Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2011, 07:18 PM
Master Fan

I grew up watching it too but I stopped in the late 90's when it became mob-infested and everything revolved around Sonny/Jason. I only came back for Scrubs and then again dropped it when Lisa just kept winning and winning and winning. :/ GH just sucks. It honestly deserves to be cancelled but it makes me sad to think about the hard-working actors losing their jobs because the writers suck and those in charge only catering to what they wanted to watch, rather the viewers who keep them working. :/

-Hannah
Old 12-03-2011, 07:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

WUBS.NET - Rumors page and http://wubtub.blogspot.com/

Bree Williamson may be coming on as Gina.

She just dyed her hair darker and a couple of weeks ago, asked if brunettes have more fun on twitter, so it may be true. She also just sent her congrats to Brandon Barash on Twitter - Brandon Barash and Natalie Hall are now engaged.

I never watched OLTL, but I've mostly read great things about her acting. She's gorgeous too. +10 for GH if true!

http://twitter.com/#!/breewilliamson...677378/photo/1
Old 12-03-2011, 07:47 PM
Elite Fan

I truly think that's what killed GH all the mob

I hope she is, I love, love Bree she was the only reason i watched OLTL
Old 12-03-2011, 08:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

I might be in the minority, but I love all the mob stuff. It sets it apart from other soaps, and I'm not sure I would have ever been a GH fan without it. It's drives so much of the show.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:31 PM
Master Fan

I hate the mob. It's called GENERAL HOSPITAL, not General Mob or Mobstah USA. The show could balance it. Nothing should dominate a show like the mob does. Back when soaps were brilliant and successful in the 70's through 90's, they had stories A-B on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Stories C and D were on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Fans of all stories got something but on GH? Mob Monday through Friday in practically every segment and sometimes even two and three times. That killed GH. That drove a vast majority of viewers away.

-Hannah
Old 12-03-2011, 08:44 PM
Elite Fan

The Mob on this show is like a broken record no one does anything different. How many times did Sonny/Jason said they would get rid of Anthony, Johnny, Franco but they don't. i hate that.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I could do without so much mob storyline as well. What has gotten me so angry with GH is the killing of the Q's. So many great storylines could of come with having Aj, Emily or even Alan still around.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 12-04-2011, 12:15 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for the news, Korina.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSam4Life (View Post)
The Mob on this show is like a broken record no one does anything different. How many times did Sonny/Jason said they would get rid of Anthony, Johnny, Franco but they don't. i hate that.
Seriously! And they're in the mob! They should actually KILL people. That's what the mob does. Instead they turned Jason and Sonny into two of the biggest pansy mobstahs. It's hard to take them seriously as mobsters, yet we're supposed to believe people are scared of them. :/ Whatever. :/

blueschild007, total word to your post! They got rid of ANYONE who was competition to their beloved mobsters. :/ Can't have anyone more popular and when they can't get rid of them, they destroy them. :/ Like with Luke. Luke, while I have NEVER liked him, is a shell of his former legendary self. All because they can't have anyone competing with Sonny and Jason. They destroyed Luke and Laura. They almost destroyed Scrubs. They pretty much put a torch to the Q's. The only core family left is the Corthinos and they're nowhere near as awesome as the Q's, the Webbers, Scorpios or the Spencers were back in the day.

-Hannah
Old 12-04-2011, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

The mob stuff has really always been boring to me, even under Labine. I loved Sonny in the 90s, but didn't really care about the mob-driven crap- soaps are supposed to be about families and relationships.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:47 PM
Master Fan

Sonny back in the 90's was actually pretty interesting. Sonny now? He sucks.

And what happened to love in the afternoon? Ugh. :/

-Hannah
Old 12-04-2011, 01:34 PM
Elite Fan

ABC and Love got divorced a long time ago. lol ... Jason in the last year alone doesn't even really assiocate with Sonny that much. if i was just tuning in i wouldn't even know he was apart of the mob.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:48 PM
Addicted Fan

IMO GH has zero interesting couples. Lante bore me. JaSam bore me. (don't hate me Jasam4Life. ) Don't even get me started on the dullsville that is Steve and Olivia. The only couple that I sorta like is Scrubs but that is pushing it.

I'm really disappointed that they didn't give us an original LL2 reunion with JJ. That was a huge mistake.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:56 PM
Elite Fan

Of course i'm going to disagree (No hate here though) I think back last year when JaSam biggest SL was when Sam was going to give Jason his coffee was Boring but this SL has been glued to my seat. myself. I do agree Lante bore me, S/O boring and don't have Chemistry Scrubs are good but with Robin dying off that killed the rest of their SL for me.

JJ coming back was a waste, He said in a interview the two reasons he came back. LnL2 and working with Becky, Tyler and Tony again. they gave him nothing so he decided not to even renew. I don't blame him at all. though lucky leaving his boys and going to look bad.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

I was so excited when Robin came back. She was such an important part of Jason's life and she was so important to Sonny. I'm sad at their lack of scenes over the last bunch of years and I better see some epic scenes between the three of them during Robin's last SL!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread