Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2016, 07:42 PM
Loyal Fan

showing a couple in bed together is plenty PG enough.

i can't even think of all the times shows have had couples in bed, appearing to be naked under the covers for a post-coital cuddling scene. it's basically the standard "after sex" way to imply it for shows that can't do full on sex scenes.

Barry and Iris can at LEAST have that.
Old 12-09-2016, 07:46 PM
Elite Fan

Even fictional couples are entitled to some privacy.
Old 12-09-2016, 07:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane eyes (View Post)
That was so gross . Why would he think that was ok to talk to her dad about?!

proty it's just a theory, not fact. I just think given they never had any sex scene on this show (or LoT) aside from some making out compared to that of Arrow which has a different tone that might be why. I don't know if they ever did a sex scene on Supergirl either since I don't watch, but Arrow was introduced and branded as a dark and more mature adaptation. I would think that The Flash should try and follow in Smallville's footsteps and allow those scenes to happen in a way that's tasteful and not super explicit.

It could also be that they are trying to keep a balance of romance and action where they didn't have that on Arrow and there was a lot of complaints. Now it seems they're almost too shy to piss anyone off so they ignore the romance to the point you kind of forget that Barry and Iris are now a couple. They definitely need a better balance between it all and, again, Smallville I think was a great example of that.
Yeah I have no idea Maybe that has something to do with it but they can definitely balance the romance and action better without pissing people off.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:45 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for the new thread.

Right now my biggest complain is lack of time. I haven't watch the crossovers nor the new episode which for what I've seen on Tumblr is all about westallen.

Icon by Me

Last edited by LunaSolTierra; 12-09-2016 at 08:51 PM
Old 12-09-2016, 09:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hopefully you can catch up.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Even fictional couples are entitled to some privacy.
We should all respect their personal space.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

True
Old 12-09-2016, 09:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It could also be that they are trying to keep a balance of romance and action where they didn't have that on Arrow and there was a lot of complaints. Now it seems they're almost too shy to piss anyone off so they ignore the romance to the point you kind of forget that Barry and Iris are now a couple. They definitely need a better balance between it all and, again, Smallville I think was a great example of that.
I'm guessing the writers handling of the unexpected Arrow romance has made them very cautious in following thru with the romance on this show, which is unfortunate for the fans.
Old 12-09-2016, 10:51 PM
Master Fan

Yeah I agree that they don't want to force too much romance down our throats. Also they've had a lot of story to tell so I can understand them focusing on other things. But with this new apartment set I'm hopeful that more attention will be given to them.
Old 12-09-2016, 11:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Yeah I hope so.
Old 12-10-2016, 02:31 AM
Elite Fan

Aside from the shared apartment I think they will also have more romance/Westallen in general because of that future flashforward Barry saw. I mean it could go the other way though. Either Barry wants to spend as much time with Iris as possible because of what he saw or he pushes her away eventually because he thinks this will protect her.
Old 12-10-2016, 02:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Hopefully he doesn't push her away.
Old 12-10-2016, 02:39 AM
Elite Fan

It could also be Iris breaking things off because she knows Barry is keeping a secret and he won't share, but I think that outcome is the least likely.
Old 12-10-2016, 06:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)
I'm guessing the writers handling of the unexpected Arrow romance has made them very cautious in following thru with the romance on this show, which is unfortunate for the fans.
I think you're very right about this.
Old 12-10-2016, 01:14 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Aside from the shared apartment I think they will also have more romance/Westallen in general because of that future flashforward Barry saw. I mean it could go the other way though. Either Barry wants to spend as much time with Iris as possible because of what he saw or he pushes her away eventually because he thinks this will protect her.
He'll probably keep her as close as possible and be the overprotective boyfriend.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread