Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2015, 06:02 PM
Loyal Fan

i'm really surprised they're giving Joe another son. do they really need another father-son story on this show? and won't that kind of diminish the Barry/Joe stuff?
Old 10-27-2015, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Joe bonding with his actual, biological child would be a refreshing change of pace for this show. (whether it be Iris or Wally)

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 10-27-2015, 06:07 PM
Ultimate Fan

Well they consider Joe/Barry relationship to be pivotal to the show and fail to realise characters can do more than one thing, so I hope Wally & Iris enjoy their time in offscreen-ville.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's true, sadly.

And even if they're downplaying the Iris/Barry romance a bit this season, it doesn't even seem like they're best friends. I mean, Barry asks Joe how Iris is rather than calling her or going to see her by himself?

Old 10-27-2015, 06:10 PM
Loyal Fan

I thought CP and Iris were very good this episode. I hate that she is so seperate and isolated with this story but she is delivering. I like that she investigated her mom and finding out she has a brother was the only cliche part of the ex drug addict dying mother storyline I liked, lol. I also don't like that since she is so isolated she can't talk to her bff about all the crap going on in her life.

Also don't get the first love thing, IMO you need to actually have westallen in a relationship before you pull that, its just weird and misplaced to me.

I like the new firestorm partner and I'm surprised I did because I was ready to be bored as hell with firestorm take 2 lol. But I thought the actor playing jax (was that his name?) was engaging and rootable.

Still can't stand patty and her perkiness and comparing Barry asking her out to jax becoming a super hero was IMO dumb and lame lol. It comes across as super forced to me.

Interested to see where this Harrison Wells from earth2 thing goes.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Flash Producer Talks Wally West, King Shark and the Next Arrow Crossover - IGN

Yeah, Patty's whole persona seems super forced, idk.

Old 10-27-2015, 06:19 PM
Ultimate Fan

There's some more post ep interviews here though I don't think they really reveal much

The Flash - Episode 2.05 - The Darkness and the Light - Promo + Post Mortem Interviews | Spoilers

Quote:
First and foremost, executive producer Andrew Kreisberg confirms that Wally West is Joe’s (Jesse L. Martin) son that Francine had after she left Central City, which makes things even more complicated for Iris. “Iris is now in the position that Barry [Grant Gustin] was in last year, she’s keeping a secret to protect somebody,” Kreisberg says. “She’s going to find that for all of her anger at Barry and Joe from last year, keeping this secret is not going to be so easy. It’s going to be weighing on her before she finally decides to take some action in an upcoming episode.”
Not here for them comparing Iris's secret to what Barry & Joe did last year.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:21 PM
Absolute Fan

Because Cousin Johnny coming to visit is soooooo different than this miscellaneous brother that comes from no where.

Avatar courtesy of: midnight_road.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRBleyton4ever (View Post)
There's some more post ep interviews here though I don't think they really reveal much

The Flash - Episode 2.05 - The Darkness and the Light - Promo + Post Mortem Interviews | Spoilers

Not here for them comparing Iris's secret to what Barry & Joe did last year.
I saw that, too. That comparison is a reach. Barry and Joe lying about Barry being the Flash put in her danger sometimes.

Old 10-27-2015, 06:31 PM
Ultimate Fan

There are so many things about this Wally stuff that annoys me. People have loads of extended family that they don't see a lot but know exist, so Wally as a cousin would've been feasible. You don't want him coming out of nowhere, they could've spent time last year on the West's family history. Would've been better than making Joe a liar & Iris's mum a druggie with a secret son. I really want to like this show but it's difficult when no-one outside of Barry is like a properly developed character & they're shoehorning new people in stead of focussing on that & Iris's screen time is so flipping minimal.

Quote:
I saw that, too. That comparison is a reach. Barry and Joe lying about Barry being the Flash put in her danger sometimes.
Exactly. It's just them trying to justify their crappy writing & I can guarantee people will end up crapping on Iris for this.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, they will call Iris a hypocrite or whatever.

Also, the writers are doing a poor job with Barry/Patty, imo. Joe said that Barry can barely keep his eyes off of her? Really? Most of the time, she approaches him and he is surprised that she's there. Huh? Or maybe it's the way Grant is playing it.

Old 10-27-2015, 06:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRBleyton4ever (View Post)
Exactly. It's just them trying to justify their crappy writing & I can guarantee people will end up crapping on Iris for this.
That was my first thought. The people who were mad at Iris for being angry at Joe and Barry will roast her for their same behavior lol. Meh.
Old 10-27-2015, 07:10 PM
Master Fan

That was a cool episode! I like Jax.

Omg the bit where King Shark showed up though killed me

Old 10-27-2015, 07:21 PM
Absolute Fan

The ep wasn't as bad as i thought it would be. I liked Jax and Stein, even felt bad for that other guy.. whats his name?

I'm eager to see Cisco really embrace what he can do..

Iris is so alone, like seriously.. Everyone is always together and she's just alone crying to herself with noone to lean on… I makes me actually wish Eddie were back… Where the hell is Linda? Iris needs her gal pal!!!!! PRONTO!!!

I didnt hate Joe's conversation with Barry about being open to new things. I mean Barry said Patty isn't Iris and even if he sweeps that under the rug now, that rug will eventually turn into a mountain even if it does take forever…. Barry will never love anyone like he loves Iris (you said something smart Joe) I have a feeling Iris will be cool with Batty like CP said, but that doesnt necessarily mean Patty will be cool with WA… I think towards the end of Batty this will become more and more apparent. But thats all spec, who knows

OH and last but def not least …WELLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

I've definitely been overcome with a crackship obsession IRIS/WELLS

R.I.P Nelsan Ellis.. "Being different gives the world color"
Old 10-27-2015, 07:50 PM
Loyal Fan

i actually thought this episode was pretty good for Iris, despite her story being isolated. but we all know this is leading to Wally West, so the story itself is pretty important.

and boy, when Wally shows up I really do think Iris's role will be increased majorly. looking forward to the second half.

this particular ep also made B/P feel extremely temporary, imo. I mean Barry basically decides to force himself to like Patty because he can't be with Iris, although I still don't think they're handling that particularly well.

there's no actual reason they can't be together eventually, and i don't get this "first love" thing. nothing ever happened. in this timeline they've never even kissed! it was a longtime crush as of right now, what's with them acting like they used to date?

but i was actually worried he was just going to start dating Patty without even acknowledging the Iris thing, so i'm glad that's out there now.

Grant did an interview recently where he mentions that him and Patty are a major part of 2x09 though, so ugh. not looking forward to the mid-season finale being so much of that.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread