Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2014, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Galavant S&S #1 - A long time ago there lived a gallant knight and his name was Galavant.

X

January 3, 2016 On ABC

Dan Fogelman (Crazy, Stupid, Love; Tangled; Cars) teams up with Broadway and Hollywood’s award-winning musical team — composer Alan Menken (The Little Mermaid; Beauty and the Beast) and lyricist Glenn Slater (The Little Mermaid; Tangled) — for a musical comedy fairytale of epic proportions.

Once upon a time, the dashing hero Galavant (Joshua Sasse) was a slayer of dragons, protector of the innocent, and defender of the less fortunate. But one day, the evil King Richard (Timothy Omundson) fell for Galavant’s ladylove Madalena and kidnapped her. On Madalena and King Richard’s wedding day, Galavant courageously fought his way back to the palace to rescue his love. And while this is where most fairytales end happily ever after, it’s where the tale of GALAVANT truly begins. Madalena stuns Galavant when she announces that she chooses fame, fortune, and the crown over Galavant and breaks his heart.

Five years later we rejoin Galavant, heartbroken and drowning his sorrows in drink. Having given up on heroics, he’s a bit out of shape and flat broke. But his faithful squire Sid sees a momentous opportunity when Princess Isabella of Valencia arrives in search of “The Great Galavant.” She asks him to save her kingdom from its evil invader… none other than King Richard himself. Galavant must get back in the saddle, literally and figuratively, to take revenge on his nemesis, win back Madalena, and restore his “happily ever after.” But our fallen hero doesn’t realize that Isabella might not be revealing the whole story…

Our hero’s quest for redemption will have many twists and turns along the way. And as one of the songs from Menken and Slater proclaims: “Huzzah And Tally-Ho! Sit Back And Here We Go!”

CAST LISTING - Joshua Sasse, Karen David, Timothy Omundson, Vinnie Jones, Mallory Jansen, Luke Youngblood

CREDITS LISTING - PRODUCTION COMPANY: ABC Studios; WRITER: Dan Fogelman; EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS: Dan Fogelman, Alan Menken, Glenn Slater

Cast

Joshua Sasse as Prince Galavant

Karen David as Isabella

Timothy Omundson as King Richard

Vinnie Jones as Gareth

Mallory Jansen as Madalena

Luke Youngblood as Sid

Crew

Dan Fogelman

Alan Menken

Glen Slater

Official Twitter

Upcoming Episodes

2.01A New Season aka Suck it Cancellation Bear/2.02

2.03/2.04

2.05/2.06

2.07/2.08

2.09/2.10

Season One News/Spoilers

Set Photos , Candids , and Videos

Past Thread

Last edited by *OldHollywoodStarlet*; 11-30-2015 at 07:24 PM
Old 06-16-2014, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting the thread here at spoilers.
Old 06-16-2014, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:15 PM
Elite Fan

This just looks like a super fun show. I hope it finds an audience. Alan Menken is responsible for some classic Disney songs so this show's music should be amazing. I'm looking forward to this.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 06-16-2014, 09:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope it does too! A Fairytale musical series with Alan Meeken music? Yes please! Love the songs I've heard so far.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:55 PM
Elite Fan

This looks entertaining. I'm looking forward to the first episode.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

O.M.G. I busted out laughing my kids ran in to check on me!

It screams Monty Python....and I love it!

Swordfighting, fairytales and quirkey....I definitely will add this to my list, well, at least the pilot. I'd probably be in stitches, but what the heck, why not?!

Thank you. THANK you. THANK YOU!! Made my night.

ETA - I hope we keep this thread going until then.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The writers/producers described it as The Princess Bride/Camelot, but I've heard that comparison too.

Yep. Love all that as well and on top of that Menken music.

You're welcome.

I hope so too. Might be a bit difficult to get any set news/spoilers. They're filming this show in the UK which is awesome!
Old 06-17-2014, 04:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OldHollywoodStarlet* (View Post)
The writers/producers described it as The Princess Bride/Camelot, but I've heard that comparison too.

Yep. Love all that as well and on top of that Menken music.

I hope so too. Might be a bit difficult to get any set news/spoilers. They're filming this show in the UK which is awesome!
Yeah, I can totally see 'The Princess Bride" in this. Menken is fantastic writer for Disney and completely fits.

Filmed in the UK fits the Monty Phyton feel of the show and also I didn't recognize any of the actors. The singing, dancing and acting skills trifecta must have been interesting challenge for the casting agent.

Still smiling just thinking about the prospects of this show. It seems to fit as a winter hiatus for OUAT. Something to lighten the holiday mood.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)
Yeah, I can totally see 'The Princess Bride" in this. Menken is fantastic writer for Disney and completely fits.

Filmed in the UK fits the Monty Phyton feel of the show and also I didn't recognize any of the actors. The singing, dancing and acting skills trifecta must have been interesting challenge for the casting agent.

Still smiling just thinking about the prospects of this show. It seems to fit as a winter hiatus for OUAT. Something to lighten the holiday mood.
I love that film, so any comparison is awesome. Wouldn't be great if Cary Elwes and maybe other cast members guest starred on the show?

The only actor I recognize is the guy from Psych. Agree it must been an interesting casting process.

Me too. I agree. It looks like ABC learn from their mistake. I like they are doing that for this show and Agent Carter. Musical and period piece shows are harder to sell on network television so, like I wrote in the Agent Carter thread, having them be a smaller seasons it a good idea in my opinion. I can't imagine it would be easy to write music, perform them etc.. for 22 episodes either! Yikes!
Old 06-18-2014, 03:32 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for this new thread. I have assigned to Meredith.
Old 06-18-2014, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome and .
Old 06-18-2014, 04:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

Super excited about this show. I love Once Upon a Time, and the idea of a weekly, fairy tale musical with some comedy thrills me. With this and Agent Carter, the winter won't be so bad.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikNak (View Post)
Thanks for this new thread. I have assigned to Meredith.
Thank you ma'am!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 06-19-2014, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorkel567 (View Post)
Super excited about this show. I love Once Upon a Time, and the idea of a weekly, fairy tale musical with some comedy thrills me. With this and Agent Carter, the winter won't be so bad.
Makes sense this will air during the winter hiatus for OUAT. Should be funny as heck!