Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2017, 03:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Jon and his reaction to Drogon will be interesting.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

The public knows it was Cersei who blew up the Sept. Hotpot mentioned it to Arya.

Also, I LOLed when he actually said "The Battle of the Bastards". That scene was actually a really interesting little glimpse into what the "common folk" think- Hotpot seemed to be glorifying Jon's alliance with the wildlings, for example.
Old 07-25-2017, 03:17 PM
Elite Fan

And I find it telling how it's in glory of Jon and not that he barely escaped without Sansa/The Knights of the Vale .
Old 07-25-2017, 04:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

The North and the common people value fighters and warriors, so that part's not that surprising- also, it's unlikely that anyone other than a few top people would know they got the Vale because Sansa wrote Littlefinger and he's obsessed with her. Hotpie definitely wouldn't know that.

But that's definitely something Littlefinger should realize, in all his behind the scenes scheming- the people barely know who he is. They won't glorify him. Ned was beloved not necessarily for being a great thinker, but for being an honorable man and a brave soldier. Those qualities ultimately didn't save his life, but he will be remembered for perhaps generations after he's gone. Littlefinger will not be. I've always been a bit baffled by his claim he wants the Iron Throne- who would ever support that, lol?

Last edited by Cristofle; 07-25-2017 at 04:19 PM
Old 07-25-2017, 04:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
The North and the common people value fighters and warriors, so that part's not that surprising- also, it's unlikely that anyone other than a few top people would know they got the Vale because Sansa wrote Littlefinger and he's obsessed with her. Hotpie definitely wouldn't know that.

But that's definitely something Littlefinger should realize, in all his behind the scenes scheming- the people barely know who he is. They won't glorify him. Ned was beloved not necessarily for being a great thinker, but for being an honorable man and a brave soldier. Those qualities ultimately didn't save his life, but he will be remembered for perhaps generations after he's gone. Littlefinger will not be. I've always been a bit baffled by his claim he wants the Iron Throne- who would ever support that, lol?
I think he's more calculating and sneaky. He is pushing for Sansa to take control and then I think he wants to control her, probably through marriage eventually. He thinks he can manipulate her into doing his bidding without realizing it because he's done it so many times. And then when people least expect it they suddenly have him in charge because he's the puppet master. Maybe he convinces Sansa to rally her followers in the North to campaign and fight for her to sit on the Iron Throne and if he's married to her he's King by default. He plays the slow game, but he has laid out a ton of ground work and he thinks if he pulls the right strings he can achieve his goal.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Honestly, I don't see the North ever crowning Sansa Queen. Or Bran King, for that matter. In the first "KITN" scene with Robb, it was made pretty clear the North will overlook blood succession rules for what they see as the most admirable qualities. Ned's blood certainly matters, but so do warriors. I'd actually see them crowning Arya before Bran or Sansa, if they ever learn she wiped out the Freys. So Littlefinger appears to have hitched this to someone who: isn't likely to get near the Iron Throne at this point, and may not really WANT the Iron Throne (other than the one "pretty picture" comment she made to Littlefinger, I haven't seen Sansa actually desire anything other than being in the North for a long time). Granted, that may be the point- Littlefinger's obsession with Catelyn, which he has now placed onto Sansa, has blinded him to her not exactly being the best fit for his ambitions.
Old 07-25-2017, 06:27 PM
Loyal Fan

I think that at the point of the story, when Bran and Arya return to Winterfell, Littlefinger's ambitions will grow more and more distant to come true, because no matter how hard he tries to put Sansa against the brothers, she knows behind his every action, is his desire to come to power and she does not want it (so much that she tells Brienne at the start of the season that he's only there because the debt for him helped in the fight against the Boltons) and she knows he he wants her as a woman, which she does not want either, and I believe that what she least thinks at the moment is to find some man to marry (she went through this situation twice, against her will, just to survive).

At the moment what Sansa wants is to feel safe, at home, surrounded by people she can trust and who like her, Bran and Arya may even look different when she meets them again, but they are the only family; as well as Jon, who have survived it and I believe that both Bran and Arya will feel it too.

Then it will be strange for the 3 to meet so many years later, with so many differences, but in the end what will prevail is the sense of family and to preserve this family, this is what will make Littlefinger and his ambitions find their end.

The Rogue Prince

Last edited by Clarice83; 07-25-2017 at 08:33 PM
Old 07-26-2017, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the discussions.
Old 07-26-2017, 07:05 PM
Elite Fan

They can all still act like siblings even if Jon is really their cousin. They're all Starks. They're family.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:03 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
They can all still act like siblings even if Jon is really their cousin. They're all Starks. They're family.
Agreed. They grew up thinking him as a sibling. Even if he was separate due to Catelyn he was still thought of as a sibling and even with his true parentage being revealed that won't change.
Old 07-27-2017, 05:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Oh, I think at this point, Jon will always be their brother. He IS their brother, whatever DNA says. Arya, at least in the books, was always closer to Jon than anyone other than Ned- I can't imagine she'd ever think of him as anything other than a brother. Or Bran, or Sansa at this point in the show.

I don't know how much time Jon will have to face his true parentage, but certainly on the show, Jon is an adult. He's always thought of himself as Ned Stark's son, and that's always been important to him. I think it will be difficult to him to really be attached to Rhaegar as his father- Ned is the one who raised him and loved him and sacrificed for him.
Old 07-27-2017, 11:20 AM
Elite Fan

He's legit if his mother and father were married. He could be king of more than just the north.

From bastard, to steward, to lord commander, to king. Quite the success story.
Old 07-27-2017, 11:37 AM
Elite Fan

He's not that ambitious or power hungry. I think he would have been happy to be considered a Stark.
Old 07-27-2017, 11:41 AM
Elite Fan

Sometimes the only way to save the world is to take charge of it.
Old 07-27-2017, 11:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I don't think Jon has ANY desire to be on the Iron Throne, lol. Jon considers the North to be his home.

The only way I think Jon would make any claim on the throne is if he felt like it would help his people, but when the White Walkers attack full force, does it even matter anymore?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread