Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2017, 05:25 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulContradiction (View Post)
Iris is always understanding over ever single decision Barry makes. It's about time she reacted. After three seasons of Barry himself being boohoo and needing EVERYONE to cheer him up and give him a pep talk. It's about time he did that for someone else, namely his future wife. It's not selfish to be hurt over the fact that your fiance disappeared for 6 months and didn't consult you on that decision.

Barry running back in time end of S2. Selfish. Barry staying in Flashpoint and making the timeline unstable. Selfish. Barry trying to run back in time again when he got called out for Flashpoint. Selfish.

Barry going back into the Speedforce to stabilize it was a near sighted decision. All brought about by his previous selfish decisions. Savitar wouldn't have existed if not for Barry. I'm glad that for once Iris angry about Barry. Hopefully it will get him to think more.

If he faced more consequences than being coddled it would do him good. Clearly the Speedforce will be a life lesson for him.
bull about Barry being selfish. clearly Barry's conversation with people before he did it went over your head. also stuff with the Barry having to get a pep talk one of the reason the writers suck, or even the comic themselves really sad when more people like the reverse flash and feel for him then the so called hero.

Last edited by hereforshorttime; 09-07-2017 at 05:31 AM
Old 09-07-2017, 05:37 AM
Master Fan

Barry creating Flashpoint was selfish. He didn't tell anyone what he was actually going to do. As a result Cisco's brother died, Caitlin developed Killer Frost powers, Iris' and Joe's relationship was fractured and Savitar was created. As Barry himself says, "I made a choice that affected the timeline." He altered it so he could save his mother. Also he stayed in Flashpoint for months which as Eobard Thawne messed with the original timeline so much. It almost made it non-existent.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:40 AM
Elite Fan

Well, at least for once the big bad can't be blamed on Barry. I'm sure he's not the reason for the thinker showing up.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:47 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Well, at least for once the big bad can't be blamed on Barry. I'm sure he's not the reason for the thinker showing up.
Hallelujah! It's better when it's him protecting the city from a bad guy who has a vendetta against the world/life and not him personally.

I agree with you guys that Iris will come round quickly, given the BP.

The question is where does Wally disappear to Keiynan has missed 2-3 episodes and is now in Japan?
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 09-07-2017, 06:35 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)
Hallelujah! It's better when it's him protecting the city from a bad guy who has a vendetta against the world/life and not him personally.

I agree with you guys that Iris will come round quickly, given the BP.

The question is where does Wally disappear to Keiynan has missed 2-3 episodes and is now in Japan?

I was wondering the same thing! I hope everything is ok and he is just taking a break or something.
Old 09-07-2017, 07:26 AM
Master Fan

I think that's probably the case. It could be either Keiynan asked to appear in less episodes or they just chose to put him in less.
Philanthropist.

Old 09-07-2017, 10:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Will Barry and Iris definitely get married this season on The Flash? — Micah
Good news: Yes. Bad news: “They are finally going to get married this season and then it’s going to be: Can they stay married with everything that’s coming up against them?” EP Andrew Kreisberg teases.
Spoiler Room: Scoop on Supergirl, Arrow, The Good Place and more

Quote:
"There's a lot of love in the air this season," previews executive producer Todd Helbing, likening Barry and Iris' eventual reunion to "somebody going off to war for six months and coming back. There's a lot that Iris experienced that Barry didn't when he was gone, and it's really [about] the fun and the emotional component of making up that time when they weren't together."

In the cross-Earth romance department, Wally and Jesse's relationship goes through an "evolution", while Cisco and Gyspy are "still together, and they're going to be for a while" (even though Jessica Camacho is now a series regular on NBC's Taken). And despite the Scarlet Speedster facing another worthy new foe, The Thinker (The 100's Neil Sandilands), and all that's he's been through recently, Helbing promises a less angst-ridden Barry, whose time in the Speed Force "let him deal with all of the baggage" from three seasons. "When he comes out he's sort of left that all behind." the EP says.
Philanthropist.

Old 09-07-2017, 10:39 AM
Loyal Fan

wait, what? they get them married only to divorce them right away?

that seems stupid. i wonder if he's just exaggerating to mess with people. Kreisberg tends to do that more than the Helbings
Old 09-07-2017, 11:09 AM
Master Fan

He's just being a showrunner. That's his job. What else is he supposed to say?

It's clear the crossover wedding is happening. There's no way it won't end up being spoiled before it happens. So they have to just say it. Like they did revealing Wally in the Kid Flash suit because set pics were taken soon after.
Philanthropist.

Old 09-07-2017, 11:19 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
As you’ll recall, Barry (Grant Gustin) sacrificed himself to save Central City, leaving Iris (Candice Patton) to step up as leader of Team Flash. This new dynamic will inject some humor into a much lighter fourth season.

“Barry and Iris keep comically clashing inadvertently because she’s used to being in charge, and he’s used to being in charge, and so they wind up going to couples therapy to work through it,” executive producer Andrew Kreisberg tells EW. “The two of them with the therapist is some of the funniest stuff we have ever done on this show, but it also leads to a deepening of their relationship.”
The Flash: Barry and Iris heading to couples therapy

So, couple therapy for Barry and Iris. Could be fun...or messy.
Old 09-07-2017, 11:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
The Scarlet Speedster will face more than just metahumans upon his return from the Speed Force.

As you’ll recall, Barry (Grant Gustin) sacrificed himself to save Central City, leaving Iris (Candice Patton) to step up as leader of Team Flash. This new dynamic will inject some humor into a much lighter fourth season.

“Barry and Iris keep comically clashing inadvertently because she’s used to being in charge, and he’s used to being in charge, and so they wind up going to couples therapy to work through it,” executive producer Andrew Kreisberg tells EW. “The two of them with the therapist is some of the funniest stuff we have ever done on this show, but it also leads to a deepening of their relationship.”

Their journey to couples counseling is actually suggested by Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker), whose relationship with Iris will strengthen this season. “Caitlin has been through so much herself in relationships, and if anyone can offer advice, it would be her,” Patton says. “She’s there quite often to give Iris advice on her relationship with Barry and how to move forward. It’s actually more her idea that they go to counseling and get help.”
The Flash: Barry and Iris heading to couples therapy

I can't wait!

Edit: SNAP! killer93.
Philanthropist.

Old 09-07-2017, 11:25 AM
Loyal Fan

okay, that sounds fun!

can't wait to see this episode! i bet it's episode two- that's the one where a tv critic mentioned it has really funny and emotional Barry/Iris stuff in it.
Old 09-07-2017, 11:29 AM
Supreme Fan

He's trolling

Anything can happen but I wouldn't freak out and immediately jump to DIVORCE He didn't say anything about the marriage not lasting.

But first, I want to see Barry and Iris make up for lost time

Couple therapy? It could be fun. Maybe the therapist ends up being the villain of the week
Old 09-07-2017, 11:32 AM
Master Fan

Of course he's trolling. It's his job. It's every showrunners job.

I was thinking the same thing about them ending up being the villian of the week. That would be hysterical.

I can't wait to see them clash over whose in charge.
Philanthropist.

Old 09-07-2017, 11:40 AM
Loyal Fan

i bet the therapist will ask about their sex life and Barry will be mortified

it's too easy to write awkwardness and embarrassment for him.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread