Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2006, 12:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

blaab, i LOVE your avie! very cute!
Old 08-25-2006, 12:19 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks Gen.

They all sound like a bunch of wankers! And Bobby seems like a hoity-toity British beyatch straight out of Central Casting.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Condie (View Post)
I have a bit of trouble with the concept of Luke having parental rights when he was absent from April's life for 12 years. A woman who finds out she's pregnant is allowed to go ahead and have the baby on her own. She is allowed to make decisions about her own body and her own child and her own life.
Can you be held accountable for missing something you never knew about? I agree that she had the right to have the baby on her own and to make her own decisions, but I am pretty sure that the courts would not agree with you, that Luke didn't have to know. A co-worker of a friend deliberately got herself pregnant through a one night stand. (Like she charted her ovulation and then went and picked up a guy on the best day.) Sure enough, it worked. Sadly for her plan, she ran into the dude about 11 months later. He could count and demanded a paternity test. She now has to share "her" kid with the dad. And she only intended to get a free sperm donor. (That was a RL experience, just for Jason. )
Old 08-25-2006, 12:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

Well, I am just happy that we will get to see Rory and Logan together. Although I am sure there will be some jealousy Issues to deal with after reading them. And yeah Bobbie is a woman

Thanks Sherri-Berrie!
Old 08-25-2006, 12:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for the sides, gen!

Haden-freude: pleasure taken from the misfortune of you-know-who
Old 08-25-2006, 12:24 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney6 (View Post)
I think the idea of Luke "making it legal" will be downplayed. Although he has a tendency to handle his dealings based on a handshake and therefore SHOULD pursue a more aggressive legal standing, I assume this SL is about reaching a comfort level for L/A/A. I think Luke will be questioning why Anna excluded him when he has all the potential in the world and Lorelai kept the door open for schmucko.

ETA And no Lorelai is NOT Anna but she did "keep" Rory from R/E essentially and I think that will also be explored this season.
I don't believe there will be any "courtroom drama" but I still think that Luke is going to pursue his legal rights. Anna will probably get on his last nerve, after trying really hard to kiss her ass and he might explode.

Quote:
Then let's say that you never complain about it again.
Let's say we ALL agree to refrain from doing that....and then sit back and see how long that lasts lol.

avi by go clo
Old 08-25-2006, 12:24 PM
Master Fan

Wonderful. Looks like they're going down the "jealously" sl with RL. Magnificent. Might as well.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:26 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsher (View Post)
Wonderful. Looks like they're going down the "jealously" sl with RL. Magnificent. Might as well.

They must be some pretty crappy sides cos my browser window keeps shutting down everytime I try to open Adobe.

Can anyone summerize?

avi by go clo
Old 08-25-2006, 12:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaobella (View Post)
I don't believe there will be any "courtroom drama" but I still think that Luke is going to pursue his legal rights. Anna will probably get on his last nerve, after trying really hard to kiss her ass and he might explode.

Let's say we ALL agree to refrain from doing that....and then sit back and see how long that lasts lol.
It has never bothered me. I just noticed you doing so when it's something you have so vehemently complained about in the past.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Anna will probably get on his last nerve, after trying really hard to kiss her ass and he might explode.
Interesting visual there, bella

I do hope Luke makes it legal. I know Luke's a handshake kind of guy, but this is not the person whose word he can take on faith. Anna could decide to move across country next week and then where would he be?

ETA:
Quote:
Jealous of the woman and his work. Not very original at all.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:28 PM
Total Fan

So there you go. Round 1. As speculated, jealous Rory, feeling as if she doesn't fit into Logan's new circle of co-workers/friends.

Ciaobella, Logan & Rory meet up with Bobby, Nick and Phillip in a restaurant, which is a surprise to Rory since she thought they'd be having dinner alone. The other surprise is finding out Bobby is a 'she'. Rory ends up squashed between Logan and Bobby and sits there while the 4 muskateers rehash the details of a work-related victory that morning, and she's clearly on the outside looking in.

Last edited by Bootie; 08-25-2006 at 12:35 PM
Old 08-25-2006, 12:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaobella (View Post)
They must be some pretty crappy sides cos my browser window keeps shutting down everytime I try to open Adobe.

Can anyone summerize?
I think Rory is in London. Thinks she's going to dinner with just Logan but instead it's with his "team" who are celebrating closing a deal. Rory feels like an outsider since they're talking shop. Seems as if Bobby is being a bitch to Rory in that sweetly condescending way.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:31 PM
Master Fan

To me it looks like Rory is going to feel like she and Logan might not be on the same level anymore. Perhaps drifting? Discovering new and different things?

I can already feel the awkwardness of that scene too. Fun times.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:32 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Condie (View Post)
Oh, right. I forgot. Anna interferes with the OTP so she's a **** and should have her child taken away from her.
I don't recall anyone saying Luke should take April from Anna. Establishing your legal rights as regarding your parenthood isn't taking a child away from its mother. Chris had legal rights all these years and never tried to take Rory from Lorelai.

You might want to actually consult some basic family law before giving opinions that have little basis in facts.

for London visiting!

Thanks for the thread and sides Gen.

ETA ~ And nothing I didn't expect. Knew there would be growing pains.

Last edited by lemon tart; 08-25-2006 at 12:45 PM
Old 08-25-2006, 12:36 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsher (View Post)
I think Rory is in London. Thinks she's going to dinner with just Logan but instead it's with his "team" who are celebrating closing a deal. Rory feels like an outsider since they're talking shop. Seems as if Bobby is being a bitch to Rory in that sweetly condescending way.
Ok thanks. Seems like DR is pursing an organic obstacle here - some realistic concerns involved in a long distance relationship. Part of their growth process, especially if these two are headed for careers that may put them on different continents.

avi by go clo
Closed Thread   Post New Thread