Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2014, 03:42 PM
Supreme Fan

Can people just ship who they want to ship. I mean there are couples thread in the flash forum for a reason.
Old 10-31-2014, 03:58 PM
Absolute Fan

Of course viewers can ship whomever they like. The discussion was about whether or not the show was going to go against comic canon in favor of fan reaction based on what happened on Arrow. And right now, I don't think the situations are remotely similar, be it onscreen or within the fandom.
Old 10-31-2014, 04:08 PM
Supreme Fan

I don't ship Iris/Barry and I think they are endgame. But the point I'm trying to make is the discussion is just gonna lead to shipper wars. We aren't the writers, we don't know what's gonna happen down the road. Let's just focus on actual spoilers and not turn this thread into certain other threads.
Old 10-31-2014, 04:36 PM
Absolute Fan

I haven't seen anything yet that could lead to shipper wars. Most of it is speculation but I'm happy to talk about spoilers, especially since they focus on what I actually like. lol
Old 10-31-2014, 11:11 PM
Master Fan

I think this is stupid to think that a "couple" is endgame based on only 4 episodes. Just like it's completely stupid to think that because they're canon in the comics, it means that it should be that way on the show. There are plenty of shows who have gone against the comics and guess what? IT WORKED!

and YES the situation are exactly similar.

Everyone can have their opinion without it generating a "shipper war". It woudd be boring as hell if we all like the same.

"์•„ ์•„๊นŒ๋Š” ๋ชป ๋ฐ›์•„์„œ ๋ฏธ์•ˆํ•ด
์นœ๊ตฌ๋ฅผ ๋งŒ๋‚˜๋Š๋ผ
shy shy shy
Old 11-01-2014, 12:40 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
I think this is stupid to think that a "couple" is endgame based on only 4 episodes.

Same Let's wait and see.
Old 11-01-2014, 12:54 AM
Absolute Fan

I'm not sure who's basing it on only 4 episodes?

In any case, going against canon has happened before and I'm sure there are ways this show will go against canon but to think it will do so with Barry and Iris, when the Flash legacy itself is dependent on their union, is not really something I can fathom. As I said, Barry will probably have other relationships but chances are, he will always come back to Iris. That isn't even me with my shipper glasses on, lol. It's an opinion based on the setup thus far, on canon, on the plot, on knowing that the show is exploring time travel. I mean, everything is pointing towards the show staying true to the comics, which the writers/showrunners have already confirmed.

Last edited by scorpio_chick; 11-01-2014 at 01:00 AM
Old 11-01-2014, 01:47 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)

In any case, going against canon has happened before and I'm sure there are ways this show will go against canon but to think it will do so with Barry and Iris, when the Flash legacy itself is dependent on their union, is not really something I can fathom. As I said, Barry will probably have other relationships but chances are, he will always come back to Iris. That isn't even me with my shipper glasses on, lol. It's an opinion based on the setup thus far, on canon, on the plot, on knowing that the show is exploring time travel. I mean, everything is pointing towards the show staying true to the comics, which the writers/showrunners have already confirmed.
Yeah this ^^^

Quote:
I think this is stupid to think that a "couple" is endgame based on only 4 episodes. Just like it's completely stupid to think that because they're canon in the comics, it means that it should be that way on the show. There are plenty of shows who have gone against the comics and guess what? IT WORKED!

and YES the situation are exactly similar.

Everyone can have their opinion without it generating a "shipper war". It woudd be boring as hell if we all like the same.
I think where I differ. I'm not gonna throw around words like "stupid" because I was able to articulate myself clearly and concisely with my last post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlingcity (View Post)
Lol. Very different circumstances with Arrow.

It will always be Iris! For several reasons ...

1) There are plenty of Westallen shippers. It's not like with Olaurel. Their main tumblr has more than 1.4K followers already. There are many Snowbarry fans of course!!!!!! However it's in no way imbalanced the way it was with on Arrow.

2) Comic canon. The reason separating O/L work is ecause their relationship ends in the comics. That's canon. So the writers can have the luxury to have them together or not. It's no matter. They fufiled canon already with Laurel and by having Oliver sleep with A CANARY.

3) More comic. Caitlin IS KILLER FROST. The same no matter how much fans dislike my lovely Laurel. She is going to becoming the Black Canary it's her comic destiny. So despite all the fuss, even people loving Sara, see how she was dropped S3E1. Because Dinah Laurel Lance is the Black Canary. Cailtin Snow will become a villian. Barry Allen the ultimate goodness is not going to having his superhero reign filled with Barry being a relationship with a villian. This isn't TVD, DC would never allow it.

4) Barry and Iris produce the next three generations of the Flash. Can anyone say Torando Twins? NUFF SAID. Don't want to spoil too much. The core is Barry and Iris.

5) Casting blindly was awesome. Alterating the comic destiny of Iris West of being the mother of the future Flashes, and Cailtin's as the awesome risque Killer Frost and Barry's ultimate goodess similar to that of Superman even as he fights Reverse Flash you see the core purity of Barry Allen to match a non canon white couple would be shameful. They wouldn't dare.

6) They hired Robbie Amell. Fire and Ice. He will become a series regular. No doubt - he will also join the team eventually. And in a different form of the comic - Killer Frost and Firestorm will forever be intertwined. Hopefully romantically. A delicious dynamic.

7) Not to hurt my Olicity fan friends whom I adore. They aren't endgame yet. Lol. They could pull a HIMYM. But like I said O/L isn't endgame canon so they shouldn't worry too much.

8)

^ This. GB's got this. You see the way he's started them off. He's going slowwww burn. And yes Arrow is slipping without him. Also with Geoff Johns Mr Flash Rebirth comic himself. Forget about it

9) Lastly "As long as I remember Iris, I'll be alright." - Flash Rebirth. Sorry couldn't help it.

But I enjoy the healthy discussion. It's always fun. That's just my two cents.

Are there any comic readers on this board?
However thank-you, it helps to know who I can actually have discussions and healthy debates with.

We don't need to discuss it further.

We all ship whoever they want and wait see!

Last edited by Starlingcity; 11-01-2014 at 01:57 AM
Old 11-01-2014, 02:06 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:

I think it's big difference here is that your POv is from comic reader and mine is from someone who never heard of them before the show began.

I just saw it mutliple times, a book/comic is adapted in TV show and there are always always big changes, that's why I think it's way too soon to know who is gonna be the 'otp'. If it was a movie, i would never think it could be anything else than Barry/Iris but it's a tv show where big changes always happen.They had to, making 6-7 seasons dedicated to the same pairing would be boring imo.
The comic book and the the tv are very different medias so you can't tell the same story.
It makes me think of Vampire Diaries for instance (.....this show ) where the wirters repeated over and over it always be Stefan and Elena, and the books were like that too. But now look at season 6, nothing is like the books or like what they said they would do in the first seasons. Same with True Blood,The Walking Dead...Basically nothingโ€™s set in stone whether it's an adaption from a book, a comic,etc...
Old 11-01-2014, 02:07 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

Hummmmm most people who are watching the show and shipping? Just go over tumblr, perfect place to see what's really happening right now.

I'm a comics fan and I like when they do take another road away from them. It has to be done perfectly of course.

They can stay true to the comics and not have Barry/Iris ever happening. They can stay true to the comics and make LOTS of changes. I'm having a real hard time believing that they're gonna have those two falling in love, that's kinda gross to me, especially they are like brother/sister, have been raised together and the most important fact....Iris doesn't see Barry that way AT ALL. He's her brother.

But again that's just MY opinion, ONE opinion.

starlingcity you are making lots of assumptions. Be very careful with that.

About Oliver and Laurel, it has nothing to do with them being separated. Loos at Smallville, they were never together and the made Chloe the love of Oliver's life. Hell they even ended up having a child together and being married.

oh and while they are plenty of Westallen shippers, Snowbarry is at the top right now and the writers know that.

Ronnie will become a regular? Do you have a chrystal ball that I don't know about? You're probably right but the way he described his return....I don't see he and Caitling getting back together anytime soon.

Yeah, Caitlin is bound to become Killer Forst but will it happens on the show? Will they writer her to be a villain? Plus in the comics she wasn't a big villain, the ultimate Killer Frost had some shades of good. Look at the way they write the story in the sow, they are already diverging from the comics with Ronnie and Caitlin story.

์นœ๊ตฌ๋ฅผ ๋งŒ๋‚˜๋Š๋ผ
shy shy shy

Last edited by Maud&Danny; 11-01-2014 at 02:19 AM
Old 11-01-2014, 02:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlingcity (View Post)
Lol. Very different circumstances with Arrow.

It will always be Iris! For several reasons ...

1) There are plenty of Westallen shippers. It's not like with Olaurel. Their main tumblr has more than 1.4K followers already. There are many Snowbarry fans of course!!!!!! However it's in no way imbalanced the way it was with on Arrow.

2) Comic canon. The reason separating O/L work is ecause their relationship ends in the comics. That's canon. So the writers can have the luxury to have them together or not. It's no matter. They fufiled canon already with Laurel and by having Oliver sleep with A CANARY.

3) More comic. Caitlin IS KILLER FROST. The same no matter how much fans dislike my lovely Laurel. She is going to becoming the Black Canary it's her comic destiny. So despite all the fuss, even people loving Sara, see how she was dropped S3E1. Because Dinah Laurel Lance is the Black Canary. Cailtin Snow will become a villian. Barry Allen the ultimate goodness is not going to having his superhero reign filled with Barry being a relationship with a villian. This isn't TVD, DC would never allow it.

4) Barry and Iris produce the next three generations of the Flash. Can anyone say Torando Twins? NUFF SAID. Don't want to spoil too much. The core is Barry and Iris.

5) Casting blindly was awesome. Alterating the comic destiny of Iris West of being the mother of the future Flashes, and Cailtin's as the awesome risque Killer Frost and Barry's ultimate goodess similar to that of Superman even as he fights Reverse Flash you see the core purity of Barry Allen to match a non canon white couple would be shameful. They wouldn't dare.

6) They hired Robbie Amell. Fire and Ice. He will become a series regular. No doubt - he will also join the team eventually. And in a different form of the comic - Killer Frost and Firestorm will forever be intertwined. Hopefully romantically. A delicious dynamic.

7) Not to hurt my Olicity fan friends whom I adore. They aren't endgame yet. Lol. They could pull a HIMYM. But like I said O/L isn't endgame canon so they shouldn't worry too much.

8)

^ This. GB's got this. You see the way he's started them off. He's going slowwww burn. And yes Arrow is slipping without him. Also with Geoff Johns Mr Flash Rebirth comic himself. Forget about it

9) Lastly "As long as I remember Iris, I'll be alright." - Flash Rebirth. Sorry couldn't help it.

But I enjoy the healthy discussion. It's always fun. That's just my two cents.

Are there any comic readers on this board?
I'm sorry I'm late to the discussion and not trying to instigate anything but sorry PREAAACCHHHH! I'm comic reader!

I'm watching the Flash finally and it's great!

I'm an Olicity fan and the ridiculous notion that Arrow and The Flash are the same thing actually makes me lol

And even what you said about their choice to cast Patton. Sadly you'll always have racist thugs but the team will not stand for that!

Don't burden people with canon though they can't take it lol. Just keep all fans watching so the ratings are awesome and the fandom is large and diverse, then watch it play out and smile

I don't ship anything on the Flash but I love all the dynamics. I think they are building the plot and characters, then we'll see more romance nearing the of the season.
Old 11-01-2014, 02:19 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
starlingcity you are making lots of assumptions. Be very careful with that.

About Oliver and Laurel, it has nothing to do with them being separated. Loos at Smallville, they were never together and the made Chloe the love of Oliver's life. Hell they even ended up having a child together and being married.

oh and while they are plenty of Westallen shippers, Snowbarry is at the top right now and the writers know that.

Ronnie will become a regular? Do you have a chrystal ball that I don't know about? You're probably right but the way he described his return....I don't see he and Caitling getting back together anytime soon.
You're making assumptions. Snowbarry is at the top

Did a comic reader just make an SV reference to a minor character on the show. Come on that's ridiculous.

Robbie spoiled so much he's coming back. Ha this is so funny.
Old 11-01-2014, 02:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyStillBlue (View Post)
You're making assumptions. Snowbarry is at the top

Did a comic reader just make an SV reference to a minor character on the show. Come on that's ridiculous.

Robbie spoiled so much he's coming back. Ha this is so funny.
Have you seen the latest polls about the ships on the show or the show in general? Who's always winning? Oh yeah that's right Snowbarry. You don't want to open your eyes? More power to you! Make no mistake, I'm not trying to diss the Westallen ship, i was just trying to make a point which you obviously didn't understand as you'd rather make fun of me.

I beg your pardon? You must be joking with me right now. What does being a comic reader has anything to do with me making a reference about Smallville? Comics and shows are two diffรฉrents things. Wake up!

Robbie is a reccuring, who's coming back and who spoiled that Ronnie wouldn't be the same at all. He even spoiled some sort of schizophrenic side to him.

์นœ๊ตฌ๋ฅผ ๋งŒ๋‚˜๋Š๋ผ
shy shy shy
Old 11-01-2014, 02:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I think my biggest issue with the caitlin/barry thing vs iris/barry is that even if they don't want to do iris/barry (which I doubt) there is the whole fact that in comic canon Caitlin is a villain. It's a lot more than going away from a main pairing it requires changing the course of flash and caitlin's destiny.

Quote:

THIS Snowbarry is the equivalent of having Clark Kent fall in love with Lex luthor. It's not just about Iris, but about who Barry is and who Caitilin is.

eta: That's not to say I don't get why people like caitlin with no knowledge of her destiny. Caitlin is cute and her dynamic with Barry is nice, but the digs at Iris and West-allen is unnecessary. If you like it go ahead, but some of us just know too much about the comics to ignore Caitlin's destiny. If you are going to use Smallville why not use Lois. Lois and Clark still had their beautiful romance. They didn't change that. It simply got delayed.

Last edited by ds44; 11-01-2014 at 02:42 AM
Old 11-01-2014, 02:38 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I think my biggest issue with the caitlin/barry thing vs iris/barry is that even if they don't want to do iris/barry (which I doubt) there is the whole fact that in comic canon Caitlin is a villain. It's a lot more than going away from a main pairing it requires changing the course of flash and caitlin's destiny.
Most of shippers think it would make the pairing even more interesting.
From what I've read, Killerfrost isn't a huge villain, I think the writers could make a 'redemption' arc for her for instance. And it looks like they already changed Caitlin destiny, cause she wasn't supposed to work with Barry in the first place. I guess this 'bond' they created could have an impact when she'll become a villain.