Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2018, 10:09 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianamed (View Post)
Actually she is going to be a regular.

Jessica Parker Kennedy will be a regular on the Flash.

The Flash: Jessica Parker Kennedy Will Be a Series Regular for Season 5

I don't remember The Flash ever having that many regulars before...
Yeah, it's the first time. The cast is really super crowded.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:10 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Actually she is going to be a regular.

Jessica Parker Kennedy will be a regular on the Flash.

The Flash: Jessica Parker Kennedy Will Be a Series Regular for Season 5

I don't remember The Flash ever having that many regulars before...
Good to know. Thanks.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:46 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrenda182 (View Post)
....the more people you have to pay as a regular....the less $$ for locations/sets...I’m sad (though she is not the regular I’d cut lol)
You're right. So 37 minutes per episode at STAR Labs?

I'm happy about Jessica because it shows TPTB are invested in that story but I wish some people were demoted to recurring.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:52 AM
Elite Fan

They could just have Cicada be a guy in a mask. Then they don’t have to pay the actor.

Last edited by scififan2009; 06-18-2018 at 12:38 PM
Old 06-18-2018, 12:36 PM
Loyal Fan

yeah, I'm concerned about the number of regulars. i feel like it just means bigger crowds squeezed into Star Labs with dialogue cut for each person so everyone gets one line.

and tbh, there's no reason for us to see Cecile a lot more than we did last season, for example.

Hartley and JPK, i sort of expected to be bumped up, but with Nora, I also wasn't sure we'd necessarily see her every episode.

it could be that "regular" doesn't mean every episode, though. if it does, then i can't see how people aren't going to be shafted. esp with a new villain and also Sue coming in.
Old 06-18-2018, 12:38 PM
Elite Fan

Maybe the new Wells won’t be as involved with the team as Harry was.
Old 06-18-2018, 12:51 PM
Loyal Fan

yeah, that's possible.

actually i'm wondering if this could mean reduced screentime for both Jesse L. Martin and Tom Cavanagh.

i think JLM's time was reduced this season as it was (esp in the second half it seemed like). and with a new Wells being not part of the team, he could be there less.

we wouldn't know, because they wouldn't take either of them out of the credits due to their seniority positions.
Old 06-18-2018, 01:05 PM
Master Fan

The news about Jessica is great!

I'd be more than okay with less Wells. If the spoilers about him being some military commander working with that Ealing (?) guy from S1. That would be cool. The only reason I ever want to see less of him is because the Lab is crowded and I want Barry to use his science skills instead of Wells and Cisco doing it for him.

Joe was somewhat a background player this seaosn.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 06-19-2018, 08:57 AM
Extreme Fan

I think there are too many regulars right now. It makes you wonder if someone from the cast is about to either die during the season or become just a recurring.

I mean, we lost one full time cast member and got 3? It's too much. I'm wainting for an anouncement about someone leaving or recurring.

Characters I could see as recurring: Caitlin and Wells. If those leaked spoilers are true, it seems Caitlin might be too involved with her personal life to give the team as much attention as she used to. I could see her famlily plot as an excuse to downgrade her to recurring. The new Wells also looks like someone that could be a recurring character, but I will admit they downgrading Tom to recurring would only happen if he asked to, and he always seems to have so much fun with his character I don't see that happening.

I'm almost scared to say it, but it seems to me they are using Joe less and less, and I'm scared that could mean killing him in the near future or having him just as recurring. There was no reason for them to make Cecille a regular unless they are planning something big with the West familly, and that can't be "raising a baby".
Old 06-19-2018, 04:28 PM
Loyal Fan

What I think is that making Cecile and Nora regulars does not mean they'll be in every episode, if we're going to to compare, in Arrow last season Willa (Thea) and Katie (Laurel, Black Siren) were part of the regular cast, but did not show up in all episodes, but had contracts as regular.
This in terms, I believe, is to ensure that the actresses are available to the staff without the worry of losing them, since they could be called for another job.
This I believe is the case of Cecile and Nora and perhaps Ralph, it is not that they are now regulars that this equals to be in every episode.
I think Caitlin, Cisco and Wells, as bad as their stories in season 4 were, they were in all episodes and I believe that mainly Caitlin and Cisco have in season 5 a bigger and better participation to compensate what they did not have in the season 4 (I hope so).

The Rogue Prince
Old 06-19-2018, 04:29 PM
Total Fan

I think "regular cast member" just means you have to be available to film a certain number of episodes for the season rather than be in every episode (and also to prevent someone from ditching the show in the middle of a storyline like Robbie Amell did). Mehcad Brooks is a regular on Supergirl and there were whole episodes without him.
Old 06-20-2018, 01:06 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Joe less and less, and I'm scared that could mean killing him in the near future or having him just as recurring. There was no reason for them to make Cecille a regular unless they are planning something big with the West familly, and that can't be "raising a baby".
I don't see them killing Joe but he was under utilized.

I second what has already been said, series regular just equals availability. Wally was a regular in Season 3 and didn't have much of a storyline.

Cisco, Caitlin and Wells are unfortunate furniture even when it would be best for them to sit out episodes because it's just exposition. They are there.
Old 06-20-2018, 12:38 PM
Extreme Fan

The Flash Season 5 Premiere Date Announced | FlashTVNews

Officially confirmed: Season 5 will premiere on October 9th

Does this mean the 100th episode will be separate from the crossover?

I've always been Iris West-Allen. I've always been yours.
Old 06-20-2018, 12:44 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyO (View Post)
The Flash Season 5 Premiere Date Announced | FlashTVNews

Officially confirmed: Season 5 will premiere on October 9th

Does this mean the 100th episode will be separate from the crossover?
Don't think so. the 100th is going to fall on episode 8, which is likely going to air December 4th (the show will be off on Election Day). pretty sure that's the intended week for the crossover still.
Old 06-20-2018, 01:11 PM
Supreme Fan

I must be the only one who doesn't care that the 100th episode is going to be a part of the big crossover. They were always going to do The Most for the 100th, which means that episode was always going to be a mess. I expected at least a mini crossover with Felicity and Oliver

Basically, I'd rather have only one overhyped but disappointing episode than two overhyped and disappointing episodes in a row.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread