Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2016, 09:12 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
I don't want to see Christopher and Rory either, lol. He doesn't deserve anything from her. Luke was always more her parent than he ever managed to be.
I mean, I completely agree with that. I always get so angry when I think about Chris basically abandoned Rory. Luke was totally her father figure and I think Rory openly would admit that. But I do think it makes sense for them to have scenes because he was such a big part of the series and it would feel weird, for me at least, if he just was gone.

3 episodes of Milo Wooooo.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)
I mean, I completely agree with that. I always get so angry when I think about Chris basically abandoned Rory. Luke was totally her father figure and I think Rory openly would admit that. But I do think it makes sense for them to have scenes because he was such a big part of the series and it would feel weird, for me at least, if he just was gone.

see the onky thing that makes sense is for her to be aloof to chris, but rory is a people pleaser its the reason why her cracking at the end of s5 didn't shock me. she tends to live so much for others. her still being cool with daddy imo is regression rather she treated him as that person she puts up with on holidays..
Old 02-11-2016, 09:36 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
see the onky thing that makes sense is for her to be aloof to chris, but rory is a people pleaser its the reason why her cracking at the end of s5 didn't shock me. she tends to live so much for others. her still being cool with daddy imo is regression rather she treated him as that person she puts up with on holidays..
While Chris was not a good father to Rory, I wouldn't wish Rory a life of anger and bitterness towards her Father for the rest of her life. I would want her to make the best of it My situation in real life is similar, but not completely, and I would just rather her make the best of it. Keep a distance, but enjoy what you can of the other person Life is too short.

That's just me though. I know people will have very different opinions on Chris.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
While Chris was not a good father to Rory, I wouldn't wish Rory a life of anger and bitterness towards her Father for the rest of her life. I would want her to make the best of it My situation in real life is similar, but not completely, and I would just rather her make the best of it. Keep a distance, but enjoy what you can of the other person Life is too short.

That's just me though. I know people will have very different opinions on Chris.
I don't want her to be angry. But, I think she should just keep her distance and see him on those occassions dotted out for family. I just can't see her being close to him when he's never even bothered to apologize to her for being a crappy father. It just makes no sense for her to try to continue to build a bond with a man who only ever cared about using her as a way to get into her mothers panties.
Old 02-11-2016, 10:24 AM
Loyal Fan

Chris was the freaking worst really.

So 3 episodes with jess surprises me. I kinda expected one episode per ex-boyfirend. Is Jess living in Sars Hollow now? Otherwise Rory will spend a large amount of time in Philadelphia.
Old 02-11-2016, 10:25 AM
Loyal Fan

Old 02-11-2016, 10:45 AM
Elite Fan

Yassss, Paris SO happy she's back.

Quote:
I don't want her to be angry. But, I think she should just keep her distance and see him on those occassions dotted out for family. I just can't see her being close to him when he's never even bothered to apologize to her for being a crappy father. It just makes no sense for her to try to continue to build a bond with a man who only ever cared about using her as a way to get into her mothers panties.
'

Yeah I agree. I just don't want Rory to be bitter and hold a grudge. I do think she realizes that he is beyond flakey and selfish and can't ultimately be trusted. The way he would walk in and out of her life frustrates me to no end. Her knowing this will definitely factor into her relationship with him, I think.
Old 02-11-2016, 11:21 AM
Master Fan

Danny Strong Heading Back to Stars Hollow
Old 02-11-2016, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Quote:
so happy!!!
Old 02-11-2016, 12:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT!

Changed the title a little to note thread # and please add a link to the board guide to keep the list current.

Thanks.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by daritah (View Post)
Hell yeah! It was a given what with Liza and Paris's kids but still! Very happy. The man's incredibly busy with Empire, I'm so happy they got him back!

Harry Potter ~ The Lord of the Rings ~ Costume Dramas ~ Disney ~
Old 02-11-2016, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

The reason I wanted no Christopher is because I'd rather Rory have a civil discourse with him from afar. It's frustrating, the way he wanders in and out of her life at will (usually when he wants something from Lorelai), and she's mostly just expected to accept that and more or less pretend like he's her father rather than a glorified sperm donor. I don't want her to be bitter her whole life, but I also don't want her to spend her whole life making room for him when it's convenient for him. Rory has a dad- Luke. She shouldn't have to pretend Chris is something he's not.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)
TFTNT!

Changed the title a little to note thread # and please add a link to the board guide to keep the list current.

Thanks.
Thank you! Link added. Is that new? I used to open new GG spoiler threads back in the day and don't remember adding a link to a board guide.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

so so so stoked for everyone that is returning, but for me, milo is
Old 02-11-2016, 01:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yay dean is back. I hope they give him a happy ending
Closed Thread   Post New Thread