Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2007, 08:19 AM
Ultimate Fan

OT: lovder&mer: are you from Spain?
Old 10-20-2007, 08:23 AM
Loyal Fan

Episode 7 is the one where a kid swallows pennies to get his parents to stop fighting; a patient getting cosmetic surgery (Mark's case) tells a doc she has worry lines; and a woman named Theresa and her baby fall down the stairs.

There aren't a lot of sides, not like there are for episode 8, so maybe there's a lot more going on outside those patients. Which could point towards whatever this whole "chemistry being put to the test" thing.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by josebajm (View Post)
Have you seen the same show that I have?

I'm just seeing here some double standards. It's perfect that Izzie is calling Cris on her BS because Mer and Izzie are not that different, even though some of you will never accept that.
What episode have Gizzie gone on a date? When did they officially become a couple?
Old 10-20-2007, 09:44 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreekFreak (View Post)
What episode have Gizzie gone on a date? When did they officially become a couple?
See, I didn't know that to become romantically involved with a person you had to go on a date.

You probably have missed the drunken night scene, the sex flashback, the linen closet scene, the elevator kiss, the pants scene, the giving bone marrow scene, the she's a heartbreaker scene, the i don't have feelings for you scene, the tie scene, the ILY2 scene, the determined scene, the almost kiss scene and the "i will do it" scene.

They are not officially a couple still, but my response was to a person who said that they were not romantically involved. They might not be a couple yet, but the feelings are there, and the declarations are there and that's what matters.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:48 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::mavie:: (View Post)
I agree about Derek & Addison, but disagree about the comparison between Izzie and Meredith. Addison's marriage were ruined, because of her, Meredith didn't do something as horrible as Izzie did. George was still very married when they slept together. It was a mistake and she should've apologized for getting drunk and taking advantage of the situation. Not that I think George was innocent, but he did confess to Callie. In conclusion, I think the comparison shouldn't be made in this situation. Yes, they both slept with married men, but George's marriage weren't ruined. Callie didn't cheat on him before he cheated on her.
I'd disagree. I think that the comparison Izzie made between her and Meredith and Cristina's reaction was quite correct. After Meredith had Prom!Sex with McDreamy while both of them were in another relationship ... Cristina didn't even hesitate to say "no judgment". Cristina always supports Meredith 100% in whatever, and if it was Mer instead of Izzie that hurt Callie, I'm sure that Cristina would have her back.

Also Addison did ruin the marriage the first time around, but after Derek made a decision to give her a second chance...the slate was made clean. Derek even said that he was committed to giving the marriage one more try, and constantly reassured her of that. So the second time around, the reason why the marriage didn't work was because Derek was in an emotional (and eventually physical) affair with Meredith. And it's true that Meredith never confronted Addison and sincerely apologized for what had happened (while not under the influence of morphine, and even then...it was half-assed). Addison was torn apart by finding Mer's underwear in Derek's coat and trying to compete with the emotional affair. She avoided the new "happy couple" in the hallway initially and even cried in the closet.

So yes, I do think Cristina is sporting a double-standard. And yes, it has always been a closed circle with Mer and Cristina. There has always been this divide with Mer/Cris (the "doers") and George/Izzie. But now that the George situation is complicated, Izzie has no one.

Also, I think, if anything, Cristina is just reacting to the fact that Hahn chose Izzie over her. Cristina's ego and professional pride has been hurt, and if she can throw the Callie thing in Izzie's face too, then it works.

Quote:
What episode have Gizzie gone on a date?
Actually romantic pairings on T.V. rarely ever go on a date until after they're already romantically involved. Just think of Burke/Cristina, Jim/Pam (they already had the kiss and all this emotional affair drama), Pacey/Joey (hell, they never even had an official "date" before they decided they were in love), etc. It's a very easy step to miss on television, and usually occurs sometime after the pairing has already become a couple

Quote:
I agree. Though I don't like Gizzie I try not to say something too harsh because I know the spoilers board can be unpleasant.
I've noticed that about you And I'd like to say "Thank You" I think this type of attitude would definitely keep the boards a little more pleasant.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
See, I didn't know that to become romantically involved with a person you had to go on a date.
They have not started a REAL romantic relationship yet. They had sex that night and then dealt with the repercussions from that one night. They haven't even had a chance to be HAPPY yet. So, no, I don't think they are in a real, solid, relationship yet. Not when George isn't even done with Callie.

Quote:
Also Addison did ruin the marriage the first time around, but after Derek made a decision to give her a second chance...the slate was made clean.
The slate was never made clean when Addison lied about the seriousness of her relationship with Mark. Derek thought they slept together that one time. Addison/Mark tried to *live together* and have a real relationship after Derek left.

I don't get why Gizzie needs to be compared to MerDer. It doesn't mean people are going to suddenly like Gizzie. They're played by two different characters, actors, and people with different chemistry.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:15 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
They have not started a REAL romantic relationship yet. They had sex that night and then dealt with the repercussions from that one night. They haven't even had a chance to be HAPPY yet. So, no, I don't think they are in a real, solid, relationship yet. Not when George isn't even done with Callie.
Again, I'm NOT saying they are in a real, solid, relationship. I was writing a response to someone who said they were not romantically involved. Of course they are not a couple, not a solid relationship, but they have feelings and that could (probability, could, might be or not) evolve in something more.

Then, tell me, were MerDer a solid relationship ever?

Quote:
I don't get why Gizzie needs to be compared to MerDer. It doesn't mean people are going to suddenly like Gizzie.
Oh, do you think we compare MerDer and Gizzie to make you like our couple? We just put the similarities that are between them, you might agree or not.

Last edited by josebajm; 10-20-2007 at 10:30 AM
Old 10-20-2007, 10:26 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I think we're all argueing over semantics. While I agree with you that George and Izzie are not an official couple yet, because George is still married to Callie I don't think that means they're not romantically involved. They have both admitted they love each other and want to be together, that to me a significant part of a romance.

Quote:
I don't get why Gizzie needs to be compared to MerDer. It doesn't mean people are going to suddenly like Gizzie. They're played by two different characters, actors, and people with different chemistry.
I'm confused. Are you talking about how Gizzie fans are making the comparison or about how the show is making the comparison in the sneak peek?

EDIT: Lightofshadows I agree with your entire post. Nobody could have said that better.

Last edited by absent toast; 10-20-2007 at 10:31 AM
Old 10-20-2007, 10:28 AM
Loyal Fan

shoot! double post. Sorry
Old 10-20-2007, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Then, tell me, were MerDer a solid relationship ever?
Yes and no. Gizzie aren't exactly deep into their relationship. If Shonda continues them, sure. They can be.

Quote:
I'm confused. Are you talking about how Gizzie fans are making the comparison or about how the show is making the comparison in the sneak peek?
No, I'm talking about all around, but the above post is another example of it. I don't need to be justified with MerDer to have an opinion on Gizzie. I don't believe their situations are the same. Callie isn't Addison, and that's a VERY important distinction. Derek definitely isn't George (George is more like Addison, if anything) and Meredith isn't Izzie.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:00 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Yes and no. Gizzie aren't exactly deep into their relationship. If Shonda continues them, sure. They can be.

By the sound of it in episode seven they will be in a relationship. I mean it sounds like Shonda plans on continueing them or else it would have been over by now and he wouldn't have said ILU2.
And I will try to fix you
Icon:-Terri-
Old 10-20-2007, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Quote:
It's perfect that Izzie is calling Cris on her BS because Mer and Izzie are not that different, even though some of you will never accept that.
Er...we don't have to accept that. Your opinion isn't gospel, anymore than mine is. It's just that: an OPINION. Not truth. We all view the show the way we want to.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:27 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the sneak peek!!!

Who is gonna Mark feel attracted? Callie?
Old 10-20-2007, 11:32 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srta_Parker (View Post)
Thanks for the sneak peek!!!

Who is gonna Mark feel attracted? Callie?
maybe the new doctor coming?
And I will try to fix you
Icon:-Terri-
Old 10-20-2007, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I think the podcast can put the nail in the coffin that the new doctor is a love interest for Derek- Shonda pretty much out and out confirmed it. I'm thinking Callie is likely for Mark as well.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread