Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2015, 08:24 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by london grammar (View Post)
Also, the writers are doing a poor job with Barry/Patty, imo. Joe said that Barry can barely keep his eyes off of her? Really? Most of the time, she approaches him and he is surprised that she's there. Huh? Or maybe it's the way Grant is playing it.
Yeah, when Joe said that, I was like "Wait, what? She keeps following Barry around the station trying to flirt with him, and he keeps trying to duck out of the situation. He hasn't even bothered giving her his number. Why are you acting like Barry is the one showing interest here?"

I also have a big issue with Joe suddenly deciding it's okay for Barry to date Patty (his partner) when he gave Iris such a hard time for dating Eddie (also his partner). He disapproved of Eddie wanting to marry Iris because he knew she was in love with Barry, and yet here Barry says straight up that he's still in love with Iris, and Joe's all "Yeah, no biggie. Go start a relationship with someone else"

To be fair, though, I do like Patty when she's doing police stuff with Joe. But this B/P stuff is just not working for me (and it's not just because I love WestAllen. I was fine with Felicity. I was fine with Linda. But Patty I'm not so fine with. It's just too forced.).

Aside from the B/P stuff, I actually really liked this episode. Iris had a decent storyline going on (and an intro to Wally West ). I do wish that Barry would show a bit more concern for what she's going through rather than a casual "How's Iris" to Joe. Poor Iris, sitting on the stairs in the dark crying her eyes out. Someone needs to step up and give that girl a hug!
Old 10-27-2015, 09:11 PM
Extreme Fan

That episode was so good. I wasn't expecting that at the end at all!
Loving Patty more and more.
Excited for the next episode to see more of Wells.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:21 PM
Master Fan

Extended promo

Tom
Old 10-27-2015, 11:04 PM
Master Fan

Damn, Danielle Panabaker did such a fantastic job in tonight's episode. It was so good. I very much enjoyed it.

"์•„ ์•„๊นŒ๋Š” ๋ชป ๋ฐ›์•„์„œ ๋ฏธ์•ˆํ•ด
์นœ๊ตฌ๋ฅผ ๋งŒ๋‚˜๋Š๋ผ
shy shy shy
Old 10-27-2015, 11:50 PM
Absolute Fan

I only have one good thing to say about this episode, which is that I'm glad Iris knows about Wally. Now if only the writers would show us Iris investigating, instead of telling is. And giving her more than 2-3 minutes of airtime would be nice too.

I just can't enjoy this story with Francine at all. Making her a deadbeat and a drug addict was bad enough but having Iris completely blame her mom while letting Joe off the hook, despite telling the most egregious lie, is both laughable and infuriating.

The Firestorm part of this episode was ok, I like Jax but my goodness did they give Caitlin some cringeworthy lines...again. lol

The stuff with Joe/Barry/Patty was truly forced and WTF to me. First of all, why is Joe pushing Barry to move on with Patty? WTH would he encourage a relationship between them, especially given what we saw last season??? Why is Joe concerned more about Barry's dating life than Barry supporting Iris right now? And speaking of Iris, why haven't we seen her and Barry talk about their relationship? Why don't we know if she's still mourning Eddie? Why exactly is Barry ready to move on again??? Second chance at love? Boy...

To be clear, these are rhetorical questions. lol Obviously, the writers care less about continuity and more about pushing the current story with Barry and Patty, whether or not it actually makes sense. How dreadful.
Old 10-28-2015, 12:04 AM
Loyal Fan

yeah, i agree, but the fact that Barry/Patty is happening so fast still makes me hopeful it will be relatively short-lived.

if anything, this episode kind of confirmed the temporariness of it, imo, since he's forcing himself to be into it. Also, Barry and Joe's conversation seemed to indicate that Barry has really never had a real girlfriend (aside from Becky Cooper I guess).

which again makes me think this Patty thing really is just about giving him some experience before he can be with Iris.
Old 10-28-2015, 12:53 AM
Absolute Fan

Oh, I don't really care nor am I worried about Patty or Barry/Patty. I'm just really annoyed with how the writers are neglecting, even sabotaging Barry and Iris in their attempt to sell Barry and Patty. I mean, Barry asking Joe how Iris was doing, instead of actually seeing for himself? Makes no sense. Joe encouraging Barry to move on from Iris and in the same episode that ends with Iris all alone in the dark crying? Terrible.

Yep, the writers are definitely going out of their way to underplay Barry and Iris right now, which ironically makes Barry and Patty look even less genuine.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:30 AM
Master Fan

Australian promo

you're my home

So Earth 2 Linda is Dr. Light...
Old 10-28-2015, 05:39 AM
Absolute Fan

Thanks for sharing the promo!! I'm so happy we get to see more Linda. But is it just me or does she seem to have had a personality transplant?? She's more scared little girl rather than fiery sports reporter that we saw last seasonโ€ฆ ???
Even in the last episode she was in with Iris, she's seemed a little less spunk and a little more i don't know.. " bubbly sweet"

R.I.P Nelsan Ellis.. "Being different gives the world color"
Old 10-28-2015, 06:14 AM
Dedicated Fan

Okay, so...here's the thing about this last episode.

I have absolutely no reason to care about basically any of it.

Candice knocked her scenes out of the park, but that whole Francine storyline is so terrible, we're just WAITING for it to introduce Wally - its whole purpose. In the interim, there's a lot of "wtf is this nonsense?" Like when she says she blamed Joe for too long. She blamed him for maybe 30 seconds (internally). I think she would have been justified in giving it at least a minute.

Caitlin was...look, the writing for her has to straighten up PDQ. I assume we are supposed to think she was more on board with the scientist because she saw him as a more direct pseudo-Ronnie but 1) that wasn't really made clear or how it came off and 2) that's a hard sell after her being after Jay so hard the last 3 episodes. Now, if she'd been allowed to breathe the last three episodes and this could be seen as a continuation of her attitude in the premiere, fine. As it is, it seems Caitlin only remembers Ronnie when Jay isn't around. Do. Better. Show.

I'm going to miss Stein and I liked Jax but...why should I care about a character who is moving to another show? A show I originally intended to watch but now, with what they've done to Flash this year...I'll pass. So if I'm only going to see him in crossovers (assuming I continue to watch)...why is my time being wasted by episode after episode of set up for another show or a plot that won't come to fruition for at least 7 more episodes? Tell me a story NOW.

"You can't take your eyes off her!" Really? He seemed disinterested in her phone number last ep and hadn't bothered to call her by this one. Oh yeah. He's thirsting hard. Why is this show trying to sell me that this is an epic romance for him - or even something he's remotely interested in - if they didn't bother to actually show him interested until not even JUST this episode but, like, the last five minutes of it?

This show is so all over the place. I just do not get what they are thinking. Is that honestly the only shot we will get if KS? Not that he's my favorite villain, but if they drop him and nobody mentions that there is a SHARK MAN AFTER FLASH after this...

And the human rights violations continue. It's okay, though. I'm sure Barry will decide he can trust a pinkie swear this time, too.

At this point, I'm kind of hoping we find out at some point that at least half of these episodes have secretly been Earth 2 or 3 or 4 stories because none of these people are making sense.

At least I'm mildly interested in finding out more about this new Wells (maybe the one story right now that is not giving me an ulcer) and for Cisco to explore his powers. I just cannot wait until these LOT eps are over. They're not even doing a great job of making me care about characters I actually already love. I certainly am not terribly invested in characters who will be around for maybe 4 episodes before fleeing to another show.

The Flash is a bit of a hot mess this season. I want to be excited for Dr. Light next episode but mostly I'm just bracing for the next several episodes (and that kiss is going to make NO damn sense). Bring on Harrison Wells! Hopefully that story will make sense!

Last edited by Jade4813; 10-28-2015 at 06:20 AM
Old 10-28-2015, 07:03 AM
Master Fan

^^ love how you're all disappointed in the show but yet are excited about Wally. For all we know, this storyline could be a hot mess too. Him turning out to be Joe's son and Iris brother? Not the least impressive. We all saw that coming.

"์•„ ์•„๊นŒ๋Š” ๋ชป ๋ฐ›์•„์„œ ๋ฏธ์•ˆํ•ด
์นœ๊ตฌ๋ฅผ ๋งŒ๋‚˜๋Š๋ผ
shy shy shy
Old 10-28-2015, 07:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade4813 (View Post)

Candice knocked her scenes out of the park, but that whole Francine storyline is so terrible, we're just WAITING for it to introduce Wally - its whole purpose. In the interim, there's a lot of "wtf is this nonsense?" Like when she says she blamed Joe for too long. She blamed him for maybe 30 seconds (internally). I think she would have been justified in giving it at least a minute.

"You can't take your eyes off her!" Really? He seemed disinterested in her phone number last ep and hadn't bothered to call her by this one. Oh yeah. He's thirsting hard. Why is this show trying to sell me that this is an epic romance for him - or even something he's remotely interested in - if they didn't bother to actually show him interested until not even JUST this episode but, like, the last five minutes of it?

This show is so all over the place. I just do not get what they are thinking. Is that honestly the only shot we will get if KS? Not that he's my favorite villain, but if they drop him and nobody mentions that there is a SHARK MAN AFTER FLASH after this...
Yeah, the Francine story is just plain terrible and full of stereotypes. It's like they didn't even try. And why is the only person Iris is allowed to be mad at for more than 5 seconds is her mother, another WOC?

Your whole paragraph regarding Barry/Patty is so on point. There not even trying with them. Like you said, Barry acts surprised by her presence half of the time. He is not looking at her constantly nor is he directly or indirectly pursuing her. It makes no sense.

Barry seems so different this season.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 10-28-2015, 07:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
^^ love how you're all disappointed in the show but yet are excited about Wally. For all we know, this storyline could be a hot mess too. Him turning out to be Joe's son and Iris brother? Not the least impressive. We all saw that coming.
I'm actually not excited about Wally and most people I know who WERE are now like "well, I hope they don't mess him up too. I'm not optimistic. But I hope." Sooooo...

(I didn't say I was excited about Wally just that this whole arc is set up to introduce Wally, but it's more WAITING for him too. This entire season so far is waiting for it to be about the Flash.)
Old 10-28-2015, 07:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

oh lord sounds like batty is worse than I could have imagined.
Old 10-28-2015, 07:58 AM
Extreme Fan

I don't think Barry seems disinterested in Patty at all. He was checking her out in their first meeting.

Excited for the next episode, cool that earth2 Linda is Dr Light.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread