Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2014, 02:32 PM
Master Fan

I'm looking forward to Jo being jealous of Alex just because it finally means we'll get Mer/Alex scenes, which lacked all last season. Jo isn't familiar with how close Mer/Alex are, so I can understand why she might be uncomfortable with, say, Mer talking to Alex while he's in the shower. Even Derek was jealous when he walked in on that, though he didn't make a huge scene about it. He, though, understood the closeness of Mer/Alex's friendship and didn't perceive it as a huge deal. Jo is new and hasn't really seen the depth of the Mer/Alex friendship, so it'll be interesting to see how it plays out. Just as long as Mer and Alex's friendship isn't strained because of it. Maybe it'll end with Mer deciding to get closer to Amelia.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i just want to know why shonda can't write meredith without making her so co-dependent on others. it's sort of embarrassing to be 40+ and constantly need a shoulder to lean on every five seconds.
Old 09-27-2014, 06:08 AM
Master Fan

So Derek isn't leaving Seattle but Meredith seems really disappointed now
Old 09-27-2014, 08:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Janice~ (View Post)
So Derek isn't leaving Seattle but Meredith seems really disappointed now
She is more worried that Derek will resent her, and their family. She didn't ask him to give up the opportunity. But fears by deciding on this he will grow to resent her and the kids. It would have probably been better if he had gone and in a few episodes come back fully sure of his decision. Now he could have the "What If". And resent Meredith for not wanting to go, and keeping his children while he would go off.

So I sense still some more tension as they figure out. Especially now Derek will also have to fight Amelia for a piece of the neuro action at the hospital...

And it will only get rougher for Meredith when she finds out Maggie is her sister. As Ellen said in a interview that it's one thing to have Christina pass her by but to have a younger sister who is pretty far in her career while Meredith feels stagnated. It's not going to be warm reunion as the premiere showed...
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 09-27-2014, 09:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Meredith seems really disappointed now
shonda can't resist making meredith a victim in this too. so odd!
Old 09-27-2014, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't see Meredith at all being a victim. Maybe when she was younger. But these days. She's the one who stood up and said to her husband. My career is just as important. That she isn't moving. She and the kids were staying in Seattle. It forced Derek into a decision, and now they are forced to figure out if Derek is fine with his decision, or will he regret it which is what Meredith does fear at this point.
Old 09-27-2014, 11:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

I get it that Meredith is worried that now Derek will resent her and blame her for giving up on the opportunity he had, but what does she want? She clearly didn't seem happy about staying in Seattle while Derek would be away, she didn't want to move but she also doesn't want Derek to stay just because of her and the kids.
Old 09-27-2014, 11:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinnie75 (View Post)
I get it that Meredith is worried that now Derek will resent her and blame her for giving up on the opportunity he had, but what does she want? She clearly didn't seem happy about staying in Seattle while Derek would be away, she didn't want to move but she also doesn't want Derek to stay just because of her and the kids.
It is hard. It's the terrible catch of their dilemma, in that she doesn't want to be the reason he stays. Unless he truly does want to stay. And it's hard to know. Especially since the opportunity in Boston was so once in a lifetime. I am not sure the right reaction would have been delight because there is that worry of regret.

She loves the guy. But she's also grieving the loss of Christina in her life. So I can see why she wary and not that happy...

And it's only going to be more iffy when she learns Maggie is her half sister.
Old 09-27-2014, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinnie75 (View Post)
Meredith is worried that now Derek will resent her and blame her for giving up on the opportunity he had
you'd think she'd have more faith in derek and their marriage versus literally being upset about contemplating life without him. WTFF!?
Old 09-27-2014, 02:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
She is more worried that Derek will resent her, and their family. She didn't ask him to give up the opportunity. But fears by deciding on this he will grow to resent her and the kids. It would have probably been better if he had gone and in a few episodes come back fully sure of his decision. Now he could have the "What If". And resent Meredith for not wanting to go, and keeping his children while he would go off.

So I sense still some more tension as they figure out. Especially now Derek will also have to fight Amelia for a piece of the neuro action at the hospital...

And it will only get rougher for Meredith when she finds out Maggie is her sister. As Ellen said in a interview that it's one thing to have Christina pass her by but to have a younger sister who is pretty far in her career while Meredith feels stagnated. It's not going to be warm reunion as the premiere showed...

I kind of got the sense that as far as Meredith was concerned, Derek was already gone He didn't seem resentful that he chose his family over the career move to DC. Depends how Meredith sees it though. Personally, I'm glad he's staying at the hospital so we will see more of him.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I kind of got the sense that as far as Meredith was concerned, Derek was already gone He didn't seem resentful that he chose his family over the career move to DC. Depends how Meredith sees it though. Personally, I'm glad he's staying at the hospital so we will see more of him.
He didn't seem like it. But then was more like a episode morphosis for him as he came to realize he didn't want to be away from his kids, and Meredith. And miss out. You don't know what may happen. But there could be some residual resentment with Meredith that she didn't want to move. And would have kept the kids. Which made him to bad guy if he did go. Or if he stayed, it's giving up a massive opportunity.

So we shall see how he deals with it. Now that he has made the decision to stay. And we really didn't see them deal with. Meredith already had a trying day, and got the word from Derek and now is worried. She's already missing Christina, and worried about her marriage. And now the tension at the hospital with the sister she doesn't know she has...

I agree. I was sure he would go, and eventually come back. Especially with Amelia staying. So I am glad he's staying. It's going to be interesting to see how they handle it.
Old 09-28-2014, 06:28 AM
Master Fan

I don't want any more drama with Mer/Der. There was so much in the first few seasons, I was hoping they had been there, done that
Old 09-28-2014, 07:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I don't want any more drama with Mer/Der. There was so much in the first few seasons, I was hoping they had been there, done that
It looks like you are going to have to get used to it. I can't see it letting up just yet. This season was supposed to be rough for Meredith. But with him staying, I think their marriage is in better shape than Callie and Arizona at the moment. Even Shondra is stoking the fire in saying they are probably about 50/50 chance of making it. While she has said she doesn't see divorce for Meredith and Derek.

She likes the idea of two people have legitimate concerns and feelings about their career. Neither is right or wrong. It about making it work.

So while Derek is staying, that doesn't erase the tension because now Meredith is worrying that he will eventually regret it. And given her own childhood, it's a big fear for her. But they are both strong people, and I think they will fight for their marriage.

While Arizona and Callie are more on fragile ground in their relationship.
Old 09-28-2014, 02:32 PM
Master Fan

Callie and Arizona don't really interest me, never have I don't really trust Arizona either
Old 09-28-2014, 07:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
It looks like you are going to have to get used to it. I can't see it letting up just yet. This season was supposed to be rough for Meredith. But with him staying, I think their marriage is in better shape than Callie and Arizona at the moment. Even Shondra is stoking the fire in saying they are probably about 50/50 chance of making it. While she has said she doesn't see divorce for Meredith and Derek.

She likes the idea of two people have legitimate concerns and feelings about their career. Neither is right or wrong. It about making it work.

So while Derek is staying, that doesn't erase the tension because now Meredith is worrying that he will eventually regret it. And given her own childhood, it's a big fear for her. But they are both strong people, and I think they will fight for their marriage.

While Arizona and Callie are more on fragile ground in their relationship.

And I think MerDer are a stronger couple than Arizona and Callie. Callie and Arizona's relationship has been hanging on by threads since the plane crash...

I think Meredith is happy that Derek didn't go, but she also doesn't want him to resent her because he gave up the job opportunity..especially since she didn't ask him to do that. But I know she can (and I can too) see him bringing it up in fights on down the road. (Even though he might not feel that way, he has a tendency to say things he doesn't mean in angry times)

I don't think the MerDer drama is over, BUT i'd rather see them fight FOR their marriage, then let it go and become MerDer of season 3.