Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2016, 06:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I would like to see that as well. It's also realistic if nobody ends up with anyone, because I know many people go through high school without getting into a relationship with anyone. I said that it would be nice to see if nobody ends up with anyone because I'm at the point where I'm just tired of shipping on this show in general.
Oh no, I didn't say that to undermine what you said if that's what you took it as. I completely agree with you, it is realistic that that's what happens in HS. I was just saying like I feel like my opinion with that may not be popular, I just thought it would've been something nice to see on the show. I understand why you are tired of shipping on this show though. I think I talked to you on the Secret Life board right? After that I was all shipped out I could not be a shipper ever again. It's still cute to me when I see cute moments and whatever. I just don't see how you can really truly ship on this show anyway without feeling like you're going to get crushed by the writers LOL. It just doesn't seem fun to me. I feel for you guys :/

Quote:
awkward tension. I'm mostly referring to the last scene they filmed for the episode. It seemed awkward. Awkward cute in a way?
Ahhh I see. I guess we're going to have to watch to find out. Were they hand-holding or anything to show that they're a couple? Or is the dynamic between the two of them the same? You don't have to answer if you don't want to, I'm just curious as to how they're going to portray them as a couple and if we will see them actually being coupley towards each other.
Old 07-18-2016, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Oh no, I didn't say that to undermine what you said if that's what you took it as. I completely agree with you, it is realistic that that's what happens in HS. I was just saying like I feel like my opinion with that may not be popular, I just thought it would've been something nice to see on the show. I understand why you are tired of shipping on this show though. I think I talked to you on the Secret Life board right? After that I was all shipped out I could not be a shipper ever again. It's still cute to me when I see cute moments and whatever. I just don't see how you can really truly ship on this show anyway without feeling like you're going to get crushed by the writers LOL. It just doesn't seem fun to me. I feel for you guys :/
I think I've been on tumblr for too long to see these shippers going out after another. I'm just tired. I honestly didn't mean to ship anyone with anyone since I love the friendship the most on the show. Now i ship riley/farkle, i don't really care for the writers.

Quote:
Ahhh I see. I guess we're going to have to watch to find out. Were they hand-holding or anything to show that they're a couple? Or is the dynamic between the two of them the same? You don't have to answer if you don't want to, I'm just curious as to how they're going to portray them as a couple and if we will see them actually being coupley towards each other.
Nope. We see them next to each other so we see the dynamic the same?

And yes, I used to talk to you on the Secret Life board.
Old 07-18-2016, 07:04 PM
Elite Fan

Oh my gosh...the things on tumblr I occasionally see are absolutely awful And what makes me more sad is that some shippers go on Twitter or tumblr and whatever and kind of threaten the writers that if their ship doesn't happen they'll stop watching. Like if you feel that way you shouldn't be watching the show at all, because you're not really a fan. It's just kind of dumb with all the shipper wars. I blame the writers completely tho. I see the way they play into it and tease shippers on twitter. It's not right.

Ahh I see...I think I'm just more curious in general on how Disney will handle them as a couple. What they're going to allow and not allow...just the boundaries in general. I doubt they will try and push any boundaries, but we will see

Secret Life was a slap in the face. I think after that awful of a show I lost a biggg amount of faith in writers of shows in general. Because I know for a fact that as a teenager I got to them and they listened to me and other shippers. And that's just not right. A story should be written without the influence of any shippers.
Old 07-18-2016, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ah secret life. Gnw looks a Shakespeare play compared to that show it was just a mesh. I am sorry that it let you done though. These days I do tend to ship adults more. I do prefer josh/Maya, Farkle/Smackle and rucas. However, it won't be the end of the world if they don't end up together. I just want the love triangle to be over cause if it continues it will turn into who Boy who choses between two girls and that's not what I signed up for
Old 07-18-2016, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly and i hear chaos on twitter. It's just disappointing.

If it's disney, then peck kisses, handholding, hugging, close proximity and that was it?

We should never trust writers in general because they all bound to mess things up anyways.
Old 07-18-2016, 08:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah Disney channel can be pretty conservative on kisses popular couples Austen/Ali and sonny/Chad hardly shared kisses
Old 07-18-2016, 08:35 PM
Elite Fan

Basically monologues on GMW are the new physical stuff you guys That's how they're going to fulfill shippers expectations
Old 07-19-2016, 05:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Lol
Old 07-19-2016, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the discussions.
Old 07-20-2016, 12:31 AM
Elite Fan

You're welcome!!

