Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2015, 04:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRBleyton4ever (View Post)
Spoiler Room: Grey's Anatomy, The Flash, Supergirl, more spoilers | EW.com

Seriously? Barry is not Joe's son, never has been never will be. Joe's only been a prominent figure in his life cause his actual father was in jail but even then, he was still visiting him. It's bad enough the writers shaft Joe/Iris and Barry/Barry, I could do without the useless tension between Barry & Wally.
Thanks for the link.

I find the Barry/Joe story to be one of the most compelling and most beautifully done on the show. I think for a man to take in a little boy, who is not biologically related, and provide him with a home and unconditional love equal to that of a biological son...is beautiful. It even transcends race. The human capacity to love and show decency by the character of Joe is one of the best aspects of the character and show which is truly unique on television at the moment.

Father figures on television right now are awful. From the downright selfish and manipulative to the uncaring and stupid television 'fathers' on screen, Joe is a breath of fresh air. He's trying his best to raise a daughter and a son (his best friend's) alone and raise them to be good upstanding individuals of character. Yeah, he messes up from time to time in judgement, but all people do. But he loves both of them and wants the best for them, and wants them be their best.
Old 12-13-2015, 04:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

I don't find Barry and Joe's relationship compelling or beautiful when it comes first and overshadows the relationship between a father and daughter who are both people of color. It's disrespectful as the white pseduo son takes precent over Joe's black daughter who is then forced to carry the stereotype of the "strong black woman".

A potrayal of a black father who somehow manages to favor his non biological white "son" (who has countless father figures) over his black daughter. Disgusting.

And the clear misogynistic writing in his treatment of Barry and Iris: ignores Iris for dating Eddie, his parnter. Encourages Barry to date his partner, Patty. Some many instances in S1 but I'd rather not be frustrated.
Old 12-13-2015, 05:54 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer (View Post)
I feel like after the events of Dark Water, it would be a perfect time to have Iris cross over for an episode of Arrow looking to get the scoop on Dhark.
HA! Yeah right!
Old 12-13-2015, 06:32 PM
Master Fan

Barry and Joe are problematic, I used to really enjoy them early days then it became what is it now and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Speedster (View Post)
My God, that Batty scene was cringe worthy ! Is sex ever supposed to be just nice? The laughs were so forced .

For once TPTB deleted a scene that deserved to get cut .
Nice, vanilla sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiredToDamon (View Post)
YAAAAS! Team Zoom all the way!

I mean it is true though. Everyone thinks he was a virgin last season with the way he was behaving. Linda was there to get him started and now Patty is there to walk him through the door and make a man out of him. Good for you, Barry. I just don't have to watched it.

Confirmation the Virgin Barry is no longer

Glad it was cut too!
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 12-14-2015, 01:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

New Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyStillBlue (View Post)
x.
Then we'll have to agree to disagree.