Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2015, 03:37 AM
Addicted Fan

The Flash S&S #24: Goodbye & good luck to Rick! Big welcome to Shantel & Teddy (still waiting for pics of Jay's suit)!

ϟThe Flash ϟ

Barry Allen was just 11 years old when his mother was killed in a bizarre and terrifying incident and his father was falsely convicted of the murder. With his life changed forever by the tragedy, Barry was taken in and raised by Detective Joe West, the father of Barry’s best friend, Iris. Now, Barry has become a brilliant, driven and endearingly geeky CSI investigator, whose determination to uncover the truth about his mother’s strange death leads him to follow up on every unexplained urban legend and scientific advancement that comes along.

Barry’s latest obsession is a cutting edge particle accelerator, created by visionary physicist Harrison Wells and his STAR Labs team, who claim that this invention will bring about unimaginable advancements in power and medicine. However, something goes horribly wrong during the public unveiling, and when the devastating explosion causes a freak storm, many lives are lost and Barry is struck by lightning. After nine months in a coma, Barry awakens to find his life has changed once again – the accident has given him the power of super speed, granting him the ability to move through Central City like an unseen guardian angel.

Barry has always had the heart of a hero and now he has the legs to match, but he quickly learns that being a superhero is not as easy as it seems -- and he can’t do it alone. While Barry struggles to understand his new abilities, the people around him also have to adjust to a new reality. Joe West, Barry’s surrogate father, is coming to grips with the fact that the world of the extraordinary actually does exist. Joe thought he understood what it meant to chase criminals, but now he’s facing opponents who can do more than just rob a bank, they can control the weather. Though he knows this remarkable turn of events is Barry’s destiny, every time Barry faces danger, Joe is terrified for his surrogate son. While Joe worries about Barry, Barry worries about Joe’s daughter Iris, and how his new life as The Flash will change their relationship. Iris and Barry grew up together, and she has always believed in Barry’s conviction that unknown forces were at work the night his mother was killed. Barry has kept his romantic feelings for Iris hidden, and now feels he must protect her by keeping his new identity a secret as well. And Iris has a secret of her own -- she has been dating her father’s partner, Detective Eddie Thawne, who is such a good guy, even Barry finds it hard to hate him. Still, there is tension between Barry and Thawne, who is jealous of Iris’ newfound fascination with The Flash and is determined to unmask him. Barry realizes that keeping the secret of his new identity separates him from Iris, even as her growing obsession with uncovering the truth brings her ever closer to The Flash.

Barry has found another kind of surrogate family in the team at Harrison Wells’ S.T.A.R. Labs. Wells himself is quickly becoming a second father figure to Barry, who learned about morality and justice from Joe, and is now learning about science and technology from Wells. Wells’ ultimate agenda remains somewhat mysterious, but Barry is excited by the grander worldview that has been opened for him, and the friendship he’s building with S.T.A.R. lab team members Caitlin Snow and Cisco Ramon. For Caitlin, who lost her fiancé in the catastrophic explosion, working with Barry is providing a much- needed sense of purpose and a way to deal with her grief. Caitlin’s excitement at seeing Barry learn to use his new power is balanced by her growing concern for his safety – she and Cisco have both learned that accidents have devastating consequences. Cisco was a close friend of Caitlin’s fiancé and secretly blames himself for the tragedy. A mechanical genius who comes up with amazing gadgets that help Barry control his speed, Cisco is happy to suddenly have a new project –- and a new friend –- in Barry.

While he struggles to combine these two very different groups of people into a crime-fighting unit, Barry is still excited every day by his newfound powers. He is also shocked to discover he is not the only “meta-human” created in the wake of the accelerator explosion – and not everyone is using the new powers for good. In the months since the accident, the city has seen a sharp increase in missing people, unexplained deaths and other strange phenomena. Barry now has a renewed purpose – using his gift of speed to protect the innocent, while never giving up on his quest to solve his mother’s murder and clear his father’s name. For now, only a few close friends and associates know that Barry is literally the fastest man alive, but it won’t be long before the world learns what Barry Allen has become…The Flash.

The series stars Grant Gustin (“Glee,” “Arrow”) as Barry Allen/The Flash, Candice Patton (“The Game”) as Iris West, Rick Cosnett (“The Vampire Diaries”) as Eddie Thawne, Danielle Panabaker (“Necessary Roughness,” “Justified”) as Caitlin Snow, Carlos Valdes (“Once” on Broadway ) as Cisco Ramon, with Tom Cavanagh (“Ed,” “Eli Stone”) as Harrison Wells and Jesse L. Martin (“Law & Order”) as Detective West. THE FLASH is produced by Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Greg Berlanti (“Arrow,” “The Tomorrow People,” “Green Lantern”), Andrew Kreisberg (“Arrow,” “Eli Stone”), David Nutter (“Arrow,” “Game of Thrones”) and Sarah Schechter. The pilot was directed by David Nutter. This series is based upon characters published by DC Entertainment.

ϟ CAST

Grant Gustin as Barry Allen

Candice Patton as Iris West

Danielle Panabaker as Caitlin Snow

Carlos Valdes as Cisco Ramon

Tom Cavanagh as Harrison Wells

Jesse L. Martin as Detective West

ϟ CREW

Greg Berlanti

Andrew Kreisberg

Sarah Schechter

Official Twitter

Flash TV Writers

ϟ UPCOMING EPISODES

TBA

ϟ SET PHOTOS, CANDIDS, and VIDEOS

ϟ PAST THREADS

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21| 22 |23| 24

Last edited by ParsD; 07-22-2015 at 03:52 AM
Old 07-22-2015, 03:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

tftnt
Old 07-22-2015, 03:43 AM
Addicted Fan

Np.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
my first otp ever! I remember buying like three copies of that rolling stone cover with mulder and scully!
Nice! Both actors aged pretty well, I'm so ready to get back to shipping them.
Old 07-22-2015, 03:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParsD (View Post)
Np.

Nice! Both actors aged pretty well, I'm so ready to get back to shipping them.
now i need to find some pics and make icons.

so what do we know about jay other than his supreme hotness?
Old 07-22-2015, 03:55 AM
Addicted Fan

Nothing really. Not even filming pics.

There's debate about whether he's the "John Clark" from the casting vids, but that still makes zero sense so I kinda doubt it. And Geoff did say there's gonna be a lot of new characters in s2.
Old 07-22-2015, 04:21 AM
Elite Fan

Wow. So Eddie is really gone. Too bad.
Old 07-22-2015, 05:13 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Wow. So Eddie is really gone. Too bad.
I hope he can make the occasional guest appearance, preferably as an evil Speedster (another Reverse Flash/Zoom/Cobalt Blue, etc).

I'm still disappointed they gave him the name "Thawne", but didn't do a "good guy turned bad" origin story, or connect it to part of the reason Future!Thawne (Eobard) had such a grudge against Barry.
Old 07-22-2015, 05:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

From the previous thread...

Quote:
Even with the confirmation about Jay/LoT at sdcc, it doesn't make sense for them to romantically entangle Ronnie/Caitlin if we're never going to get pay off on Firestorm/KF. What kind of epic waste?
Exactly. If he hadn't been so strongly tied to Caitlin's story, I would be at the front of the line calling for pallbearers. But the fact is, he's very much tied to her at this point. Not just as the one she usually seeks out for heat - which they've foreshadowed multiple times with Fire and Ice, being opposites, etc - but they've added the emotional component of being her fiancé and showing her grief at losing him and that she was fundamentally changed by that.

Given that, well, it makes more sense that they haven't moved him over to LoT, even if they have no intention of killing him off in the immediate future. If the entire story they had in mind for this character centers around Caitlin (and, for all we know, her story in S2 revolves around him) and she's NOT moving over to LoT either - which she isn't...well...You have two choices.

You either keep him on the Flash, around the character who is at the very fundamental heart of his story and vice versa. And you find a way to justify the ability to do so (which, in a show about comics, is hardly impossible).

Or you move him over and try to find a way to keep the other character's presence a big part of a show they aren't even on, just so the audience doesn't forget about them in the hopes the audience will still care when that payoff finally comes. Which may not happen for another season or so. So...longing looks at naked pictures of the other person, regular whining monologues, etc. And there is only so long you can do that before the audience just doesn't care. Or actively hates the story you're trying to tell because it's not able to be told well that way. Plus, you then have to deal with possibly truncating the story you even wanted to build to, depending how much you can cross the two characters over, in the end. Which involves figuring out shooting schedules and the like and...all in all, it's WAY more a pain in the ass than it needs to be.

So, yeah, he could have not moved to LoT because he's going to die. Or it could be because his story has from its inception revolved around Caitlin and so they wanted to keep those two characters together on the same show in order to actually tell that story.

Quote:
Most WA fans I've seen want RA on the show cause he's hot and Ronnie is an awesome guy. None of us are threatened by SB (though some of us are/were wary of Batty).
Well, I think in early S1, some WA fans were more concerned than they are now. But, then, you don't really know how cliched these shows will go with the usual tropes. Iris was being more sidelined than she should have been, and if the showrunners wanted to do Snowbarry, they could find a way to have their cake and eat it too (make it clear that Westallen was endgame while still exploring Snowbarry in the short term). And Westallen fans didn't know what their intentions regarding Snowbarry were.

I don't see Westallen fans getting worried at all about Snowbarry at present, because the narrative didn't really go in a place to give them cause to be at this point.

Let's be honest, if they wanted, they could have Caitlin in the kind of role Patty is in this year. They could have had her resolve after Crazy for You to find someone new to be crazy about. After the kiss, she could have been conflicted and she and Ronnie could have decided to take a break from the relationship to see what they want now, after so much has happened. They could have removed any knowledge of his future marriage to Iris and had him decide that, although he loves her, he missed his chance with her and respects that she's with Eddie, so he's trying to move on (more seriously than he did with Linda). As he moves from Iris and Caitlin from Ronnie, they grow closer until they decide to give it a shot before Eddie's death. Then, S2 has him and Caitlin together while Iris recovers from Eddie and Ronnie does his thing, and they resolve it however they want (likely by them both eventually realizing they love each other but love the others more or something and so whatever). They could have down something like that. And then at least one group of fans would be looking forward to the shop this season! But since they did the opposite and had Caitlin marry her fiancé while repeatedly and overtly making it clear their intentions for Westallen, I just don't see people as worried about it.

Even with Batty, Westallen fans are more worried about a crap story that makes no sense and sidelines Westallen scenes and/or gives us more terrible writing for female characters than I see people worried it's at all going to change endgame.

Last edited by Jade4813; 07-22-2015 at 05:49 AM
Old 07-22-2015, 05:39 AM
Total Fan

^This.

I'm a sucker for the "love conquers all" storylines (to an extent... ). If they kill Ronnie off, who's going to bring her back once she's over the edge?

The only way I could see them doing this storyline without Ronnie is if they copy the Dark!Willow story in Buffy: The Vampire Slayer -- Willow turned dark when her girlfriend (Tara) was murdered, and Xander (Willow's BFF) was the only one who could bring her back from the brink -- In The Flash's case, Cisco may be the only one who can do that if Ronnie is dead, since they made a point of showing us how close those two were in Season 1 (and I don't mean in a 'shippy' way, just in a BFF way). I mean... Cisco did say something along the lines of how he'd always be there to save her back when Captain Cold/Heatwave kidnapped her in Season 1. That could have been foreshadowing

I would still prefer something else be the reason for her KF turn though, and Ronnie be the one to pull her back from the "dark side".

Last edited by Elektra; 07-22-2015 at 05:50 AM
Old 07-22-2015, 05:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
^This.

I'm a sucker for the "love conquers all" storylines (to an extent... ). If they kill Ronnie off, who's going to bring her back once she's over the edge?

The only way I could see them doing this storyline without Ronnie is if they copy the Dark!Willow story in Buffy: The Vampire Slayer -- Willow turned dark when her girlfriend (Tara) was murdered, and Xander (Willow's BFF) was the only one who could bring her back from the brink -- In The Flash's case, Cisco may be the only one who can do that if Ronnie is dead, since they made a point of showing us how close those two were in Season 1 (and I don't mean in a 'shippy' way, just in a BFF way). I mean... Cisco did say something along the lines of how he'd always be there to save her back when Captain Cold/Heatwave kidnapped her in Season 1. That could have been foreshadowing

I would still prefer something else be the reason for her KF turn though, and Ronnie be the one to pull her back from the "dark side".
True. And I think if they have to write off RA due to his film career taking off and schedule conflicts, that's likely the route they'd go. But with the way they've built up and reiterated the Fire and Ice thing, I don't think that's where they intend the story to go, provided the determination of whether his character stays on the show or is written off is up to them.
Old 07-22-2015, 06:39 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for the new thread.
Old 07-22-2015, 07:34 AM
Addicted Fan

Np.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade4813 (View Post)
Even with Batty, Westallen fans are more worried about a crap story that makes no sense and sidelines Westallen scenes and/or gives us more terrible writing for female characters than I see people worried it's at all going to change endgame.
Yep, basically. What annoys me is that we've got a cast full of underdeveloped characters and we get screen time and SLs wasted on Barry's boring and unnecessary dating life, rme. I wish I could be confident about Patty having actual purpose, but given how they introduced her, I doubt the writers give enough damns about the character.

In regards to SB, I think the writers realized early on that Grant and DP didn't have chemistry, since they were cutting a lot of their scenes out of 1A (according to DP). By mid season they must've already given up on SB being a serious possibility, cause that's when the cheap baiting started. 1.07 for example had decent SB moments that could be foundation building for a future ship, but also made sense in the larger scope of the show. 1.12/19 on the other hand, not so much.

Anyway, I think people's questions about Robbie's availability gets clouded by the fact that they forget Caitlin isn't a lead. She's just a supporting regular. Her character focus should be limited compared to Iris/Barry. Whatever becomes of her KF, Ronnie shouldn't have to be there for more than a handful eps/season.

Last edited by ParsD; 07-22-2015 at 07:49 AM
Old 07-22-2015, 07:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the thread.

Remember to post a link back to this thread in the Board Guide so it can be easily found by others.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:06 AM
Addicted Fan

Gotcha.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks!