Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2015, 12:28 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
That theory makes a lot of sense, but how would Joe fit into that? Did Zoom show up, tell Mama West he was going to kill her future son, and so she left to protect Wally without telling Joe about the pregnancy or the threat? (it's possible).

We also heard spoilers that they shot a scene where Zoom drops Linda from the roof of a building, so that could also tie into Zoom trying to destroy Wally's future.
She could be a time traveler who already knows things in advance. Or Rip tipped her off (tying the plot to LoT). Joe could've helped her fake her death with his CCPD connections. Say if she had a dangerous life to begin with, she wouldn't have to mention Wally to him at all (and Joe would be a lot less likely to help her disappear if he was gonna be losing his kid...)

Knowing how the writers like to repeat themselves, it makes a lot of sense that Wests/Zoom parallels Allens/Prof. Zoom in s1.
Old 09-10-2015, 12:36 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParsD (View Post)
She could be a time traveler who already knows things in advance. Or Rip tipped her off (tying the plot to LoT). Joe could've helped her fake her death with his CCPD connections. Say if she had a dangerous life to begin with, she wouldn't have to mention Wally to him at all (and Joe would be a lot less likely to help her disappear if he was gonna be losing his kid...)

Knowing how the writers like to repeat themselves, it makes a lot of sense that Wests/Zoom parallels Allens/Prof. Zoom in s1.
If they went with the bolded, it could also be a nod to Iris's comic book origins (if they want to go there)... which could also add to the "meant to be" thing with Barry
Old 09-10-2015, 12:54 PM
Addicted Fan

It makes sense they would.

Grant already confirmed they'll adapt trial of the Flash eventually, so if they're keeping the main plot points the same, Iris needs a way to end up in the future.
Old 09-10-2015, 02:07 PM
Loyal Fan

i guess you guys are right that it seems headed that way, but i really didn't think we needed yet another father-son story to play out with Joe and Wally now. at some point, the father/son thing is overkill, don't you think?

i think his relationship with Barry is enough.
Old 09-10-2015, 02:22 PM
Master Fan

Let's just hope he doesn't forget about Iris when he meets his actual son, since he kind of did that when he spent all his time with Barry last season.
Old 09-10-2015, 03:12 PM
Absolute Fan

I don't think its over played, I feel its necessary for Joe's story to have a father/son situation with Wally (his real son) b/c its a totally different dynamic, as long as they play it right. and Iris may be the bridge between everybody and Wally which will also give her important Father/Daughter moments to really showcase what they failed to in S1, how incredibly strong they are and how solid their relationship is. I'm actually really excited about this news…

And thanks for all the specs and spoilers

R.I.P Nelsan Ellis.. "Being different gives the world color"
Old 09-10-2015, 03:21 PM
Loyal Fan

yeah, but if they give him a "real" son, won't that also kind of diminish the Joe/Barry relationship that was so great about the first season?
Old 09-10-2015, 04:27 PM
Master Fan

I'm getting seriously irritated with the lack of a proper trailer. I think they just released another one for Arrow.
Old 09-10-2015, 04:37 PM
Passionate Fan

They did and we can't even get one Flash trailer. What's up Cdub?

Love was here. It made me complete, happy. How could I easily let it go?

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!
Old 09-10-2015, 04:42 PM
Loyal Fan

ok, it's obvious that they're getting trailers and we're getting promos, but i don't know why.

the only thing i can possibly think is that The Flash needs more special effects stuff in post that just isn't ready yet.
Old 09-10-2015, 05:49 PM
Addicted Fan

Keiynan only auditioned with Candice, so it's safe to say Iris/Wally's relationship will be the most important one. As it should be.

I have a feeling Wally's dislike of authority and sass will put him at odds with Joe/Barry initially, which is gonna be delicious. And I'm looking forward to Wally shading Barry and trying to hook Iris up with Flash cause he's so much cooler...
Old 09-10-2015, 06:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wait, so Wally might be Iris' brother?

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 09-10-2015, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Old 09-10-2015, 06:08 PM
Master Fan

Yessss!
Old 09-10-2015, 06:20 PM
Total Fan

Finally! A full trailer

It seems like Atom Smasher may not stay a bad guy, based on that line "He promised he'd take me home if I killed you" (at least, I think that was Atom Smasher). I hope he becomes an ally and shows up now and then.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread