Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2015, 11:41 AM
Extreme Fan

I can't get over how perfect this casting is. He's just how imagined Wally. so adorable.

I've always been Iris West-Allen. I've always been yours.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:55 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by proty (View Post)
Ehh. I stand by my opinion. It's only season 2. Barry has barely had any time to establish himself as Flash and his replacement is already here. It's way too soon. And if has nothing to do with race.
His replacement? We don't even know when Wally becomes Kid Flash. The show could go on for years with Barry as Flash and Wally as KF.

To say it's way too soon is to ignore what the writers/producers have said from the beginning. They told us things would move quickly, that they weren't going to save stories and ideas for later seasons because there will always be more story to tell. I mean, a lot happened in season one as well. Was it too soon for Iris to learn Barry's secret? Too soon for the RF reveal and demise? Considering that The Flash has so much material the writers can pull from, I certainly don't think so.

Lets also remember that Joe and Iris are main characters on the show, yet we know very little about their backstory. The fact the show is going to address this is a very good thing. And if Wally turns out to be Iris' brother or nephew, they couldn't wait too long to introduce him.

Last edited by scorpio_chick; 08-06-2015 at 12:00 PM
Old 08-06-2015, 12:07 PM
Addicted Fan

Per Andrew K and Candice, this is the West family season. It wouldn't work without Wally West. Like, um?

Anyway, they found the perfect Wally. Idk if I wanna pinch his cheeks or jump him, which is the mark of a true Wally West.

Also, I'm gonna marry this gif so....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelena&Bamon (View Post)
I wonder if Iris will mama bear him a little wanna look out for him, lol. Barry/Iris/Wally I see it now!

And when he meets Linda he'll charm the pants off her!
I'm kinda wondering where Wally stands on WestAllen. Does he ship it from the start, or is he gonna be trying to hook Iris up with Flash (before he knows he's Barry).
Old 08-06-2015, 12:36 PM
Obsessed Fan

Oh my gosh! Yes!! Please let him keep trying to set up Iris and The Flash. "you used to write about him" or "you write about him could be the man of your dreams" "Barry's just Barry but the Flash"

Newsflash or Westallen lol. FINALLY a sounding board for Iris though. Wally loved Iris deeply in the comics. He says Barry taught him to be Kid Flash but Iris taught him how to be Wally West. He named his daughter after her

Love that GIF!

Yes the Wests are the heart family focus this season. Iris said, "my mother always used to say the universe doesn't give without taking" I bet we'll find out what happened to Mama West and the ins and outs of the West family. And meet her officially 2B or 3A. But it's going to be a West extraganza!

Can you imagine those comical family moments and then the emotional ones?!
Old 08-06-2015, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the latest casting spoilers.
Old 08-06-2015, 02:14 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
With Wally West coming, I certainly don't need to see Iris's mom this season.

Bring on someone related to Caitlin or Cisco, so they can also have actual backstory.
We saw Cisco's family, and his brother. Wally is a bit more iconic, so it's kind of a big deal to have him in the show. We probably won't see Wally as a regular until after the Mid-Season break anyway (the article said "Winter", I believe).

If/When Iris's mom shows up, it'll probably be for maybe a couple of episodes, though the fallout might last longer. I doubt she's going to be a series regular.

In the video below, AJK says that since Season 1 focused on the Allen family, Season 2 will focus on the Wests, so I expect a lot of West family drama in between the superheroics (and I'm looking forward to it )

Old 08-06-2015, 02:29 PM
Dedicated Fan

I know some people aren't thrilled that Wally is joining the show so soon, but what really cracks me up is the number of people I've seen who are like, "FINALLY! It is ABOUT TIME!" It's like...it's been 23 episodes. It isn't like waiting 10 seasons for Clark to become Superman on Smallville.

I'm afraid I don't know very much about Wally. I should probably start asking around for what books I should buy that are good stories for Barry and/or Wally, to catch up a bit on things.
Old 08-06-2015, 03:45 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by proty (View Post)
Ehh. I stand by my opinion. It's only season 2. Barry has barely had any time to establish himself as Flash and his replacement is already here. It's way too soon. And if has nothing to do with race.
GG is still the lead, & Barry is an important character. I don't think he's getting replaced just because Wally/Kid Flash is going to be on the show. I believe it's too soon too, but we shall see.
Old 08-06-2015, 04:10 PM
Absolute Fan

Considering that Mama West is presumably "dead", I don't know about her showing up and disappearing after a couple of episodes. She may not be a series regular but I do expect an actual story arc.

Jade, I came across these lists last year. Found them very helpful.

10 Essential Barry Allen Flash Stories | Comicbook.com

The Greatest Wally West Stories Ever Told! - Comics Should Be Good! @ Comic Book ResourcesComics Should Be Good! @ Comic Book Resources
Old 08-06-2015, 05:18 PM
Extreme Fan

Carlos and Peyton filming

Here's a vid. Sorry I don't know how to post vines on here.

https://vine.co/v/ewbaa6ImKQK

ETA more bts pics

Last edited by SydneyO; 08-06-2015 at 07:06 PM
Old 08-06-2015, 05:40 PM
Loyal Fan

so are they still filming 3 right now or are they on episode 4 yet?
Old 08-06-2015, 05:43 PM
Obsessed Fan

I want Cisco to have a REAL love interest. I found them amusing but I dunno.

Thanks for posting!
Old 08-06-2015, 05:52 PM
Loyal Fan

if Carlos was talking about them when he teased the "liplock" happening, the sad thing is you know that's going to be his sole romantic storyline for the entire season. over and done in one episode.
Old 08-06-2015, 05:59 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletspuffyfan (View Post)
if Carlos was talking about them when he teased the "liplock" happening, the sad thing is you know that's going to be his sole romantic storyline for the entire season. over and done in one episode.
why did this make me laugh It's so true though. They only use Cisco as comic relief.

I think they're still shooting episode 3. I hope The Snarts/Heatwave story line doesn't last long, not really a fan of them.

Old 08-06-2015, 06:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

Comic relief is the right word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletspuffyfan (View Post)
Yup I knew it the moment CV said it. It wasn't going to be genuine start of a relationship or actual interest.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread