Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2017, 12:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
And even with everything going on, you saw that Barry truly does love Iris. And Iris got a eye opener, and it was a pure bliss ending...
^^ I agree. It was a nice breather from all the angst. You could see how much Barry loves Iris. He says he needs space to save her and ends up depressed on Cisco's couch for days. Bless.

MM gave Iris some clarity too. It was fun watching her rescue him. Then of course the ending.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 03-24-2017, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)
^^ I agree. It was a nice breather from all the angst. You could see how much Barry loves Iris. He says he needs space to save her and ends up depressed on Cisco's couch for days. Bless.

MM gave Iris some clarity too. It was fun watching her rescue him. Then of course the ending.
She was truly distraught at seeing him bleeding in ally in the musical fantasy. The way she ran to him. A wakeup call like Barry saw initially when he saw that Iris was going to die (unless he stop it). And why he's been all over the place the last few months...

What more can a girl want, is a boy they like popping the question in song. And it's not something she's heard before, so it made a impact.

No doubt it's going to be a hell of a time as the season closes, and you still have the threat for Iris.

But this gave a eye opener for both of them. He was depressed at Cisco's, And seeing Iris with someone new in the fantasy, made him realize he needed her...

It was a nice light hearted show, and they did well with the the villian actually not being a villian.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 03-25-2017, 10:56 AM
Elite Fan

I'm all for lighthearted and silly episodes that breaks the constant angst, but I need some sort of plot and purpose for it. The musical episode just screamed lazy writing to me and that they were looking for any excuse to just do a musical episode. Maybe if the Music Meister had a better motivation other than wanting to play cupid I might have gotten into it more, but meh.
Old 03-26-2017, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane eyes (View Post)
I'm all for lighthearted and silly episodes that breaks the constant angst, but I need some sort of plot and purpose for it. The musical episode just screamed lazy writing to me and that they were looking for any excuse to just do a musical episode. Maybe if the Music Meister had a better motivation other than wanting to play cupid I might have gotten into it more, but meh.
Well all or most of the season they have known they were likely to a musical episode, crossover, especially given so much of the two cast has musical talent due to Glee, or Broadway. Of course the Barry and Iris' first broken engagement was a pure set up for this, otherwise why do this plot for the musical episode, if he was happy.

I think it was a needed break from all the angst. It brought a more proper and epic proposal for Barry and Iris and set up the final stretch which will be very angsty given there is the threat of Savitor and more importantly Iris dying.

I think there was set up, and it starts the final stretch with Wally getting some of his momentum back, and Barry now having a further goal to stopping Iris from dying, since she is his fiancee, and in this episode he was woken up to the fact he doesn't like being away from Iris. It's added fuel to his goal to saving her from death.

But at it's heart, it was a fun, frivalous episode, that was needed after all the gloom of the last number of episodes. As it was celebrating musicals, in which things are always solved easily, and there is always a answer.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 03-26-2017, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLastDayWithoutYou (View Post)

Thanks for new article. This season long hyping better be worth it.
Old 03-26-2017, 06:58 PM
Total Fan

They say it's the biggest most shocking reveal ever... but it would only be so shocking if it were Barry (but why would he kill Iris?). If it IS Barry, it may be a time remnant or some echo of himself from Flashpoint.

Still hoping it's Evil!Eddie.
Old 03-26-2017, 10:47 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
They say it's the biggest most shocking reveal ever... but it would only be so shocking if it were Barry (but why would he kill Iris?). If it IS Barry, it may be a time remnant or some echo of himself from Flashpoint.

Please be Eddie!!!

R.I.P Nelsan Ellis.. "Being different gives the world color"
Old 03-27-2017, 09:33 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:

There's a good fan theory on Reddit that it's flashpoint Barry pissed that Barry erased that timeline (...that Barry had his parents and was just getting to know iris again...it'd also makes sense of the "raised by Joe" comment...flashpoint Barry was not...& the "man that iris loves"...flashpoint Barry didn't really get a chance to see his relationship with iris through...)

lolol it's all very confusing #timetravel
Old 03-27-2017, 11:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

It's totally confusing. I'm just not sure I'd like any version of Barry, in any timeline, for whatever reason, to be threatening to kill Iris even if he doesn't know Iris or whatever. I am confused, lol. Either way, I think it might be pointing to this based on how they're talking about it... I just kind of hope it's someone else.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
It's totally confusing. I'm just not sure I'd like any version of Barry, in any timeline, for whatever reason, to be threatening to kill Iris even if he doesn't know Iris or whatever. I am confused,lol. Either way, I think it might be pointing to this based on how they're talking about it... I just kind of hope it's someone else.
You're not alone.

We'll just have to wait and see what the writers have chosen.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:55 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrenda182 (View Post)
There's a good fan theory on Reddit that it's flashpoint Barry pissed that Barry erased that timeline (...that Barry had his parents and was just getting to know iris again...it'd also makes sense of the "raised by Joe" comment...flashpoint Barry was not...& the "man that iris loves"...flashpoint Barry didn't really get a chance to see his relationship with iris through...)

lolol it's all very confusing #timetravel
Heck, it could be the Barry he replaced when he tried to "fix" the Timeline -- I mean, there was a Barry that Julian hated for a year, a Barry that Cisco was mad at, and a Barry that saw the relationship between Iris and Joe crumble because of the Mama-West lies. etc.

But then, THAT Barry would also love Iris (I assume), so why would he kill her.

Or it could be Barry's evil twin brother (yes, he exists). In the comics, he was 'stolen' by the Thawnes from the nursery the day he and Barry were born (ie: they paid a nurse to snatch them a child since their own newborn had died that day). Nora and Henry were led to believe Barry's twin died.

The twin became Malcolm Thawne/Colbalt Blue. When he found out about Barry, he hated him for having such good people in his life while he had to deal with the not-so-nice Thawne family.

Farfetched, probably... (and heading into real soap opera territory) but I just don't want ANY Barry from ANY timeline to be Savitar.

Last edited by Elektra; 03-28-2017 at 09:02 AM
Old 03-28-2017, 09:17 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Farfetched, probably... (and heading into real soap opera territory) but I just don't want ANY Barry from ANY timeline to be Savitar.
I totally get why everyone wants Savitar to NOT be Barry...but he or Wally are the only outcomes that would present real moral dilemmas for everyone involved-- how the eff do they tackle that??

Also -- Danielle just teased a shocking ending to the episode tonight in her comment to this photo on instagram, most likely in the stinger after the FLASH card (CAN THEY JUST PUT US OUT OF OUR MISERY AND REVEAL WHO HE IS ALREADY????)
Old 03-28-2017, 01:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

Also someone on Reddit pointed out that the show is returning on APRIL 24th...which is a day before the FUTURE article "FLASH VANISHES, MISSING IN CRISIS" -- since 3x19 is "The Once & Future Flash -- it seems Barry will travel to that time period to see if Iris is still alive/what exactly happened to make him vanish & if that has anything to do with Savitar
Old 03-28-2017, 02:30 PM
Obsessed Fan

I love the musical episode it was fun to watch and a breath of fresh air after all the doom and gloom of the last episode. That proposal was so beautiful, beyond perfect. I was swooning right along with Iris.

Icon by Me
Old 03-28-2017, 08:59 PM
Loyal Fan

I just started watching the show a few weeks ago and have caught up. Could Savitar be Barry's Mothers doppelgänger? That would be shocking and be hard for him?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread