Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2007, 03:14 PM
Master Fan

What To Watch Tuesday 2.06 - Entertainment Weekly

Quote:
Gilmore Girls
Okay, Lorelai, so your man's not by your side while your dad's hospitalized. It's not the end of the world. I mean, it's not like Rory's boyfriend jumped on a helicopter, or anything. Oh...wait.

Quote:
I'm supposed to go see BiSS with a friend sometime this weekend but since she's not sure when she'll be available and I have the Super Bowl on Sunday(Go Bears!), I'm tempted to go tonight by myself and then again whenever she's available.
Hey, that's what I'm doing, lol. I was supposed to go down to her place, but the weather is so gross I'm just going to go by myself and we'll go see it again next weekend.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:20 PM
Addicted Fan

so now i got the podcast... but only the first 10 mins...
Old 02-02-2007, 03:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mots15 (View Post)
What To Watch Tuesday 2.06 - Entertainment Weekly
Thanks for that. I'm not a fan of the snarky descriptions usually, but that's ones really funny.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:31 PM
Addicted Fan

k, MA thinks it was the worst ep of the season, and someone wrote in about Christopher should have known he was the second choice because he slept with her the same night she broke up with LUke and they all agreed that it seemed contrived. They also think that Christopher getting pissed about the letter was stupid because it wasn't a love letter and then him getting mad about drinking Luke's coffee also seemed like a really stupid setup just to have LC fight about something.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:33 PM
Passionate Fan

OT: My boss told me that I could take a longer lunch, but I'm so bored right now. There's nowhere to go and for some reason going shopping sounds unappealing. So here I am at the office, but the phones are too quiet and there's no one at the office. I'll just ask him if I can leave earlier.

Avi by PollyGreen

LJ
Old 02-02-2007, 03:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by juststandingstill (View Post)
Podcast up yet? Anything new/interesting/exciting??
Nothing new. Bringing over my recap (based on a description from a friend since I can never dl the darn thing):

TV Guide Podcast, Friday February 2nd

GG discussion starts at 11:11

MA thought it was terrible, the worst of the season. MA summarized the episode. Angel pointed out that there was a lot of Sookie. Both MA and Angel thought the ep was very forced. MA and Angel thought it was ridiculous that Chris thought it was a love letter. They all thought it was very character-referency. Angel said they were just looking for an excuse to get L/C at odds. MA thought Chris looked very petty. They thought Chris getting mad about the coffee was dumb. MA felt Amy's absence. They noted the lack of pop culture references and the slowness of the plot. Angel liked Sookie and Lorelai together. MA noted that the scene (in the square) was one shot that lasted 10 minutes, and that must have been hard to do. They laughed about MA was finally noticing cinematography. Then they talked a bit about directors.

Letter from "Susie" who agreed with what they said last week about Chris coming off as sleazy, and that he couldn't be mad about being a rebound because of sleeping with her in Partings. They agreed, and Angel pointed out that he pushed for them to get married. There were a couple of letters related to the LG producer news. One was positive and the other was negative. One letter pointed out that Bledel's star will fade post-GG. Podcasters said that didn't matter because she is younger. MA said that the producer credit is only about opening the door to negotiations for next season. MA mentioned his LG interview where she talked about wanting to produce but if she asked, they'd would say how about a season 8.

End 16:02.

Lorelai, about her dog: He's totally fine having his personal freedoms slowly stripped away,
as long as he's completely unaware that it's happening - just like a true American.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:35 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for that with and caf

Well getting mad about it being a love letter is stupid, he should have focused on how absent he was for Rory, but that's just dopey. He doesn't care about the "daughter unit"

Anything about the "there will be progress" he said at the AA?

KB
Old 02-02-2007, 03:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

SPEC - since the Vow party cam up this week and we know it has yet to happen (why the delay?) I'm betting it will come up as one of the things Emily needs to deal with next week in the hospital, I wonder if they have to postpone it then later cancel it all together. So no one gets to see the vows, thank god!

So maybe the never consummated the deal, isn't that grounds for annulment?
Old 02-02-2007, 03:43 PM
Master Fan

I don't get how they could have thought it was the worst of the season. Seriously, so many message boards loved the ep. It didn't get anywhere near the negative comments from fans as eps. 3-10 got, and so many people were saying on tuesday/wednesday that ep. 12 was the first ep that let them see the old GG coming back. I'm just confused by the podcast guys reactions.

And getting upset about Chris being petty and getting upset over Lorelai helping a friend. Isn't that just who Chris has always been? An immature idiot that always wants Lorelai to be just his?
Old 02-02-2007, 03:47 PM
Master Fan

Huh. I disagree with MA. I thought it was probably the best episode of the season. The scenes with Lorelai and other townies and what not was enjoyable. I loved the Sookie/Lorelai stuff. I loved Lorelai and Jackson at the table (holy fast talking!). I loved her with Davey. Luke had major screen time. Rory wasn't hanging off of Logan. Paris was outstanding as usual. It was like old GG. It wasn't just LLC. It wasn't just about LC being LC. There were other storylines and they were funny and entertaining. And we all knew that the LC thing was going to end anyway and there was no way to do it but make it contrived. So yeah.. I liked the episode. Thought it was great. And I've stopped looking for pop culture references. That was obviously Amy's thing and we don't have her anymore. Time to move on.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mots15 (View Post)
Huh. I disagree with MA.
I actually disagree to. He surprised me there - though I do agree slightly about Christopher. Much as I hate his character, they showed only his so-called charming side for a string of episodes, then suddenly it's time for the break up so they bring back his flaws. Which were always there but they wrote it hoping viewers would forget those and enjoy the 'romantic ride'.

I never forgot Christopher's history and neglect and repeated betrayals, etc, so I didn't go along for that ride - same as most people here. But I agree that it was overly manipulative - I thought they should have shown his entire character all along. Heh.

Lorelai, about her dog: He's totally fine having his personal freedoms slowly stripped away,
as long as he's completely unaware that it's happening - just like a true American.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the podcast stuff, DL now.

Well we like it here mainly 'cause we know C&L are done! so it coulds our judgement a little but I still think it was a great ep and the ratings show that it had a rebound from last week.

ETA - of course the whole SL with Chris has been one big set up for rating (which didn't work) and to get L&L into a better place after this frakken journey comes for an end!
Old 02-02-2007, 04:02 PM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks for the podcast information.

They think this week's episode was the worst this season Did they watch 7.03 ? Or the Great Stink ?
Old 02-02-2007, 04:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappuccino (View Post)
Thanks for the podcast information.

They think this week's episode was the worst this season Did they watch 7.03 ? Or the Great Stink ?
Or Go Bulldogs? Or the French Twist?

Ep. 12 is right at the top of my list for this season. Which includes ep. 2, ep. 9, and ep. 11.

I don't understand how people can complain about CL being together and say how they want them over, but then complain about how CL are ending. They're ending, can't the podcast crew just be thankful for that?
Old 02-02-2007, 04:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

I can't understand them either. It was one of the best episodes so far. Of course c/l are ending what did they expect? And when was dopey's behavior any different?

KB
Closed Thread   Post New Thread