Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2015, 04:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I'm not really worried about that Kiss being in anything but real time.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParsD (View Post)

NaijaChiqa- It's a happy place to be...until the episode airs and we're proven wrong, lol.

Keep the faith, we'll be proven right!

lol. But in line with being in a happy place before being yanked out by the show, Iris will dream about Barry in Ep 12! (and yes, I just pulled that out of my butt).
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

there's going to be a groundhog related ep?
Old 02-03-2015, 07:53 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
there's going to be a groundhog related ep?
yep He's going to relive the same day multiple times apparently due to accidental time travel
Old 02-03-2015, 09:53 AM
Total Fan

Assuming there's an Iris/Eddie break up - my theory around the kiss is that it happens the FIRST time things play through, maybe it leads to a date (since the photog claimed that there was evening shoots with more kissing), and an Identity reveal... but then some big disaster destroys Central City and throws Barry back in time to relive the day again.

In order to stop that big disaster from happening, he isn't able to meet Iris for that kiss, which means their relationship never moves forward, and maybe even takes a step back if she's actually waiting for him in that scene and she thinks he's standing her up (and maybe she makes up with Eddie instead). Especially if he still doesn't tell her he's the Flash, and WHY he had to stand her up.

Of course, Barry will probably still remember "What might have been".
Old 02-03-2015, 10:08 AM
Master Fan

Barry Allen, Meet Linda Park! 'The Flash' Star on Their Intriguing New Romance

Quote:
Barry Allen is feelin’ the love tonight!

The Flash welcomes Central City Picture News reporter Linda Park (played by the lovely Malese Jow) and she immediately clicks with Barry (Grant Gustin), bringing out a different side to the Fastest Man Alive.

“She’s a sparkplug, she’s a firecracker, she’s ballsy, she speaks her mind and she’s cool. And he can’t believe that someone like her is interested in him,” executive producer Andrew Kreisberg previews. “Barry suddenly having somebody like that in his life will suddenly cause all the other women in his life to maybe see green.”

"When [Barry] starts dating Linda, like Caitlin said, you change things when you put that out there," Kreisberg says of Barry's unrequited "I love you" to Iris. "It's definitely weighing on her and it's goingn to weigh on Eddie and it's going to weigh on Caitlin and it's going to weigh on Linda a little bit. Watching what putting that out there is a lot of the emotion in the back half of the season."

Jow (R.I.P. Star-Crossed) jumped on the phone with ETonline to chat all things Flash – including her thoughts on why Linda may be Barry’s best romantic match

What's your version of Linda Park?

We meet Linda and instantly see what she’s all about. She’s very straightforward, she’s very fiery, she knows what she wants. That’s kind of refreshing to see a strong female character that is outspoken and secure, which is awesome, and she immediately does her thing with Barry and he gets her phone number off the bat. It’s interesting to see how it all unfolds between those two.

We certainly see them bonding almost instantaneously!

It is instantaneous. They’re both immediately intrigued by each other because he’s not used to someone being so straightforward and she’s not used to someone so mysterious and charming. It’s really cute!

Linda works at Central City Picture News, the same place Iris was just hired as a cub reporter. What’s their first encounter like?

There’s definitely – I don’t want to say tension – but there’s definitely something in the air. They meet at the end of this episode and Iris is kind of like, “Woah!” because Linda is a veteran [at Picture News] and now she’s all of a sudden the new woman Barry is suddenly going out with, so Iris is having the wind knocked out of her a little bit. Like, “What’s going on? Back up.” There’s something in the air when they first meet.

Not necessarily friends, but acquaintances?

Definitely not besties off the bat, I can tell you that. (Laughs.)

This isn’t the first time we’ll see Linda Park, as the character made a cameo during last season’s two-part Arrow arc reporting on the particle accelerator explosion. Any chance we’ll revisit that moment in time?

Not really. I know people were asking about that because, obviously that wasn’t me [actress Olivia Cheng played the role then], but the masterminds behind the show have a reason for everything to think “Oh hey, Linda Park may actually be a good idea after all.” They made her a real presence on the show. But I don’t know. We don’t really clarify that whole thing but I’m glad they decided to bring Linda onto The Flash.

Things seem to start off extremely well between Barry and Linda, but sometimes all good things have to come to an end. How quickly do things take a turn for the worse?

Things are always slightly turning because Barry is fresh off of telling Iris how he feels and really baring his soul to her, and getting rejected yet they’re still friends. Iris and Barry have a history that you can’t just sweep under the rug, so things are always turning to now this love triangle that’s going on. Linda’s not stupid, she can sense their bond that unfolds – everyone’s trying to stay amicable so these next few episodes are really fun to watch.

Does Linda bring out a different side to Barry that we haven’t seen yet?

Oh yeah! I definitely think so. In the second episode, it’s the date episode, and all the scenes are adorable. But like I said, she knows what she wants and I really feel like she makes Barry step up to the plate and I think he likes that. We see him going out of his way to be a gentleman and have fun. That was definitely one of my favorite episodes to shoot.

Is there a chance Linda could figure out the Barry-Flash connection before Iris does?

Right now we haven’t really touched on Linda finding out anything about The Flash. She more has the intuition going on with Barry and Iris, so we don’t delve into the Flash world too much yet.

Could we learn more about Linda’s past, family history and why she is the way she is?

That’ll be a later time. She definitely has a lot of layers, which people will see. She’s secure but there’s a reason. I think there’s been some trial and error in her life and hopefully we’ll get to dive into it at some point.

And she’s not just simply a foil for Barry and Iris?

I don’t think she’s just a catalyst, I think they do end up having real feelings for each other and she’s a part of that whole ride.

Does Linda interact with anyone else outside of Barry and Iris?

Yes, there is an episode that will also incorporate Eddie into the mix. You’ll have to stay tuned for that too.

Share one nugget for an upcoming scene.

I’m excited for the date episode. It’s a cute adventure that Barry and Linda go on. That should be fun for everyone to watch – they get to see him lighten up a little up, have fun, go out on the town and paint the town red.

Safe to say things don’t exactly pan out the way both may have hoped?

Maybe… maybe not. You just never know!

How much of a departure is it for Linda from when we first see her to where she ends up after the four-episode arc?

I don’t want to reveal too much but things get revealed and all these characters have to work through different things – plus life happens. But Linda’s still around.

So we’ll see you come back later on…

Yes, I think so.
http://www.accesshollywood.com/the-f...article_103640

Quote:
Things might not have worked out the way he wanted with Iris West (for now), but love is on the horizon for Barry Allen in "The Flash."

On Tuesday, Barry (Grant Gustin) is about to head out on the town, where he will catch the eye of a lovely young Central City Picture News sports reporter by the name of Linda Park, played by Malese Jow.

"They meet at a dive karaoke bar of all places," guest star Malese Jow told Access Hollywood. "Barry had just sang a little karaoke, he's taken care of a drunken Caitlin and then Linda bellies up to the bar and immediately they kind of have this spark and Linda wastes no time giving him her phone number and it's kind of – the rest is history."

And who wouldn't swoon over Barry Allen doing karaoke, with Grant's musical theater (and "Glee" graduate) chops.

"Grant is just a superstar. I can't say enough good things about him. He can do it all. I'm not even kidding. He's one of the most professional, talented people I've ever worked with, so one of my first days, sitting there and watching him sing too? I was like, 'Are you kidding me?!? You're literally not human!' It's just crazy," Malese said of watching Grant work and belt out a tune.

Although she couldn't reveal Barry's karaoke tune, Malese said Linda finds Barry "adorable," and the two actually will head out on a date in Central City before the episode is over.

"Barry gets to kind of live a normal twenty-something-year-old life. Instead of saving the world, he gets to actually take a girl out and have a little adventure and paint the town red," she said. "It's good because I feel like Linda brings out of him – he kind of steps up to the plate because he knows how she is and they end up having a really good time."

And one promo clip showed them in what looked to be a horizontal make-out session on the couch.

"She knows what she wants," Malese laughed, when Access asked about the sneak peek scene.

But, could things get a little frosty now that Barry's living with surrogate dad Joe West (Jesse L. Martin), who could presumably come home at any time?

"It's funny how one of our scenes plays out and it'll totally answer your question," Malese said. "But yeah, Linda doesn't take that too seriously. They keep it light and fun and spontaneous."

Tuesday's episode will also find Linda interacting with her fresh Central City Picture News co-worker, Iris West (Candice Patton).

"Linda's a veteran at Picture News, so she kind of has what Iris wants, so there's not really a jealousy or a competition, but there's definitely something in the air of like, 'Hmm…,' like feeling each other out, because they're two very strong women and now that Barry's in the mix, it makes it even more complicated," Malese said.

And the complications will continue in the coming weeks with a possible double date with Barry and Linda, and Iris (who has yet to address Barry's Christmas love confession) and her boyfriend Eddie.

"In one of my future episodes actually, Eddie is involved in the whole mix of Iris, Barry and Linda. So that'll be very fun for people to watch," she said.

"It's funny, Linda and Eddie immediately find common ground a little bit, just because the tables have turned with Linda coming on to the scene and now, Barry's kind of wrapped up in her and Iris is like, 'What? I thought you loved me, but I don't want you to love me,'" Linda previewed. "It's very confusing and things are constantly shifting with the love triangle dynamic, so I think when Linda and Eddie interact, it's kind of like they have to kind of swallow the fact that there's a lot of history between Barry and Iris 'cause that's not something that you can just make go away overnight."
The Lord is my shepherd.

Last edited by Chiqa; 02-03-2015 at 10:21 AM
Old 02-03-2015, 10:28 AM
Master Fan

LOL. Felicity again? I suppose we just have to get used to this.

Sorry, Iris and Felicity: Why Fans Will Fall for Barry's New Love Interest on The Flash! | E! Online

Quote:
Love is in the air on The Flash!

Just in time for Valentine's Day, Barry (Grant Gustin) is finally going to get some lovin' that's actually returned, unlike his unrequited crush on Iris (Candice Patton)...get ready to meet his new love interest Linda Park, played by Malese Jow!
And even if you've been 'shipping the relationship between Barry and Iris, and have been holding out hope that she's going to break up with Eddie (Rick Cosnett) and develop deeper feelings for her BFF, you're still going to fall for Linda—and it's all because of her confidence.

"My first meeting with Barry, you can definitely tell who Linda is going to be in his life," Jow tells E! News. "She straight up spits game on him, bellying up to the bar. She gives him her number, and she definitely is the straight-forward, knows-what-she-wants type of woman, which is very exciting! It immediately brings Barry out of his shell, so it's fun to watch."

Jow explains that because of Linda's no-nonsense, outgoing personality, she's a great fit for Barry romance-wise.

"They hit it off right away and I think it's because each of them has what the other needs," Jow says. "Barry needs someone to bring him out of his comfort zone and she knows what she wants and is very vocal about it so there's not much that he has to guess about. With her, she gravitates towards Barry because he is who he is, he's charming and sweet and low key and goofy, so that is very charming to her. In a way, it's an opposites-attract sort of thing. It's really cute."

But what about Iris? Since Linda also works at Central City Picture News, a.k.a. Iris's new employer, Jow warns things might get complicated around the office between the two most important women in Barry's life.

"They're not close friends yet," Jow says. "Linda has been at Picture News for a while, and iris is still trying to get her footing there, so it's an interesting dynmanic. Linda is on the scene and immediately starts dating Barry, so it's interesting for Iris to watch and deal with her feelings for Barry as she watches their relationship unfold. Linda and Iris have a very complicated and interesting relationship because of that."

Watching Barry start to date someone else might even start stirring up some confusing feelings for Iris.

"It is so complicated, and Linda and Iris are both dealing with all of that," Jow says. "Barry was hopelessly pining for Iris, but Iris has her relationship with Eddie, but now that Linda comes onto the scene, she becomes an important part of Barry's life, and Iris has to deal with a lot of feelings that start coming out and surprising her. She's Barry's best friend and Linda's co-worker, so it becomes this love triangle of sorts."

And Eddie and Linda won't be kept in the dark about how Barry and Iris feel about each other.

"Barry and Iris would like to think that they can keep secrets," Jow says with a laugh. "But things become obvious and you can see a lot in their eyes and the subtle things they say. It unfolds and it's interesting to see how all these different characters deal with the truth when it does come out."

But what Jow is most looking forward to is finally getting to play a character who isn't in high school, unlike her past roles on The Vampire Diaries and Star-Crossed.
"I'm excited to finally play a more mature role that's a strong woman close to my age!" Jow says. "I'm almost 24 and people are used to see me playing a high schooler who is naïve. It's nice to play a character who knows who she is and what she wants. The Flash fans are blowing up my Twitter already so I'm excited to see their reaction after this episode!"
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:52 AM
FAU
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaijaChiqa (View Post)
Thanks.
Old 02-03-2015, 11:23 AM
Total Fan

Thanks for the articles!

It sounds like there's some really fun stuff coming up with Linda Park, but now the rest of my work day is going to go by so slowly in anticipation of tonight's episode with all that new info... and GG singing on my TV again .

I don't understand why Felicity is still being mentioned in reference to Barry's love interests though
Old 02-03-2015, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
Thanks for the articles!

It sounds like there's some really fun stuff coming up with Linda Park, but now the rest of my work day is going to go by so slowly in anticipation of tonight's episode with all that new info... and GG singing on my TV again .

I don't understand why Felicity is still being mentioned in reference to Barry's love interests though
I'm tired of hearing about her tbh.
Old 02-03-2015, 12:38 PM
Loyal Fan

At least they didn't mention Caitlin (Yeah I went there lol)

TBH I hope Malese stays after her 4 episode arc even if things don't work out with Linda and Barry. She can stay as a reporter on Central City News and be Iris/Barry's friend. The show has a very bad male:female ratio. Also it seems like a waste to introduce Linda Park for only 4 episodes. I'm really curious f they do ever intent on introducing Wally.

Last edited by ban1o; 02-03-2015 at 12:44 PM
Old 02-03-2015, 12:46 PM
Loyal Fan

The Flash "Crazy for You" Sneak Peek 2

The Flash - Episode 1.12 - Crazy For You - Sneak Peek 2 | Spoilers

The Flash Producer's Preview
Old 02-03-2015, 01:39 PM
FAU
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ban1o (View Post)
The Flash "Crazy for You" Sneak Peek 2

The Flash - Episode 1.12 - Crazy For You - Sneak Peek 2 | Spoilers

The Flash Producer's Preview
Thanks.
Old 02-03-2015, 01:40 PM
Ultimate Fan

Look who has a suit!

And I think it is kind of iffy to use Wally Wests love interest as Barrys love interest.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread