Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2008, 08:37 PM
Master Fan

Fringe Spoilers #1 - Because You Can Never Go Back to Before

Welcome to the first spoiler thread for the new FOX show, FRINGE! The show will be airing on September 9th on FOX and has been getting rave reviews and buzz since it was announced.

The show is being brought to you by J.J. Abrams, the creator of Lost and I'm sure it'll be a huge hit.

The show has the following cast starring in the project:

CAST

Anna Torv as Olivia Dunham
Joshua Jackson as Peter Bishop
John Noble as Walter Bishop
Lance Reddick as Phillip Broyles
Kirk Acevedo as Charlie Francis
Mark Valley as John Scott
Blair Brown as Nina Sharp
Jasika Nicole as Astrid Farnsworth

SYNOPSIS

From J.J. Abrams ("Lost"), Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, the team behind "Star Trek," "Mission: Impossible III" and "Alias," comes a new drama that will thrill, terrify and explore the blurring line between science fiction and reality.

When an international flight lands at Boston's Logan Airport and the passengers and crew have all died grisly deaths, FBI Special Agent OLIVIA DUNHAM (newcomer Anna Torv) is called in to investigate. After her partner, Special Agent JOHN SCOTT (Mark Valley, "Boston Legal"), is nearly killed during the investigation, a desperate Olivia searches frantically for someone to help, leading her to DR. WALTER BISHOP (John Noble, "Lord of the Rings: Return of the King"), our generation's Einstein. There's only one catch: he's been institutionalized for the last 20 years, and the only way to question him requires pulling his estranged son PETER (Joshua Jackson, "Dawson's Creek") in to help.

When Olivia's investigation leads her to manipulative corporate executive NINA SHARP (Blair Brown, "Altered States"), our unlikely trio along with fellow FBI Agents PHILLIP BROYLES (Lance Reddick, "The Wire"), CHARLIE FRANCIS (Kirk Acevedo, "Oz") and ASTRID FARNSWORTH (Jasika Nicole, "Law & Order: Criminal Intent") will discover that what happened on Flight 627 is only a small piece of a larger, more shocking truth.

FRINGE is directed by Emmy Award-winning Alex Graves ("The West Wing") and produced by Warner Bros. Television and Bad Robot Productions.

A "screener" pilot has been leaked on the internet, but we won't post a link to it here. Feel free to discuss the show if you happen to come across the pilot and any spoilers from the 2-hour pilot and any additional details you may find on the show.

I'll be updating the first post with details as they become available. Can't wait to hear what you all think and share the spoils!

Fringe has been picked up for a full season! Whoo Hoo!

Episode 1.05 - Power Hungry - October 7th [from SciFi.com]

SciFi.com have revealed that the title for episode 5 of Fringe will be “Power Hungry”.

Here is an outline of the episode:

Quote:
“Power Hungry” deals with the trio’s investigation of an elevator crash that was caused by some kind of mysterious power surge. Their investigation leads to a young man, Joseph (guest star Ebon Moss-Bachrach), who appears to give off some kind of odd electrical charge. As is typical in Fringe, the pursuit uncovers a sinister plot involving “fringe science” and the nefarious motives of another scientist (guest star Max Baker). And the race is on to find Joseph and uncover the plot.
They also provide some background about Anna Torv's character, Olivia Dunham for the episode:

Quote:
Amid the red-and-blue flashing light of squad cars, FBI Special Agent Olivia Dunham strides purposefully through the Boston parking garage with companions Peter Bishop and his father, eccentric scientist Walter Bishop, toward the crime scene. Greeted by a building supervisor, she is told that the elevator simply dropped several floors, crashing violently into the garage. “That’s impossible,” Peter says as they examine the wreckage. Walter and Olivia draw closer, peering inside the wrecked elevator car, where several people died. Or so it seems.

Cut!

The scene is actually part of Fox’s upcoming SF TV series Fringe. Dunham is actually Australian actress Anna Torv; Peter is Joshua Jackson, and Walter is fellow Aussie John Noble. The garage is real, but it’s in New York City, where Fringeis filming on a breezy Aug. 26, which doubles for the show’s Boston setting. And SCI FI Wire was able to get an exclusive glimpse behind the scenes of the much-anticipated show and talk with the principals.

The garage has been transformed into a crime scene, complete with emergency vehicles (Massachusetts state trooper units, a coroner’s van), emergency personnel (extras in FBI windbreakers and cop uniforms), lights, gurneys and yellow police tape. The wrecked elevator is actually a facade built into the garage. The episode is titled “Power Hungry” and is the fifth of the first season. And all three stars are on set this day, joking easily among themselves between takes before blocking out their movements with episode director Chris Misiano.

Ask them what Fringe is about, however, and you’re more likely to get a look of amused exasperation.

“I’m really excited for the show to premiere so then I stop getting asked the question, because … I never know which way to go,” Torv said with a smile. “It’s kind of got a bit of everything, I don’t think it’s genre-specific. I think that it is very science fiction, but more emphasis on the science as opposed to the fiction. There’s drama, because your characters are all real, but they’re dealing with these … horrific [scenarios]. So I think there’s elements of horror; there’s elements of action. There’s investigative [stories], there’s crime-solving. I mean, it’s just all consuming and far-reaching.”

In another shot, the camera dollies into the wrecked elevator, where Joseph is lying unconscious atop a pile of bodies, including the office girl on whom he has a crush. Joseph awakes, looks around in horror, then spies the girl lying beside him. She’s clearly dead, and he’s horrified. “Oh, God …” he utters before clambering out of the dusty death carriage.

The episode promises Fringe’s mix of humor, science, horror and mystery, as well as the interpersonal drama among the three principal characters. “There’s some fairly gruesome things that have happened, to be honest with you, and some fairly bizarre things, and I’m not going to tell you any more, because that’s to be revealed,” Noble said, with a grin. “But I think everyone will find them interesting and just close enough to [reality to] possibly go, ‘Oh, my goodness, that’s weird.’ And I don’t want to tell you. I’m not going to tell you any more.”
1.05 'Power Hungry' Stills, thanks to shawnawitter @ livejournal!

Old 06-15-2008, 09:35 PM
Obsessed Fan

Woooo! Fringe!

Caution: Posts may contain dangerous levels of sarcasm
Old 06-15-2008, 10:15 PM
Master Fan

I tried to restrain myself from watching it on the net..but I dont seem to have any and I downloaded that sucker and I watched it

Here's a tip, dont watch the beginning with the lights turned off and eating hot cheese pizza.

I really enjoyed the pilot episode. I think it was done very well and it kept my interest the whole time.

I thought that the Olivia and Scott relationship was very sweet, until you find out the truth about him.

I really enjoyed the scene’s between Peter and his father Walter, especially when they first meet after seventeen years. Walter’s “I thought you would be fatter” comment was funny and Peter’s response

But I do hope they do more with Josh’s character. To me, he was just kind of there in the background. I hope more is written for him, cause I really do like the Peter character and not fro the obvious reasons. I would also like to see Peter do his “disguise” stuff and seeing how much of a genius he really is.

The ending was good, it really makes me want to watch episode 2 lol. I don’t know if can wait till September But I cant wait to find out more about Massive Dynamics.

That’s all I can think of now for the moment, but again I really did enjoy the pilot and if the writer’s keep with the interesting story’s, it’s a sure bet that this show will be a hit.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i caved too... i wasnt going to but that lasted about two min, hee

best scene by far was the lsd scene... josh anna and john play so well off each other... it was just hilar

i kinda shipped olivia and john like right from the first two min what can i say... i was really sad when it was him, but you could kinda tell it was going that direction even before the reveal

the whole dream thing reminded me of the cell... it was all so weird but i found it intriguing nonetheless

i dont like the fact that peter and olivia were set up so quickly... i wish peter was still vengeful towards her to give their relationship more room to evolve... now im just expecting them to go there... which i hope they dont

peter running after whats his face got me going... im all go josh go... it was pretty embarrassing when my roommate heard me

i hope charlie stays around cause i simply love kirk acevedo and i got the feeling he had something for olivia... tbh, im hoping it goes that way versus peter and olivia

also i think olivia is a bit naive when it comes to her job... she seems a little lalala about it, but i enjoyed the ep greatly... can't wait for more
Old 06-15-2008, 11:56 PM
Loyal Fan

I have the episode waiting for me at home, so i will surely be back to give me comments later. I hope all the hype doesnt kill the show.

Old 06-16-2008, 12:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I watched the episode with my sister last night and it exceeded my expectations! I thought it was going to be great, but it was that and more.

I'm all for Peter/Olivia. It's very obvious that's the direction it's going in, especially when what's his name was revealed as evil, and of course Peter was already getting so attached to her more and more as the ep went by. I find that so endearing. I'm a serious sucker for that kind of thing. Anyway, I think they have great chemistry & major potential and am looking forward to seeing how the writers develop that relationship.

Josh has such a presence (LOVED him in DC) and I love the dynamic of the three; Walter, Peter and Olivia make a awesome team.

The ending was made of win. I definitely can't wait for episode 2!
I know better
But I still feel you all around icon

Last edited by fall like stars; 06-16-2008 at 12:19 AM
Old 06-16-2008, 12:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

id be for peter and olivia down the line because josh is kinda hard to ignore with anyone... but its so obvious its not really that intriguing... a show like this should play it out... i liked when peter was all bitchy at her... it made for an interesting dynamic... now he's ready to puppy dog eye her and say you ok, blech
Old 06-16-2008, 12:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i get what you're saying and I agree they should definitely drag it out but imo, it was just the first ep. A way to set up the show. I don't think it's going to be smooth sailing for them from now on.. (or for anyone) I'm sure they'll be some tension.
I know better
Old 06-16-2008, 12:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

ica... i just floved peters attitude though... he had some edge... hopefully the snark will remain intact... especially with walter... seriously, they were perfect when everything was nothing but awkward tension... all three of them
Old 06-16-2008, 01:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

ita, i definitely loved the snark - josh is SO good at that! i know that peter was getting awfully attached to olivia in just one episode but I think it was just becuase they were trying to set up the dynamics of the show. I can forsee alot of issues/tension with them. and walter/peter, gah, so funny, I hope the tension stays between them for a long time.
I know better

Last edited by fall like stars; 06-16-2008 at 01:22 AM
Old 06-16-2008, 01:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

oh wow didnt know it had leaked. anyone care to share the link
Old 06-16-2008, 01:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

you know though, i loved walters trust speech to olivia... she of course could have died, but its the thought that counts i think she'll come to find walter as a father figure maybe

josh is soo good at the snark yes!... him yelping at walter to stay in the car was funny too... i think the tension will def stay intact... i know a lot of second/third eps usually go back to the awkwardness anyway... i forget sometimes how a pilot likes to round it out
Old 06-16-2008, 01:42 AM
Moderator Support Team

I loved the pilot and I can't wait to see what happens next. I was totally shocked when the partner/lover turned out to be the bad guy. I thought for sure he was just gonna bite it.

Peter/Olivia = Canon or not.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by +supernova+ (View Post)
Peter/Olivia/Walter =
ITA
Old 06-16-2008, 04:28 AM
Passionate Fan

A good pilot indeed.
I like the Olivia character, and I think Anna is beautiful, and so I'm happy, cause I had and still have a huge problem with last JJ Abraams leading lady (in other words= I HATE Kate from Lost with a passion ).

Josh is not just gorgeous, but he's a really TALENTED actor, he showed it in the past, since he moved on the big screen projects. But he never fails to grow and grow and grow.
I just LOVE his way of acting.

And the dynamic with Walter is really great.

I hope Fox won't mess as usual with a great show like this one.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread