Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2017, 04:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianamed (View Post)
Why are you saying Wally is missing? Was there some spoilers about him disappearing for a while?
Keiy has had a lot of time off. He was barely filming during 4x03, 4x04, 4x05. He went to Japan. Now he's nowhere on set during the Flash filming for the crossover.

So the speculation is they'll explain it as he's on Earth-2 with Jesse or something.
Old 10-07-2017, 04:15 PM
Loyal Fan

i think he might be there for at least one scene though.

he was hanging out with Candice and Caity Lotz on Thursday, so he was there this week.

i wonder if they filmed the wedding scene this week, with everyone.
Old 10-07-2017, 09:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
CW'S SUPERHEROES RETURN! HOW ARROW, FLASH, SUPERGIRL, AND LEGENDS WILL SAVE THE DAY IN 2017
THE SHOWRUNNERS FROM THE CW'S FOUR SUPERHERO SHOWS TEASE THEIR MAJOR FOUR-PART CROSSOVER, NEW VILLAINS, MARRIAGE, AND MORE.

The CW’s superheroes will each have some potentially world-destroying problems to deal with when the four series — Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow — return over the next week.

On the sixth season of Arrow, not everyone will make it off Lian Yu alive. In season 4 of The Flash, Barry will have been gone from Central City for six months after appeasing the speedforce to save Iris’ live. On Supergirl season 3, Kara will have to come to terms with the major sacrifice she made to save Earth. And on the third season of Legends of Tomorrow, the team will be forced to fix the anachronisms and aberrations they caused when they visited a time to which they’d already traveled before.

Rotten Tomatoes spoke with the executive producers from each of the DC series about how their superheroes will save the day, which villains they’ll have to overcome this season, and new cast members, including genre favorites such as Smallville vet Erica Durance, Lost‘s Michael Emerson, Heroes star Adrian Pasdar and more.

THE FLASH
Premieres: Tuesday, Oct. 10 at 8 p.m.
Stars: Grant Gustin, Candice Patton, Danielle Panabaker, Carlos Valdes, Tom Cavanagh, Jesse L. Martin

Rotten Tomatoes: How much time has passed when we catch up with Team Flash in the premiere?
Todd Helbing: When we start season 4, it’s six months later, so Barry’s been gone for six months now and the team has been adjusting as much as they can. Iris has stepped up, she’s the team leader. Cisco and Wally are out as Kid Flash and Vibe, taking down all the metahumans or the humans or just the everyday Central City robberies that happen. They’re protecting the Central City Bank that gets robbed like every other month, and they’ve been working with Joe and CCPD. So it’s nice, this new dynamic, but when Barry eventually does come back, there’s a lot of adjustments that happen.

How long until we find out about this year’s big bad?
Along with all the other shifts that we made this year, we’re pretty into just not necessarily showing all of our hands, but you know pretty quickly we’re not hiding as much as we have in the past.

How is Iris as a leader in Barry’s absence, especially after being a victim all last season?
Last year from episode 9 on, she was in this defensive position and not only did that become problematic story-wise and how to keep up that tension for 13 episodes, but I think as a character, it was hard for Candice to play that. So we really wanted to do a nice shift. We wanted to do a lot of shifts on this show, but to make her more proactive this year and from what we’ve seen with Candice, she really shines like she never has before. It’s fantastic to see her in this authority position. So having her as the team leader and driving these missions, it’s been a lot of fun. She’s a phenomenal actress and I think what we’re giving her this year, she’s really taking it and redefining her role. It’s great.

This season’s big bad is The Thinker. There’s mind control involved with this guy, yes?

Like always, we take the villains and put them through our Flash television blender. It’s not that we fully reimagine every single one of these guys or girls, but we certainly give them powers that we think fit better organically in our show. So we’ve done the same thing with DeVoe here. It’s not so much mind control as it is just he is the ultimate chess master. There’s some metahuman capabilities on top of his thinking capacity, but I can’t spoil it for you.

At the end of last season Iris was ready to marry Barry and then Barry went and sacrificed himself again. But we’re still seeing a wedding, right?

When he comes back, he has to make up for that time that he was gone and emotionally they have to get back to where they were, so that’s going to take some time. There’s the path for these two that we’ve been building since season one. The relationship is going to eventually take the next step.

At the end of last season, Caitlin was still figuring out how to embrace her meta powers and she declined the cure. What is her journey going to be at the beginning of this season? Is she still learning to embrace the Frost?
Well, much like everybody else on the team, she had her own journey that happened in those six months, so when we see her come back to the team, she has a lot of explaining to them to do to show why and how she is Caitlin Snow.

Which version of Wells will we see this season?
It’s Harry. You’ll see Harry quite a bit, but it’s not exactly the same Harry. I’ll just say you’re going to see different versions of him as well.

How are Wally as The Flash and Cisco as Vibe fighting the metas in Barry’s absence?
Everybody has taken a step forward to collectively fill Barry’s shoes when he’s gone, so Vibe is out there in the field a lot more than he was previously. Over the last couple seasons, he’s been hesitant to go out in the field, but when you see him, he’s not so hesitant anymore. It’s also nice with Wally because he’s not just the only speedster. He’s the leader of the superhero contingent, I would say, with Team Flash.
Source: X

King and Lady of Winterfell

Last edited by Clarice83; 10-07-2017 at 09:40 PM
Old 10-07-2017, 11:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the latest info.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:36 AM
Extreme Fan

If Keiynan Lonsdale will be missing, how will the show explain Tom Cavanagh's continuing presence?
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 10-08-2017, 01:29 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
If Keiynan Lonsdale will be missing, how will the show explain Tom Cavanagh's continuing presence?
Nepotism.
One day I'll know, how far I'll go
Old 10-08-2017, 06:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks for the new stuff.
Old 10-09-2017, 11:44 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
The Flash cast teases Barry's return from the Speed Force

Grant Gustin, Candice Patton, and more hint at what’s in store for season 4

Spoiler alert: Barry Allen will return from the Speed Force when The Flash returns on Tuesday. For him, the trip has gone by in the blink of an eye, but for the rest of Team Flash, the last six months have been, well, tough.

In Barry’s absence, Iris (Candice Patton) has become the new leader of Team Flash as they’ve struggled to stay afloat over the past six months. “There’s a lack of confidence for sure in the team, but they’re doing the best they possibly can,” Patton says, explaining that Iris has set aside her heartbreak for the good of the group. “She’s devastated that Barry’s gone.”

But it’s actually a lack of that emotion that has many on the team a little concerned. “Joe is really, really worried about Iris and thinks that she has taken this too easily,” Jesse L. Martin says. “That doesn’t sit right with him; something’s not right. If she’s just accepting this, then something’s not right. He’s trying to encourage her to express herself.”

When a new foe threatens Central City, the team must move forward with their plans to get Barry out of the Speed Force — something not everyone agrees on. “Cisco, being the technology genius god that he is, always has a trick up his sleeve,” Carlos Valdes says. “So as far as Barry being trapped in the Speed Force is concerned, he definitely has a plan for that. The thing that he struggles with the most in the episode is Iris’s wishes. Her M.O. is more along the lines of accepting the fate that was handed to her, accepting that Barry is gone, and willing the team to move on. However, there is a strong part of him that wishes Barry were back. Iris, as the leader of the team, has her leadership challenged by Cisco. Cisco is the main proponent of getting Barry back. He is the one who believes in the team’s ability to get him back from the Speed Force, and his confidence and his optimism is in sharp contrast to Iris’s fatalism.”

The team is, of course, able to get him back. But when Barry does return, he’s scrambled, forcing everyone to rally around him. “Barry comes back from the Speed Force, and he’s a madman,” Valdes says. “He’s spouting all these crazy, nonsense words and dialogue that just doesn’t make any sense, and it’s all chopped up from different semblances of conversations. As far as the team’s skill set is concerned, there’s nothing that they can do about this, so episode 1 is basically just about figuring out how to get the Barry that they know and love back. They get him in the physical form, but he’s not the same.”

Once Barry is back in action, Gustin stresses that despite small hurdles ahead — like Barry and Iris landing in couples therapy — the duo are really a solid couple this season, which is not surprising considering the upcoming four-way crossover will feature their nuptials. “We do fall right back into wedding planning,” Gustin says. “It’s all good in Barry and Iris land right now. He feels confident in moving forward with the wedding. It’s been fun for me just because it’s back to the optimistic guy that we all got to know Barry as, that he lost a little bit the last couple years.”

That’s all part and parcel of the show leaning back toward its season 1 roots in tone. “The producers and writers are pretty hands-on this season about changing the tone of the show and getting back to a lot of the humor that we had in season 1,” Patton says. “I’ll even venture to say that there’s way more than even season 1, just in terms of the lightheartedness and jokes and funny scenarios that happen on the show. It’s really fun. I know me and Grant have had a couple of those scenes where it’s just been him and I, and we’ve both gotten to really put our comedy chops on the line. I’ve spent three seasons crying so much, and I haven’t really gotten to do a lot of that lighthearted stuff, so it’s really fun. We’re trying to go back to this more lighthearted comic-book-y version of The Flash.”

While it’s quickly back to business as usual, Barry’s return does raise a number of questions, namely what this means for Wally (Keiynan Lonsdale), who has taken up the mantle of the Flash in his absence. Cisco also stepped up while Barry was gone, which means seeing more of Vibe in the field this season. “Along with that field experience comes a natural growth of power,” Valdes teases. “Much in the same way that Barry got more comfortable with his powers at the beginning of the show and during season 1, there’s definitely some growth in that respect — but honestly, most of Cisco’s growth is more personal than it is with regards to his powers.”

Along those lines, the premiere is not just about getting Barry back from the Speed Force. There’s also another wayward member of the team who has been MIA this summer: Caitlin Snow (Danielle Panabaker). “Cisco feels the loss of his best friend, and that’s not just accounting for Barry, it’s accounting for Caitlin as well,” Valdes says. “As far as the audience knows, Caitlin is nowhere to be found. However, there might be some surprises with regards to what Caitlin’s doing with her life when we pick up in season 4.”

Though details on Caitlin’s journey in season 4 have been scarce, Panabaker teases that we’ll see a much more withdrawn version of the character. “At the top of season 4, Caitlin has been apart from Team Flash for a good six months, she’s taken a different job, and she’s really focusing on other things when Cisco comes to try and recruit her to bring her back to Team Flash,” Panabaker says. “Caitlin is a little bit more reserved, at least at the top of the season. It’s not the Caitlin we’ve seen in past seasons. At this point, obviously she’s been through some traumatic things, particularly the loss of her husband, but this one’s different; this one has affected her in a very specific way, and in a much more internal way.”

The Flash returns Tuesday at 8 p.m. ET on the CW.
The Flash cast teases Barry's return from the Speed Force
Old 10-09-2017, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the latest.

Old 10-09-2017, 12:56 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Spoilers
Candice Patton

Exclusive Scoop On The Flash Season 4 Premiere

Last edited by SuitUp; 10-09-2017 at 01:02 PM
Old 10-09-2017, 01:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Exclusive Scoop on THE FLASH Season 4 Premiere

We’ve felt a bit like Barry Allen trapped in the speedforce waiting for season 4 of The Flash to come around, but at last the end is in sight. The show returns on Oct. 10 and we couldn’t be happier. The premiere will give fans the opportunity to see how well Central City — and Team Flash — has been surviving without the scarlet speedster. However when a new villain arrives on the scene demanding to battle the Flash, Cisco, Joe, Wally and Iris realize their best efforts may not be good enough. And when Cisco reveals that he has been secretly working on a way to bring Barry home (of course he has), Iris is thrown into an emotional tailspin. Meanwhile, a repentant Caitlin privately offers to help Cisco in his plans. We’ve seen the premiere episode a little early, thanks to our friends at the CW, and have a number of teasers to share with you. As always, we avoid outright spoilers and plot point reveals that would ruin your enjoyment of the live event. That said, we urge you to proceed with caution anyway. You know the way these things are.

Quote:
The Flash Season 4 Won't be Quite so Depressing

Season 3 of The Flash was a bit of a downer, to say the least, but that's what happens when your super-powered future self turns evil and time travels into the past to kill your fiancee. Luckily, Season 4 sounds like it will bring back some of the lighthearted whimsy that launched the show in the first place.
When speaking with TV Guide, executive producer Todd Helbing promised more jokes and a speed-less villain for Season 4. Plus, he shared some dish on Barry (Grant Gustin) and Iris' (Candice Patton) journey to the altar in the four-way crossover with Arrow, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow!

When Barry returns, how long has he been gone and how has his time in the Speed Force affected him mentally and emotionally?
Todd Helbing: When we start the first episode, he's been gone for six months. When he comes out, he's not quite the same Barry that you saw go in. It sort of allowed him to deal with all of the baggage that he's been carrying around for the first three seasons. You get to see the sort of Season 1, fun-loving, 'I love being a speedster' Barry Allen, which is nice and fun to get back to.

You've said Season 4 won't be as dark as Season 3, so how did you guys go about lightening up the show?
Helbing: The first episode is probably the closest tonally to the past three seasons, and even that shifts a little bit. It really kicks off in Episode 2. Everything starts with Barry as far as his tone... When he sort of comes out and has let everything go, it certainly has a trickle down effect with the team. There's a lot of jokes, there's a lot of fun scenarios. We're really swinging for the fences as far as the fun factor is concerned.

How will the team react to Barry's return after saving Central City without him for 6 months?
Helbing: When he comes out, he just wants to be The Flash again, so he's happy to go take down the villains or go save the day by himself. He's very eager to do that. But Wally (Keiynan Lonsdale) is still part of the team, and Iris is in charge, and Vibe (Carlos Valdes) has been going out. They've been working as this unit without him for six months. So when somebody's gone and they come and they step into the leadership role, there's some bumps along the way and that's what happens. It's not a smooth transition, really, for anybody. So Barry starts to realize his decisions and how they're starting to affect the team. A lot of that plays out with his relationship with Iris.

Speaking of that relationship, we know we're getting a wedding in the crossover episode. What can you say about how Barry and Iris get to that point?
Helbing: Obviously they were engaged at the end of the season and they sent out the save the date cards, but there's a big gap in what has happened from that point when he left. So they really have to work on getting back to the place where they left off, and that's not something that happens overnight. It's going to take a few episodes to lead up to the point where they're both ready to say, "I do."

How does Killer Frost (Danielle Panabaker), who's also still Caitlin, factor into this season?
Helbing: Caitlin had to try to figure out who she was exactly. Was she Killer Frost? Was she Caitlin Snow? She kind of went on her own journey -- kind of like Barry went on his when he went into the Speed Force -- figuring out how to deal with this power that she has and that she doesn't really want to have. So when she comes back, she's definitely not the goody-two-shoes Caitlin that you've known and loved for three years. She's got a little bit more edge to her, I would say. And slowly you start to realize why exactly she's changed a little bit.

She's had such bad luck with romance the past three seasons. Is that anywhere on the horizon for her in Season 4 or is she taking time for herself?
Helbing: She's going to take some time for herself this year. I think dealing with the Killer Frost and the Caitlin Snow of it all, that's more than enough for her. She doesn't need a relationship on top of it.

We're also going to see Gypsy (Jessica Camacho) again, so what brings her back around? What's her relationship with Cisco looking like?
Helbing: Those two have steadily been dating for that six months and their relationship is blossoming, you could say. Like any relationship, it has its ups and downs and Cisco, in an early episode, kind of does something that rubs Gypsy the wrong way, which is kind of fun. And in an episode in the near future, you get to meet Gypsy's father, Breacher. That whole storyline is one of my favorites so far this season. It's hilarious.

What can you tease about The Thinker and how he'll be different from previous villains?
Helbing: Well, he's obviously not a speedster, so his methodology is completely different. He's really more of the long game villain, who is playing chess. What you see is exactly the pieces that he's playing with and where he puts them, and he's controlling the moves. He's sort of created the problem for Barry and simultaneously solving the problems he needs solved when he needs them. So it's a lot of fun, and it's probably the most psychological-based villain we've had so far on the show.

Poor H.R. (Tom Cavanaugh) is no more, so does this mean we get Harry back full time?
Helbing: Harry comes back, and there's a reason why he shows up. [There's a reason] why he's come back and why he'll be sticking around. He's a little gruff, so there's a lot of growth for him personality-wise, but it's Tom Cavanaugh, and seeing him play as many different versions of Wells is what we love. So there's a nice array of different Wellses you get to meet this year.

And what can you tease about the Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) crossover in Episode 5?
Helbing: She comes for a bachelorette party, and Iris and Felicity and Caitlin and Cecile have a night out on the town that does not go as most bachelorette parties go. They sort of get themselves in some interesting situations that they need to fight their way out of.

King and Lady of Winterfell

Last edited by Clarice83; 10-09-2017 at 01:41 PM
Old 10-09-2017, 01:15 PM
Loyal Fan

“We’re going to need more diapers”

Old 10-09-2017, 01:17 PM
Loyal Fan

awesome! i wonder if it's just a little nod, like the glimpse of him in prison in the speedforce in Season 1, or if they'll actually get to these storylines they're alluding to.

i'd love to see them have the twins.
Old 10-09-2017, 01:27 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Spoilers
Candice Patton

I can't wait to find out. Sounds like something Speedforce-like. Something from the future when Barry finds out they are going to have twins.

Man. I wish!
Old 10-09-2017, 01:30 PM
Loyal Fan

I hope we do see the twins like on Charmed with Piper with Wyatt. It would be awesome.

Look at all the articles being released. I'm skim reading because they are pretty much a play by play of Episode 1 lol.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread