Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2016, 01:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellielover19 (View Post)
Well hold on, let's not forget 2.12! That was probably the best Iris episode that season when she investigated the street racing stuff invocling Wally and was trying to get him out of it. I think this savitar sl would've come together quite nicely if she were investigating something away from the team that dealt with it, and then put the pieces together that it was somehow connected. But nope! Instead we got HR, and Cisco having a character lapse because of his brother.
Yeah agreed, HR is growing on me though.
Old 12-07-2016, 01:40 AM
Extreme Fan

Sigh! I will just say this: They better not kill anyone else this season. It has been depressing enough as it is.
Old 12-07-2016, 01:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I hope that doesn't happen either.
Old 12-07-2016, 03:23 AM
Loyal Fan

i think the network is altering and cutting certain scenes because they don't want Barry and Iris being too intimate onscreen.

the trailer was hotter than what we got in the episode. that was a different cut of the scene. this was the proof i needed.

it's obvious the network doesn't want them to be too intimate and i think the writers don't really want it either.

there is NO WAY that a white couple would not get a first time sex scene on a CW show. no way. none.
Old 12-07-2016, 04:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

I have been reading a lot in this Thread lately and i didnt post anything, but no i do.

I liked the Episode really, but i was Kind of disapponted there was no chiffhanger in the end.

Doing the Prophecys is a good way to Keep the Fandom speculating
My Speculation is that Caitin being the ones who betrays them is too easy, as much as Wally would be too easy for that part. So right know im going with Cisco.
For getting something that worse than Death, i realy dont know. could be pretty much anything
And the one dying could be anyone too. It wont be Iris, so maybe Wally, Joe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletspuffyfan (View Post)
there is NO WAY that a white couple would not get a first time sex scene on a CW show. no way. none.
Why does everything have to be about Race? There are miions of Reasons why the Network didnt Show a Sex Scene with them right know. Maybe they want to do it later. First the Flat, than the Sex Scene. The Episode itself was full of Iris & Barry Moments, so maybe they want to Keep a sex Scene for later. Or Maybe Candice doesnt feel confortable doing such Scene? She was pretty shy when i met her at Comic Con this Year. Thats pure Speculation, you know? I just really dont get the Race Argument.

*Icon by Mel
Old 12-07-2016, 04:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Yeah Cisco was my guess as well.
Old 12-07-2016, 06:10 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribere (View Post)
Why does everything have to be about Race? There are miions of Reasons why the Network didnt Show a Sex Scene with them right know. Maybe they want to do it later. First the Flat, than the Sex Scene. The Episode itself was full of Iris & Barry Moments, so maybe they want to Keep a sex Scene for later. Or Maybe Candice doesnt feel confortable doing such Scene? She was pretty shy when i met her at Comic Con this Year. Thats pure Speculation, you know? I just really dont get the Race Argument.
When every main couple gets a sex scene on screen but the interracial one doesn't people start wondering. It can't be because of the actors because they may be shy but they both got if not a sex scene at least one scene where it was heavily implied that the sex had happened.
I don't know if it has something to do with the writers/director of the specific episode because I think that the WA make-out session on the couch was the sexiest scene the show has had. It was interrupted and they were fully clothed but the kissing was good and they were both into it. So it's not like the show gives them only extremely chaste scenes.

I'm not too fussed because the episode had such beautiful moments between them that I was satisfied with what we got. You're right, it's entirely possible that they're saving it for another episode. There's also the fact that while the dropping of the coat was suggestive there was no furniture in the house. Are we supposed to think they did it on the floor or the kitchen counter? If we get nothing by the end of the season then maybe it's fair to speculate that something sketchy is going on.

I can see Cisco as the betrayer After he opened the box I thought he was going to become the new Alchemy

The death should happen in the season finale. According to that possible future Iris dies five months from now that is just in time for the finale.

I'm always happy to see Jay. He's such a wise character.

They're obviously setting up Julian and Caitlin as a new couple. I need to see more but they have enough things in common for at least some friendship moments. I wish they could keep Caitlin single for one season though
Old 12-07-2016, 06:31 AM
Master Fan

I would wonder if it's a race thing because of other CW shows but since this is the more fun and lighter superhero show compared to Arrow I think it's more about keeping the show in the PG 13 range. It's not like any other couple on this show has had racy scenes. I don't need to have sexy scenes but I need more scenes outside of Flash business. I would have loved to have seen Barry going Christmas shopping with Iris. If they wanted to show him being distracted he could have been distracted while shopping

I feel safe in saying this show is sexist though. Both Iris and Caitlin have been sidelined. I like HR but is he really necessary? We have Cisco for comic relief and Caitlin could have been the one training Wally.
Old 12-07-2016, 07:44 AM
Extreme Fan

I wouldn't think it was a race thing if it wasn't by one factor. Supergirl season one was in another network. Yes, both networks are from the same group, but even though they belong to same group, they are very different.

Well, Kara (Supergirl) romantic interest in her first season was Jimmy Olsen (African American in this version) and the season ended with them getting together. The show changes networks for the second season. What's the first thing the show does? It breaks up the interracial couple because Kara doesn't feel the same way any more, in spite of spending the entire season one completely in love and focused on Jimmy.

And now, she is dating/almost dating the Superhero white guy. It *can* be a coincidence, but considering the main couple in the CW network, one does wonder. But, as I said, I might be completely off base here. I'm not American. I have no idea how American TV works, and I sure don't watch a lot of CW shows either. So, maybe it's just a coincidence after all.

I really don't know.
Old 12-07-2016, 08:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianamed (View Post)
And now, she is dating/almost dating the Superhero white guy. It *can* be a coincidence, but considering the main couple in the CW network, one does wonder.
I get what you mean. I dont watch mutch other CW Shows, but on the 100, there is a Character ( a Girl) who is POC and she had 3 Sex Scenes already.

*Icon by Mel
Old 12-07-2016, 08:32 AM
Addicted Fan

2.12 wasn't a storyline for Iris. Sure she did digging (same as in 3.03/3.09...) and was a big part of Wally's storyline for 1 ep, but she hasn't had a character arc spanning many episodes for a long time. Supporting characters like Cisco/Caitlin/Wells get character arcs while Iris stands around until she gets to be have things to do once every 6-7eps.

Quote:
i think the network is altering and cutting certain scenes because they don't want Barry and Iris being too intimate onscreen.

the trailer was hotter than what we got in the episode. that was a different cut of the scene. this was the proof i needed.

it's obvious the network doesn't want them to be too intimate and i think the writers don't really want it either.

But trailers are often misleading. That scene was meant to be beautiful and romantic, not sexy. I don't even think it was supposed to imply sex later on, I mean that floor is dirty. I could be wrong, but I'm not sold that we've missed their first. I think their first time will be on their new shared bed in a fully furnished bedroom, the night they move in 3.10.

I'm honestly glad they didn't do it in Barry's bedroom at Joe's or someone's couch.
Old 12-07-2016, 08:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, people are wondering if it is a race thing because it always happens on CW shows. Elena and Caroline get love scenes on the Vampire Diaries while Bonnie, the only black girl, gets 5 second blink and you miss it ones.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 12-07-2016, 09:17 AM
Loyal Fan

i think the removal of the coat was meant to imply sex, otherwise we'd just pan out to them kissing with their coats on.

so we missed it.
Old 12-07-2016, 09:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
i think the removal of the coat was meant to imply sex, otherwise we'd just pan out to them kissing with their coats on.

so we missed it.
That's what I thought.

The only reason I'm not mad is that they're living together and they have that big apartment so I am hopeful we will start getting more scenes now. They've been neglected so far this season.
Old 12-07-2016, 09:47 AM
Loyal Fan

yeah, but even if we get that, their first time was stolen from us.

that should have been a significant moment for them.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread