Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2004, 03:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

is there any other news on dean's return? besides the construction with rory part?
Old 01-30-2004, 12:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by rjpjhhjsmsb:
<STRONG>is there any other news on dean's return? besides the construction with rory part?</STRONG>
No.

Thanks for the spoilers Curly! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Got your email...s'all good. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I'm happy Trix is dead (guess I am evil elduccia,lol)...okay, happy isn't the right word, it's sad she dies. I liked the dynamic she brought out of Richard and Emily, but I think she might have an even greater effect on the Gilmore family after her passing. I hope they squeeze this story dry for drama and don't go for funeral humor. There's precedent.

Well except for the possibility of Rory hitting on her (maybe) relative. That's frickin funny. I'm thinking her response to Jess is "too little too late" if she's all flirty with some other guy.

Luke yelling at someone...that's new. I hope it's Nicole.
Old 01-30-2004, 01:33 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Luke yelling at someone...that's new. I hope it's Nicole.
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] And it better be Nicole! I can see that happening. Luke is treating Nicole pretty badly with his commitment phobias.. I can see Nicole being at the end of her rope and confronting him. Not that I feel all that sorry for Nicole, she is half of this bogus marriage.

Yes, drama is good. Although I'm still wondering what the reason is to killing Trix off. There has to be some significant story arc they're aiming at to kill of a member of the Gilmore family.

Though Rory flirting with a maybe relative is funny! She should know better.. she's at a family funeral!

junkie | LG fanlisting | My babies | Life's a Bitch

The Seeress of the High Desert
Old 01-30-2004, 03:19 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~Kitty:

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] And it better be Nicole!
oh, Kitty...u know how much I agree with u. I just can't wait to see this ridiculous marriage over...
I don't even mind if Luke should start dating someone else before he end up with Lorelai or just being single again, as long as we get rid of nasty Nicole! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by ~Kitty:
Though Rory flirting with a maybe relative is funny! She should know better.. she's at a family funeral!
Yes but Rory hasn't got great flirting skills: after all, she has alwasy been committed to stable relatioships since she was 16. So far, execpt her ridiculous first date at Yale, she hasn't had that great of an experience...

Anyway the fact that she is flirting probably means she won't give Jess a second chance. I'd love to see them together but I can't in any way blame her for choosing to move on and see what's outthere in the world.
[ 01-30-2004: Message edited elduccia ]

Wilson: No, you're not afraid of authority, you're afraid she actually is right for you. You're afraid to take a chance, because it's too big a chance. If it doesn't work with her, then maybe there's no one out there.
Old 01-30-2004, 03:23 AM
Passionate Fan

Yes, Alexis, u are evil, and that's how we like u to be... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Wilson: No, you're not afraid of authority, you're afraid she actually is right for you. You're afraid to take a chance, because it's too big a chance. If it doesn't work with her, then maybe there's no one out there.
Old 01-30-2004, 07:14 AM
Total Fan

I so hope that fight is with Nasty Nicole. I hope she reads him the riot act. At least we'd finally see some emotion from her! But mostly I just want her out of his life.

As for killing off Trix....I think it will be interesting. The Gilmores have never had much tragedy in their lives. Richard went to the hospital, but they didn't make it serious. We should get some real emotiom...maybe Lorelai realizing her parents won't be around for ever also.

Maybe some Jason and Lorelai....or Luke and Lorelai..

We'll see if the comedy writers or the drama writers are at work that episode.
Old 01-30-2004, 10:31 AM
Passionate Fan

I

AM

AN OFFICIAL

WORSHIPPER

OF

EPISODE 4.11

[img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img]

Old 01-30-2004, 11:11 AM
Total Fan

I knew you would be. Join the club. Flashback to Season One, huh??

Hope the writers keep it up. Luke and Lorelai....ahhh!

Now we have to deal with Nicole and Jason.
Old 01-30-2004, 11:24 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~~ CherylS ~~:
<STRONG>I knew you would be. Join the club. Flashback to Season One, huh??

Hope the writers keep it up. Luke and Lorelai....ahhh!

Now we have to deal with Nicole and Jason.</STRONG>
Yes, exactly: falshback to Season One, definitely! God, it had been ages since we had some good Lorelai/Luke scenes.
In the church scene she was soooooo close to tell him!
And even if she wasn't close to speak, I am 100% sure that for the first time she saw her feeling for Luke under a different light.

I do hope the writers keep it up! Next episodes are written by Daniel and ASP, and so far my fav eps were always written by ASP!

Now that "Now we have to deal with Nicole and Jason" declaration of yours sounds quite scary...
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I won't tell u how strongly I am supporting the hypothesis that the argument at Luke's flat is between him and Nicole...
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 01-30-2004, 12:14 PM
Total Fan

I hope that battle is betweem Luke and Nicole too. This stupid marriage has to be dealt with. Luke doesn't want her....if he did he would be with her.

Lorelai is just now facing her feelings.....I still don't think she knows what she wants. But I think the farther it goes with Jason, the more she will know he isn't the one. Too much like the life she ran away from and he is sort of a cold person. You can say Luke is gruff and grumpy but he is a warm person.
(Especially around Lorelai and Rory.) Compare Luke's apartment to Lorelai's house~~pretty much the same. Jason's place, cold and sprase.

I'm still thinking the fight might be with Jess. But I hope that is so wrong!!!

We need Nicole or Luke to finally take a step to rectify their mistake.
Old 01-30-2004, 01:46 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Richard went to the hospital, but they didn't make it serious. We should get some real emotiom...maybe Lorelai realizing her parents won't be around for ever also.
I beg to differ. I thought Forgiveness and Stuff was full of real emotion and seriousness. And Lorelai definitely, definitely realized her parent's won't be around forever in the moment that she was staring at Richard as he laid helpless in his hospital bed. There were tears, laughs, sadness, anger... probably one of the most emotional episodes ever.

[img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Sorry, I just completely love that episode.
"...with Mardi Gras I kinda have a problem cause you see, I dont like to be topless no dont give it away for free...I guess thats just me. Oh Ellen I don't wanna show my melons just for a string of beads!" - Lauren Graham singing and playing piano on The Ellen Show
Old 01-30-2004, 02:27 PM
Total Fan

One of my very favorites too!!

I just meant that no real tragedy has happened to them. No one died, no one lost any one really close.
That episode was wonderful and heartfelt. But the ultimate result was not a major tragedy. I'm not trying to compare the emotions of a particular episode. That one was full of them, expecially the uncertainly of the situation. But this one is dealing with death, a certainly.

This death hits really close...a parent, a grandmother, someone with the same name....

And all the participants are a few years older now, and that really makes a difference.

[ 01-30-2004: Message edited ~~ CherylS ~~ ]
Old 01-30-2004, 08:56 PM
New Fan

Lorelai Gilmore II built up barricades, walls, around her and Rory so that she could avoid emotional and other interference, from her parents and others, including most notably any man (who would take from her emotional energy she wanted to invest in Rory) for eighteen years. She had to cut herself, her personal life, off from the world around her so that she could work her way up the ladder at the Inn while caring for Rory 24/7. She really did have to do that. There was no other way for her to accomplish her goal; it demanded complete single-minded devotion, with only harmless diversions like music and trivia and old movies (and, I think, more reading than she likes to let on to) -- nothing that would really get into her psyche. And particularly nothing that would let her parents back into her and Rory's life.

But the facade cracks every now and again. One of the most moving scenes in the whole series is in "Rory's Dance," when Rory's gone off with Dean to the dance, and Emily and Lorelai, with Lorelai's spasmed back keeping her immobilized on the couch. And Emily allows as how Lorelai did a good job with Rory's dress. "And with Rory." And then after Lorelai takes the muscle relaxants and is drifting off to sleep -- Emily smooths her hair down as parents do with their ten-year-old girls (and boys), and sleepy Lorelai, defenses down, murmers "Thank you, Mommy." Mommy. That didn't come from someone who harbors hate in her heart, nor did Emily's touch.

Richard lets her get away out the window to end the Fix-Up from Hell that Emily has arranged in another episode. He can empathize, to an extent, with her.

And I also think "Forgiveness and Stuff" showed an extremely emotional interchange between Lorelai and her parents, particularly Richard, and one that went on for quite a while. Lorelai's reluctance to enter Richard's room, her seeking coffee, wandering around the hospital, avoidance of the reality of the situation, all that was part of it. She didn't want to admit that she cared so much for him, didn't want to allow as how he was mortal after all. Didn't want, above all else, to be forced to confront the way she'd behaved toward him (and Emily) for the previous sixteen or so years, which she'd have to do if he were dying. But, notwithstanding, she does finally screw up her courage to go into the hospital room, and the silent look between them says more than a thousand words ever could have. And then everyone bustles in just as she's about to speak, and the news is good and the immensity of the moment fades. But the moment itself remains etched in the memories of all, and we know that inside the walls there is feeling and caring, if only it could get out.

Now the walls are crumbling. They're not needed any more -- Rory's in Yale, apparently surviving adequately if not spectacularly, the new Inn is apparently getting close to completion (if it's taking lunch reservations for after it opens), and Lorelai is getting pushed by circumstances to come to understand her own feelings -- although she still doesn't want to. She still prefers the walls, the safe space she had created -- but Luke isn't (good for him!) content to vegetate while she drifts.

I think the loss of Trix (see, there was an on-topic point to this somewhere) will make it even harder to keep the already shaky walls in place. It will be another reminder of the mortality of her parents, and even of her own. Another reminder that life is there to be lived, not observed and mocked only. And in order to live life, she will have to come to terms with the last eighteen years (and even, to some extent, with her childhood). So I think that Trix's death could be, if the writers and Amy choose to play it that way, really important in the development of what I've always felt the multi-season overall story arc of Gilmore Girls.

Or they could trivialize it. We'll see.
Old 01-30-2004, 10:43 PM
Master Fan

Tuesday, Feb 17 - (8:00 - 9:00 pm ET)
The Incredible Sinking Lorelais TV-PG, D, S
DEAN COMFORTS RORY, LUKE COMFORTS LORELAI, RICHARD BLOWS UP AT HIS MOTHER –— Although she is completely exhausted by her heavy workload at Yale, Rory (Alexis Bledel) is still horrified when a professor suggests she drop a class, and she confesses her self-doubt to her former boyfriend Dean (Jared Padalecki), who is working in the construction crew at the Dragonfly Inn. Meanwhile, frustrated because she can never get Rory on the phone and by the nonstop work involved in getting the Dragonfly ready to open, Lorelai (Lauren Graham) first accuses Sookie (Melissa McCarthy) of not pulling her weight, then turns to Luke (Scott Patterson) for help and advice. Finally, Richard (Edward Herrmann) is infuriated when he and Lorelai both get a taste of the nastiness that Gran (guest-star Marion Ross) usually reserves for Emily (Kelly Bishop).
Old 01-30-2004, 11:07 PM
Master Fan

Thanks nerble. So, now we know that Jared's first episode back is 14 not 15. I'm trying to figure out when he and Rory talk in 14. This is supposedly the episode where Lorelai and Rory basically have no contact except through a lot of phone messages, so I wonder if she sees him at the Dragonfly or not.

Like some of us speculated, Trix is in this episode. I wonder if we find out she is sick and then she dies in episode 16.

What is Jess's last episode? That is a mystery.

I've been wondering about Lane's living situation. We were all disappointed about her not living with Lorelai more than a few days, but I wonder if it is Lorelai who decides that it wouldn't be a good idea. After all, she was not happy about Lane lying to her mother and sneaking out of the house. We know that Lorelai respects Mrs. Kim somewhat, so maybe she doesn't feel like it would be the best thing.

Is it just me, or does it seem like there are a hundred plotlines in every episode?

FYI: Amy and Daniel wrote episode 14.

[ 01-30-2004: Message edited curlyhead ]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread