Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2016, 12:02 AM
Addicted Fan

^They don't look like a couple to me. Though I'm weirded out by Barry not even putting his arm around her. S1 Westallen were a lot more touchy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyO (View Post)
I hope its not Joe. I don't want Iris losing another parent. Eddie, Francine, and now Joe?? ughhh NOPE
Same. If it's Joe, I don't get the point of doing such a toxic storytelling for their characters. How is Iris supposed to realistically recover after this? I'm so over them being set on ruining the lighthearted mood that earned this show its success.
Old 04-09-2016, 12:11 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParsD (View Post)
^They don't look like a couple to me. Though I'm weirded out by Barry not even putting his arm around her. S1 Westallen were a lot more touchy.

Same. If it's Joe, I don't get the point of doing such a toxic storytelling for their characters. How is Iris supposed to realistically recover after this? I'm so over them being set on ruining the lighthearted mood that earned this show its success.
he could still do that in this scene, we're only seeing a second of it.

we don't know that it's Joe. i still think it's Henry. i really, really don't think the show's going to get rid of Jesse L. Martin.

but i also agree, i would really love for that lighthearted mood to come back for the next season. even if it is Henry, i feel like that too would be hard for Barry to recover from.

UNLESS it turns out Henry is dying of cancer or something and that's why he left, and maybe he sacrifices himself because he's going to die anyway? if that's the case, i could actually see it at least being possible for Barry to not be completely tortured by his death forever.
Old 04-09-2016, 12:18 AM
Extreme Fan

If JLM request to leave then yeah I can see the writers killing him off. He hasn't had a storyline all season, they're wasting JLM talent. I really dont want either to die but if I had to choose, I'd say let it be Henry because Barry and Iris wouldnt be completely devastated over it. I mean, yes they'll still be sad, but imo it would be less of a blow than if it were Joe.

scarletspuffyfan, thats a good theory about Henry. Maybe Barry finds out he's sick when he meets Henry at the cabin.

I've always been Iris West-Allen. I've always been yours.
Old 04-09-2016, 12:31 AM
Loyal Fan

yeah, i've been thinking about this Henry thing, and to me that would be the best excuse both for him having left in the first place, and then for him to make a big sacrifice that wouldn't TOTALLY destroy Barry, esp if he gets to do something heroic with his life in the end. and then he tells Barry to be happy in his life before he dies.

i think that would be okay.
Old 04-09-2016, 12:34 AM
Extreme Fan

Just read on tumblr that Tom wasn't filming at the cemetery either, so it can be Harry. That would give the writers leeway to bring back eboard for season 3.

I've always been Iris West-Allen. I've always been yours.
Old 04-09-2016, 12:45 AM
Extreme Fan

That pic just made me think it's Joe...sitting on the steps to his house, looking sad. I guess it could be Henry...they did bring him back for some reason for the last episodes.
Old 04-09-2016, 12:52 AM
Loyal Fan

yeah, but they both live there, so it's not like Joe's dead just because they're sitting on the steps of his house. it's their house too.

idk. i would just be way too shocked if they killed off Joe, given how much the show LOVES him and loves the Joe/Barry relationship.

would they want to lose such an essential character for shock value? and with how strongly they've set up the importance of the whole West-Allen family and everything? seems very unlikely to me. Henry on the other hand, is totally expendable.

if it is Joe, i'd expect something to happen like Barry time traveling again to fix it.

Last edited by scarletspuffyfan; 04-09-2016 at 01:02 AM
Old 04-09-2016, 01:04 AM
Extreme Fan

I don't think they would want to lose Joe, but it's possible JLM wanted to do something else so they had no choice. I remember Grant said he had to let his heart rate to settle after reading the script and to prepare for the worst. I'm guessing whoever it is dies in 22, and the funeral in episode 23.
Old 04-09-2016, 01:19 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletspuffyfan (View Post)
UNLESS it turns out Henry is dying of cancer or something and that's why he left, and maybe he sacrifices himself because he's going to die anyway? if that's the case, i could actually see it at least being possible for Barry to not be completely tortured by his death forever.
Aww, but still too soon imo. Leave Henry's cancer death for late s4, after Westallen get married. This is too much for s2.

At this rate the only people left to attend Westallen's wedding are gonna be Killer Frost and Oliver's lovechild.
Old 04-09-2016, 01:28 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Aww, but still too soon imo. Leave Henry's cancer death for late s4, after Westallen get married. This is too much for s2.

At this rate the only people left to attend Westallen's wedding are gonna be Killer Frost and Oliver's lovechild.

so true!

but you know, they might pull something tricky too, where Barry time travels to undo Joe's death but ends up losing Henry if he does that, so he has to make a choice. i could see them doing something like that.

either way, i expect the end result to be Joe living and Henry dying. they're not going to deprive us of Joe's eventual father of the bride speech at Barry and Iris's wedding, where he officially pronounces Barry as his legal son, lol.

Last edited by scarletspuffyfan; 04-09-2016 at 01:33 AM
Old 04-09-2016, 01:50 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletspuffyfan (View Post)
but you know, they might pull something tricky too, where Barry time travels to undo Joe's death but ends up losing Henry if he does that, so he has to make a choice. i could see them doing something like that.

either way, i expect the end result to be Joe living and Henry dying. they're not going to deprive us of Joe's eventual father of the bride speech at Barry and Iris's wedding, where he officially pronounces Barry as his legal son, lol.
That would be a beautiful storyline if not hastily tacked at the end of a boring mess of a season. Just considering it rn makes me feel emotionally exhausted.

Joe dying though really unbalances the show. Unless they're gonna do away with CCPD and the West family moments, and just focus on STAR Team 100% of the time...
Old 04-09-2016, 02:01 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

Joe dying though really unbalances the show. Unless they're gonna do away with CCPD and the West family moments, and just focus on STAR Team 100% of the time...
this is why it won't happen, imo. if that's supposed to be Joe in the grave in these pics, i fully expect it to be undone through some time travel shenanigans.

i don't think the second half of the season's been so bad though. i think it righted itself with the E2 episodes.

but what i really want for next year is to bring back that lightness of tone, and make Barry his happy S1 self, or the one that was on Supergirl. that's the best Barry, and when he's like that it's best for the show too.

i hope they've figured that out in the writers room by now.
Old 04-09-2016, 05:48 AM
Master Fan

They look perfect

I love how Iris is wrapped in a blanket. Joe did die on Earth-2 but I can't imagine them killing him. He's too important to Iris and Joe. It'd sooner be Henry who has been MIA all season. It sucks because I really wanted Barry/Henry dynamic from the beginning of S2 but then he just bailed.

It would be too hard for Iris, Barry and Wally who just met his dad.

They should kill off someone who is useless at this point like Caitlin. No shade and bring Earth-2 Killer Frost through the breach.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 04-09-2016, 08:40 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyO (View Post)
Just read on tumblr that Tom wasn't filming at the cemetery either, so it can be Harry. That would give the writers leeway to bring back eboard for season 3.
Harry isn't exactly the funeral attending type though. It's also risky him being out in public since he looks just like the man that confessed to killing Barry's mother.
Old 04-09-2016, 08:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I hope Joe doesn't die!

My guess is they'd go there only if the actor wanted out. I hope they don't think WestAllen can't sail with Joe around since it'd feel too brother/sister with the family. It's ridiculous to think that but who knows what TPTB are thinking. After what happened on Arrow even if Guggenheim is away from The Flash, I don't have much trust in the TPTB affiliated with these shows.

ETA:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)
They look perfect

I love how Iris is wrapped in a blanket. Joe did die on Earth-2 but I can't imagine them killing him. He's too important to Iris and Joe. It'd sooner be Henry who has been MIA all season. It sucks because I really wanted Barry/Henry dynamic from the beginning of S2 but then he just bailed.

It would be too hard for Iris, Barry and Wally who just met his dad.

They should kill off someone who is useless at this point like Caitlin. No shade and bring Earth-2 Killer Frost through the breach.
You make a great point about Wally and even Iris. They just lost their mom. It would be overkill if they also lost their dad.

I pray that E2 Joe dying wasn't foreshadowing E1 Joe dying. Please, no.

I don't hate Caitlin in the least but I would love to see E2 Killer Frost enter E1 and stay there.

Last edited by jediwands; 04-09-2016 at 09:00 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread