Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2014, 07:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I like Chace yes he's not the best actor but he's so pretty and adorable
Old 03-22-2014, 08:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

Naya already said that she had some things having to do with her album so that's why she's not appearing in a few episodes. But she's coming back to set next week for whatever episode they are on.

So they jump ahead to a new school-year after this episode, so I'm guessing we really aren't going back to Lima, or at least if we do we're gonna have a new class next season, everyone will be either seniors or graduated. Shame. I liked the newbies.

Are they just staying with the all NY format until the end of season? I think I read somewhere they were gonna maybe go back to Lima for a few episodes at the end of this season.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtedegrasi (View Post)
Naya already said that she had some things having to do with her album so that's why she's not appearing in a few episodes. But she's coming back to set next week for whatever episode they are on.

So they jump ahead to a new school-year after this episode, so I'm guessing we really aren't going back to Lima, or at least if we do we're gonna have a new class next season, everyone will be either seniors or graduated. Shame. I liked the newbies.

Are they just staying with the all NY format until the end of season? I think I read somewhere they were gonna maybe go back to Lima for a few episodes at the end of this season.
I believe the all New York format is staying for the remainder of the season. Yeah, after this coming episode. The April 1st episode time jumps a few months to the start of the new school year with Artie getting used to New York in a wheelchair. Blaine having moved into the loft. Rachel getting used to working on the musical. And getting closer to Opening Night.

With Mercedes moving to New York to work on her album.

Doubtful Lima will be seen again, until at least next season.

I do know Tina is in Episode 17 (which is called Opening Night). Which has to be Rachel's big opening night. So I can see some of the Lima cast in town.

I think they want to test the New York format. If they go back to Lima, it likely won't be until next season.

I guess it depends on if April and Holly were able to get the Glee Club reinstated, because otherwise, the kids will go all their own way and we won't see them.

Or with a new school year, they can try to get it reinstated in the fall.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 03-25-2014, 07:14 PM
Elite Fan

Glee - Episode 5.14 - New New York - Promo | Spoilers
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 03-25-2014, 07:18 PM
New Fan

Is Heather coming back as well? Now that Naya's back in NY or will she just be referenced
Old 03-26-2014, 07:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
NEW YORK HAS NO SHORTAGE OF DRAMA AND TRAUMA ON AN ALL-NEW "GLEE" TUESDAY, APRIL 8, ON FOX

Rachel takes the next step in committing to her role in "Funny Girl." Meanwhile, Kurt is the victim of an attack because of his sexual preference in the all-new "Bash" episode of GLEE airing Tuesday, April 8 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GLE-515) (TV-14 D, L, S, V)

Cast: Lea Michele as Rachel Berry; Chris Colfer as Kurt Hummel; Kevin McHale as Artie Abrams; Naya Rivera as Santana Lopez; Darren Criss as Blaine Anderson; Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans.
Glee - Episode 5.15 - Bash - Press Release | Spoilers
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 03-27-2014, 02:20 AM
Elite Fan

I really hope this all New York all the time switch is just for the remainder of this season and not the entirety of the sixth and final season. It's just not right to not have some of time spent in Lima, at McKinley with New Directions still in existence. It's just not really Glee without New Directions still going. I mean they had all these beautiful sentimental remembrance of Finn moments in the Nationals episode, but then Ryan Murphy turns around and disbands the glee club Finn loved so much. How does that make sense? It just feels disrespectful to the memory of Finn and keeping it alive seemed to be important for a minute there anyway. But now New Directions is no more, Will's not even at McKinley anymore, and it all feels so wrong. Not to mention how unfair it is to create a plot twist that basically cuts half of the current cast out of the show because their characters weren't old enough to graduate and all randomly move to New York. The show has it's guaranteed 6th season and no one is trying to get a seventh so it doesn't need to do big shake up to get better ratings or something. They really don't have to worry about that stuff much at all. The show is ending and McKinley and New Directions should be a part of that last season. I don't care if half the show is New York, but some of it should be McKinley. New Directions should be restored and Will belongs there with them. When the show ends, I want it to be worthy of the beautiful early seasons. And that means New Directions and Will should be there for all the amazing, special kids who come through McKinley's halls and need that home that New Directions as always been. There should always be that place to belong and be yourself with Will always as the leader until he's old and gray and retiring. And the old NDer's always coming home to share their stories and successes with new kids. Hope. That's Glee. And that's all I'm saying. And sorry that this was super sappy but I needed to say it.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 03-27-2014, 06:17 AM
Master Fan

How many more episodes are there for this season?
Old 03-27-2014, 07:43 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell Dream Girl (View Post)
I do feel like the Press Release should have used sexual orientation, rather than sexual preference. It's not like a choice.

And I could see part of the reason they had to drop McKinley is to save on costs. Even with the guaranteed sixth Season, they have a large cast, and with the seniors leaving, they likely would have needed more people to join the Glee Club. So many cast members, and even such a large main cast, would be expensive to keep going with.

I will say, though, it seems somewhat foolish to have had Marley, Jake, Ryder, Kitty, and Unique all as reccurings with major screen time in Season 4, bump up to regulars for Season 5 but cut down down their screen time down big time, and then cut them all just over halfway through the Season. It seems like a waste of time and effort, but alas.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMiracles (View Post)
I really hope this all New York all the time switch is just for the remainder of this season and not the entirety of the sixth and final season. It's just not right to not have some of time spent in Lima, at McKinley with New Directions still in existence. It's just not really Glee without New Directions still going. I mean they had all these beautiful sentimental remembrance of Finn moments in the Nationals episode, but then Ryan Murphy turns around and disbands the glee club Finn loved so much. How does that make sense? It just feels disrespectful to the memory of Finn and keeping it alive seemed to be important for a minute there anyway. But now New Directions is no more, Will's not even at McKinley anymore, and it all feels so wrong. Not to mention how unfair it is to create a plot twist that basically cuts half of the current cast out of the show because their characters weren't old enough to graduate and all randomly move to New York. The show has it's guaranteed 6th season and no one is trying to get a seventh so it doesn't need to do big shake up to get better ratings or something. They really don't have to worry about that stuff much at all. The show is ending and McKinley and New Directions should be a part of that last season. I don't care if half the show is New York, but some of it should be McKinley. New Directions should be restored and Will belongs there with them. When the show ends, I want it to be worthy of the beautiful early seasons. And that means New Directions and Will should be there for all the amazing, special kids who come through McKinley's halls and need that home that New Directions as always been. There should always be that place to belong and be yourself with Will always as the leader until he's old and gray and retiring. And the old NDer's always coming home to share their stories and successes with new kids. Hope. That's Glee. And that's all I'm saying. And sorry that this was super sappy but I needed to say it.
It's because the split focus wasn't gelling. Although I personally didn't mind the new cast. But the old cast were all now graduating after slowing down the school year, and they most of the favorites are in New York. So they would have brought in new kids to keep it in Lima. And just Will and the old newbies plus the new kids aren't going to keep the audience...

Doesn't mean they won't go back to Lima in the fall. I am sure they are testing out how Glee: New York does...

In the end it's doesn't matter if Finn's legacy is in Lima. The fact is the show feels they need to see how the show does, by showing the kids growing up and in the older feeling of New York. Focusing on the originals, or fan favorites...

But they know they can't move everyone to New York given the structure of the ages of the kids.

I think Glee's poor ratings mean the show is willing to take the risk to see how the show does by going all New York.

If they go back to Lima in the fall, if it doesn't work or even if does work and they want to go back. They can use the closing up the show in the sixth season storyline of the show to reinstate the Glee club. And work on bringing back the reputation and glory again...

Using some of the well known alumni of New Directions, and even Rachel to bring the club back to it's glory. I know the end of the season will look at Rachel's first big Broadway show. Doesn't mean it will end up going well....

She could decide to go back to Lima to get the Glee club back, before in the series finale going back to New York to conquer it again.

At this point, the ratings are forcing the show's hand. And also Cory's death. If he had lived, the show would have stayed split. Unless the ratings had continued to drop even with him alive, and they still might have moved everything including Finn to New York. But Ryan had a very direct version of what he wanted to play and had to change it up completely with Cory's death...

The show didn't have many choices at this point given the ratings...and where the storyline potential was....
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 03-27-2014, 09:49 AM
Elite Fan

For me last episode would had been a great series finale.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:41 AM
Extreme Fan

Is it just me or are the writers setting us up for a Sam/Rachel relationship? If they do this it better be done the right way and he better treat her right now that Finn is gone.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:52 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissyc20 (View Post)
Is it just me or are the writers setting us up for a Sam/Rachel relationship? If they do this it better be done the right way and he better treat her right now that Finn is gone.
I know in a recent interview, Lea Michelle said that Samcedes were starting up again.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:58 AM
Absolute Fan

Good for Samcedes since they stunted them for no reason.

Avatar courtesy of: midnight_road.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I doubt Amber is back for good tou.

So if Sam hooks up with Rachel, he has hooked up with all the original girls? lawl.