I watched part 2...some scenes between the ships were kinda cute ngl I appreciated the scenes there were, and glad this triangle is OVER. And I actually do believe that it is over, considering how it really never apparently was a triangle in the first place. It was a definite cop-out and I feel for you Lucaya shippers...I really do. That really sucks and is a slap in the face. If Lucaya does happen at some point to me it's going to be so weird because she already said that she doesn't like him...that Josh is it for her. Like why do all that and then have it be Lucas/Maya at some point? It will just be so stupid. IMO if they're going to go with Rucas and then break them up at some point, fine...but it's going to seem really weird for Lucas/Maya to be a couple afterwards. They handled it alllll wrong and didn't leave anything open-ended with them. Happy for you Rucas and Josh/Maya shippers tho! But yeah, Lucaya shippers you have every right to be upset. And regardless I'm upset and I'm not even a shipper of theirs because it's just dumb. Like you're going to erase someone's feelings that you were building up for so long over an identity crisis? I saw the supposed "build-up" between Lucas/Maya out of nowhere. This identity crisis thing I also saw a little bit out of nowhere, but at least there were some things to back it up. Regardless, I never thought that it would be used to cop out of Lucas/Maya. But whatever, what's done is done. These writers just don't know really what they're doing which is really sad tbh. So thankful that there wasn't social media back when BMW was on, because I know some BS of Shawn/Topanga would've happened and it would've been written like a mess just like this show is.

Quote:
Girl Meets Writers ‏@GMWWriters Jul 17
This week: Lucaya. Rucas. The movie.
Next week: Lucaya. Rucas. The decision.
Then: A wedding.
Then: What's important.
Then: Belgium 1831.

Last edited by ღMitra; 07-22-2016 at 10:20 PM
Old 07-24-2016, 10:29 PM
Master Fan

'Girl Meets World' Season 3: This 'Ship Is 100 Percent NOT Happening, Writers Confirm [VIDEO] : TV/Reality TV : Enstarz‎

Is that true?

EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l SpikeღBuffy l BrandonღKelly l DylanღBrenda l
Old 07-25-2016, 12:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

For that article, I wouldn't believe it's it's from the writers Twitter. I don't believe anything that the writers said.

I watched ski lodge part 2 as well. It got it's moments. I don't believe that the love triangle is over. I just don't. I rather believe that it's over till the end of season 3. It feels too off and early for me.
Old 07-25-2016, 01:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

i dont believe anything the writers say, i wouldnt worry.

they just posted that the characters make the wrong decisions in ski lodge part 2 so what does that even say about them? they are nuts.
Old 07-25-2016, 03:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I think it's crystal clear after this last episode that Lucas and Maya do not have romantic feelings for each other and never, ever did. I mean, it was so crystal clear I was shocked. I never expected it to be that obvious and final but it was. Lucas was freaking out when Maya was joking around about it being them. He absolutely picked Riley and does not, and never did, like Maya romantically. He just didn't want to hurt her. Maya never liked Lucas either and she says as much plain as day. We know why she poured something on him. It's final. I feel for the shippers too because it was kind of sneaky given how the storyline was constructed but I don't think they tried to mislead the Lucas/Maya shippers as much as they wanted to have a nice twist to show how much Maya loves Riley.

This doesn't mean that Riley and Lucas are endgame or even staying together past a few episodes. Who knows what's going to happen to them even if it's clear they truly like each other.

I also don't think it means Riley and Farkle are ruled out either, they very well could find each other later on. But I honestly think Lucas and Maya are never happening romantically. Seriously, it couldn't have been more clear. Plus, Maya even makes it clear she'd never take anything of Riley's in general and this was after she clearly stated she doesn't like Lucas romantically. So it's not even in the make up of the friendship for Maya to miraculously, down the line, suddenly have feelings for Lucas romantically, let alone actually act on them. The most important relationship of the series is Riley/Maya and she'd never do that to Riley, ever. Not that this would ever happen because Maya clearly stated, 100% she doesn't like Lucas romantically and never did. He's not her type and I've been saying this forever, too, lol. That's the very reason why I never bought into Lucas and Maya. I could never be convinced Maya would find Lucas attractive in that way.

Triangle or fake triangle that never was is over.

I'd bet money Maya and Josh are endgame in the future but until then, Maya will date around and she should! I bet that's what the showrunner meant when he said another couple comes out of this... Maya, while "someday" will be with Josh, is single now and she'll probably date someone else for the time being.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:10 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ღMitra (View Post)
Secret Life was a slap in the face. I think after that awful of a show I lost a biggg amount of faith in writers of shows in general. Because I know for a fact that as a teenager I got to them and they listened to me and other shippers. And that's just not right. A story should be written without the influence of any shippers.
Still am in awe over how awful that show turned out to be. I feel like that and That 70s Show gave me ptsd when it came to shipping .

So I get that the writers tried to show Maya was into Lucas because she wanted to make sure he was good enough for Riley as some form of her being this amazing friend, but I'm sorry that's so freaking messed up. I don't see how Riley (and Lucas) weren't more upset about this tbh. Maya had good intentions sure, but she also screwed with her friends (unintentionally I guess) and caused unnecessary drama. I could understand her realizing she didn't care about Lucas as more than a friend, but to make it that she subconsciously drove a wedge between all 3 of them to test Lucas somehow makes her seem like a really crappy friend.