Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ Thanks for the new stuff!
Old 04-23-2018, 04:42 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for this.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 04-23-2018, 06:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks. I'm not interested in any of those people coming back, tbh.

i feel like the only thing i'm interested in at this point is the Dawn character (if that's who she is).

and i would be interested in any WestAllen, but it seems to me like the show's not interested in them as a couple since they got married. they've completely ignored them, we never see the as a couple, we don't even see their house anymore.

they just stand around in Star Labs like everyone else.
Old 04-23-2018, 09:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for the pix and goodies!
Old 04-24-2018, 02:44 AM
Supreme Fan

Siren-X could have been a regular criminal. There was no need to bring the Nazi stuff into it again

Old 04-24-2018, 09:23 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Thanks for the sneak peek
Old 04-24-2018, 10:30 AM
Supreme Fan

You are welcome

Old 04-24-2018, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Daaang, such a let down season. And they were so good back in the days.
Old 04-24-2018, 02:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Sometimes if you dislike a character enough they do magically go away Good riddance, Ralphy.

Quote:
So for the most part, we've probably seen the end of Hartley.

Yes. There's one little thing that DeVoe does to taunt Barry, but that's all I'll say. And you know, Hartley Sawyer is so amazing, and you know ... But it's like, you gotta stick with the plan. This was something that we plotted out a year ago [and] we explained Hartley exactly what his journey was gonna be.

I've always been Iris West-Allen. I've always been yours.
Old 04-24-2018, 02:48 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
As the battle to bring down Clifford DeVoe (Neil Sandilands) races towards a major turn, the bodies have been falling on The Flash.

Last week, we saw DeVoe's baddie, The Thinker, ice Caitlin's inner-Killer Frost using a power he absorbed from Melting Point before taking over the physical body of Ralph Dibney (Hartley Sawyer). Those who have previously been inhabited by the mad genius' increasingly elevated consciousness have all died from the invasion. So it looks like Ralph's sacrifice to save his teammates from DeVoe's assault on S.T.A.R. Labs was both his final act and his most heroic.

Here, executive producer Todd Helbing explains the end of Sawyer's Elongated Man and what his death will mean to Team Flash.

OK, I have a two-fold concern. First, let's talk about Killer Frost...

Todd Helbing: Okay.

We've gotten Killer Frost back before, but is this a permanent situation? Are we done with her?

Well, we'll see. You know, right when they got to this place where they could interact and be cool with each other, she's gone. And you know Caitlin [Danielle Panabaker] misses her. So she's gonna try to figure out how to get her back scientifically, if that's even possible. Maybe there's an emotional component to it. And she'll seek the help of Doctor Finkel [Barry and Iris' shrink, played by Donna Pescow] at one point. And yeah, at the end of the season, we sort of explain that as far as how she works within Caitlin, Killer Frost isn't quite as simple as everybody thought.

Good, because we love how much fun Danielle has as Killer Frost.

Yeah and so does Danielle, you know? And so do all of us! [Laughs] You know, Caitlin Snow is very much a scientist and things need to make sense to her. So there is part of it where it's like, 'Oh yes, when you spike your adrenaline, this happens, this is the result.' But it's not quite that simple. And so, as she goes on this journey to figure out exactly what causes her, she gets this answer that she wasn't expecting.

And does she have the support of the rest of the team to go kind of searching for this?

She does, but at first she's kind of taking this all on by herself. It's very much with the theme of the season — 'We are the Flash' — she realizes that she's gonna need the help of other people. She reaches out to Joe [Jesse L. Martin], she reaches out to Cisco [Carlos Valdes], and it's really the team that is gonna help her.

Sweet! And now Ralph.

Yeah.

Come on.

I know. [Laughs]

Is Ralph dead dead?

Ralph's... he's gone. Look, the journey that we wanted to take Barry on was very much [this]. He felt responsible for this guy and he brought him into the team. And even when he was in jail, the team was helping Ralph become a hero. And then Barry trains him and it has this impact on him that changes his sort of philosophy on how to stop villains moving forward — particularly the Thinker. And like I was talking about with Caitlin, it's very much a matter of Barry shouldering these problems himself in all the seasons up to this point.

This season has been like, 'I can't do this all the time by myself.' Nor should he have to! He has Vibe, he has Killer Frost, he has Iris and Joe and the super smart Harry Wells. So he has other people he can rely on and they're a team. But Barry needed to have this big loss in order for him to fully come around to 'We can do this together, we can try to stop DeVoe together.'

Will this get Barry out of that headspace of thinking he has to do it all by himself going forward?

Yeah, absolutely. Last season in the finale, he made the decision by himself to save Central City and the world by going into the Speed Force. He doesn't make decisions like that anymore. He consults with the team, he needs everybody on board and that's how they act moving forward.

Will DeVoe stay in Ralph's body? Because that will bring a new emotional level to the battle they'll have to do.

Oh yeah. As you saw in episode 18, that was all part of DeVoe's plan. Ralph Dibny's body is the only one that can sustain his mind. So yeah, he needed that body and like he said, it had an ancillary benefit. He could fully return to form. So this whole thing that you saw with his wife Marlize (Kim Engelbrecht), you know, he was using these drugs to keep her in love with him because he knew how strange that was gonna be with him inhabiting other bodies. Now the two of them are back, but as you noted, the emotional component of DeVoe has become less and less and less. That is really the big challenge on the DeVoe side... Marlize realizing that her husband is pretty much gone to her forever.

So for the most part, we've probably seen the end of Hartley.

Yes. There's one little thing that DeVoe does to taunt Barry, but that's all I'll say. And you know, Hartley Sawyer is so amazing, and you know ... But it's like, you gotta stick with the plan. This was something that we plotted out a year ago [and] we explained Hartley exactly what his journey was gonna be.

And how is the rest of the team affected by it? This is really the first time they've lost a teammate.

That's exactly what we wanted to [play]. They all feel different levels of responsibility — Barry the most because he's trained somebody who died on his watch. It's all about how you overcome a loss like that, how do you let that fuel you, and also, what Barry learns is he's not the only one dealing with that grief. You know, there's a future episode where it all comes to a head.

I think sometimes on network shows there's the sort of instinct to wrap these things up, but we made a conscious effort to spend multiple episodes [dealing with this]. It factors into the rest of the season. It's not just, oh, he dies in Episode 18 and that's the story and then they move on. It takes a while.
(x)

I am DISGUSTED that they are turning "We are the Flash" into a Team Flash thing. Candice has suffered months of harassment for that line, haters have made Iris into a VILLAIN for uttering those four words and it was all for nothing??

Months of baseless hatred only so the team could take it away from Westallen

At least Ralph is gone

Old 04-24-2018, 04:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyO (View Post)
Sometimes if you dislike a character enough they do magically go away Good riddance, Ralphy.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:30 AM
Loyal Fan

LMAO! Ralph and Mon El kicking rocks.
One day I'll know, how far I'll go
Old 04-25-2018, 01:08 PM
Master Fan

Philanthropist.

Old 04-25-2018, 04:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

so yeah...how many times is Kilgore/Devoe gunna incapacitate Barry in his techy suit before HE ASKS CISCO TO CUT THAT **** OUT....other than that it looks entertaining
Old 04-25-2018, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
PRE-FINALE: Team Flash thus far has “come up short trying to stop The Thinker,” notes EP Todd Helbing. “But after losing Ralph, they will do whatever they can to stop him.” That includes enlisting Gypsy (on May 1), the villainous Amunet (May 8) and Arrow‘s Diggle (May 15) to lend a hand. Also during this stretch, a despondent Harry gets a pep talk from The Council of Harrisons (aka “an emo version of The Council of Wells”), while Caitlin will endeavor to reclaim her chill. “At the end of the season, everybody will sort of understand what happened to Killer Frost,” says Helbing, “and if there is a possibility to get her back.”

SEASON FINALE (MAY 22): Echoing this season’s theme, the finale’s “We Are the Flash” title means “Barry doesn’t have to carry the burden of this challenge on his own. It’s really a group effort.” As for the showdown itself — which Helbing describes as “Inception-like” — “The way they attack The Thinker is totally different from anything we’ve seen before in a finale.” Oh, and remember the Speed Force-fluent waitress first spied at the WestAllen wedding, and multiple times since? “Everyone will get an answer to who exactly The Mystery Girl is, and how she plays into not only this season but next season.”
X

Leigh Tumblr
Closed Thread   Post New Thread