Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2016, 02:50 PM
Total Fan

According to Todd Helbing (The Flash boss teases consequences of Flashpoint | EW.com), the rift between Iris and Joe was the result of something in Season 2, so maybe Francine-related?

Quote:
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: In both timelines, Iris does not have a relationship with Joe. First, are the reasons they’re on the outs in both timelines the same, and secondly, can you tease what’s going on there and how it’ll affect everyone?
TODD HELBING:
It is not the same reason, but the reason why Iris and Joe don’t speak right now outside of Flashpoint is due to something that happened in season 2, but that’s all I can tell you.
I guess we'll never find out what caused the rift between the two during Flashpoint though...
Old 10-10-2016, 04:27 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks .

All I can think about for s2 is about her mom. Maybe Joe doesn't tell her she's alive/dying and wanting to meet with Iris so she finds out too late or something .
Old 10-11-2016, 01:06 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leelala (View Post)
Not sure how it will all play out but I can only imagine how Iris will feel once she finds out Barry changed her relationship with her father I just hope Barry doesn't start lying again ..
See I have a hard time feeling bad about this, because Joe has been a terrible father to Iris in the default timeline and Iris moving out and cutting contact with him after the crap he pulled in s1 and lying to her about her mother being dead for like 20 years is like the best thing for her. So technically this is the superior timeline where Joe might actually acknowledge that she deserves better?

Although given Flash writers' track record...but 3.01 was the first Flash ep ever that didn't turn me off by being clouded over by the usual patriarchal bull the show has been so fond of.

Last edited by ParsD; 10-11-2016 at 01:21 AM
Old 10-11-2016, 02:12 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane eyes (View Post)
Thanks .

All I can think about for s2 is about her mom. Maybe Joe doesn't tell her she's alive/dying and wanting to meet with Iris so she finds out too late or something .
That was one of the biggest problems we had with and spoke about. I'd rather Francine be alive but sadly that won't happen so.

So the Killer Frost story could have a happy ending? If there's a sweet scene.

(I'd rather they didn't spend much time on it. I dunno Caitlin/Killer Frost is all round boring. But it's a Kevin Smith episode so should be good)

Old 10-11-2016, 10:33 AM
Supreme Fan

^ I'm actually looking forward to this Iris/Caitlin sweet scene. I hope it's a heart-to-heart and not a quick hug that happens in the middle of a group scene.

Old 10-11-2016, 11:32 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for those.

Yeah all I'm seeing is Draco Malfoy giving shiit to Harry...I mean Barry .
Old 10-11-2016, 11:44 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireQueen (View Post)
^ I'm actually looking forward to this Iris/Caitlin sweet scene. I hope it's a heart-to-heart and not a quick hug that happens in the middle of a group scene.
The heart-to-heart yeah sure. I meant the whole Killer Frost thing. They didn't develop it well. So if they can't commit to it then just leave it.

Thanks for the clips. I think I like Julian
Old 10-11-2016, 01:06 PM
Total Fan

Okay, I kind of like snarky Julian.

I'm pretty sure he's going to know Barry's secret by the end of the Season... since that seems to be the way things go on this show .
Old 10-11-2016, 01:40 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParsD (View Post)
See I have a hard time feeling bad about this, because Joe has been a terrible father to Iris in the default timeline and Iris moving out and cutting contact with him after the crap he pulled in s1 and lying to her about her mother being dead for like 20 years is like the best thing for her. So technically this is the superior timeline where Joe might actually acknowledge that she deserves better?

Although given Flash writers' track record...but 3.01 was the first Flash ep ever that didn't turn me off by being clouded over by the usual patriarchal bull the show has been so fond of.
Yeah I do get what u mean.. will the writers pay their dues? Hmm not sure..

Thanks for sharing the clips btw. . I don't see Malfoy at all, toms a great actor and this role has quite the centered and mature subtleness about him that Malfoy never had.

R.I.P Nelsan Ellis.. "Being different gives the world color"
Old 10-11-2016, 01:46 PM
Elite Fan

When I said all I see is Malfoy I didn't mean to discredit Tom as an actor. He's a very strong actor, but growing up seeing him as one way has hindered me from being able to see him without associating Malfoy to him. It's legit the same with every HP character. I know when I go see B&TB I won't see Belle and the Beast, but Hermione .
Old 10-11-2016, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the videos.
Old 10-11-2016, 05:16 PM
Elite Fan

Old 10-11-2016, 07:15 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new goodies!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 10-11-2016, 09:10 PM
Elite Fan

Well Iris and Joe were resolved...fast.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:12 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm so glad Wells come s back! And i'm guessing this means Wally will be getting his speed too!???