Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2015, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've just seen how the CW works.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 10-17-2015, 04:18 PM
Addicted Fan

Yep. And I like to be pleasantly surprised rather than disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelena&Bamon (View Post)
So many complaints/worries/negativity, here's me like:
Why worry about what other people feel though? Just do you.
Old 10-17-2015, 04:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
Ehhh... lol

We shouldn't be two episodes into the season without knowing how Iris is coping with losing Eddie, especially when Patty can show right up and grieve a character no one has even seen. There's reason for folks to complain and worry.
I think some people are failing to see the bigger picture going into Season 2. Worrying and complaining is counter productive unless people are going to do something about it

I liked 2x01 and 2x02 of Iris with only minor changes I would have made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParsD (View Post)
Why worry about what other people feel though? Just do you.
Lol. Who's worrying about people?

I repeat....

I'm enjoying myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by london grammar (View Post)
I've just seen how the CW works.
Yeah I get that but it's one those things out of our control. Aside from the awesome campagins and support we do, which has been and is excellent. Outside of that we can't do much else. And I understand and agree with the steps they've taken so far this season regarding Iris. I'm solid with that so far at least.

Last edited by Stelena&Bamon; 10-17-2015 at 04:36 PM
Old 10-17-2015, 04:35 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I think some people are failing to see the bigger picture going into Season 2. Worrying and complaining is counter productive unless people are going to do something about it

I liked 2x01 and 2x02 of Iris with only minor changes I would have made.

Lol. Who's worrying about people?
Okay, then no reason to keep mentioning all the negativity, right? Like I get not being on the same page as the rest of the fandom (I'm like that with Doctor Who and Moffat), but I find fans complaining about other fans far more annoying. If you're happy be happy, don't knock others down for their concerns.

Also it's important that people are complaining on places like Twitter, because now is the time the writers are writing scripts for 2B and they need to be aware of people's valid criticism.
Old 10-17-2015, 04:44 PM
Obsessed Fan

Keep mentioning? I was having an innocent discussion with Kat. And have brought it up in passing through one thread. Literally I said "so many complaints and I'm like dancing.gif"

It's like if it were reversed. E.g. "So many rave review, people hyping it up and loved the episode and I'm totally disappointed sad.gif"

That's your opinion and that's fine. And this is mine and it's fine too.

I say this to Snowbarry fans, in character discussions with Arrow/Flash/whoever fans, if you're going to get heated over my opinion which is contrary to yours there's no need to converse with me, it's as easy as that.
Old 10-17-2015, 04:46 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
How is it counter productive? Iris fans complaining is the only reason the writers didn't sweep Barry and Joe's lies under the rug. One only needs to look at Arrow with Oliver lying to Laurel and Thea to see what happens when fans don't complain.

Regardless of what the bigger picture of this season may be, Iris' feelings shouldn't be a mystery at this point. Fans shouldn't have to wait to see her get a POV, not when she's the female lead.

Also, Iris at CCPN >>> Iris hanging out at STAR Labs. lol I never cared about her being a part of fake "Team Flash." Show me more of journalist Iris West, please.
Old 10-17-2015, 04:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

I say this to Snowbarry fans, in character discussions with Arrow/Flash/whoever fans, if you're going to get heated over my opinion which is contrary to yours there's no need to converse with me, it's as easy as that.
Same for me please. Having a normal dialogue with a poster, don't need no drama because our opinions differ. I don't have time for that Discuss back and forth our differing views is fine. But getting bent out of shape because I disagree. Nope.

S&B Doesn't Linda fall of a building too there were Canadagraphs of that at some point?
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 10-17-2015, 05:01 PM
Addicted Fan

Stelena&Bamon - I don't want to argue, just pointing out how your comments sometimes come across to me. If that's not your intention then cool. I don't take any issues with other WA fans.

Quote:
How is it counter productive? Iris fans complaining is the only reason the writers didn't sweep Barry and Joe's lies under the rug. One only needs to look at Arrow with Oliver lying to Laurel and Thea to see what happens when fans don't complain.

Regardless of what the bigger picture of this season may be, Iris' feelings shouldn't be a mystery at this point. Fans shouldn't have to wait to see her get a POV, not when she's the female lead.

Also, Iris at CCPN >>> Iris hanging out at STAR Labs. lol I never cared about her being a part of fake "Team Flash." Show me more of journalist Iris West, please.
This.

I just want less of a focus on STAR in general and more on CC as a whole. But I do feel like we'll get more of that in 3, 5, 6 because of the WestPark team up.
Old 10-17-2015, 05:13 PM
Obsessed Fan

@scorpio_chick

I wouldn't equate complaining as the reason Laurel and Thea were left in the dark that's reaching. I don't think Thea had/has an established enough fanbase for it to have been such an point of complaint. Several things should be factored in regarding the matter of Arrow. Complaints aren't the proven link in what happened in the case of Arrow imo, it's far more complex. But that's neither here nor there tbh. There are many reasons as to why I don't agree with you. However going so off topic, moving towards expository posts in a thread about spoilers is what a situation to be avoided.

I know that a little off topic is fine but given that you're now bringing mention of different platforms like Twitter etc. It's a discussion which would be ongoing and totally off topic, as the reasons I disagree are lengthy.
Old 10-17-2015, 05:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
How is it counter productive?
- I think there are many insistences where's it's counterproductive. Fans being disgruntled amongst themselves for example on forums doesn't reach anyone but the fans of the forum.

- In tweets is it hastagged #TheFlash @AJK or it is a morale killer? A sort of "mob mentality"

- Complaints work against us in the stats for example discussing PB increasing their mentions instead of focusing on the objective.

- Positive campaigns and Twitter trends: #IrisWestForSeason2 was great. Mass involvement. The sass of #DoYouHaveADaughterJoe sassy and shrewd.

- There are times outrage needs to be expressed of course but at times when it's a misreading of the situation it all becomes noise rather than producing anything.

ETA - Just read your post s&b Yeah true. It's a full-on talk in the wrong thread. Moving on.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 10-17-2015, 05:29 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:

Grant's Instagram

Love it!
OMG, did GG write that? He's trying to make me watch this ep live. Heart to heart with bae? I am here for it.

I'm assuming Iris' big story is about her mom, but I kind of wish/hope it was about a case she's on for her job plus all the mama drama.

Love was here. It made me complete, happy. How could I easily let it go?

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!
Old 10-17-2015, 05:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahfan (View Post)
OMG, did GG write that? He's trying to make me watch this ep live. Heart to heart with bae? I am here for it.
Yeesssss he actually wrote "heart to heart with bae"

Watch live dooooo itttttt! Just this once. They better make it good.

Also I need some flashbacks of little Iris pronto. If they are looking at photos there needs to be that look off into the distance and flashback to the past moment.
Old 10-17-2015, 05:36 PM
Master Fan

This!

The Barry and Joe FB's have been rinsed dry

Time for baby!Iris, Joe and Mama West.
Philanthropist.

Old 10-17-2015, 05:38 PM
Obsessed Fan

2.03 flashback of Joe sharing how he feels about Francine with....little Barry
Old 10-17-2015, 05:44 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
2.03 flashback of Joe sharing how he feels about Francine with....little Barry
Delete this

In the promotional pictures adult Barry and Joe. It better be brief. Or next time it will be #DoYouHaveAHeartJoe