Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2018, 09:39 AM
Extreme Fan

I always said it was a matter of writing. He was already improving by the end of last season. And yes, I do agree it was due to a certain producer leaving the show.

There was no reason for Ralph to be that hated. The actor is a very nice guy, and Elongated Man is a beloved character. Honestly, they only needed to write him a little closer to whom he was supposed to be.

For me, the character I can’t stand this season is Sherloque. Ugh! Am I the only one annoyed by him?
Old 11-22-2018, 10:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
I agree! I've been liking him this season so far.

Pretty sure this turnaround has something to do with a certain showrunner no longer working on the show .
150%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianamed (View Post)
I always said it was a matter of writing. He was already improving by the end of last season. And yes, I do agree it was due to a certain producer leaving the show.

There was no reason for Ralph to be that hated. The actor is a very nice guy, and Elongated Man is a beloved character. Honestly, they only needed to write him a little closer to whom he was supposed to be.

For me, the character I can’t stand this season is Sherloque. Ugh! Am I the only one annoyed by him?
I get why he was hated last season. It was never about Hartley. I'm certain no fans have issues with him as a person just Ralph. AJK wrote him like trash with his comments about women. First scene he's groping his client but those days are behind him. If anything it shows Hartley is a good actor because he REALLY played Ralph how he was written last season but now it's like a whole new person. Good job writers. His team up with Cecile was nice.

I started liking him when he made that E1 and E2 diagram and told that joke, "I thought he was from Earth TOO." Humor without debasing women or being so forced.

With Sherloque - I feel like I've developed a tolerance to these pointless Wells versions because the show insists on never putting a stop to it.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 11-22-2018, 10:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

I loved that Earth Too joke! Lol!
"When I created Buffy, I wanted to create a female icon, but I also wanted to be very careful to surround her with men that not only have no problem with the idea of a female leader, but were in fact engaged and even attracted to the idea." - Joss Whedon
Old 11-22-2018, 12:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellielover19 (View Post)
I loved that Earth Too joke! Lol!
It was good.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 11-23-2018, 03:06 AM
Elite Fan

I wouldn’t mind seeing more of Cecile and her war face.
Old 11-23-2018, 04:01 AM
Supreme Fan

I'd like to think s4 never existed because there's something endearing about Ralph and Hartley's performance this season.

Sherloque is annoying and Tom needs to fix that accent because too many times I don't understand what he's saying but as long as he doesn't hog screen time and doesn't sideline the other investigators I can tolerate him.
Old 11-23-2018, 09:53 AM
Master Fan

You got it in one. It's very endearing. It's so pleasantly surprising.

Thankfully he hasn't so far. Hope it stays that wat.
Philanthropist.

Old 11-23-2018, 02:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireQueen (View Post)
I'd like to think s4 never existed because there's something endearing about Ralph and Hartley's performance this season.

Sherloque is annoying and Tom needs to fix that accent because too many times I don't understand what he's saying but as long as he doesn't hog screen time and doesn't sideline the other investigators I can tolerate him.
I agree, and I say that as someone who loves Tom. Does anyone remember Ed? I have loved him since then. In fact I was nervous to start The Flash when I heard that he was the reverse flash. I didn't want to see him as the villain. But he is quite annoying and unnecessary at this point.
Old 11-23-2018, 07:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatB (View Post)
Does anyone remember Ed?
I remember this scene.

He should have tried calling Barry.

Last edited by scififan2009; 11-23-2018 at 08:29 PM
Old 11-24-2018, 06:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
I remember this scene.

He should have tried calling Barry.
I think you are right.

I do not remember that scene at all. What episode was that? I am guessing seasons one or two. I know three and four a lot more.

Does anyone have an idea as to why Nora sees Barry dead, like Iris with Savatar? Do you think it's a dream? Perhaps her unchecked anxiety, causes her to have nightmares.

I am also really curious about what Barry doesn't want Nora to see in the past and whether or not, they run into his parents.
Old 11-24-2018, 06:39 AM
Elite Fan

this week’s episode or the 100th?
Old 11-24-2018, 09:53 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
this week’s episode or the 100th?
This weeks episode promo shows Nora over Barry's lifeless body. I also talked about the 100 when they have to time travel to get stuff to battle against Cicada.
Old 11-25-2018, 05:16 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatB (View Post)
I am also really curious about what Barry doesn't want Nora to see in the past and whether or not, they run into his parents.
I think he doesn’t want her to see his mistakes, or, possibly, he might be afraid Thawne learns about Nora’s identity. He hates Barry and if he finds out Barry fathered a daughter with his powers, he might go after her as well. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if the events of the 100th are the reason why Iris supressed Nora’s powers in the future. After all, Eobard already knows about Barry and Iris, but he might not know their child is a speedster.

Clearly, The Reverse Flash never went after Iris or Nora in the future, but he might do it, if he finds out Nora is a speedster. So, because he might meet XS, and decide to find her, I could see both Iris and Barry deciding to keep their daughter while she was still too young to face him. By keeping her “normal”, Eobard wouldn’t find her before she was ready. Maybe Future Iris even knew Nora would go to the past and train with Barry.
Old 11-25-2018, 05:25 AM
Master Fan

So you don’t think that the RF isn’t pretending to be Nora’s friend in the future, who told her she was a speedster and helped her time travel? Someone had to. A new speedster wouldn’t have known how to travel to a specific time. She wouldn’t have even known that was possible, unless that was in the Flash museum. But she would have needed help.
Old 11-25-2018, 06:18 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianamed (View Post)

Clearly, The Reverse Flash never went after Iris or Nora in the future
I don't think it's clear at all .