Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2016, 06:38 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter wonderland (View Post)
You people are shipping Linda and Wally and hating on Jesse and Wally because she's white? You might as well hate Iris and Barry too, oh wait.
Old 06-02-2016, 06:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulContradiction (View Post)
The westallen people. hahaha I should have reworded that, I'm black myself tho
Old 06-02-2016, 06:53 PM
Passionate Fan

What difference does it make if you're black or not? None of the "you people" in your quote said they hate or dislike Jesse because of the fact she's white. That's a very mountain out of a molehill accusation that you have made.

Scorpiochick said she's not interested in Wally/Jesse and would prefer the comic canon pairing of Wally/Linda.

ParsD discussed how there is a tendency to sideline WOC and it sucks given how pivotal Linda is in the comics.

So your conclusion was what reverse racism?

Westallen people?? SuitUp has a Westallen icon, prefers Wally/Linda but likes Violette is she included in your "you people" who "hate Jesse" cos she's white??

I find QuickWest cute but your conclusions about these posters comments is absolutely absurd and I'm done with you.
Old 06-02-2016, 07:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

What proof is there that Linda was sidelined because she's WOC? this show has sexism 4 sure but idk about racism

poor westallen is always cockblocked by the timelines though

Barry could have had the booty but instead he stuck his D in the timeline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulContradiction (View Post)
and I'm done with you.
Ok bye
Old 06-02-2016, 07:20 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
The westallen people. hahaha I should have reworded that, I'm black myself tho
I'm a WestAllen person though . I like Jesse, but I'd just prefer Wally/Linda even though I think Jesse/Wally have been cute so far.

Love was here. It made me complete, happy. How could I easily let it go?

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!
Old 06-02-2016, 07:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahfan (View Post)
I'm a WestAllen person though . I like Jesse, but I'd just prefer Wally/Linda even though I think Jesse/Wally have been cute so far.
That's fair
Old 06-02-2016, 10:30 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
What proof is there that Linda was sidelined because she's WOC? this show has sexism 4 sure but idk about racism
Reading comprehension? I never said it was because, but how this show has a precedence of doing it. Berlanti verse as a whole. Superfemenist has 0 WoC. Arrow got rid of all of theirs. Flash has 1 who, despite being second billed, is the most sidelined character. Legends got rid of their 1 WoC. So yeah, all that given, I'm not zomg shocked Linda is cut even though she'd bring far more to the show than Caitlin/Wells/Jesse. ...in Linda/Iris' case it could be that tptb are anti-talented actresses, since Mal/CP are by far my flarrow favorites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahfan (View Post)
I'd take Linda over Jesse any day. I feel like the writers feel Jesse looks young enough for Wally. But the kdrama fan in me is not afraid of Wally getting his noona romance on. Linda is the same age as Iris, right? I am, at present, not too excited for season 3. My sister and I both had the same reaction to the finale. I will probably not watch next season until it's over, for real this time
Are you me? In the comics Linda is older than Wally too, and more mature, thinks of him as a bit of a dumb dumb initially. It's such a fun dynamic.

Jesse/Wally stuff is cute, I guess.

Last edited by ParsD; 06-02-2016 at 10:38 PM
Old 06-03-2016, 06:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParsD (View Post)

Are you me? In the comics Linda is older than Wally too, and more mature, thinks of him as a bit of a dumb dumb initially. It's such a fun dynamic.

Jesse/Wally stuff is cute, I guess.
I'm a big comic fan too and would prefer Wally/Linda but I'm not sure it's happening. I'd take Wally/Jesse if it can't happen.
Old 06-03-2016, 06:13 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
because she's white?
Old 06-03-2016, 06:15 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
This is like the #1 question I get… Yes, I am. I think, just my research in doing the comics and knowing how much Barry and Iris kind of support each other, I like that storyline. I think it makes a lot of sense that Barry, while he has super powers, needs the people around him to support him and pick him up when he feels like giving up or giving in. We use this phrase a lot on this show, you know that ‘Iris is his lightning rod’. He constantly says things like 'There wouldn’t be a Flash without you, Iris’, and so I think it’s really important that no matter how big and mighty The Flash is, he’s got a woman beside him that helps him be the best man that he can be. And so, that’s an honor for me to play. So yeah, I would like to see the canon relationship kind of come to fruition, and we’ve been hinting at that since day one on The Flash… [Moderator: It’s like watching The Office now, the whole nation is rooting for a couple to happen] Yeah, we’ve seen the newspaper from the future that says that they’re married. They’re married on Earth 2. It’s just a matter of time before they finally get their act together on Earth 1 and make it happen.

So, yeah, I would love to see that. But more importantly, I always advocate for my character, and any woman who’s involved in a romance on a television show, that her storyline is more than just her romance, right? Because women are not just about the men that we are associated with, we are so much more than that. We are intellectuals, we are powerful, we have are own storylines that have nothing to do with men. And I think that if we express that on TV shows, it helps young women who are watching understand that you don’t necessarily need to have a man beside you to do great things in this world. It’s nice, it’s great. You know, we would all love to have a Barry Allen, but Iris West is just fine as her own woman.
— Candice Patton on whether she wants Barry and Iris to get together on the show.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 06-03-2016, 10:06 PM
Total Fan

Can you imagine Linda interacting with "Kid Flash" (if that happens) in the TV show, especially if Wally has a crush on her? It could be kind of cute.
Old 06-07-2016, 02:48 AM
Absolute Fan

Spoiler drought is killing me

R.I.P Nelsan Ellis.. "Being different gives the world color"
Old 06-07-2016, 06:52 AM
Passionate Fan

Same
Old 06-09-2016, 02:18 PM
Addicted Fan

Egg-sigh-ting news.

Quote:
Question: Any hints on The Flash‘s Season 3 Big Bad? I’m hoping Mirror Master is introduced! —Mike
Ausiello: I’m seeing nothing firm (yet) on Mirror Master being introduced, but here’s a curious new breakdown to wrap your noodle around: For Season 3, the CW hit is casting the major recurring character of Barry’s slightly older, slightly geekier contemporary, a guy who is as smart as he is intuitive. As such, this newcomer doesn’t buy Barry’s nice guy routine and sets out to learn what he’s hiding — all while concealing some secrets of his own….
(x)

Looks like we're getting scientist #93824 aka Ray 2.0.

He'll probably date Caitlin (because Iris isn't allowed storylines) and they'll tease Caitlin betraying Barry for a bit. Also Ray 2.0 will end up being the villain. No fresh ideas in sight.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:01 PM
Loyal Fan

having a non-meta villain could be good for getting the show back to feeling lighthearted and fun again though, so i'm here for that, if that's what's happening.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread