Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2016, 11:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane eyes (View Post)

So I get that the writers tried to show Maya was into Lucas because she wanted to make sure he was good enough for Riley as some form of her being this amazing friend, but I'm sorry that's so freaking messed up. I don't see how Riley (and Lucas) weren't more upset about this tbh. Maya had good intentions sure, but she also screwed with her friends (unintentionally I guess) and caused unnecessary drama. I could understand her realizing she didn't care about Lucas as more than a friend, but to make it that she subconsciously drove a wedge between all 3 of them to test Lucas somehow makes her seem like a really crappy friend.
Wow, you're absolutely right. I never even thought of it in that manner. You are right!

Great thoughts.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
i dont believe anything the writers say, i wouldnt worry.

they just posted that the characters make the wrong decisions in ski lodge part 2 so what does that even say about them? they are nuts.

Last edited by Cori_McGowen; 07-25-2016 at 11:33 AM Reason: Do not want to cause problems
Old 07-25-2016, 11:34 AM
Cardcaptor Queen

I still bet they won't really end the triangle (which changed and ruined the show) after the next episode and will still drop crumbs to both fanbases. It's just as painfully obvious as Farkle/Riley being endgame too IMO.
Old 07-25-2016, 03:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah, yesterday's tweets were cryptic even for me. They, and everything else will make perfect sense with the last lines of episode 21.
LOL are they stupid? Like do they realize that 1) They really have made the show all about ships. 2) They are ruining the stories of BOTH Riley/Lucas and Lucas/Maya (if they are to be a couple and there are feelings.)

Like WTF. None of this makes sense. I did have a feeling they wouldn't drop it, but at the same time with the way they ended things in Part 2 I couldn't imagine how they could bring it back up. Absolutely ridiculous and so stupid.
Old 07-25-2016, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Glad the love triangle is over I feel bad for LM shippers they shouldn't have don't this love triangld
Old 07-26-2016, 03:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

I sincerely doubt its over after those tweets. ^

Quote:
Lucas was freaking out when Maya was joking around about it being them. He absolutely picked Riley and does not, and never did, like Maya romantically.
are you joking?

yeah he never liked maya, he never weighed the differences between the girls... right.

this is sarcasm seeing as it went on for months and months with him trying to "decide".... say what you want about MAYA's feelings, (dumbest re-write ever on that one, a+ writers) but lucas? no. He even gave Riley the purple jellybean and was like "oh yeah, to decide between you i had to use these!" like, romantic.

Being a R/L fan is fine, but to say Lucas never liked Maya is a stretch.

And there are actually spoilers out there that say Maya isn't so happy in the next episode with everything that went down, but we'll see how it plays out.
Old 07-26-2016, 10:08 AM
Elite Fan

I think the writers established in the last few episodes that since Maya had "become Riley" Lucas would have picked Riley no matter if it was Maya. The writers are the ones saying in this past episode that for Lucas it was always Riley.

Honestly the episode was a complete mess on all sides and just made Maya look like a terrible friend imo. The writers were trying to say that no matter who dates who the true love story is Maya and Riley's friendship, but that friendship was a joke after they had Maya become Riley in order to test Lucas. Like neither Riley nor Lucas' feelings made any difference in this entire scenario. A complete and total mess.
Old 07-26-2016, 11:20 AM
Master Fan

I am surprised to see so many in this thread buy Josh's explanation of the triangle when he wasn't around for all of it. The testing thing is even less believable than the brother/sister angle with Riley/Lucas. And Lucas/Riley solution was messed up. Not being allow to have deep conversation with anyone but each other. Their relationship is so unhealthy to me. Lucas is written so badly. Heck the whole solution was messed up. Maya can't have hope, good grades or like a nice boy cause that is supposedly being Riley, Riley can't talk about deep stuff with others ... nowhere near the quality relationship of the original series.
Old 07-26-2016, 11:38 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
I am surprised to see so many in this thread buy Josh's explanation of the triangle when he wasn't around for all of it. The testing thing is even less believable than the brother/sister angle with Riley/Lucas. And Lucas/Riley solution was messed up. Not being allow to have deep conversation with anyone but each other. Their relationship is so unhealthy to me. Lucas is written so badly. Heck the whole solution was messed up. Maya can't have hope, good grades or like a nice boy cause that is supposedly being Riley, Riley can't talk about deep stuff with others ... nowhere near the quality relationship of the original series.
I'm not saying I buy it, but it seems that's what the writers were conveying as fact to the audience. I think it's a load of bs, but that's how they seemed to want to spin this. And as I had said before I think the person it truly hurts the most character-wise is Maya because I don't think this explanation of wanting to "test Lucas" makes her look like the good friend that the writers were trying to convey her as. It was a terrible triangle and an even worse "solution".
Old 07-26-2016, 11:44 AM
Master Fan

I just see it as a temporary thing because the solution makes no sense. And from the tweets I don't think it's the end either. If Maya had realised this on her own it would be one thing but she is basically told by Josh. The whole storyline makes no sense. And while Josh and Maya do have chemistry, a 14 year old and a freshman in College promising a someday to each other just seem unappropriate to me. This show will never match the original in terms of Relationship. Unless somehow they write Riley/Farkle good someday.
Old 07-26-2016, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
with the way they ended things in Part 2 I couldn't imagine how they could bring it back up. Absolutely ridiculous and so stupid.
Exactly. Going by what transpired in part 2, revisiting any of this would be an absolute joke.

ETA:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex
Being a R/L fan is fine, but to say Lucas never liked Maya is a stretch.
Liking R/L doesn't mean I cannot understand the dialogue. I also wouldn't object to Riley/Farkle so classifying me as liking only "one ship" is inaccurate.

Are you saying Maya's lying when she said she never liked Lucas romantically (was only protecting Riley) and that's why she poured that thing on him? She is lying then? Also, Maya and Lucas are both lying when they agreed that Lucas just didn't want to hurt Maya in case she really did like him? Also, Lucas didn't get nervous and reacted like "No!" when Maya joked that he picked her since he didn't know she was kidding?

What part is a stretch?

Last edited by jediwands; 07-26-2016 at 01:53 PM
Old 07-26-2016, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
I think it's crystal clear after this last episode that Lucas and Maya do not have romantic feelings for each other and never, ever did. I mean, it was so crystal clear I was shocked. I never expected it to be that obvious and final but it was. Lucas was freaking out when Maya was joking around about it being them. He absolutely picked Riley and does not, and never did, like Maya romantically. He just didn't want to hurt her. Maya never liked Lucas either and she says as much plain as day. We know why she poured something on him. It's final. I feel for the shippers too because it was kind of sneaky given how the storyline was constructed but I don't think they tried to mislead the Lucas/Maya shippers as much as they wanted to have a nice twist to show how much Maya loves Riley.
This.
Also the whole reason this triangle lasted as long as it did was because of the lack of Josh. He was the missing puzzle piece.
Old 07-26-2016, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ale-la-pazza1 (View Post)
This.
Also the whole reason this triangle lasted as long as it did was because of the lack of Josh. He was the missing puzzle piece.
Exactly right.
Old 07-26-2016, 01:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I think the writers established in the last few episodes that since Maya had "become Riley" Lucas would have picked Riley no matter if it was Maya. The writers are the ones saying in this past episode that for Lucas it was always Riley.
It's not the writers establishing anything though, it's JOSH telling Maya what he thinks to be true and Maya just believing it. Just as she believed when Rlley said she was acting like her. It's nothing Maya came to by herself. It's not new behavior of Maya to just follow Riley's lead. She's been doing this in multiple episodes.

IMHO (and I haven't seen ALL of part 2 yet so this may change) Maya is only trying to be a good friend and let Riley be happy. She does have feelings for Josh so it must makes sense for to assume or pretend that she was "pretending" to be Riley.

But realistically that makes no sense whatsoever. You can't pretend to be someone for so long and so convincingly and not even realize it? It's just a dumb plot, and I'm hoping it'll be rectified later.

But even if what you are saying is correct, and Maya was pretending to be Riley, that doesn't take away from Lucas' feelings, only Maya's. Lucas may have chosen Riley, but that doesn't mean he had zero feelings for Maya either or this triangle never would have existed.

Quote:
Honestly the episode was a complete mess on all sides and just made Maya look like a terrible friend imo. The writers were trying to say that no matter who dates who the true love story is Maya and Riley's friendship, but that friendship was a joke after they had Maya become Riley in order to test Lucas. Like neither Riley nor Lucas' feelings made any difference in this entire scenario. A complete and total mess.
And SERIOUSLY people blaming Maya for being a "bad friend" for testing them? are you kidding? Girl cant win with you guys, you'll always find something to hate her about. AGAIN, if the theory is even true (which i dont believe it is) Maya said in the episode she wasn't even aware of thats what was happening until Josh told her, so don't call her a bad friend. If you buy into this ridiculous explanation, then she wasn't aware she was protecting Riley until this episode.

Quote:
100% word. Josh likes Maya, therefor, of course he is going to diminish her feelings for another guy. And if Riley/Lucas fans are so upset about the brother/sister explanation (Which was later disproved bTW) then Lucaya fans have a right to believe that this whole "maya pretending to be riley" theory is not only ridiculous but may also be disproved later as well.

And you are exactly right, they say that conversations are important to a real relationship, yet when have Riley and Lucas ever had a real relationship other than MAYBE in this episode, and literally that ONE library talk they had? They always bring up that one conversation but R/L didnt even interact much in these episodes before. And yeah, then they try to say they can't talk to other people? How weird is that? The second Riley confides in Farkle over something, we know Lucas is gonna get upset? He's already been shown to have jealous sides to him.

Quote:
I mean, I guess you don't believe the dialogue then is what you're getting at?
Just because the characters said it doesn't make it true. AGAIN, dont you remember not too long ago when Maya said Riley/Lucas were like brother and sister??? Once again, a character is telling Maya what she feels, she never stated it herself, only seemed to agree after the fact, just as Riley did after it FIRST came to light people viewed her and Lucas as bro/sis.

So no, I don't believe the dialogue. lol.

Quote:
I think certain fans want to believe that Uriah is the reason the triangle went on that long but I call BALONEY.

Because they don't need Josh to end the triangle? They could have ended it whenever the heck they wanted to. They could have AT ANY TIME brought in another guy for Maya to have feelings for...

These writers are messy and confusing and who the heck knows what they are planning to do? They said 100% THE TRIANGLE IS DONE, they tell everyone at a viewing this, then before the episode even airs they tweet THIS?

And not too long ago they said two couples would happen now (which we know to be RL and JM) but one would come out of that.

IMO the options are either:

Farkle/Riley
Lucas/Maya
or
something unexpected like Zay/Maya.

I've read multiple things on tumblr about how Maya isn't completely happy in "I do" and that every lesson they learned was totally went against in Ski Lodge... So again... we'll see.
Old 07-26-2016, 02:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It's not the writers establishing anything though, it's JOSH telling Maya what he thinks to be true and Maya just believing it. Just as she believed when Rlley said she was acting like her. It's nothing Maya came to by herself. It's not new behavior of Maya to just follow Riley's lead. She's been doing this in multiple episodes.

IMHO (and I haven't seen ALL of part 2 yet so this may change) Maya is only trying to be a good friend and let Riley be happy. She does have feelings for Josh so it must makes sense for to assume or pretend that she was "pretending" to be Riley.

But realistically that makes no sense whatsoever. You can't pretend to be someone for so long and so convincingly and not even realize it? It's just a dumb plot, and I'm hoping it'll be rectified later.

But even if what you are saying is correct, and Maya was pretending to be Riley, that doesn't take away from Lucas' feelings, only Maya's. Lucas may have chosen Riley, but that doesn't mean he had zero feelings for Maya either or this triangle never would have existed.
Josh is a character used as a mouth piece for the writers i.e. what Josh says is what the writers want to get across to the audience. I'm not agreeing with what Josh said and hell it could all be a way to make the audience think one thing so they don't expect some major twist coming, but for now it is in canon that Maya had become Riley and during that time had feelings for Lucas so if Lucas did feel something more than friendship with Maya that was because she was acting/turning into Riley who he already established to have feelings for.

I didn't say this was a good plot, just what has been on screen in this latest episode. Things could change on a dime so who knows what will happen later, but for now that's where the characters are at.

Quote:
And SERIOUSLY people blaming Maya for being a "bad friend" for testing them? are you kidding? Girl cant win with you guys, you'll always find something to hate her about. AGAIN, if the theory is even true (which i dont believe it is) Maya said in the episode she wasn't even aware of thats what was happening until Josh told her, so don't call her a bad friend. If you buy into this ridiculous explanation, then she wasn't aware she was protecting Riley until this episode.
I'm going to just refer you to my first post on this matter:

Quote:
So I get that the writers tried to show Maya was into Lucas because she wanted to make sure he was good enough for Riley as some form of her being this amazing friend, but I'm sorry that's so freaking messed up. I don't see how Riley (and Lucas) weren't more upset about this tbh. Maya had good intentions sure, but she also screwed with her friends (unintentionally I guess) and caused unnecessary drama. I could understand her realizing she didn't care about Lucas as more than a friend, but to make it that she subconsciously drove a wedge between all 3 of them to test Lucas somehow makes her seem like a really crappy friend.
No where in there did I say that she purposely did any of this. However, subconsciously or not that's not the act of a true friend. That's like a girl texting her friend's boyfriend to see if he will flirt with her and then telling her friend she was testing him for her to see if he was faithful.

I blame the poor writing on this one because they're trying to show this as Maya being such a good and caring friend, but that doesn't sound like a good and caring friend. This doesn't seem like the Maya we had seen before to do something so underhanded to Riley, unaware or not. And I don't see this being anti Maya because I'm not anti Maya. I'm anti let's change the whole show about Maya when it was delivered as an ensemble with Riley being the center. I'm anti changing the parent shows history for a character on this show.