Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2019, 07:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

haven't been on here in a while but I came to say:

I went to SDCC again! Saw the premiere of Batwoman and I gotta say I was lol I wasn't expecting it to be that good...just goes to show The Flash reallllyyyyyyyyyy needs fresh faces in the writers room. I think Eric Wallace as show runner will be a breath of fresh air.

As for the direction of the show -- they've heeded everyone's advice on doing multiple arcs like little graphic novels which is great because that has always been my main issue with the show...the way they absolutely dragggggggg the main storyline out to the point where you literally do not even care about the outcome/there are 0 stakes so who cares.

I know we'd all love WestAllen to actually look married this year but I think a prolonged angsty arc will only make the outcome much sweeter by the end of S6 & I'm getting a sense from the panel & interviews that Wally might sacrifice himself in Barry's place in COIE which would kind of really throw a wrench in things for Barry/Iris...I'm here for it since it seems like they don't really seem to know what to do with Wally anyway (also...if you've read the comics you know Wally comes back eventually after disappearing anyway)

Iris getting her own separate B plot away from S.T.A.R labs makes me wanna cry lol we've been waiting for this for forever....Candice said there's a bunch of characters coming to visit her at work, she's hiring people, mentoring a cub reporter...out in the field more...ITS A NEW SHOW! (lol wishful thinking)

cautiously optimistic for S6...I'll watch the premiere live but will probably wait till 6x04 (the confirmed HALLOWEEN episode!) to watch live again.
Old 07-24-2019, 11:00 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for sharing. Hope you had a good time.
Old 07-25-2019, 11:53 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrenda182 (View Post)
haven't been on here in a while but I came to say:

I know we'd all love WestAllen to actually look married this year but I think a prolonged angsty arc will only make the outcome much sweeter by the end of S6 & I'm getting a sense from the panel & interviews that Wally might sacrifice himself in Barry's place in COIE which would kind of really throw a wrench in things for Barry/Iris...I'm here for it since it seems like they don't really seem to know what to do with Wally anyway (also...if you've read the comics you know
Wally sacrificing himself in Barry's place? I don't think Barry would allow it to happen.
Old 07-25-2019, 12:24 PM
Elite Fan

If anyone sacrifices himself it should be JWS’s Barry.
Old 07-25-2019, 01:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianamed (View Post)
Wally sacrificing himself in Barry's place? I don't think Barry would allow it to happen.
Before Nora's dissapearance in the season finale, i would have bet money that Wally would sacrifice himself in Crisis.

Now, i'm not sure they'll have two members of the Flash Fam "dying" in such a short window of time.
Old 07-25-2019, 03:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
If anyone sacrifices himself it should be JWS’s Barry.
they already shoved him in the speedforce in S3 (lol remember when he was gunna mentor a girl speedster on another earth haha...I’m glad that lead nowhere)..
Old 07-25-2019, 03:25 PM
Elite Fan

That was Jay Garrick.

I’m talking about the Barry from Earth 90 who appeared in Elseworlds.
Old 07-25-2019, 03:48 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
That was Jay Garrick.

I’m talking about the Barry from Earth 90 who appeared in Elseworlds.
I could see Jay Garrick dying in Barry’s place though. But Earth 90 Barry is always a possibility.
Old 07-26-2019, 03:37 AM
Supreme Fan

Before she was erased in the finale, I could have seen Nora dying in Barry's place.

I don't think they are going to kill off Wally but I can see both Jay and Earth-90 Barry Allen die. If the plan is to merge the multiverse it's possible they don't want two Flashes with the same name living on the same Earth.
Old 07-27-2019, 01:35 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the info jrenda. Love the breakdown from someone who went.

I would be impressed if they took Wally and a regular out during Crisis. Doubt it though. Wish Eric's stamp was being all these he's suggesting and being bold cleaning house a little.

This show has zero stakes.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 07-31-2019, 03:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireQueen (View Post)
If the plan is to merge the multiverse it's possible they don't want two Flashes with the same name living on the same Earth.
Maybe not. But I don’t see any reason why Jay wouldn’t become part of the rebooted Earth’s history, like he did in the comics.

Before he was the Flash of Earth 2. But after the universe rebooted he came home to find his wife who told him from her POV they had always lived on the new earth with the other DC heroes.

Simply killing off characters from other Earths just seems lazy. They should be used as a way of explaining the change the crisis brings.

As Eric already said at SDCC, they’ll still be dealing with it even after the crossover.
Old 07-31-2019, 10:46 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Maybe not. But I don’t see any reason why Jay wouldn’t become part of the rebooted Earth’s history, like he did in the comics.

Before he was the Flash of Earth 2. But after the universe rebooted he came home to find his wife who told him from her POV they had always lived on the new earth with the other DC heroes.

Simply killing off characters from other Earths just seems lazy. They should be used as a way of explaining the change the crisis brings.

As Eric already said at SDCC, they’ll still be dealing with it even after the crossover.

Please answer me a question, see if my reasoning is correct, if it is logical:
If the multiverse merges, the general population on Earth will not be affected and will not realize what happened, but only who was involved in the events (Team Flash, Team Arrow, Team Legends, Team Supergirl, Team Batgirl and others involved) will know what happened and have memories before the merger.

Am I right or wrong?

The Rogue Prince
Old 08-01-2019, 08:39 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarice83 (View Post)
If the multiverse merges, the general population on Earth will not be affected and will not realize what happened, but only who was involved in the events (Team Flash, Team Arrow, Team Legends, Team Supergirl, Team Batgirl and others involved) will know what happened and have memories before the merger.

Am I right or wrong?
Well, I'm assuming they will do so in the Arrowverse, but in the Comics, the heros lost all memory from the Crisis, or, at least, the survivals did. Only the survivals from Parallel universes retained their memories from it all, as was the case with Golden Age Superman (know as Earth 2 Superman), Gloden Age Lois Lane, Superboy Prime and Alexander Luthor.

I'm not even sure if PowerGirl (Earth 2 Kara Zor-L) remembered them, even though she survived Crisis... I only remembered she did mourn both Earth-2 Superman and Earth-2 Lois, who raised her as their own. What I don't remembered is if she had always remembered them, or if she only remembered them *after* the multiverse was restored.
Old 08-01-2019, 09:24 AM
Elite Fan

It’s actually kinda heartbreaking for the ones who survived the fight with the anti-monitor, but then found out they weren’t made part of the new earth’s continuity. Especially E2 Superman when he thinks his Lois is gone forever.

Makes me kinda feel sorry for E2 Barry and Iris. Their chances of surviving are very slim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarice83 (View Post)
Quite possibly. Also, it wouldn’t be the entire multiverse. Just the few remaining Earths the anti-monitor hasn’t been able to destroy yet.

Last edited by scififan2009; 08-01-2019 at 09:46 AM
Old 08-02-2019, 05:19 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the discussion.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread