Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2009, 05:59 PM
Master Fan

I am still watching for obvious reasons but this CV thing is just so .....WTF. Do they have like a relationship now?
Old 03-29-2009, 05:59 PM
Loyal Fan

At this point, I just feel like the writers and I are going in completely different directions. I believe in consistent story-telling, staying true to the character's core values (as in Vanessa talking Nate into reuniting with his family in one episode and sleeping with his best friend in the next), and character growth. I no longer am sure GG feels the same way. It isn't you, GG, it's me. I need more.
"West Coast" Coconut Records
Old 03-29-2009, 06:02 PM
Loyal Fan

I think we all want and need more. If the current storylines we are seeing had developed at a slower pace, with more build up, and character development, they would potentially have been less cringeworthy.

Why is this show getting a spin-off? If the writers can't make a show hold its audience for more than a couple season when the show itself is based off of a popular book series, I can't see how they could make a spin-off work.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashinglySweet (View Post)
I think we all want and need more. If the current storylines we are seeing had developed at a slower pace, with more build up, and character development, they would potentially have been less cringeworthy.
Exactly, how do they expect us to feel when they just smack random people into a relationship
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucklover (View Post)
Wow, just wow...I don't know what to say. I'm lost for words.

Well, with the exception of one thing which is that I'm starting to feel like maybe the CB scene is just to string people along to the end of the season because maybe they knew they would be testing the audience with these sls, but that in reality it won't happen at all.
I'm trying to be positive but I feel jerked around by the writers.

The fact that they would go out of their way to incessantly tell fans that CB is not forgotten and to hang in there and then pull this crap with CV and Blair acting all nutso is a huge kick in the crotch. They're setting themselves up for failure though. No one believes anything they say anymore...the fans don't trust the writers. Steph Savage rudely tells fans to get over DS because they're dunzo (FANDOM # 1 kicked in the crotch), then she has NB kissing (FANDOM #2 kicked in the crotch), then she has CV fooling around (FANDOM #3 of people who actually liked NV kicked in the crotch).

I get that writers shouldn't listen to fans...I get it, but they shouldn't completely ignore what works and what doesn't either. If you read incessantly that fans aren't really loving Vanessa, you should try to make her more real and sympathetic to the audience. They're not doing that. I don't know what they're doing, except destroying each and every character right now. At this pt, they're all unappealing to me...all of them, except Dan and Jenny H.

I have no words...no words at all. The writers lack the ability to depict character motivation. I love how whenever Steph or Josh explain the characters and storylines, their explanations don't usually flow with what's on screen. Like SS saying that NB would start off platonic and become great friends...really? In less than an episode. What's behind the whole NB thing anyway? Are we supposed to think it's the real thing or is Blair going through her crazy phase and wants comfort, like the spoilers are saying? Can we trust anyone at this pt? Gosh, we can't even trust ourselves because we may think a scene means one thing but then we learn it means something else. UGH!
Total Fan

hey guys, I can't find the recap. can someone please link me?

and wow. from what I'm reading, I really don't know how I feel about this. I'll wait till I watch, but I'm not liking it.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Here is the recap via TWOP: The Canada Thread (Spoilers) - TWoP Forums
"West Coast" Coconut Records
Old 03-29-2009, 06:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by strikeleo (View Post)
hey guys, I can't find the recap. can someone please link me?

and wow. from what I'm reading, I really don't know how I feel about this. I'll wait till I watch, but I'm not liking it.
Im loving it! <3
Old 03-29-2009, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

what was the point of the CB scene then? its like the writers were trying to imply NB were just blair seeking a simpler relaionship and chuck cared and then somehow it turns into NB being all epiclly in love and chuck caring about V, they're contradicting themselves in the same bloody episode!!
Old 03-29-2009, 06:11 PM
Master Fan

NB and CV my life is complete

Old 03-29-2009, 06:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

OMFG I GOT IT, I GOT IT..I'M SO SMART. I mean I think I got it.

Both Chuck and Blair are trying to build up what they had with other people.

Blair wants what she had with Chuck with Nate, the sparks, fireworks and drama.
Chuck wants what he had with Blair with Vanessa, the whole "it's didn't mean anything" crap.

They are trying to erase what they had only to try and have the same thing with other people, but this time to make it "right".

i love you. ♡
Old 03-29-2009, 06:14 PM
Supreme Fan

The only thing that can save this show is Lily waking up one morning to Bart Bass getting out of the shower.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:15 PM
Master Fan

That's giving the writers too much credit I've lost respect for them and refuse to believe they're actually that deep and smart
thinking maybe you'll get it back and then you realize it's just gone.
banner: Brittany
Old 03-29-2009, 06:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LALEY-FOREVER (View Post)
OMFG I GOT IT, I GOT IT..I'M SO SMART. I mean I think I got it.

Both Chuck and Blair are trying to build up what they had with other people.

Blair wants what she had with Chuck with Nate, the sparks, fireworks and drama.
Chuck wants what he had with Blair with Vanessa, the whole "it's didn't mean anything" crap.

They are trying to erase what they had only to try and have the same thing with other people, but this time to make it "right".
your so smart bb

i wish the writers would somehow make that clear though

though the similarity of the CV sex to the CB sex is a give away
Old 03-29-2009, 06:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyloveschuck (View Post)
The only thing that can save this show is Lily waking up one morning to Bart Bass getting out of the shower.
Vanessa leaving would help too.......