Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2016, 01:12 PM
Elite Fan

So they've been engaged for 8 years? Whaaa
Old 04-08-2016, 02:09 PM
Loyal Fan

I think we'll get to see the wedding. After all they've been through it would make sense if they're still not married - I'm happy as long as they're together and in that pic they look pretty happy so all is good for now

ps. If you wanted the scans from the magazine here you go ( credit )

( HERE all the scans in HQ )
Old 04-08-2016, 02:35 PM
Master Fan

Thanks!! Great article....yeah i think the wedding is theirs....
Old 04-08-2016, 02:36 PM
Loyal Fan

thanks for the scans!

I'm a little worried tbh about what LG and AB say about the final episode not feeling final at all ...but this is how Amy wanted to end the original show so, and how she dismiss S7 idk ...it gives me the feeling this will be just her version of S7, only 8 years later.
Old 04-08-2016, 02:52 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frattaglia (View Post)
thanks for the scans!

I'm a little worried tbh about what LG and AB say about the final episode not feeling final at all ...but this is how Amy wanted to end the original show so, and how she dismiss S7 idk ...it gives me the feeling this will be just her version of S7, only 8 years later.

That's exactly how I came away from it too, that ASP would just write her own version of season 7. But, then again, I don't trust her much at all because of season 6. So, I enter this revival with gladness that there's a revival but low expectation because I don't know if she really cares what the fans want.
Old 04-08-2016, 03:10 PM
hso
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by neversimple2 (View Post)
Also, no I don't think Rory is a teacher. I definitely think it's some sort of career day. This will bring Rory and Paris back together probably (In Liza's tweet she was at Chilton). Paris will probably speak about how happy she is as a doctor/lawyer and Rory will realize how lost she is in her career. And then Jess is in SH to "push" Rory forward into something career-wise like he did before.

At least for me all of the pieces are coming together on this..
I kind of hope he's not there to only push Rory. I do hope Jess is there to assist Luke in some way. Maybe he's got something to do with Luke and Lorelai finally tying the knot. Something that would really show that he truly cares about Luke and appreciates him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brienna (View Post)
I honestly couldn't tell you when or where she said that, some old interview or comment. Can't give you a source either, but I didn't think it was new information.
Lauren Graham did say in the EW article that she thought it was one person, but it's actually said by two.
The lines you quoted don't necessarily mean that the girls say the same thing seperately. It could, but I don't think it does. "Usher in the credits together" could just mean that they're together in that final scene. And not in unison? It could just be a dialog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysCB (View Post)
so they are engaged
Could be that they get engaged during the revival, it doesn't have to mean that they spent 8 years being engaged.

Quote:
ot feeling final at all ...but this is how Amy wanted to end the original show so, and how she dismiss S7 idk ...it gives me the feeling this will be just her version of S7, only 8 years later.
I too find that... curious. It could be that she had to work around some things to bring the show back to these final words. I don't believe she'd just play out what she planned for season 7 because it's technically not possible. We're 8 years forward from that point. I do believe that the important things will happen - L/L and Rory with whomever, doing whatever. But it is stressful in a way that these words might force the plot to go to a place that isn't natural to the revival or to that point in time.

ETA:
This article also suggests the wedding scene is in Fall. Wasn't it supposed to be in Summer?
Old 04-08-2016, 04:55 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the upload. I went to several stores and no one sells EW. At least not here. I didn't realize it was that hard to find.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:34 PM
Master Fan

No, Fall is the last episode so that makes the most sense.

I don't think this whole series of movies is going to be her vision of S7, I think it's just going to end the same way. Obviously she has to make changes because of Ed's passing, the fact that it's 8 years later, and the fact that she can't (and said she isn't) ignoring what actually happened in S7.
Old 04-08-2016, 08:39 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatB (View Post)
Thanks for the upload. I went to several stores and no one sells EW. At least not here. I didn't realize it was that hard to find.
I went to two Barnes and Nobles and both of them had last week's still. Was it supposed to be on newsstands today or is it just for subscribers on Friday?

SJ ~ Leave the Keys
Yankees...How you doin....How how you doin?
Old 04-08-2016, 11:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan1bsb97 (View Post)
I went to two Barnes and Nobles and both of them had last week's still. Was it supposed to be on newsstands today or is it just for subscribers on Friday?
I was looking for an EW that was out a few weeks ago, and searched all over town. It was nowhere to be found. The only place I've found it is Barnes & Noble. The closest one for me is 30 miles away, but I will make the drive, a GG cover is worth it.

The B&N I go to said they usually get their new magazines a few days late, so a Friday EW would be in the store by Tuesday or Wednesday.
Old 04-09-2016, 12:20 AM
Loyal Fan

I have to say, it really looks like it's netflix and not ASP that decides what goes out to the public and when ... in the article she seems very annoyed with leaks, and I can't believe she'd allow a huge spoiler like L/L being engaged/not married come out ...and EW mentioning a musical, and now Sutton Foster can suddendly talk about her character ...

I think the marketing machine is already starting ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hso (View Post)

ETA:
This article also suggests the wedding scene is in Fall. Wasn't it supposed to be in Summer?
Was just speculation about a summer wedding because of what Michael Winters said ...but he was probably talking about the musical, now that we know about it ...

If the wedding is L/L (which is very likely at this point), I expect it to be in Fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenL (View Post)
That's exactly how I came away from it too, that ASP would just write her own version of season 7. But, then again, I don't trust her much at all because of season 6. So, I enter this revival with gladness that there's a revival but low expectation because I don't know if she really cares what the fans want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hso (View Post)
But it is stressful in a way that these words might force the plot to go to a place that isn't natural to the revival or to that point in time.
yeah, that exaclty what I meant!
...I don't know, I just hope it'll feel like organic storytelling and not what Amy wanted to do but couldn't back in the day.

It's crazy she didn't watch S7, if you ask me. She's not even good with continuity with her own storylines, I just can't imagine ...

And I hope it won't be left too open ended, because gah!

Last edited by Frattaglia; 04-09-2016 at 12:25 AM
Old 04-09-2016, 12:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)
So they've been engaged for 8 years? Whaaa
As long as Luke hasn't kept saying 'My Fiancée' like he did every time he referred to Lorelai, sorry Luke but it was kinda creepy.

Thanks for the EW scans.

ETA - anyone else get the feeling the whole Melissa thing was played up in the media to get more press for the show? And they had planned this weeks or months ago when the news first appeared. I mean seriously it's a phone call, a few minutes on the phone and they could probably work out a deal in her busy schedule.

Last edited by lancer1993; 04-09-2016 at 01:04 AM
Old 04-09-2016, 01:22 AM
hso
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
It's crazy she didn't watch S7, if you ask me. She's not even good with continuity with her own storylines, I just can't imagine ...
Yup. I didn't really want to watch S7 either, but she kind of has to. I bet she holds a crew person with the only role of watching and re-watching season 7 to answer her questions.
Old 04-09-2016, 02:16 AM
Loyal Fan

^it's crazy she wrote the whole thing just going with what someone told her about S7.

also, apparently they were already writing last spring meaning it was in the works when they had the reunion last year ...!!!! ...

Quote:
anyone else get the feeling the whole Melissa thing was played up in the media to get more press for the show?
totally!
I don't believe for a second the news about Melissa coming back and the EW article (with ASP saying she has her part already written) coming out the same day was not intentional. More press for the show/more press for her new movie ....it's a move beneficial to both parts.

Netflix definitely knows how to handle publicity.
Old 04-09-2016, 02:56 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
totally!
I don't believe for a second the news about Melissa coming back and the EW article (with ASP saying she has her part already written) coming out the same day was not intentional. More press for the show/more press for her new movie ....it's a move beneficial to both parts.

Netflix definitely knows how to handle publicity.
OMG, I been thinking exactly the same thing! To me Melissa's reasons, for not being able to do the show, were different everytime. Firstly, she says on twitter, she wasn't ask. Then it was a scheduling issue. Then, she said on Ellen, she would out of the country.

They plotted this all along! Lol

Plus, anyone notice on Ellen, she said, GG was a show, 'that was, near and dear to her heart, for 4 year'. Where was she the other 3! Lol
Closed Thread   Post New Thread