Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2016, 02:29 PM
Loyal Fan

i hope they give us an actual scene of them in bed together. like a post-coital scene at least. and none of that fully-clothed, we're both in pajamas stuff either.

we deserve a naked under the covers bed scene, lol.
Old 10-23-2016, 04:01 PM
Elite Fan

Do you think they will go with the the theme of them starting to be a couple and make their first time together super awkward and you have the scene of them in bed looking uncomfortable and confused about what happened? I could totally see this happening tbh.
Old 10-23-2016, 04:07 PM
Obsessed Fan

They made their first date awkward. I'm 150% against them ever doing that to them. It would seem extremely suspect to me, like, everyone else has a good first time on DCTV universe but it's awkward for the interracial couple.
Old 10-23-2016, 04:10 PM
Elite Fan

I didn't even think about that implication. I just assumed it would be awkward for them because of their history of being besties and raised together. I would think it would be awkward for anyone in that situation. Plus it's a pretty standard cliche. They have done it on other cw shows.
Old 10-23-2016, 04:44 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah it would be suspicious as hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletspuffyfan (View Post)
i hope they give us an actual scene of them in bed together. like a post-coital scene at least. and none of that fully-clothed, we're both in pajamas stuff either.

we deserve a naked under the covers bed scene, lol.
It is a family show so I'm having to reign in my expectations but they can make it special if they choose to. Some of my favorite OTPs have been what today's modern fandom would call "chaste" but they were the most beautiful OTPs I've ever shipped. It's all about the time they spend on developing the beautiful and meaningful moments like that. The right person needs to be writing that episode.
Old 10-23-2016, 06:19 PM
Loyal Fan

i could maybe see them making the first time awkward (i've seen that on TONS of shows), except that if they do that that would mean a whole episode's subplot is about sex, and i'm not sure if i see them doing that on this show.

i mean, they could. i'm just not sure if they'd want to.

but having a scene of them in bed post-coital, naked under the covers is fine- i've seen that on LOTS of 8pm shows. esp if it's romantic and sweet, with them saying i love you, etc. it's pretty standard.
Old 10-24-2016, 03:30 AM
Master Fan

I don't expect no NC-17 bits but there are definitely ways to show it in very sensual and sexy way without being direct. That's what I want to see - the closeness and intimacy.
Old 10-24-2016, 04:16 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelena&Bamon (View Post)
They made their first date awkward. I'm 150% against them ever doing that to them. It would seem extremely suspect to me, like, everyone else has a good first time on DCTV universe but it's awkward for the interracial couple.
This. I stopped shipping Dan and Blair on GG after they made their first time boring. In a show where everyone had amazing sex that was the first nail in the Dair coffin.

If they did it with WA it would be even worse because they're an interracial couple. People already say that they are like siblings, that they don't have sexual chemistry (but for some reason he has it with every white girl despite looking more like a boy than a man...). They also pick apart every single kiss they have and that never happened with other couples on this show. Making their first date boring was a mistake. Making their first time awkward and nothing special is basically begging people not to ship them. I'll drop the show if it happens. It sends the message that the characters don't click on any level and that the romance is forced.

I don't ask for something graphic like the TVD sex scenes. I don't even expect anything like the Olicity first time but it has to be romantic and special and they have to enjoy it
Old 10-24-2016, 05:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireQueen (View Post)
I don't ask for something graphic like the TVD sex scenes. I don't even expect anything like the Olicity first time but it has to be romantic and special and they have to enjoy it
DITTO!

I think there is a lot of sexual chemistry bottled up and I hope they will work it in a proper way so we get something special. We deserve it and what's most important Barry and Iris definitely deserve it.
Old 10-24-2016, 09:19 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
If they did it with WA it would be even worse because they're an interracial couple. People already say that they are like siblings, that they don't have sexual chemistry (but for some reason he has it with every white girl despite looking more like a boy than a man...). They also pick apart every single kiss they have and that never happened with other couples on this show. Making their first date boring was a mistake. Making their first time awkward and nothing special is basically begging people not to ship them. I'll drop the show if it happens. It sends the message that the characters don't click on any level and that the romance is forced.
This.

