Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2012, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Fringe S&S #10 - More than spoilers, we need to know if there's Fringe in our future.

Watch Fringe Season 5 Premiere Friday, September 28th 9pm EST on FOX!

Fringe Board

CAST

Anna Torv as Olivia Dunham
Joshua Jackson as Peter Bishop
John Noble as Walter Bishop
Lance Reddick as Phillip Broyles
Kirk Acevedo as Charlie Francis
Blair Brown as Nina Sharp
Jasika Nicole as Astrid Farnsworth
Michael Cerveris as The Observer
Orla Brady as Elizabeth Bishop
Seth Gabel as Lincoln Lee

Executive Producers

Jeff Pinkner
J.J. Abrams
Alex Kurtzman
Roberto Orci
David Fury

Episode Titles

5x01 - Transilience Thought Unifier Model-11
5x02 - In Absentia
5x03 -
5x04 - The Bullet that Saved The World
5x05 - An Origin Story

Promos

Episode Stills

[ X ]

Filming Pictures

Georgina, Jasika, John, Josh
July 18 - Anna, Josh
July 18 - Anna, Josh
August 13 - Anna, Georgina, Jasika, John, Josh
August 13 - Anna, Georgina, Jasika, John, Josh
September 5 - Georgina, John, Josh
September 5 - Anna, Georgina, Lance, John Josh

Last edited by sofiab; 09-06-2012 at 10:23 AM
Old 04-19-2012, 01:36 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for starting the new thread.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:36 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks from me as well and for updating the OP!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 04-19-2012, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome

Give me better title suggestions and I'll change the current title.

The latest.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:41 PM
Elite Fan

I like it, the only thing I would change is More than spoilers, we need to know if there's Fringe in our future.
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 04-19-2012, 03:47 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the latest. And, I like the title change suggestion.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell Dream Girl (View Post)
I like it, the only thing I would change is More than spoilers, we need to know if there's Fringe in our future.
Done

Quote:
Fringe Scoop: 5 Things to Know About Friday's Trip to 2036

All hail the Observers!

Fringe takes a trip into the future in Friday's episode (9/8c, Fox). Lest we forget, it's Episode 19 for the season, which traditionally means it will be chock-full of craziness (See: Last season's switch from live-action to animation in "Lysergic Acid Diethylmide").

In "Letters of Transit," the future is not all it's cracked up to be since the Observers have officially taken over planet Earth, wiping out most of the human population. Similar to last season's finale, which ventured 15 years into the present, Friday's hour-long thrill ride will offer up a chance to see what life could be like if humans were at the bottom of the food chain, so to speak. To get acquainted with this version of the future, here are five things to expect:

1. In the year 2015 — eek, we better start building the resistance now! — the Observers took over Earth. It's now 2036 and things are looking grim, but a familiar face will be instrumental in helping the resistance.

2. The Fringe Division still exists, but their only job is to police the "Natives," a term used for the human survivors. Lost's Henry Ian Cusick and Georgina Haig will play members of that team.

3. The true identity of Haig's character Etta has already sparked speculation, ranging from her being a disguised version of Olivia's (Anna Torv) niece Ella (whom we met when Fringe went to the future in Season 3) to possibly another family member. We'll just leave it that she has a connection to the Fringe team and let you chew on that.

4. Thanks to Peter's (Joshua Jackson) journey into September's (Michael Cerveris) mind earlier this season, we know that the Observers are a team of scientists who traveled back in time to witness their own creation. However, in Friday's episode we'll learn who they really are and what else they can do.

5. What's a freaky and fun 19th episode without a surprise appearance? You really won't see this one coming.
Fringe Scoop: 5 Things to Know About Friday's Trip to 2036 - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Quote:
Fringe fans are in for a major game-changer with tomorrow's episode "Letters of Transit" - a game-changer of such magnitude that it actually raises the bar for the use of the term. Even in the Fringe-verse! Just when you think Fringe can't get any more engrossingly bizarre, they do something like this: create a brand new playing field that re-contextualizes everything we know about the Fringe story space, without knocking a single whisker of continuity out of place. Few shows can get these wild shifts in narrative right without ... wait a minute, let me rephrase that: no-one can do what the Fringe gang do week after week. No one. Fringe has become a singular genre unto itself and we can only hope that the talent behind it holds together for another season.

So, where to start? There is nothing that can quite prepare you for what "Letters of Transit" does to the storyline. It's at all at once a revelation and a wild left hand turn into new territory. Old mysteries are settled once and for all (maybe), while new ones are left screaming for answers. As you know from last week's previews, "Letters of Transit" is a trip into the future, and what a trip indeed. In 2036 we find a planet Earth under the control of a familiar—yet until recently very ambiguous—foe, a Fringe Division that persists as more of a symbolic gesture between our captors and the remaining 'natives', and yes, you guessed it, a resistance movement existing just below the surface of it all. Yes it is 'Fringe does dystopia', but when Fringe does anything it is hardly typical. Fringetopia? Perhaps.

LOST fans are in for a real treat with the appearance of Desmond Hume himself, Henry Ian Cusick, as Fringe Division agent Simon, who is sort of a rough around the edges ad-hoc version of Walter. Joining Simon, and more central to the episode, is the lovely Henrietta — whose connection the Fringe present(s) will definitely be a surprise for fans.

So if you are a Fringe fan who hasn't been watching live, or know Fringe fans who have fallen off the wagon, this is the episode worth watching live. Edge of your seat excitement, John Noble doing that John Noble thing squared, and tons of pop-culture and Fringe-culture hat tips that will have you prickling with nerd-gasms.
Fringe Letters of Transit Preview
Old 04-20-2012, 08:01 AM
MST Manager

Thanks as always.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for the new thread and info!
Old 04-20-2012, 01:49 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread, and great title!
Old 04-21-2012, 03:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 04-21-2012, 10:04 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks Sofia!

Fringe - Episode 4.20 - Worlds Apart - First Promotional Photo (Spoilers)
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 04-22-2012, 09:05 AM
Absolute Fan

Tftnt!

♥ Please, you couldn't handle it...Perhaps you're the one who couldn't handle it ♥
~ Mary ~ Icon
Old 04-22-2012, 11:10 AM
Master Fan

TFTNT Sofia! I know you'll do a MUCH better job of keeping the OP updated than I did.

Great title!
Icon: JAFpunk59
Old 04-22-2012, 11:24 AM
Dedicated Fan

Tftnt!!

Pacey&Joey/Seth&Summer/Brooke&Lucas/Taylor&Ryan/Alcide&Sookie/Tyler&Caroline/Damon&Elena/Nick&Jess/Jack&Emily/Lemon&Wade/Katniss&Gale/Emma&Neal
Closed Thread   Post New Thread