Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2019, 05:16 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)
It's a shame because outside of Barry and Iris. He's the only character (aside from Wally) that I hoped would be allowed to flourish but it never happened.
He's my third favorite character. The one who made the STAR Labs focus bearable. Everyone not named Barry Allen or Iris West-Allen should leave before Cisco

If he leaves, I at least hope they won't replace him with another scientist/meta. Because that would be even worse.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:10 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Spoilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireQueen (View Post)
He's my third favorite character. The one who made the STAR Labs focus bearable. Everyone not named Barry Allen or Iris West-Allen should leave before Cisco

If he leaves, I at least hope they won't replace him with another scientist/meta. Because that would be even worse.
It's a shame but to be honest they haven't given him anything to do for so long. Going well into S3. His storyline revolved around Caitlin. Then in S4 - I can't even remember what his arc was about.

No more metas or scientists. The show has had enough. I hope they keep Kamila (the photographer) around. Bring back Linda? Doubtful.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:20 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
It's a shame but to be honest they haven't given him anything to do for so long. Going well into S3. His storyline revolved around Caitlin. Then in S4 - I can't even remember what his arc was about.

No more metas or scientists. The show has had enough. I hope they keep Kamila (the photographer) around. Bring back Linda? Doubtful.
I think Kamila is only around to be Cisco "happy ending". He said he wanted a normal life, and I think she is supposed to be his 'normal life'.

At least they are not killing him as they did with Eddie and Ronnie. For as long as he is alive, we can hope for him to come back and visit. Who knows? He might even sign some deal to return for some episodes during the season...
lianamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:53 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Spoilers

Meh. What's the point in visits? Does Wally ever swing by? On a show like Flash which never does anything remotely interesting. I'd prefer a death.

I thought Kamila would join CCC but probably not. He's gonna settle down with a random in less than 12 episodes? Oh boy. Let him go be with Cynthia on Earth-19. Cisco deserves at least one good thing.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:47 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Meh. What's the point in visits? Does Wally ever swing by? On a show like Flash which never does anything remotely interesting. I'd prefer a death.

I thought Kamila would join CCC but probably not. He's gonna settle down with a random in less than 12 episodes? Oh boy. Let him go be with Cynthia on Earth-19. Cisco deserves at least one good thing.
Would she want to be with him if he gave up his powers, though? I've always felt him being "Vibe" was part of her attraction to him in the first place.
lianamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:23 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Spoilers

I'm hoping he realizes he was talking crazy and takes the Breacher job with Cynthia.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I'm hoping he realizes he was talking crazy and takes the Breacher job with Cynthia.
If he indeed leaves, it would be the best outcome for the character.
I'm pretty certain he'll have a change of heart about not wanting his powers anyway.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:35 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Spoilers

That's what we can hope but you know Arrowverse writers.
Old 02-11-2019, 02:50 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I thought Kamila would join CCC but probably not.
It's too good to be true. IMO they won't go anywhere with Iris' journalism if they don't add characters that can work with her. Everyone working at STAR Labs is the reason why they won't leave that basement. At least she has her own set now.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:47 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Spoilers

Always is. Agreed on that. The show is going to end in the basement. I swear.

Don't forget to let me know if tonight's episode is any good. Grant's meant to be on his honeymoon during this one. So not much Bear.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:53 AM
Supreme Fan

I won't watch

Excuse me the bluntness but imagine being engaged 84 years only to do everything at the last minute and get married in the middle of filming But then between Ralph and Nora the writers have stopped caring about Barry somewhere in the middle of s4 so?

I'll check reactions. Maybe there will be some good surprises
Old 02-12-2019, 12:24 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Spoilers

I didn't understand that either since I've never seen it happen on any other show I've watched.

ICAM. They don't care about him. At all. Wonder who S6 will be about? :lol

I doubt there will be any surprises lol.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:18 PM
Elite Fan

It would be a shame to lose Cisco. And won’t be the same without him. He Barry and Caitlin have been in this together from the start.

Although, this could explain why Nora said it was Ryan Choi who made the new Flash suit and the ring in the future.
"I was very pleased that the happy ending involved what seems to be a more peaceful lifestyle with someone who loved and respects her, who she loves and respects back, and the fact that there was life created out of that I think is a really beautiful thing.”
- Jennifer Morrison on Emma Swan’s happy ending
scififan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:28 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireQueen (View Post)
I won't watch

Excuse me the bluntness but imagine being engaged 84 years only to do everything at the last minute and get married in the middle of filming But then between Ralph and Nora the writers have stopped caring about Barry somewhere in the middle of s4 so?

I'll check reactions. Maybe there will be some good surprises
I TOTALLY agree! wtf? he could have done this on hiatus! he actively disrupted his own show, which he clearly doesn't care anything about anymore. and with the way he's been sleepwalking through this season the last thing he deserves from the producers is extra time off.

i can't even look at him without seeing a world class douchebag these days. it's ever since the crossover, tbh. i started watching the show because i thought he was very appealing- sweet, innocent, adorable. now i look at him and i see Stephen Amell Jr, a completely selfish ****. a privileged white boy douche. it's such a shame the way success has corrupted him.

i might be quitting the show. every episode has been a complete waste of time since the crossover at least. i do not understand why Nora is now the lead character.

Last edited by SuitUp; 02-13-2019 at 08:58 AM Reason: Profanity
scarletspuffyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 02:41 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletspuffyfan (View Post)
i might be quitting the show. every episode has been a complete waste of time since the crossover at least. i do not understand why Nora is now the lead character.
Understandable I didn't watch but my Twitter timeline HATED the episode too This season is so disappointing. Do these people even know they can use the comics if they are out of ideas?

As for Grant, I never saw him as this pure, innocent person you make him out to be. He has always had his flaws. If said flaws got exacerbated by time/fame/money/people he sorrounds himself with, that comes down to personal opinion But back to the episode, this was another Barry-lite episode in a season that badly sidelined Barry. I think the timing of the wedding was odd but let's not pretend the other episodes did Barry justice and this one was the exception. This episode was the rule I can't blame it on Grant.

I think as an actor Grant tends to be in touch with his character. If he doesn't feel the material, it reflects in his performance. What you see as him "sleepwalking" I see as the writers not giving him much to work with. Barry has no story. He's had no story since that watered down version of the Trial of the Flash. He gets some good scenes here and there but no real arc. I am not Grant so I won't pretend to know what he's thinking but imagine loving a character and watching said character's stories/smarts get outsourced to other people and it getting WORSE year after year. Grant was excited for this season and to be fair, the premiere was Barry's best episode. It went downhill after that. A season planned around WestAllen child with little to no heart. Make it make sense At least in s4 one could blame it on the fact that Ralph was a "rival" turned friend so the emotional impact was lessened but what's their excuse for wasting Nora like this?

This show needs a BTS shake-up. They need people who can really recapture on a consistent basis what made us fall in love with these characters and the show.

What are we thinking? Did they cut it?
Reply   Post New Thread