After last ep, I'm really not expecting much. This seems to be the season of Caitlin and as we saw in 3.03 the writers are all too happy to push WA into D-plot and give them bull**** sls just to fill time and pass the milestones. This is not how you treat an OTP, but Jesse/Wells/Caitlin need sceentime to be pointless and boring. /shrug
Old 10-24-2016, 12:25 PM
Obsessed Fan

I wonder if the Mirror Master will stick around or just be a one-off. They need to really try villain arcs which don't just exist of big bads.

He's not what I thought he would be.

Quote:
This. I stopped shipping Dan and Blair on GG after they made their first time boring. In a show where everyone had amazing sex that was the first nail in the Dair coffin.
Lol! Same! I was like, "WTF? No thank-you."
Old 10-24-2016, 12:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParsD (View Post)
This.

After last ep, I'm really not expecting much. This seems to be the season of Caitlin and as we saw in 3.03 the writers are all too happy to push WA into D-plot and give them bull**** sls just to fill time and pass the milestones. This is not how you treat an OTP, but Jesse/Wells/Caitlin need sceentime to be pointless and boring. /shrug
well, i was thinking about this and tbh they could be doing it this way so that it's easier for them to have Barry and Iris last on a permanent basis (like they should).

i've noticed that non-shipper fans of the show don't think of it as being a show that has a lot of romance in it- if it's in there, it's never the total focus or takes away too much from the action stuff (and that's why they like it better than O/F for example, which they think ruined Arrow).

so we may not get AS much focus per episode on WA as we would like (a couple cute scenes in each ep, with maybe just a few eps per season with a heavier focus), but the tradeoff there is that they're probably going to last much longer.

so, i don't know- i think i'm okay with that. i definitely want them to be a permanent couple and if this is their way of ensuring that happens...i'm good with most of the show being action-oriented.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:57 PM
Elite Fan

As someone who dropped Arrow because of Felicity/Olicity I don't have an issue with romance, but I have an issue when everything is super unbalanced and one character/couple is forced into every scene/plot/arc. There's truth with overexposure and I believe that Arrow didn't get that manual.

As someone who has no ships on this show I wouldn't be opposed to having more romance scenes, but what I need is better female representation. I don't want them to write romance and claim that "see we have a bunch of scenes for our female lead!" because woman are more than just their relationship. Both Iris and Caitlin have suffered from having no real depth to their characters (imo) compared to the men on the show. I can't ship a couple unless I care about both parties and I don't care about Iris or Caitlin because the writing doesn't support them the way it should. Just my thoughts .
Old 10-24-2016, 01:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

Any new spoilers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelena&Bamon (View Post)
I wonder if the Mirror Master will stick around or just be a one-off. They need to really try villain arcs which don't just exist of big bads.
I've seen posters in here make reference to Buffy and it's the best show to highlight some flaws in The Flash. There was always running storyline alongside the Big Bad of the season, The Flash fails to do that but just bringing in great comic villains for the flavor of the week.
Old 10-24-2016, 05:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletspuffyfan (View Post)
well, i was thinking about this and tbh they could be doing it this way so that it's easier for them to have Barry and Iris last on a permanent basis (like they should).

i've noticed that non-shipper fans of the show don't think of it as being a show that has a lot of romance in it- if it's in there, it's never the total focus or takes away too much from the action stuff (and that's why they like it better than O/F for example, which they think ruined Arrow).

so we may not get AS much focus per episode on WA as we would like (a couple cute scenes in each ep, with maybe just a few eps per season with a heavier focus), but the tradeoff there is that they're probably going to last much longer.

so, i don't know- i think i'm okay with that. i definitely want them to be a permanent couple and if this is their way of ensuring that happens...i'm good with most of the show being action-oriented.
Agreed. I think the producers are making a conscious effort to not have the romance overtake the show to avoid backlash like on arrow, and I'm fine with that.

I've always been Iris West-Allen. I've always been yours.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread