Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2015, 03:17 PM
Addicted Fan

GREY'S ANATOMY Sneak Peek 11x18 "When I Grow Up" (1)

Old 03-28-2015, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addison Forbes Montgomery (View Post)
I think the show can not afford to lose a character that caliber.
they carried on, horribly, without sandra...

anyway, all derek does is make meredith unhappy. md are death, in general, but i feel like derek dying would spruce meredith up a bit.
Old 03-28-2015, 04:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
anyway, all derek does is make meredith unhappy. md are death, in general, but i feel like derek dying would spruce meredith up a bit.
hahaha no. Bye. Meredith has always been happier with Derek than without. Sure, she might've had a great streak going on without him, but that's because her focus was 100% on her patients, she'd let her empathy go out the door. Derek makes Meredith happy and a genuinely better person.

If anyone was toxic for Meredith, it was Cristina!
Old 03-28-2015, 04:51 PM
Addicted Fan

Yeah, she would still have a storyline. But no, I think Shonda don't stirs with MerDer. At most plays tricks like this paltry kiss.
Old 03-28-2015, 05:07 PM
Master Fan

It's never what it appears to be with MerDer, really... can't think of a time it's been what it appears to be. The whole cheating storyline obviously had a twist... same with the DC storyline. I just hope they don't make them look too happy in the upcoming episodes, because only an apocalypse can come from happiness at this point. They need to still be struggling. They're obviously not fine right now, otherwise they would have hugged or kissed at the end of last episode.
Old 03-28-2015, 05:07 PM
FAU
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addison Forbes Montgomery (View Post)
GREY'S ANATOMY Sneak Peek 11x18 "When I Grow Up" (1)

Thanks.
Old 03-28-2015, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkxtwisty (View Post)
It's never what it appears to be with MerDer, really... can't think of a time it's been what it appears to be. The whole cheating storyline obviously had a twist... same with the DC storyline. I just hope they don't make them look too happy in the upcoming episodes, because only an apocalypse can come from happiness at this point. They need to still be struggling. They're obviously not fine right now, otherwise they would have hugged or kissed at the end of last episode.
I think it's pretty clear. He kissed the intern. And probably told Meredith because she wasn't exactly happy with him at the end, except for a slight smile after he made his big speech. Things aren't rosy. But they will probably be trying to repair their marriage with Derek back in Seattle.

The DC storyline was write Derek out. And to make it angsty. Especially after the earlier Meredith "Did she cheat" episode earlier when she really went to a hotel for the weekend and didn't tell Maggie...

Obviously things aren't going to heal completely immediately. Especially with unfortunately her streak being over with Derek's return. So we shall see how it goes from here...
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 03-28-2015, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Meredith has always been happier with Derek than without.

no, really, she looks thrilled.
Old 03-28-2015, 06:09 PM
Master Fan

Um, because her husband just told her he kissed another woman? OF COURSE she's supposed to be thrilled.

I would post scenes of happy MerDer scenes, but there's a whole thread of that on the GA board and this isn't the place.
Old 03-28-2015, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Um, because her husband just told her he kissed another woman? OF COURSE she's supposed to be thrilled.
you're the one that said she's happiest with him...

and there is nothing wrong with what i'm posting. i'm speculating an impending death. i don't know what you're doing though. seems like you're in denial.
Old 03-28-2015, 08:15 PM
Master Fan

I don't know why you feel the need to trash MerDer? Obviously they've been through their own hardships and aren't happy 100% of the time. I can't think of a single couple in real life or television that's happy 100% of the time? You choose one angsty scene and try to use that to justify Meredith isn't happy with Derek? You've got to be kidding me.

And no...not in denial. Simply stating the fact that watching Meredith as a grieving widow would be miserable for most fans to watch because watching her when Derek was in DC was miserable to watch. She turned into her mother. I mean, if you want to watch a show about Ellis 2.0, hats off to you. I don't though. The whole point of Grey's has been to show that Meredith isn't her mother. She's able to choose to love. Ellis didn't get that choice, since Richard left her. Richard didn't die, but he chose his wife over her and because of that Ellis took it out on Meredith.

All of season 4 was convincing Meredith that she got to learn from her mother's mistakes. This season is a parallel to season 4 in so many ways, so it would be silly to nullify everything SR built by killing Derek and therefore turning Meredith into her mother.
Old 03-28-2015, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I don't know why you feel the need to trash MerDer?
it's called an opinion.
Old 03-28-2015, 08:52 PM
Elite Fan

Please drop it. There is no need to be so snide with one another.
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 03-30-2015, 05:49 PM
Addicted Fan

Grey's Anatomy Season 11, Episode 18 Spoiler: Callie Has a Great Surgery! | Grey's Anatomy | Wetpaint
Old 03-30-2015, 06:42 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread