Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2016, 11:01 PM
Absolute Fan

Thanks for sharing.. That video was good

R.I.P Nelsan Ellis.. "Being different gives the world color"
Old 01-11-2016, 11:07 PM
Loyal Fan

hopefully these are the last stills for an episode we have to see Patty in. i know she's in 2x11 though, so maybe it's second to last.

i just really hope they don't have Barry say he loves her.
Old 01-12-2016, 09:44 AM
Loyal Fan

in TV Line's preview of returning shows, in their Flash blurb, Kreisberg says that after the Wally family stuff, Iris's "journalism and her romantic life start to come to the forefront."

so it sounds like Scott will be a love interest for sure. but i'm thinking that ultimately this HAS to be about making her realize her feelings for Barry, right?
Old 01-12-2016, 09:57 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
THE FLASH

"Barry decides to take the fight to Zoom" in Episode 13, which also marks the beginning of a journey to Earth-Two for the speedster and some of his team, executive producer Andrew Kreisberg previews. "There is such crazy, off-the-chart, wackadoo stuff" – more than just Caitlin and Ronnie's evil doppelgangers! – in those installments, the EP adds. Back on Earth-One, Harry and Zoom's alliance will shed light on the Big Bad's motivations, while Cisco is "going to start to learn just how powerful he really could be," which will in turn "send him on a very different hero's journey," Kreisberg teases. Back at the West homestead, Iris and Joe have to make some "tough" adjustments with regards to Wally. But after that, Iris' "journalism and her romantic life begin to move to the frontburner," Kreisberg says. Speaking of love, Caitlin will find "herself drawn ever more closer" to Jay, who is trying to get his powers back.
RETURN DATE: Tuesday, Jan. 19 at 8/7c (The CW)
Winter TV Preview: Returning Favorites | TVLine
Old 01-12-2016, 10:05 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletspuffyfan (View Post)
in TV Line's preview of returning shows, in their Flash blurb, Kreisberg says that after the Wally family stuff, Iris's "journalism and her romantic life start to come to the forefront."

so it sounds like Scott will be a love interest for sure. but i'm thinking that ultimately this HAS to be about making her realize her feelings for Barry, right?
If Scott is her boss, it's not a good idea for him to date his employees.
Old 01-12-2016, 10:43 AM
Absolute Fan

Of all the problems I've had with the writing for Iris, her dating her boss is not high up on the list for me. I'm here for it, depending on how it's written, which...yeah... . lol With that said, I don't necessarily think they have to date for him to play a factor in her romantic life. As I've said before, maybe Linda, Barry, someone else notices that they have some chemistry or think there may be something between them, which finally leads to a discussion about Eddie, Iris' feelings for Barry, and/or whether or not she's ready to date. Obviously, we need to see that, regardless of what may or may not be happening between Iris and Scott. Though again, I'm here for an Iris/Scott flirtation, at the very least and of course some real focus on her journalism career.
Old 01-12-2016, 01:22 PM
Loyal Fan

what's odd to me though is that the way they're setting this up, it makes it look like they're first going to resurrect the idea of Barry/Iris on E2, which will perk our Barry back up to the possibility again, but then bring in a new love interest for Iris on E1, which i assume will make our Barry jealous/uncomfortable AGAIN, before Iris shows feelings of her own.

i'd be shocked if Barry is as indifferent to Iris dating as she's been to him and Patty, so the fact that they're going back once more to Barry being jealous before Iris feels anything, really surprises me.

i thought for sure we were going to get IRIS feeling something or pining for him for once, before putting her with yet another person. i figured they must have realized that what we need to see in this story is Iris's feelings for Barry- i mean, we all know how Barry feels, even before whatever's going to happen on E2.

but maybe what they're trying to do is set up another mini-triangle, so that this time Iris can ultimately choose Barry instead of Scott? Unlike what happened last year with Eddie? i guess that could be the idea. (if that's the plan though, i still don't understand what the point of Patty was in this whole season- she served NO purpose other than to get Barry laid. It was a complete waste of time).
Old 01-12-2016, 01:42 PM
Absolute Fan

I hope by romance they simply mean a flirtation with Scott.. Much like scorpio_chick thats a sight i'd like to see but maybe when he "asks her out" she attempts to go on a date bc she is in fact over Eddie but then is like nope I can't stop thinking about Barry

R.I.P Nelsan Ellis.. "Being different gives the world color"
Old 01-12-2016, 03:18 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
what's odd to me though is that the way they're setting this up, it makes it look like they're first going to resurrect the idea of Barry/Iris on E2, which will perk our Barry back up to the possibility again, but then bring in a new love interest for Iris on E1, which i assume will make our Barry jealous/uncomfortable AGAIN, before Iris shows feelings of her own.

i'd be shocked if Barry is as indifferent to Iris dating as she's been to him and Patty, so the fact that they're going back once more to Barry being jealous before Iris feels anything, really surprises me.

i thought for sure we were going to get IRIS feeling something or pining for him for once, before putting her with yet another person. i figured they must have realized that what we need to see in this story is Iris's feelings for Barry- i mean, we all know how Barry feels, even before whatever's going to happen on E2.

but maybe what they're trying to do is set up another mini-triangle, so that this time Iris can ultimately choose Barry instead of Scott? Unlike what happened last year with Eddie? i guess that could be the idea. (if that's the plan though, i still don't understand what the point of Patty was in this whole season- she served NO purpose other than to get Barry laid. It was a complete waste of time).
I think you're assuming a lot based on very little information. We don't know much about what's happening with Barry and Iris on E2, let alone what will come from that. Yeah, it's plausible that whatever happens on E2 will awaken Barry's feelings but I don't think that necessarily means Barry would be jealous or that there would really be anything to be jealous of. Again, we don't know that Iris and Scott are actually going to date. The romantic aspect could simply be Iris finally wanting to open up about Barry and Eddie with Scott being a catalyst for that in some way. Like I said, I wouldn't mind them dating but I wouldn't assume that he's here to serve primarily as her love interest. I hope to see just as much focus on her journalism career as her romantic life. Both were mentioned in the preview.
Old 01-12-2016, 07:56 PM
Total Fan

Diggle and Barry:

Old 01-12-2016, 08:20 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the goodies!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 01-12-2016, 09:33 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:

I'm at a point where I'll believe it when I see it. Being too disappointed way too many times.

Icon by Me
Old 01-12-2016, 10:09 PM
Passionate Fan

Dig and Barry, yay!

Love was here. It made me complete, happy. How could I easily let it go?

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!
Old 01-13-2016, 12:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Winter TV Preview: Returning Favorites | TVLine
Quote:
THE FLASH
"Barry decides to take the fight to Zoom" in Episode 13, which also marks the beginning of a journey to Earth-Two for the speedster and some of his team, executive producer Andrew Kreisberg previews. "There is such crazy, off-the-chart, wackadoo stuff" – more than just Caitlin and Ronnie's evil doppelgangers! – in those installments, the EP adds. Back on Earth-One, Harry and Zoom's alliance will shed light on the Big Bad's motivations, while Cisco is "going to start to learn just how powerful he really could be," which will in turn "send him on a very different hero's journey," Kreisberg teases. Back at the West homestead, Iris and Joe have to make some "tough" adjustments with regards to Wally. But after that, Iris' "journalism and her romantic life begin to move to the frontburner," Kreisberg says. Speaking of love, Caitlin will find "herself drawn ever more closer" to Jay, who is trying to get his powers back.

RETURN DATE: Tuesday, Jan. 19 at 8/7c (The CW)
Old 01-13-2016, 06:51 AM
Supreme Fan

We've finally found our time slowing meta-human

Quote:
The Flash
Posted January 11 2016 — 9:53 PM EST

The Flash has tapped Battlestar Galactica alum Aaron Douglas to play the DC Comics villain The Turtle in the midseason premiere, EW has learned exclusively.

In the comics, the 1940s version of the villain used tricks of slowness in battle against Jay Garrick (played on The Flash by Teddy Sears), while his successor, a scientific genus who went by the name Turtle Man, created devices based on slowness to battle Barry Allen (Grant Gustin). On the show, the team hunts down this meta-human who can slow time itself.

“In a surprisingly funny twist, Cisco [Carlos Valdes] has actually been hunting The Turtle the entire series,” executive producer Andrew Kreisberg says. “To Barry’s surprise, everybody knows about Cisco’s hunt for the great white whale, which is The Turtle; he’s the only one who didn’t know about it. We love the idea that there was a villain out there that they knew about, but they just haven’t bothered to tell the audience about yet. All Barry wants to do is get faster, because if he can get faster, he can take on Zoom. He’s going up against a villain who is literally slowing him down. This is one of our best episodes coming back that we’ve ever done. It feels big and emotional.”

Eagle-eyed BSG fans spotted Douglas, who played cylon Galen Tyrol, a.k.a The Chief, in a recent promo.

The Flash returns Tuesday, Jan. 19 at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.
The Flash casts Battlestar Galactica alum Aaron Douglas as The Turtle | EW.com
Closed Thread   Post New Thread