Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2017, 03:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
The Flash: 9 spoilers for season 4, from Wally replacing Barry to an all-new Wells
The cast reveal all about Barry's return, new friends and new foes.

The Flash returns this October – and with a premiere episode titled 'The Flash Reborn', it's a pretty safe bet that Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) will be back in Central City after sacrificing himself to the Speed Force to prevent catastrophe last season.

But Barry's been gone a while – season four will pick up six months after the events of 'Finish Line' and Carlos Valdes (Cisco) told Digital Spy that Team Flash is "clutching at straws to keep the city together" without their leader.

"We cannot keep the villains at bay with the same efficiency that he used to, so in light of that, Cisco does whatever it takes to get his friend back!"

Here's a spoiler-filled guide to what to expect when The Flash returns, courtesy of the cast themselves – Grant Gustin (Barry Allen / The Flash), Candice Patton (Iris West), Danielle Panabaker (Caitlin Snow / Killer Frost), C, Tom Cavanagh (Harrison Wells), Jesse L Martin (Joe West) and Keiynan Lonsdale (Wally West / Kid Flash).

1. Barry will return from the Speed Force a changed man

"For Barry, it hasn't really been six months," Gustin tells us. "In the Speed Force, time is kinda non-linear, and I think this experience in the Speed Force has been different for him.

"He's been on his own, experiencing his entire life from start to finish, again and again and again. So I think when he comes out, he's had this awakening and has this understanding of things that he's never had before, and he's been able to let go of a lot of things.

"He really learned some things in the Speed Force, so when he comes out, he's – for lack of a better word – wiser than we've ever seen him be. And we'll just have to see how Team Flash adjust to Barry's new wisdom!"

2. The Flash won't be himself at first

Reliving your entire life, over and over again? Sounds pretty intense – and indeed, Barry's mind will be "confused and jumbled" when he first returns home.

"Barry and his experience in the Speed Force... we're gonna see the toll that it took on him," Gustin explains. "It's been a lot [to take in], so he's not really himself.

"Experiencing so many things in such a condensed amount of time, over and over and over again, it takes a toll on your brain... so it's not really Barry when he first comes out. I got to have a really fun one-off episode for my first episode back."

3. Iris is now the leader of Team Flash

With Barry having left his loved ones behind, his fiancée Iris has been heading up Team Flash in his absence. "Six months on, she's kinda had to step into the role that Barry left," Candice Patton reveals.

"Everyone is questioning if and when Barry's going to come back, and she deals with that in her own way. You'll see a very different Iris in season 4 – she's almost hardened and a little more pessimistic."

4. Iris isn't quick to forgive Barry for leaving

The Flash gave up his life in Central City to exert control over the unstable Speed Force, but there are consequences to his heroic gesture – for one, Iris isn't thrilled about her beloved Barry leaving her behind.

"Team Flash had to deal with the loss of Barry and the choice that he made, especially Iris," Gustin says. "She has a hard time not taking it personally, leaving her behind... while they're engaged!"

"He didn't consult her," Patton adds. "It was a snap decision and so I think when he comes out, that's a conversation they need to have about communication. As iconic as they are, Barry and Iris still have their issues and they desperately need to work those out before they walk down the aisle. So that's something I think we'll delve into."

5. Wally will step up and become The Flash

Sidekick no more, Wally West has been forced to step into Barry's shoes – or rather, suit – and become The Flash, as the character did in the original comic books.

"Wally has to step up and be The Flash, along with Cisco's Vibe," says Jesse L Martin. "Joe's real proud to see Wally be the superhero he always wanted to be."

"I think Wally's been forced to grow up a lot more," Keiynan Lonsdale suggests. "He's suffering like everyone, but at the same time, he definitely has faith that Barry will come back."

In the meantime, though, Wally is working alongside Cisco to battle meta-humans and clean up the streets of Central City.

"They're planning some good stuff for Wally this season – he's going through a lot of changes," Patton hints. "Kid Flash has had to step into Barry's shoes, so now Wally and Iris are co-workers, essentially. It's that kind of dynamic we saw in the 'Flashpoint' episode – the brother-sister team-up."

6. We might meet another new version of Wells

Each season of The Flash has introduced us to a different version of Harrison Wells, with Tom Cavanagh creating multiple distinct interpretations of the same man.

First, we met Earth-1's Harrison Wells, who was murdered and subsequently impersonated by the evil Eobard Thawne / Reverse Flash. Season two introduced Earth-2's snarky 'Harry' Wells, while last year saw the debut of hyperactive novelist 'HR'.

'Finish Line' saw HR sacrifice his life to save Iris, so will Harry – the only surviving Wells – be back, or will we meet a whole new Wells?

It sounds like the answer is both. "We're going to start with Harry and then find a way, I think, to try and get a different version of Wells in there, be it some form of version of Harry or whatnot," Cavanagh hinted.

"There is stuff that's involved with the season, how Wells might become a different version of Wells, but I think that's a storyline too far for me to give up!"

7. Caitlin can't entirely let go of Killer Frost

After struggling to contain her evil alter-ego Killer Frost, Caitlin Snow opted to leave STAR Labs and her friends for a while, in the hope of rediscovering her sense of self.

Danielle Panabaker will return in season four, but as Caitlin, or as her icy counterpart?

"It's about a six-month jump from the end of season 3 to the beginning of season 4 and... I'm not at STAR Labs!" Panabaker reveals. "Here's what I can tell you about season 4: those who love Caitlin Snow won't be disappointed and those who love Killer Frost won't be disappointed!"

8. Danny Trejo's Breacher will threaten Cisco's love life

One of the most exciting names being added to The Flash's cast this season is Danny Trejo, who'll play Breacher – a bounty hunter from Earth-19 who also just happens to be the father of Cisco's love interest Gypsy (Jessica Camacho).

"Cisco and Gypsy, they're really taking it to the next level, there's a real love there between the two of them," Valdes insisted. "However, Breacher will really test that relationship!"

9. The Thinker will be a different kind of foe for Team Flash

Season four's chief nemesis, though, will be Clifford DeVoe, aka The Thinker – played by Neil Sandilands.

In the original DC comics, DeVoe was a failed lawyer who believed he was a superior intellect to the criminal element and so started a new career as a 'brain' for small-time crooks, using a 'Thinking Cap' that could project mental force.

This latest antagonist marks a departure for The Flash, with all three previous seasons pitting Barry against an evil Speedster who could match and even surpass our hero's speed – first Reverse-Flash, then Zoom and most recently Savitar.

"Yeah, no Speedster!" a (relieved?) Grant Gustin told us. "With DeVoe, we're gonna have to find ways to outsmart him... it'll be cool. Barry will actually be the Fastest Man Alive this season!"
Source: X

The Rogue Prince
Old 09-05-2017, 04:13 AM
Supreme Fan

Thanks

I have this feeling Julian will be completely forgotten
Old 09-05-2017, 04:16 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireQueen (View Post)
Thanks

I have this feeling Julian will be completely forgotten
Maybe he cast a memory charm on everyone.
Old 09-05-2017, 05:37 AM
Loyal Fan

I never got into Caitlin and Julian relationship. I thought Barry and Julian friendship was something they could get into. but no the show just wants to put Caitlin with every new guy they bring in. I just really enjoyed Tom at first.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks for the latest spoilers!
Old 09-05-2017, 12:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Danielle Panabaker Discusses Caitlin Snow’s Team Flash Status

Despite a Comic-Con sizzle reel suggesting Dr. Caitlin Snow’s return to Team Flash has already occurred, actor Danielle Panabaker told a Dragon Con audience that things are not so chummy yet.

According to The Beat, she explained the situation at S.T.A.R. Labs going into the fourth season. “Team Flash is certainly trying to function even without Barry. Iris has certainly stepped up and taken more of a leadership role,” she said. “Kid Flash is still out there trying to fill The Flash’s shoes. You’ve got Cisco and Vibe trying to help as well. But Caitlin is not a part of Team Flash at the top of the season.” Considering Caitlin’s emotional state at the end of year three, a off-screen reconciliation would not be in service of the character.

Keeping with tradition for The Flash and Arrow, the first episode of new season will pick up some months after the season three finale. Panabaker was uncertain if it will be a six-month jump. The break will explain away the absence of Julian Albert, the Tom Felton character who tried his best to bring Killer Frost back from the brink. And speaking of Killer Frost, Panabaker said fans of her villainous alter ego will not be disappointed in the new season.

The Rogue Prince
Old 09-05-2017, 01:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thank you for the sneak peeks. I really appreciate it.
Old 09-05-2017, 05:07 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Danielle Panabaker: Fans of Caitlin Snow and Killer Frost “Won’t Be Disappointed” in Season Four

The third season of The Flash brought on significant changes for most of our beloved team. However, nobody experienced a greater evolution last year than Caitlin Snow. For the span of 23 episodes, fans watched the sharp-witted bio-engineer internally contend with her ice queen alter ego, Killer Frost. During a press conference at Dragon Con this past weekend, Danielle Panabaker spoke a little bit about the fun that comes with splitting her screen time between the two drastically different personalities.

“Honestly, I love that I get to play both,” Panabaker says. “I love Caitlin. I love that she’s such an intelligent woman and that her intelligence is celebrated and encouraged. And then to have the opportunity to be on a superhero show and to play a villain and to get to really take it very far … I always say that that’s the fun of being a villain on our show, too, is you really get to push it. You’re not limited to ‘trying to keep it real,’ so you get to have a lot of fun with it. ”

When asked what she was most excited to film during season three, Panabaker tells The Mary Sue, “I was really excited for episode seven of last year. I struggled a little bit because … we started to go down this road of dealing with Killer Frost stuff and then they kind of forgot about it for a while. So I was anxious to get back to it and that took a bit of time.”

As we continue to look back on the most recent season, the topic of crossovers arises. Since the show’s inception, one of the few constants the audience can look towards are the moments when Team Flash merges with Team Arrow, Supergirl, or the Legends of Tomorrow to save the planet. When asked who she’d like to share screen time with, Panabaker was quick to name the powerful Kryptonian herself.

“I would love … to be on Supergirl,” she confesses. “They have such incredible women on that show. We keep adding more and more men to our show; Supergirl keeps adding more and more women. So I wanna go hang with them.”

Danielle raises an excellent point about The Flash, a criticism that much of their female audience has been vocal about for years. The most recent season especially drew attention to the show’s treatment of both Caitlin the Metahuman (seriously, must her powers be such a negative development???) and Iris West, who rarely had more to do than comfort Barry, even with the threat of inevitable death. Can fans of the women of Team Flash expect something different for the new season, especially after Barry’s descent into the Speed Force?

“Iris has certainly stepped up and taken more of a leadership role,” Panabaker assures us. “Team Flash is certainly trying to function even without Barry … Kid Flash is obviously out there trying to fill the Flash’s shoes. And you’ve got Cisco and Vibe, [who] are trying to help out, as well.”

As for Caitlin? Well, the season four trailer that was released at San Diego Comic Con certainly gave a strong impression that Caitlin was back in STAR Labs and ready to fight the good fight. That, however, may have been a bit of a misdirection, in terms of the beginning of the season: when the show returns in October, Dr. Snow is not a part of Team Flash.

Panabaker explains, “At the top of the season, Caitlin is still trying to handle things on her own.”

Though she couldn’t reveal much else about season four, Danielle Panabaker is certain that fans of both the doctor and her icy alter ego will be pleased with what’s to come.

“If you like Caitlin Snow, you won’t be disappointed. If you like Killer Frost, you won’t be disappointed.”

Quote:
Dragon Con 2017: Danielle Panabaker drops 5 hints on THE FLASH Season 4
Actress Danielle Panabaker, who plays Dr. Caitlin Snow and Killer Frost on The Flash, attended Dragon Con this year, where she provided a few (mostly, incredibly cryptic) clues about what's in store for season 4 of The Flash.

Actress Danielle Panabaker, who plays Dr. Caitlin Snow and Killer Frost on The Flash, attended Dragon Con this year, where she provided a few (mostly, incredibly cryptic) clues about what’s in store for the start of season 4. Panabaker was tight-lipped as ever, as are most of the cast, but we managed to get a few hints:

1-There is a time jump: “I think it’s about 6 months between the end of season 3 and beginning of season 4,” she said. Panabaker confirmed the time jump will also address the departure of season 3 character Julian Albert, after it was announced that actor Tom Felton would not be returning for season 4.

2-Caitlin will not be a part of Team Flash: “Team Flash is certainly trying to function even without Barry. Iris has certainly stepped up and taken more of a leadership role. Kid Flash is still out there trying to fill The Flash’s shoes. You’ve got Cisco and Vibe trying to help as well. But Caitlin is not a part of Team Flash at the top of the season.”

3-Tom Cavanagh will be directing again (and Panabaker would love to, too): “I’m totally inspired by Tom Cavanagh, who directed last season and has just directed again. He directed our 4th episode this season. I’m no Tom Cavanagh, but he made it look so easy. I would love to follow in his footsteps and maybe get to direct an episode of The Flash.”

4-It seems likely we’ll see both Caitlin and Killer Frost: “All I can say is: if you like Caitlin Snow, you won’t be disappointed. If you like Killer Frost, you won’t be disappointed.” This may confirm recent rumors that Panabaker has been seen filming in both Killer Frost and Caitlin Snow costumes.

5-There are NO plans for another musical episode: “That musical was pretty ambitious. I think by the time we finished the musical, we were pretty exhausted. To the best of my knowledge we’re not going to do that again this year.”

The Rogue Prince

Last edited by Clarice83; 09-05-2017 at 05:22 PM
Old 09-06-2017, 01:29 AM
Loyal Fan

So Caitlin will show up to STAR Labs a little bit later. Maybe her with the gun is when she returns.

Thanks for the scoop!
Old 09-06-2017, 06:27 PM
Loyal Fan

I don't like Iris being boohoo about Barry leaving, that just as lame as Barry excuse for breaking up in season 3, I don't think Iris would be that selfish, what about her saying I won't let a criminal be free to save me. I don't know not buying the whole planned out season either. more I read the less interested I get, especially the Snow/Frost thing.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

If I see another interview with Danielle's "if you like Caitlin you won't be disapponted/if you like KF you won't be disappointed" quote I will literally write a strongly worded letter to AK & TH bc it's so fking annoying, like is that really a tease???? Does it play that big a part in the season?? Who actually cares??

& it would've been wrong of them to not address Iris being upset about Barry leaving...as a fiancé that was absolutely messed up what he did to her, up and left without a 2nd glance & while the situation was time sensitive, you don't just up and leave the love of your life like that....it ain't right...Grant tried to rationalize a bit during comic con by saying "I think if she'd asked him to stay he would've 100%"...but that's just it, Iris isn't selfish and she wouldn't have asked him to stay because she knows how much being the flash means to him.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:44 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereforshorttime (View Post)
I don't like Iris being boohoo about Barry leaving, that just as lame as Barry excuse for breaking up in season 3, I don't think Iris would be that selfish, what about her saying I won't let a criminal be free to save me. I don't know not buying the whole planned out season either. more I read the less interested I get, especially the Snow/Frost thing.
Iris is always understanding over ever single decision Barry makes. It's about time she reacted. After three seasons of Barry himself being boohoo and needing EVERYONE to cheer him up and give him a pep talk. It's about time he did that for someone else, namely his future wife. It's not selfish to be hurt over the fact that your fiance disappeared for 6 months and didn't consult you on that decision.

Barry running back in time end of S2. Selfish. Barry staying in Flashpoint and making the timeline unstable. Selfish. Barry trying to run back in time again when he got called out for Flashpoint. Selfish.

Barry going back into the Speedforce to stabilize it was a near sighted decision. All brought about by his previous selfish decisions. Savitar wouldn't have existed if not for Barry. I'm glad that for once Iris angry about Barry. Hopefully it will get him to think more.

If he faced more consequences than being coddled it would do him good. Clearly the Speedforce will be a life lesson for him.
Old 09-07-2017, 02:20 AM
Supreme Fan

I love that Iris is reacting the way she is. Even if it were selfish so what? She's been unrealistically selfless and perfect for two years it is about time she thinks about her happiness and well-being. Everyone else can be selfish and narrow-minded but Iris can't look after herself for once? There's also the fact that she has had a death sentence hanging above her head for months and when they finally defeat the villain her fiancé decides to atone for his mistakes and leave. It's understandable that she'd be upset, especially since Barry made a last minute decision.

I'm more worried about the fact that Iris doesn't seem to want him back like the rest of the team. I get that she's become pessimistic but I hope they won't push it to the point of OOC behavior.
Old 09-07-2017, 02:23 AM
Elite Fan

Well, they're still getting married. Or else they wouldn't be having the girl's night out.
Old 09-07-2017, 02:31 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireQueen (View Post)

I'm more worried about the fact that Iris doesn't seem to want him back like the rest of the team. I get that she's become pessimistic but I hope they won't push it to the point of OOC behavior.
I think it's just about not wanting to get her hopes up. She'll come around quickly i think.