Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2012, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Fringe S&S #11 - The Observers are coming, but the Fringe team is waiting for them!

Watch Fringe Season 5 Premiere Friday, September 28th 9pm EST on FOX!

Fringe Board

CAST

Anna Torv as Olivia Dunham
Joshua Jackson as Peter Bishop
John Noble as Walter Bishop
Lance Reddick as Phillip Broyles
Kirk Acevedo as Charlie Francis
Blair Brown as Nina Sharp
Jasika Nicole as Astrid Farnsworth
Michael Cerveris as The Observer
Orla Brady as Elizabeth Bishop
Seth Gabel as Lincoln Lee

Executive Producers

Jeff Pinkner
J.J. Abrams
Alex Kurtzman
Roberto Orci
David Fury

Episode Titles

5x01 - Transilience Thought Unifier Model-11
5x02 - In Absentia
5x03 - The Recordist
5x04 - The Bullet that Saved The World
5x05 - An Origin Story

Promos

Filming Pictures

Georgina, Jasika, John, Josh
July 18 - Anna, Josh
July 18 - Anna, Josh
August 13 - Anna, Georgina, Jasika, John, Josh
August 13 - Anna, Georgina, Jasika, John, Josh
September 5 - Georgina, John, Josh
September 5 - Anna, Georgina, Lance, John Josh
September 12 - Anna, Josh
September 28 - Anna, Blair, Jasika, John
September 28 - Anna, Blair, Jasika, John
October 1 - Josh & Observers
October 3 - Blair, John
October 15 - Josh
October 22 - Anna
October 22 - Anna, Jasika, John, Josh

Last edited by sofiab; 11-19-2012 at 01:53 PM
Old 09-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Latest info:

Quote:
Originally Posted by findingremedy (View Post)
Some more pictures from yesterday and some info.

Fringe filming under the Burrard Bridge - Vancity Filming

More episode titles:

5x04 - The bullet that saved the world
5x05 - An Origin Story

Quote:
What sort of emotions will your Fringe faves be dealing with? For one, that promo in which an idyllic outing for Peter, wife Olivia and a young Etta is interrupted by Observers ends as horrifically as you feared. "They had their daughter taken from them," Wyman reveals. "And most couples, when they lose a child… don’t make it through that. So what happened to Peter and Olivia before the ambering?"
[PHOTOS] Fall TV Spoilers 2012 — 46 Returning Favorites - TVLine
Old 09-06-2012, 04:00 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread and latest spoilers.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:23 PM
Master Fan

WHAT???? Etta is kidnapped by The Observers?? But then why do they act like they don't know who she is in 4x19? They clearly don't know who's daughter she is and about her abilities.

NO!!!!!!!! Why does there have to be a character death??? I hate having to say good bye to our characters. No way it could be Olivia. Walter or Etta.

TFTNT Sofia. Love the title!!
Icon: JAFpunk59
Old 09-06-2012, 11:35 PM
Extreme Fan

Happy to be here
A single text....................$1
Speaking his language...........Priceless

Old 09-07-2012, 06:58 AM
Part-Time Fan

The 3rd episode is called The Recordist

~

I'm surprisingly not worried about someone dying. I don't even know why. I mean, I love them all a whole lot, I don't want them to die.. But still, not worried : DD

So Etta was taken by The Observers? I was not expecting that O _______ o It sounds like something interesting to watch tho.

I love the episode titles this year. We'll probably learn the story of the bullet Etta was wearing around her neck in 05X04. And maybe 05X05 is more about the origins of The Observers? Or maybe how they took over our world? No idea about 05X03 tho.

Ugh, the 29th of September can't be here soon enough ; S

OH! I forgot to thank for the new thread! THANKS, Sofia! And thanks for updating the OP with the latest spoilers : )))

tumblr ///

Last edited by findingremedy; 09-07-2012 at 07:16 AM
Old 09-07-2012, 09:37 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Fringe | We open this week’s column with a bit of visual splendor: a first look at Season 5, which premieres Sept. 28. In this exclusive image from the final season’s first episode, titled “Transilience Thought Unifier Model 11,” you’ve got circa-2036 Peter, Astrid and Etta checking out a block of amber from which, it appears, at least a few people have been sawed out. Could it be that Olivia, too, was ambered for twentysome years? “You’ll have to wait and see,” showrunner Joel Wyman hedged during our fall preview Q&A. “If she got ambered, if she’s the same age, if she’s not…. You’ll have to wait and see.” Wyman did allow this much; whether it’s a hint is for you to decide: “You’ve got to figure that ambering yourself is kind of a cool thing!”
Fringe Season 5 First Look Photo, Grey’s Anatomy Casting News, Glee - TVLine
just another chance with you...
JaxTara
Old 09-07-2012, 09:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by star_gazer02 (View Post)
WHAT???? Etta is kidnapped by The Observers?? But then why do they act like they don't know who she is in 4x19? They clearly don't know who's daughter she is and about her abilities.

NO!!!!!!!! Why does there have to be a character death??? I hate having to say good bye to our characters. No way it could be Olivia. Walter or Etta.

TFTNT Sofia. Love the title!!
We knew she was taken. My doubt is if in the future we saw in 4x19, the observers knew who she was. I think someone took her from the observers, if they indeed took her from PO, and my guess is September. That would only reinforce the idea that he would become an even greater target. And she was raised by someone.

Amy, I don't want anyone to die, but I think it would be very unrealistic to end the show without an important death. In case they want to continue the story (comics or films) I don't believe they will kill Olivia, Peter or Walter. However Olivia or Walter dying would make perfect sense. Olivia has been the show's punch bag since the beginning, it's not difficult to put her in a situation where she would die to save the team, the world, whatever. It would be in character. Walter has spent four seasons where nothing happend to him, yet he and Bell are the ones responsible for so much pain and suffering. It would be a fitting end for him to sacrifice and give the others the chance of a future.

Broyles could have an heroic death too, like Lance said, but it wouldn't have the same impact and Alt-Broyles already died as a hero.

You know I think Etta will die and PO will have another baby. This way they would solve the problem of the awkward situation of a grown up daughter.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:10 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiab (View Post)
Latest info:

What sort of emotions will your Fringe faves be dealing with? For one, that promo in which an idyllic outing for Peter, wife Olivia and a young Etta is interrupted by Observers ends as horrifically as you feared. "They had their daughter taken from them," Wyman reveals. "And most couples, when they lose a child… don’t make it through that. So what happened to Peter and Olivia before the ambering?"

[PHOTOS] Fall TV Spoilers 2012 — 46 Returning Favorites - TVLine
Oh no what the hell does that mean ? Please no more drama with this two , ahh I don't want so many bad news .
But Sofia you could be right with your idea about Etta dying It would make sense , too

“What we’ve learned is about the power of love, though all of the science fiction and the hurdles we’ve had to go through, it’s the love.” - John Noble
Old 09-07-2012, 10:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^Julia, it would make sense that Etta's being taken from them, would cause a certain strain in their marriage, but it's so much happening to them, that I can only at another "obstacle". This would actually be a valid and realistic one, but enough.

More filming pictures from yesterday. This one is very curious. Something like this happened in season one too.

#Fringe Family Films at Pacific Central Station As Monorail Station Circa 2036 | yvrshoots
Old 09-07-2012, 10:42 AM
Loyal Fan

I think i will post it here
Sofia yes you are right ( in the PO board) I'm not surprised anymore, too , but it's sad. You are absolutley right it would make sense and it would be realistic but I think if this is true they destroy a lot. Because in my opinion someday the on and off thing starts to get boring and awful and then they destroy the whole P/O thing and this storyline.

omg this pics looks really strange. I really can't wait anymore

“What we’ve learned is about the power of love, though all of the science fiction and the hurdles we’ve had to go through, it’s the love.” - John Noble
Old 09-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
More filming pictures from yesterday. This one is very curious. Something like this happened in season one too.

http://i.imgur.com/e4zS4.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/KH3oG.jpg

#Fringe Family Films at Pacific Central Station As Monorail Station Circa 2036 | yvrshoots
Ohhhh, that's interesting. I remember a clip from Comic-Con trailer in which Peter suggested to cause fringe events themselves. I know those shots were filmed for Comic-Con only but still.. Maybe that's what the team is doing? Fighting with, distracting, etc. the observers by using their old cases? ; )

tumblr ///
Old 09-07-2012, 12:58 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the new thread and latest goodies.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by findingremedy (View Post)
Ohhhh, that's interesting. I remember a clip from Comic-Con trailer in which Peter suggested to cause fringe events themselves. I know those shots were filmed for Comic-Con only but still.. Maybe that's what the team is doing? Fighting with, distracting, etc. the observers by using their old cases? ; )
Yes, I think that's most likely what's happening. It was in Ability that Jones used that substance.

Quote:
'Fringe': Did Olivia amber herself? Plus the series finale date revealed

We are almost exactly three weeks away from the last "Fringe" season premiere ever, and we're still in the dark about... well, pretty much everything. Executive producer J.H. Wyman isn't exactly spilling the beans about our upcoming trip to 2036, so we've had to gather tiny bits of intel here and there.

Here's what we do know: Olivia (Anna Torv) becomes an official member of the Bishop family. The wedding ring on Peter's (Joshua Jackson) finger isn't exactly subtle in this promo clip. We can also see that Peter and Olivia did get to spend a few good years with their daughter, Henrietta, before they were torn apart by the Observers and the amber.

We also know that when Walter gets to the future, as seen in last season's "Letters of Transit" episode, things aren't going to go easy. The image of him bloody and bound to a chair in this clip won't be soon forgotten.

Thanks to some great marketing decisions from FOX, fans have a good sense of the order of the Observers' new world. Though the Fringe Division is responsible for policing "Native Citizens" -- AKA humans -- the Observers reign supreme and literally have jurisdiction over peoples' brains. They can scan your thoughts and, if they don't like what they find there -- erase them.

There's a far more extensive list of things we don't know, not the least of which is any information about Olivia's whereabouts, since "Letters of Transit" was the only episode of "Fringe" that didn't include Anna Torv. When we spoke with Wyman this summer about Olivia's involvement in the future, he simply teased, "Let's just say that the Fringe Team 2.0 is really, really important. You are going to find Anna's reinvolvement in a very special and unique way." He adds, "We're going to see this new, nuclear, really messed up family that's trying to hold it all together."

In speaking with TVLine about Olivia, Wyman hints, "You've got to figure that ambering yourself is kind of a cool thing!" We know that Walter (John Noble) pushed the button to encase himself, Peter, Astrid, and (in a particularly mysterious twist) William Bell. But dd Olivia amber herself as well?

We suppose that if Peter was trapped in the substance, Olivia might want to put herself in there, too, to give them the best chance at a reunion. But it's not likely that she'd have locked herself up knowing that her very young daughter would be parentless on the outside of the amber.

Any theories, "Fringe" fans?

While we've got your attention, we can also officially reveal the date of the "Fringe" series finale episode: Mark Feb. 1 on your calendars, because at 9 p.m. you will want to be planted in front of your television set to say goodbye to this fan favorite for the last time.
‘Fringe’: Did Olivia amber herself? Plus the series finale date revealed - Zap2it
Old 09-07-2012, 02:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
We knew she was taken. My doubt is if in the future we saw in 4x19, the observers knew who she was. I think someone took her from the observers, if they indeed took her from PO, and my guess is September. That would only reinforce the idea that he would become an even greater target. And she was raised by someone.

Amy, I don't want anyone to die, but I think it would be very unrealistic to end the show without an important death. In case they want to continue the story (comics or films) I don't believe they will kill Olivia, Peter or Walter. However Olivia or Walter dying would make perfect sense. Olivia has been the show's punch bag since the beginning, it's not difficult to put her in a situation where she would die to save the team, the world, whatever. It would be in character. Walter has spent four seasons where nothing happend to him, yet he and Bell are the ones responsible for so much pain and suffering. It would be a fitting end for him to sacrifice and give the others the chance of a future.

Broyles could have an heroic death too, like Lance said, but it wouldn't have the same impact and Alt-Broyles already died as a hero.

You know I think Etta will die and PO will have another baby. This way they would solve the problem of the awkward situation of a grown up daughter.
Did I miss something? I don't remember it being revealed that Etta was kidnapped by The Observers. Going by 4x19 it appeared that Etta had been protected from The Observers as a child since they didn't know who she was. Even when watching the promo with PO and Etta in the park I didn't think they were trying to kidnap her (then again I wasn't analyzing that particular scene too much ) but I guess that's what is happening in that moment. Or at least they make an attempt to kidnap her I suppose. I'm sure September is somehow involved in protecting Etta. He has an emotional attachment to the Fringe Team so this would definitely make sense.

*sigh* Why do you make such logical arguments?? No way does Olivia die at the end. PO have to get their happy ending and if one or both of them die then it's not possible. I understand what you're saying about Olivia sacrificing herself and while that is in character, it would be a terrible way to end the story. I can't imagine the fandom being okay with that. The show has to end on some kind of hope and promise for the future. There has to be positive ending in some way. That's why, as awful as it would be if Walter died, I would accept it because it would be him paying the price for his actions long ago. He who starts it must be the one to end it, I say (or is that a Fringe saying and I just can't remember?)

He's a good possibility too.

Etta is the odd one out in this situation so there is a good possibility that she could be the one to die to make things seem "normal" again. But I just don't want to watch the death of one of PO's kids. I'm going to be an emotional mess if this happens. Even if Olivia ends up pregnant again, it doesn't make up for killing Etta. They barely had a chance to be her parents before she gets kidnapped or is forced into hiding (as a child), they get Ambered for 20 years, and then eventually she dies when they reunite with her as an adult. My poor OTP can't catch a break!!

February 1st, the final Fringe Friday!!
Icon: JAFpunk59
Closed Thread   Post New Thread