Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2017, 02:35 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by proty (View Post)
It's clear TPTB have no game plan and just throw whatever idea that comes into their head that day onscreen.
Yeah, that's why the conclusion of the Winter finale was foreshadowed by the main concept of season one episode seven. Definitely "whatever idea comes into their head that day"

Oh and that's why you have ten times stronger character development on Gotham than on any other comic book show, including critical darlings like Daredevil, Jessica Jones or what not...
Old 02-03-2017, 08:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telepath (View Post)
Yeah, that's why the conclusion of the Winter finale was foreshadowed by the main concept of season one episode seven. Definitely "whatever idea comes into their head that day"

Oh and that's why you have ten times stronger character development on Gotham than on any other comic book show, including critical darlings like Daredevil, Jessica Jones or what not...
That's your opinion. Not a fact. Gotham IMO shouldn't ever be compared to Daredevil or Jessica Jones which are masterpieces.

Character development on Gotham? There is none. Everyone are just plot points. Look at the horrible writing characters like Barbara, Tabitha, Nygma, Penguin, get.

I find the show over the top, cheesy, and badly acted. My opinion. So roll your eyes and laugh all you want. You may love this show. But not everyone does.
Old 02-03-2017, 03:39 PM
Obsessed Fan

Alright, kid.

You do not jump into a dedicated Gotham thread to take a dump on the show and then play the "it's just your opinion" card. You just don't. I'll show you just why that's a very bad idea.
Quote:
Character development on Gotham? There is none.
So.

There's no difference between Bruce Wayne season 1 episode 1 and the present? There's no difference between Edward Nygma season 1 episode 1 and the present? There's no difference between Barbara Kean season 1 episode 1 and the present? There's no difference between Selina Kyle season 1 episode 1 and the present?

Meanwhile, each of the main characters in the pilot of Daredevil could be replaced with their last episode counterparts without it even making a difference. Daredevil is a "surface depth" show, Gotham is a "hidden complexity" one.

I gave you all the respect a basher coming into this thread to hate on the show deserves, which is none.

Last edited by Telepath; 02-03-2017 at 03:46 PM
Old 02-03-2017, 04:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telepath (View Post)
Alright, kid.

You do not jump into a dedicated Gotham thread to take a dump on the show and then play the "it's just your opinion" card. You just don't. I'll show you just why that's a very bad idea.
So.

There's no difference between Bruce Wayne season 1 episode 1 and the present? There's no difference between Edward Nygma season 1 episode 1 and the present? There's no difference between Barbara Kean season 1 episode 1 and the present? There's no difference between Selina Kyle season 1 episode 1 and the present?

Meanwhile, each of the main characters in the pilot of Daredevil could be replaced with their last episode counterparts without it even making a difference. Daredevil is a "surface depth" show, Gotham is a "hidden complexity" one.

I gave you all the respect a basher coming into this thread to hate on the show deserves, which is none.
You just broke many board rules, so now I am reporting you. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. If you don't like it, that is your problem. There is something wrong with you if you are going to attack anyone who doesn't like your favorite show. Grow up.

If you need a reminder, one of the basic rules posted above:
http://www.fanforum.com/f15/announce...d-1-31-16.html

Be respectful. Not everyone is going to agree with you at all times. It’s perfectly fine to disagree with someone as long as it is done respectfully, but do not attack other posters. Please treat other members with the same respect and courtesy that you would want for yourself.

Last edited by proty; 02-03-2017 at 05:37 PM
Old 02-04-2017, 03:13 AM
Obsessed Fan

Fine by me.

If you need more material explicitly going into detail about the "nonexistent" character development on Gotham, here's:

Bruce: Doux Reviews: Gotham: "Don't Ever Grow Up"
Edward Nygma: Doux Reviews: Gotham: Mad Grey Dawn

However, in your mind I guess Bruce Wayne in the pilot could've beat the crap out of the Joker.
Old 02-04-2017, 03:14 AM
Obsessed Fan

<dp>
Old 02-04-2017, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Why are on an dedicated thread about show you clearly don't like all that much.
Old 02-04-2017, 05:02 PM
Elite Fan

Guys everyone is entitled to an opinion on this show. If you do not agree it's perfectly fine to say why, but do so with respect. This is not high school and I shouldn't have to remind you guys how to behave. Please remember to keep a little common courtesy in mind.
Old 02-04-2017, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay sorry about that.
Old 02-05-2017, 03:50 AM
Obsessed Fan

@stlavin95, you have no reason to apologize.

This hasn't been posted in the thread so:

I think this is the last footage we'll get until April, unfortunately
Old 02-05-2017, 11:22 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane eyes (View Post)
Guys everyone is entitled to an opinion on this show. If you do not agree it's perfectly fine to say why, but do so with respect. This is not high school and I shouldn't have to remind you guys how to behave. Please remember to keep a little common courtesy in mind.
Thank you, hurricane eyes.
Old 02-05-2017, 12:03 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for posting the promo

Gotta say the guy playing the Riddler seems perfect for the role.
Old 02-05-2017, 12:12 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Thanks for posting the promo

Gotta say the guy playing the Riddler seems perfect for the role.
He's a great fit. Both Penguin and Riddler are quite unlike how they are in most comics but still, somehow they seem to "be" the role anyway.

Cory's Riddler is certainly the "classiest" one I've seen. Very handsome and clever guy in real life, as well.
Old 02-05-2017, 12:15 PM
Elite Fan

From the 4 episodes I saw of s1 I wasn't all that impressed with Penguin, but I heard he also transformed the role as well. I guess he went on a huge character arc from what I heard.
Old 02-05-2017, 12:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
From the 4 episodes I saw of s1 I wasn't all that impressed with Penguin, but I heard he also transformed the role as well. I guess he went on a huge character arc from what I heard.
The first major episode for him is 7. That's where the pieces start to come together. That's also the introduction of one of the most important running themes of the show.

I've always liked the actor a lot. Some of the material he's been given has been a bit thankless, but nothing like poor Erin Richards' fare during most of the first season. Lee's also had her share of weak sauce, but I think the worst problem with the show is Jim Gordon. It's a major flaw for a show when you have an unlikable and unrelatable protagonist, and that's how he's come across more often than not. The reason the show works is most of the other roles are great.

The other problem with Jim is that he was introduced as an everyman lead but an everyman lead only works in contrast with his flamboyant antagonists. Instead they've focused far too much on his own personal problems which frankly are less than engaging.

Right now it's a constant that the less Jim, the better the episode. It's a shame because Ben's really a good actor, he just seems straitjacketed.