get "Even Darker"

Showrunners David Greenwalt and Jim Kouf talk about offing their first main character: "You know, it’s not going to be the same 'Grimm'."

David Greenwalt knows something about killing characters. After all, he was co-executive producer/writer/director on Buffy when that show sent the vampire slayer's boyfriend, Angel, into a hellish vortex in Season 2. Then, he went on to co-create the spin-off Angel (yes, he survived the vortex) where not only did he kill off a series regular (Doyle), he did it 9 episodes into the freshman season, when the show only had three series regulars.

So it's a bit surprising that it took Greenwalt and co-creator Jim Kouf four seasons to start picking off regulars from Grimm. Yes, lots of people die grisly deaths on the show, due to the Monster of the Week format, but series regulars have been safe. Until now. And, boy, did Grimm shake that foundation the past two episodes.

In the penultimate episode of season 4, Nick (David Giuntoli) returns home to find out the royal family went all Seven on his poor Grimm mother, leaving her head in a box. On the heels of that tragedy was tonight’s stunning finale, where Nick's girlfriend, Juliette (Bitsie Tulloch), was killed in the final scene.

Once-sweet Juliette had literally turned into a monster in the second half of season 4 (a side effect from a procedure to get Nick’s Grimm powers back turned her into a Hexenbiest) and the show has been gradually building to a violent confrontation between the couple for weeks. Just as that conflict escalates in their shared home, an emotionally-crushed Nick finally gives up fighting and it appears like Juliette is going to end him. Enter Trubal (Jacqueline Toboni), Nick's young Grimm protégé who turned back up last week after a long disappearance from the show. She's armed with a crossbow. "Goodbye, Juliette," she says, calmly, and fires two arrows into the only love interest Nick's had in four seasons. Immediately Nick cradles her, and Juliette dies.

Or does she? Grimm is, after all, a supernatural procedure (Angel came back from hell to star in his own show, right?). THR spoke to Greenwalt and Kouf about the death, what it means for Nick and the future of the show.

So… let’s get right to it: Is Juliette really dead?

David Greenwalt: That’s a great question. Now, I think that’s a question that will be--

Jim Kouf: Hell yeah! We can only afford so many people in the fifth year.

Well, David’s reputation back with Angel and Buffy… it was not a problem killing off series regulars often.

Kouf: David’s been known to do it.

You kind of waited a long time. So if Juliette’s really gone, this is the first real big death in Grimm.

Greenwalt: It is a big twist, that’s for sure.

Can you talk about the decision to kill her off and how far back was this conceived?

Greenwalt: As she, you know, turned into a Hexenbiest and went kind of wild and then started enjoying her powers and then felt so betrayed by Nick having Adalind’s baby even though it wasn’t Nick’s fault... it was just the natural way she grew and developed in the course of the season and it seemed like that was something inevitable that had to happen.

How did that conversation go with Bitsie Tulloch?

Greenwalt: Fine. You know, I don’t think that’s as important as being true to the story. But she’s terrific and it’s all good.

She was quoted as saying the finale would change the show’s course and I was wondering if you wanted to talk a little about what that change of course might be and if you agree with that.

Greenwalt: I totally agree that it’s going to change the show’s course. I think it’s going to be even darker still in a way. You know, it’s not going to be the same Grimm.

What do you mean by that?

Greenwalt: It’s not the same dynamic anymore.

This by far seemed to be the darkest season of Grimm.

Greenwalt: I guess so, huh?

Kouf: Mm-hmm.

You guys put Nick through the ringer… he lost his mom and his girlfriend…

Greenwalt: Internal emotional changes rather than, you know, “I’ve lost my powers” or “I’m a zombie” or “My mom’s come back”… this stuff was more-

Kouf: It was about betrayal.

Greenwalt: It was about betrayal and it is darker, you’re right.

What kind of storyline do you see for Nick in the next season?

Greenwalt: Pretty serious repercussions and at the same time he’s got a lot on his plate. I mean Adalind is having that baby it sure looks like and he’s going to have a lot to deal with.

So, if Juliette is really gone, it clears the way for a potential Nick and Adalind love story. If you go back to the first season, that’s something that just seems totally crazy, but raising a child together can do things.

Greenwalt: Well, she’s changed a lot. He’s changed somewhat and you never know.

Kouf: We don’t know.

Greenwalt: We don’t know is the truth on that one, but he does have some obligation there.

It feels like a lot of the warnings Nick got from his aunt in season 1 are all sort of coming to fruition now.

Greenwalt: Yeah, and I think we even use a flashback to the aunt in a recent episode. I can’t remember quite what it was but the aunt saying Juliette’s perfect for you but you’ve got to give her up, you know, because bad things are going to happen. And then his mom told him don’t let true love get away, because I did and then she had a kind of different experience so he was kind of left with not knowing-

Kouf: He’s got nothing, this guy.

Greenwalt: He’s basically got nothing. It’s all been taking away from him.

He’s an empty vessel by the end of this season.

Greenwalt: The only thing he’s got is a fifth season.
Old 05-15-2015, 06:41 PM
New Fan

Link:
‘Grimm’ — Juliette Dies — Season 5 Spoilers | TVLine

Quote:
Grimm EPs Talk Nick's Fury, Diana's Devious Move & [Spoiler]'s Death

By Kimberly Roots / May 15 2015, 6:00 PM PDT

Grimm‘s fourth season finale gave new meaning to the phrase “fairy-tale ending” — particularly in regard to the love story between Nick and his Hexenbiest’d girlfriend, Juliette.

Quick recap: After an attack, when Nick was just about to avenge his mother’s murder by choking Juliette to death — and she begged him to do it — Trubel stepped in and put two arrows into the veterinarian’s torso. As Nick cradled his former love in his arms, she died on the floor of the home they shared.

Sad? Sure. But keeping in mind that Grimm is the same show that killed Capt. Renard in the Season 3 finale, only to revive him early in Season 4, TVLine went straight to the source for some answers to all of your burning questions.

“Juliette is dead,” series co-creator and executive producer James Kouf says.

“Sure looks like it,” adds series co-creator and EP David Greenwalt, laughing.

Are they telling the truth? What’s going on with Trubel and Agent Chavez’s group? Is Meisner back for good? Will Adalind ever see Diana again? And does Nick’s romantic future involve his blonde baby mama? Read on for all of these answers — plus scoop on next season.

TVLINE | Will Bitsie Tulloch be around in the next season?
KOUF | No, Juliette’s dead.
GREENWALT | She’s gone.

TVLINE | Are you being serious with me right now?

GREENWALT | As serious as we ever are!

TVLINE | Nick experiences a lot of loss — his mom, Juliette — in a very short time. Moving into the next season, will he have space to process it? Or will he be running on blind fury for the foreseeable future?
KOUF | All the episodes are him, grieving. It’s 12 episodes of him, alone in a room, feeling bad.
GREENWALT | He’s going to have to do both because he’s got a lot of stuff to deal with personally, and he’s still got a lot of unsolved mysteries. And his relationship with the force will probably have to change a little bit.

TVLINE | Trubel fields a call from Agent Chavez during the episode, and then Elizabeth Rodriguez’s character shows up at the end. How quickly will we learn what she’s up to in the fifth season?

GREENWALT | Well, as quickly as we ever move.
KOUF | Like, at a snail’s pace.
GREENWALT | Yes, we’ll discover what she’s been up to.

TVLINE | You weren’t able to get Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio back for the season’s second-to-last episode.
GREENWALT | We got part of her. [Laughs]

TVLINE | Did you try and it just didn’t work out?
GREENWALT | We really wanted her to come back and be in the show, and it didn’t look like it was gonna work out — through no fault of anybody’s.
KOUF | She was up for other things, a pilot and all that stuff.
GREENWALT | …It seemed like the right story move and it seemed more interesting to hear this fight off stage as Juliette is creeping downstairs. It seemed creepier for her to hear all of this than for us to try to stage a whole thing.
KOUF | It’s more emotional to see it on her face.

TVLINE | Let’s go back a minute to Nick not being able to kill Juliette, though Juliette seems to want him to in that moment.
KOUF | Yes.

TVLINE | But then Trubel does the deed. Will that cause for any friction between her and Nick in the new season?
GREENWALT | Well, Trubel did what she had to do. What was the choice? Let Juliette kill Nick?

TVLINE | I know he told her to, but is he going to be that rational after the fact?
KOUF | And hold that against her? No. That’s my personal feeling: He’s gotta know, being a Grimm, that she had no choice if he were to survive

TVLINE | Diana has aged considerably since the last time we saw her.

GREENWALT | She’s on a faster growth path.

TVLINE | Is that a thing that Hexenbiests normally do?

GREENWALT | It’s a thing in this particular instance that happens because of her lineage. Hexenbiest-Zauberbiest stuff.

TVLINE | Meisner is back! I had almost forgotten about him — did you hope the audience had put him out of their minds, so it would be a big surprise?
GREENWALT | Yeah. A big surprise to the fans and people who know the show.

TVLINE | Back when he was carting Adalind all over the place and delivering her baby, there was a certain sector of fans who wanted to see them pursue something more.
GREENWALT | They felt like they had some kind of affection going on, sure.

TVLINE | Will we see him in the fifth season?
KOUF | We hope so.

TVLINE | The king is dead?
KOUF | Long live the king. [Laughs] Kings can’t fly!

TVLINE | Does this mean that Adalind can now get her baby back? Or does it not really change anything for her?
KOUF | Obviously the resistance is involved, and the resistance has the child.

TVLINE | And the resistance was active in keeping Diana from her mom before, but that was because of Adalind’s proximity to the royals. Does the resistance have any beef with Adalind herself?
KOUF | Well, they probably don’t have a beef now that she’s not a Hexenbiest. But they don’t have a guarantee about how long that will last, either.

TVLINE | This may be too soon, but… Adalind and Nick are linked. Nick is now single —
KOUF | — and the father of her child.

TVLINE | — and the father of her child. Plus, she knows all of the secrets he normally has to hide from regular people who are close to him. Would you entertain the idea of pairing up Nick and Adalind?
GREENWALT | Well, something’s gotta happen, one way or the other. He’s gotta be responsible for the child.
KOUF | He’s got a child and he’s got to step up at some point. He knows he can’t abandon his child. He was abandoned.

TVLINE | Apart from that, for themselves, do you think Nick and Adalind could ever be attracted to each other?
KOUF | I think they have to try.

Last edited by GhostRaider; 05-15-2015 at 06:47 PM
Old 05-15-2015, 06:54 PM
New Fan

Link:
'Grimm' Season 4 finale: If Juliette's dead, it'll be revealed in Season 5 - Zap2it | News & Features

Quote:
'Grimm' Season 4 finale: If Juliette's dead, it'll be revealed in Season 5

By Terri Schwartz
May 15th, 2015

The big question coming out of "Grimm's" Season 4 finale is heavy for a lot of the series' fans: Is Nick's longtime love Juliette -- played by Bitsie Tulloch -- actually dead on the show? Sadly, everyone's going to need to wait until the series returns in Season 5 to find an answer.

Zap2it went to the source, showrunners David Greenwalt and Jim Kouf, but they aren't ready to tell viewers. When asked if Tulloch would be returning the show, Kouf responds vaguely, "It's a good question. The answer is ... possibly not."

The intention is to keep fans guessing through "Grimm's" Season 5 return in the fall. To the showrunners, they felt like Juliette getting shot and grievously injured -- fatally or otherwise -- was the "next logical beat" in the story of her becoming a Hexenbiest. "She became such a threat," Greenwalt says.

Having that question in viewers' minds also teaches "Grimm's" audience that no one is safe on the show, regardless of how integral they seem to the story or how long they've been around. Heck, even Nick could be killed off since there's another Grimm in a central role.

"I think it keeps everyone on edge. You don't know what's going to happen," Kouf says of the Juliette twist. Greenwalt adds, "Anything could happen. It seems like a few shows, episode whatever, they get married or they finally get together. We decided to go a different way."

"Rosalee and Monroe got married. How many marriages can you really have?" Kouf quips.

The showrunners want fans to look past the question of whether Juliette is dead or not and instead focus on the repercussions losing both his fiancee and his mother has on Nick.

"The real discussion is something major happening to a major character. That's what's important in the move. It seems inevitable. It seems like it had to happen," Greenwalt says. "Nick has to deal with an awful lot of stuff now, including it sure looks like Adalind is going to have his baby. ... He's got a child he's responsible for, so that's the conflict."

"Grimm" will return to its original Friday 9 p.m. PT/ET time period in Season 5, and viewers can expect the series to get "a little darker" when it returns. Kouf says the new season will be "a little more of not the same" and will take the current state of the show and "turn it on its head a little bit."

"If everything is expected, I think you lose your audience a little bit because they see what's coming," Kouf says.

Besides, the cliffhanger ending already hinted at a Season 5 plot line. Beyond Nick cradling the dying Juliette in his arms, Agent Chavez showed up with a squad of cars.

She says, "Get her," and considering she talked to Trubel earlier in the episode, she's likely talking about Juliette. According to the showrunners, that's "tees up what's going to come."
Old 05-15-2015, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you very much for posting those interviews, Ghost! Good reads!

S&S Mods: Please overlook the double posts in this instance.

Old 05-16-2015, 02:21 AM
Obsessed Fan

Are the showrunners known for bullsh|tting people? Because from the way the scene went down, I don't think Juliette is dead at all, and that very much annoys me.
Old 05-16-2015, 02:59 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telepath (View Post)
Are the showrunners known for bullsh|tting people? Because from the way the scene went down, I don't think Juliette is dead at all, and that very much annoys me.
So far they've been very straight forward. Last year The Captain was shoot and they never said he was dead, dead. They actually came out and said that Sasha's contract negotiations was going to be de definitive issue.
Old 05-16-2015, 04:02 AM
Loyal Fan

The finale was just AWESOME! The characters have development all them, in an unknown way...
Old 05-16-2015, 04:03 AM
Loyal Fan

The finale was just AWESOME! The characters have developed all them, in an unknown way...sorry awn by the double posting.
Old 05-16-2015, 04:31 AM
Master Fan

I don't really think Juliette is dead
Closed Thread   Post New Thread