Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2015, 10:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParsD (View Post)
Candice said Eddie/Iris' relationship is going to self-destruct so I wouldn't expect them to last past s1. They'll probably break up in 1.21 and that'll be the WestAllen episode that makes us die.

The question is, when is Iris gonna find out about Flash. In 1.19? Or 1.21/2?

If she finds out in 19, I expect Iris and Barry to have a happy sexy reunion before a big twist puts a wrench between them in the final. But if she finds out as late as 21, I think they'll have a hopeful moment in the final, but still be at odds or at least not romantically together at the beginning of s2.
Really? Where? I just read that she said don't expect them to break up any time soon and that their relationship will "continue to blossom and falter". Which I took to mean they'll have rough patches but ultimately be okay. And weren't they holding hands on that bridge before RF attacked during 1x21 filming? I don't think they'll break up that ep. I just assumed the WA episode AK was referring to was the one that will have flashbacks to Barry's coma.

As for what will happen when Iris finds out, I don't think they'll have any kind of reunion whether it's 1x19 or later. From the way Grant talked about it, it seems like they have a big falling out. But I can see Iris warming up to forgiving Barry in the finale or just before.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:37 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bree347 (View Post)
Really? Where? I just read that she said don't expect them to break up any time soon and that their relationship will "continue to blossom and falter". Which I took to mean they'll have rough patches but ultimately be okay. And weren't they holding hands on that bridge before RF attacked during 1x21 filming? I don't think they'll break up that ep. I just assumed the WA episode AK was referring to was the one that will have flashbacks to Barry's coma.
Where did you read that? I'll post the article/interview when I find it, but I definitely remember her talking about Iris/Eddie breaking down and something about them having issues.

But I seriously doubt they'll keep them together by s2 since that's just plain boring. Even Smallville had Lana break up with the football dude by the end of s1.

Quote:
As for what will happen when Iris finds out, I don't think they'll have any kind of reunion whether it's 1x19 or later. From the way Grant talked about it, it seems like they have a big falling out. But I can see Iris warming up to forgiving Barry in the finale or just before.
IDK if a CW show ever had a final without a ship moment tbh. But I definitely can't see a reunion by 19, since I think that's the earliest possible ep Iris will find out about Flash and she won't be happy at all.

Last edited by ParsD; 03-19-2015 at 11:42 PM
Old 03-19-2015, 11:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

That's exactly what was said. Iris and Eddie's relationship will pretty much continue. At least for a while. There's still a thing by episode 21. Barry and Iris won't be getting together anytime soon.

"ģ•„ ģ•„ź¹ŒėŠ” ėŖ» ė°›ģ•„ģ„œ ėÆøģ•ˆķ•“
ģ¹œźµ¬ė„¼ ė§Œė‚˜ėŠė¼
shy shy shy
Old 03-19-2015, 11:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Where did you read that? I'll post the article/interview when I find it, but I definitely remember her talking about Iris/Eddie breaking down and something about them having issues.

But I seriously doubt they'll keep them together by s2 since that's just plain boring. Even Smallville had Lana break up with the football dude by the end of s1.

Quote:
Despite that ominous connection, Patton said that Iris and Eddie arenā€™t breaking up any time soon. ā€œI think their relationship continues to be complicated. Eddie will always see that thereā€™s a relationship between Barry and Iris that he canā€™t compete with to some degree. Thatā€™s unfortunate, but I think Eddie is strong-willed about keeping Iris in his life; he loves her and heā€™s a good mate for her. Heā€™s kind and loving, heā€™s everything I think a woman would want in a man and I think Iris knows that, so weā€™ll continue to see their relationship blossom and also have typical relationship falters.ā€

Cosnett echoed that sentiment. ā€œThings get more and more tense between Eddie and Iris; itā€™s hard to talk about without giving too much away, but itā€™s difficult for them and they find a way to make it work and I think Eddie is just so madly in love with Iris that heā€™s willing to do whatever it takes to keep her.ā€
ā€˜The Flashā€™ Postmortem: Boss Talks Reverse Flash Revelations and Killer Twist (SPOILERS) | Variety

I hope they break up because they're just a place-holder relationship to me. I don't see them as something I'll ever invest in- I don't think the writers really expect the audience to, but if they keep them together going into s2 I'll wonder. Idk why they'd waste so much time on them otherwise.

Quote:
IDK if a CW show ever had a final without a ship moment tbh. But I definitely can't see a reunion by 19, since I think that's the earliest possible ep Iris will find out about Flash and she won't be happy at all.
Well yeah, I can see Iris starting to forgive in the finale or just before and that'll be a ~shippy moment. But Grant did say he doesn't think they'll be "ironed out" before the end of the first season so I think they'll still be in a rocky place.
Old 03-20-2015, 12:08 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
ā€˜The Flashā€™ Postmortem: Boss Talks Reverse Flash Revelations and Killer Twist (SPOILERS) | Variety

I hope they break up because they're just a place-holder relationship to me. I don't see them as something I'll ever invest in- I don't think the writers really expect the audience to, but if they keep them together going into s2 I'll wonder. Idk why they'd waste so much time on them otherwise.
lol, that's the exact interview I was thinking of, but I was focused on the part about things getting progressively tense and totally overlooked the "blossom". Smh.

If Iris finds out in 1.19, then I see her growing closer to Eddie temporarily b/c she's so isolated. So that could be the "blossoming". But I'm still banking on a break up by the final.

Quote:
Well yeah, I can see Iris starting to forgive in the finale or just before and that'll be a ~shippy moment. But Grant did say he doesn't think they'll be "ironed out" before the end of the first season so I think they'll still be in a rocky place.
If there is a big twist to throw them apart, we might get a "real" kiss. But yeah, a hopeful moment seems more likely. Sort of like the one in your icon.
Old 03-20-2015, 12:17 AM
Absolute Fan

ParsD thank you for helping me!!! OMG for some reason I havent been able to find this thread all day there was another link in the old one and no one was there

So anyway, thanks for the new thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
And we already know that Iris will be in on the secret before the season is over. Once that happens, there will probably be some angst between her and Barry but I really don't see that lasting beyond next season. I think they'll be together by then.
Do we actually know Iris is going to find out for sure though?? I kind of feel like when they were talking about Iris finding out it had to do with ep 15 but now thats erasedā€¦ ( a bit sneaky) and then when she was speaking about how she would feel when she actually found out she was talking hypothetically on the futureā€¦ If thats the case I can see them drawing it out till maybe mid season 2 finale cliff hangerā€¦ Then she'll spend the rest of the season angry/upset till they sort it all out by end S2ā€¦ (not that i want it to take that long, just spewing out thoughts )

Quote:
Despite that ominous connection, Patton said that Iris and Eddie arenā€™t breaking up any time soon. ā€œI think their relationship continues to be complicated. Eddie will always see that thereā€™s a relationship between Barry and Iris that he canā€™t compete with to some degree. Thatā€™s unfortunate, but I think Eddie is strong-willed about keeping Iris in his life; he loves her and heā€™s a good mate for her. Heā€™s kind and loving, heā€™s everything I think a woman would want in a man and I think Iris knows that, so weā€™ll continue to see their relationship blossom and also have typical relationship falters.ā€
This quote from the article is a little bit mixed with the writers initial comment of "they aren't breaking up any time soon" .. that was the writers comment not CP's. Even Rick said he couldnt say much without giving away spoilers so I feel like while they will still be together for a bit, its not going to be a long timeā€¦

I'm also concerned that Iris/Eddie relationship will only blossom at the expense of Barry/Iris bc of his pressure on Iris, the Eddie punch etc

Sorry don't mean to be a Negative Nancy

R.I.P Nelsan Ellis.. "Being different gives the world color"

Last edited by Leelala; 03-20-2015 at 12:26 AM
Old 03-20-2015, 12:21 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
But if Iris and Eddie are broken up, why wouldn't Barry and Iris get together in season 2? I doubt Iris will be in denial for that long. And I expect Barry lying to her about being The Flash to cause a rift between them, but not for a whole season (especially when it seems like it's going to happen soon).

Idk, I just think if they wanted to drag out Barry and Iris getting together they shouldn't have had Barry be in love with her from the very beginning. They've written themselves into a corner imo.
I feel like writers now a days don't know how to write a stable relationship where the couple is together, that's why I say they'll try and keep them apart. Even when Eddie and Iris break up, they will throw something else at them to keep them apart. I desperately want Barry and Iris to be the power couple they are in the comics, but I just can't see it happening anytime soon, hopefully I'm wrong.
Old 03-20-2015, 12:32 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leelala (View Post)
Do we actually know Iris is going to find out for sure though?? I kind of feel like when they were talking about Iris finding out it had to do with the time travel in ep 15 but now thats erasedā€¦ ( a bit sneaky) and then when she was speaking about how she would feel when she actually found out she was talking hypothetically on the futureā€¦ If thats the case I can see them drawing it out till maybe mid season 2 finale cliff hangerā€¦ Then she'll spend the rest of the season angry/upset till they sort it all out by end S2ā€¦ (not that i want it to take that long, just spewing out thoughts )
I hope not.
What do you think Candice's big emotional scene in 1.19 is about if not the reveal?

Quote:
This quote from the article is a little bit mixed with the writers initial comment of "they aren't breaking up any time soon" .. that was the writers comment not CP's. Even Rick said he couldnt say much without giving away spoilers so I feel like while they will still be together for a bit, its not going to be a long timeā€¦
I kinda felt like "not soon" was in reference to people thinking they were headed for a break up right after 1.15.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyO (View Post)
I feel like writers now a days don't know how to write a stable relationship where the couple is together, that's why I say they'll try and keep them apart. Even when Eddie and Iris break up, they will throw something else at them to keep them apart. I desperately want Barry and Iris to be the power couple they are in the comics, but I just can't see it happening anytime soon, hopefully I'm wrong.
I can see them following the Blair/Chuck model for a bit with s2 having them circle around each other without getting together officially, maybe Barry's bio dad dies at mid-final. Then a s2 final reunion. S3 they're a power couple...until Flashpoint or some other timeline twist separates them for s4.

Last edited by ParsD; 03-20-2015 at 12:38 AM
Old 03-20-2015, 12:40 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Do we actually know Iris is going to find out for sure though?? I kind of feel like when they were talking about Iris finding out it had to do with ep 15 but now thats erasedā€¦ ( a bit sneaky) and then when she was speaking about how she would feel when she actually found out she was talking hypothetically on the futureā€¦ If thats the case I can see them drawing it out till maybe mid season 2 finale cliff hangerā€¦ Then she'll spend the rest of the season angry/upset till they sort it all out by end S2ā€¦ (not that i want it to take that long, just spewing out thoughts )
I think this confirms she does find out for real

Quote:
Grant, have you been rooting for Iris to find out Barryā€™s secret?

GUSTIN: I went into the season, wanting most people to know. I think that does get old, even faster than a slow burn relationship. Itā€™s hard to do that schticky, ā€œYou donā€™t know itā€™s meā€ thing, especially when youā€™re face to face in scenes. At some point, sheā€™d put two and two together. So, I was hoping that she would eventually find out, and she will, before the season is over. That changes things.
The Flash Secrets Revealed at PaleyFest with Cast and Producers

I don't think he would have said it changes things if he was talking about 1x15, because obviously that gets erased and so changes nothing.

And what he says about Iris wanting Barry to be truthful with her and that he hasn't been in this interview makes me think they have a falling out.

Old 03-20-2015, 12:42 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I hope not.
What do you think Candice's big emotional scene in 1.19 is about if not the reveal?

I kinda felt like "not soon" was in reference to people thinking they were headed for a break up right after 1.15.
I know, I hope not, I've just had all day to think on it

maybe Candice's emotional scene actually has to do with Eddie?? There was the snip in the sizzle reel of her saying something about Eddie not being honest with her? (paraphrasing) and this is also an episode Caitlin/Barry fans are supposed to love so I'm not sure if there will be much Barry/Iris stuff in 19ā€¦?

yeah you could be right..

Bree347 OH!! I see thanks for clearing that up, it all makes sense to me now so i guess everyone is thinking this is going down in episode 19??

Old 03-20-2015, 01:00 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I know, I hope not, I've just had all day to think on it

maybe Candice's emotional scene actually has to do with Eddie?? There was the snip in the sizzle reel of her saying something about Eddie not being honest with her? (paraphrasing) and this is also an episode Caitlin/Barry fans are supposed to love so I'm not sure if there will be much Barry/Iris stuff in 19ā€¦?
Well, idk about that since Candice completely forgot about Eddie at Paley, lol. That kinda makes me doubt her big 1.19 emotional scenes being about him, you know? And Jesse talked about Iris giving Joe hell, which sounded like he had specific knowledge of what went down.

The one thing that makes me think it's not 1.19 is how (if I'm remembering right) Grant or someone said about Barry/Flash/Eddie all having a love square with Iris. IDK if 3-4 episodes is enough for that arc.

Also the Caitlin/Barry thing, but I think that one makes sense if Iris finds out in 1.19 and completely lashes out on Barry. And Caitlin is there to soothe his manpain with a hug or something.

Last edited by ParsD; 03-20-2015 at 01:08 AM
Old 03-20-2015, 01:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
The one thing that makes me think it's not 1.19 is how (if I'm remembering right) Grant or someone said about Barry/Flash/Eddie all having a love square with Iris. IDK if 3-4 episodes is enough for that arc.
Yeah, Rick said that

Quote:
SHH: Whatā€™s coming up for Eddie in the next couple of episodes?

Cosnett: Where are we now? I think at Weather Wizardā€¦ Eddie realizes the power of the metahumans in the episode coming up and to follow. He really starts to unravel in a very wonderful way as he feels very powerless as a cop because his guns donā€™t work anymore. He was such a great cop and always so popular because he is so ableā€¦ but now heā€™s not, because the metahumans are kind of coming at them in full force. So he really needs the help of The Flash and thereā€™s a whole storyline of The Flash and him together. And thereā€™s of course the wonderful love triangle, because Eddie doesnā€™t know that Barry is The Flashā€¦ so itā€™s almost as if The Flash, Barry and Eddie are all in some kind of weird love square with Iris. That will unravel in the next few episodes.
http://www.superherohype.com/feature...leyfest-2015/2

But he does say it unravels soon. So she could find out in 1x19, but that could also the episode with the flashbacks? It would have emotional scenes. And something else WA related happens in episode 20 or 21 that AK mentioned. Really, the reveal could be in any of those eps.
Old 03-20-2015, 01:31 AM
Absolute Fan

I think I must have missed all those little quotes thanks for sharing them again guys!!

Quote:

Also the Caitlin/Barry thing, but I think that one makes sense if Iris finds out in 1.19 and completely lashes out on Barry. And Caitlin is there to soothe his manpain with a hug or something.
I have to say I'm kind of intrigued by the whole love square only b/c Barry is two parts of it!

And the bold, yeah if Iris say finds out at the end, this whole C/B moment could def be a hug and her telling him something like, its ok Barry, you will love again

Old 03-20-2015, 02:31 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
But he does say it unravels soon. So she could find out in 1x19, but that could also the episode with the flashbacks? It would have emotional scenes. And something else WA related happens in episode 20 or 21 that AK mentioned. Really, the reveal could be in any of those eps.
Thanks! My memory is kinda horrid, but I thought so.

I kinda feel like the big Barry/Iris stuff has to be more than them just having cute couple tease moments since that's what 16-19 are gonna build up to. But I'm feeling 19 for flashbacks from AK mentioning Caitlin's coma-pov. Hers is pointless since she didn't even know Barry at that point so they must be ship-bait.

Quote:
I have to say I'm kind of intrigued by the whole love square only b/c Barry is two parts of it!
IKR? I'm really excited for it tbh. Iris/Flash is so hot, so if she's finding out soon, I kinda wanna see more of them in the meantime.

Last edited by ParsD; 03-20-2015 at 02:54 AM
Old 03-20-2015, 06:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

leelalaa you found the thread. you guys are good with starting these.