Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2007, 01:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzded (View Post)
Thanks for the review Katie.

I still haven't talked to Hubby about watching that movie with me. He hates watching chick flicks and this one screams of a chick flick.
There were men in the audience and I swear that they liked it. Probably more because of the little dresses Mandy and Lauren wore... but yeah, it totally screams chick flick.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

I was wondering if there is going to be a valentine theme episode this year. But considering they air 7.14 that week probably not. It would be interesting though to watch.

KB
Old 02-02-2007, 02:16 PM
Extreme Fan

Podcast up yet? Anything new/interesting/exciting??
and happiness and fate.

icon by Nikole
Old 02-02-2007, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaso (View Post)
I was wondering if there is going to be a valentine theme episode this year. But considering they air 7.14 that week probably not. It would be interesting though to watch.
Wow how things change in a year, last VD (sounds like a sexual disease, maybe it is ) Lorelai was happy with Luke for the most part. Now she's headed for divorce! I really hope they do a good job of covering that and the impact on Rory and others and don't just make it about Lorelai. Didn't we have a spoiler that she's not gonna get away scott free this time, what does that mean?

BTW - I forgot what day it was, the Podcast should be here NOW, I don't know where it is!
Old 02-02-2007, 02:26 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
Wow how things change in a year, last VD (sounds like a sexual disease, maybe it is ) Lorelai was happy with Luke for the most part. Now she's headed for divorce! I really hope they do a good job of covering that and the impact on Rory and others and don't just make it about Lorelai. Didn't we have a spoiler that she's not gonna get away scott free this time, what does that mean?

BTW - I forgot what day it was, the Podcast should be here NOW, I don't know where it is!
No kidding about how much has changed in a year... I'm guessing with the TL that it's not really VD in Stars Hollow yet, but if it is, that episode sounds about as opposite as a VD epi can get. heh... at least it's a step in the right direction...

I remember hearing something like that, I wonder what it means too...
and happiness and fate.

icon by Nikole
Old 02-02-2007, 02:30 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by juststandingstill (View Post)
I remember hearing something like that, I wonder what it means too...
Maybe she and Rory will have a big falling out about the divorce? Or...maybe it just means that a lot of lives will be hurt/changed. I mean, poor Gigi I don't know...but anyone who initiates a divorce doesn't get off easy...
Old 02-02-2007, 02:34 PM
Addicted Fan

podcast must be on its way, it says it's there but won't dl yet.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

"Poor Gigi" that she loses her own mother and now Lorelai.

I mean i'm all for LL but that just randomly crossed my mind when I thought of the CL breakup.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:41 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara Ashley (View Post)
Maybe she and Rory will have a big falling out about the divorce? Or...maybe it just means that a lot of lives will be hurt/changed. I mean, poor Gigi I don't know...but anyone who initiates a divorce doesn't get off easy...
Or maybe the repercussions of ending a marriage simply run deeper than ending a relationship... I don't know, it's probably not something to really worry about. Hopefully it just means Lorelai has some realizations about herself and she takes them to heart.
I really don't think she and Rory will have a big falling out though... at least I really hope not. I think Rory will have a similar "epiphany" about Chris, at least to the point that she understands her mother's decision to end the marriage. She will see how his lack of presence rips Lorelai apart at the hospital. I'm hoping she supports the decision, or at least just doesn't get mad. We will see... only three more weeks!!
and happiness and fate.

icon by Nikole
Old 02-02-2007, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know who it would be harder on Gigi or Rory, Gigi is young and not as invested, kids bounce back and move on. But Rory has to some extent wanted a "real family" for 20 years and this time thought she had it, hope she took lots of photo's. I doubt any fall out will be long term since we have a spoiler of them looking happy in SH in ep 16.

I'm also waiting on Emily's reaction, I think she will be surprised but not shocked, she might had seen it coming.

I wonder when Richard will find out.

Also I'm dyeing to see Luke's reaction to the happy new, free coffee for all at the diner

Last edited by lancer1993; 02-02-2007 at 03:01 PM
Old 02-02-2007, 02:54 PM
Ultimate Fan

This time it's not only her. It is going to hurt Rory and Gigi. Her parents are not going to be thrilled that she put the dark spot once again over their family. First getting pregnant with 16 and now she will be a divorcée - well lets see about that first. Maybe they don't need to go through a divorce but I kind of doubt that. It will hurt her that she wasn't able to make another relationship work. She lost Luke - not only as her fiancé and future husband but also as her best friend. She has to pick up so many broken glasses and try to figure out how to put them back together.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:55 PM
Loyal Fan

I've read so many reviews of BISS that really didn't like the film or that it was just okay. But, I think think it will have a big audience - probably mostly women/girls - cause it does seem like that type of film - one review I read said that the only good thing in it was LG. I hope it does well for all of them.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:02 PM
Addicted Fan

I'm supposed to go see BiSS with a friend sometime this weekend but since she's not sure when she'll be available and I have the Super Bowl on Sunday(Go Bears!), I'm tempted to go tonight by myself and then again whenever she's available.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmorrow (View Post)
I've read so many reviews of BISS that really didn't like the film or that it was just okay. But, I think think it will have a big audience - probably mostly women/girls - cause it does seem like that type of film - one review I read said that the only good thing in it was LG. I hope it does well for all of them.
My local paper is usually very mean with reviews and rarely gives movies anything above 2 stars, but it gave BISS 3 stars. And the movie was really enjoyable and funny. It was a click flick, a little cliche, but very funny and didn't drag and kept moving. And it had LG. What's not to like?
Old 02-02-2007, 03:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappuccino (View Post)
This time it's not only her. It is going to hurt Rory and Gigi. Her parents are not going to be thrilled that she put the dark spot once again over their family. First getting pregnant with 16 and now she will be a divorcée - well lets see about that first. Maybe they don't need to go through a divorce but I kind of doubt that. It will hurt her that she wasn't able to make another relationship work. She lost Luke - not only as her fiancé and future husband but also as her best friend. She has to pick up so many broken glasses and try to figure out how to put them back together.
I understand that Rory will be upset, but watching the old seasons, it seems she is going to be more upset that her mom got married than divorced. It really seemed that Rory sees it coming down the road, being mad at Lorelai for not having the wedding with her, knowing that she could have talked her mom out of it, the "you don't have to make it Christmas illiusion" comment while they are walking down the street. I think she will have strong words for her mom, but once again I think she sees that her dad just "bails" and that is who he is.

I really think Rory isn't buying the happy family as much as she might want it. And when Christopher does not show up at the hospital, I think it plays into who he is and she has come to expect this.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread