Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2015, 06:30 AM
Addicted Fan

Omg yess! Iris should get some rebound sex out of the hottie. /fans self

Anything to get him out of his clothes tbh.
Old 07-12-2015, 08:02 AM
Master Fan

Developing Iris outside of the awful WestAllen thing they had going on last season is the best thing that could happen for the character. The only issue is the writers' journalism arc was also bad but things might be better if she's not also embroiled in a terrible love triangle.

In the meantime, Patty/Barry can be written. There's potential to write a good relationship as they work together and can be bad ass together if written well. However, these writers don't have a good track record with this stuff so if instead of writing a fun relationship, they give us an annoying angsty one, then Iris will end up looking better.

Anyway, everything is going as I expected after I saw the end of ep 21 and I'm interested in how they write Barry/Patty even if it ends up being terrible.

Regarding the superhero stuff... I hope they don't overcrowd the show with too many Flashes. The new mentor stuff sounds fun but the multiverse has the potential to be a clusterfk and I just hope things don't get messy and very confusing.

I also like that Barry starts the season regretting his decision to let his mom die (but hope that isn't the theme of the whole season) and that he becomes withdrawn and is possibly down in the dumps. I'm looking forward to exploring more sides of Barry. I hope he eventually becomes more confident and getting more CSI stuff sounds great. Let's see the smart Barry we met on Arrow.

Caitlyn leaving Team Flash sounds interesting too and I wonder how Ronnie will tie into it. But will her departure be long term? I feel like it won't last for long and she'll be back till it's time for her to become Killer Frost. A potential friendship with Iris sounds good and I think they might bond on their shared experience of losing a man they loved (even if Caitlyn's man is back). And what exactly is happening with Firestorm?

Everything sounds pretty good but I won't get my hopes too high with these writers. Regardless, I'll definitely be tuning in in October.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 07-12-2015, 08:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRBleyton4ever (View Post)
I actually liked her in OTH. She did well with the storylines given to her like the mum dying, Clay's kid he forgot and the whole hostage thing. She spent a bit of time in the bikini and making out with Clay yes, but every woman in OTH who had a love storyline did that and I thought she did quite well with the material she had to work with. She also had a brief role toward the end of the first season of BATB and again, did well considering her extremely limited screen time. I was originally interested in The Messengers until In found out it was DOA, but overall I'm excited by her role in The Flash.
Ugh, she was awful in OTH.

Yeah...she'll sit and be pretty, as usual.

The bright side is that Westallens and Snowbarrys will be teaming for the first time to hate on Patty XD

The guy playing Jay is like a young Eric Northman Iris doesn't need a rebound guy. She needs to be on her own for a while and deal with Eddie's death.

I don't understand what it means for Ronnie though. Are they gonna kill him? Will he still be Firestorm?

Chiqa It was implied by one of the producers that Caitlin wouldn't become KF this season. Doesn't mean we won't see her from another timeline.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 07-12-2015, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think Shantel is the strongest actress. She was on OTH, right?

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 07-12-2015, 09:32 AM
Master Fan

Yep. she's gonna make Patty cringeworthy and I won't stand her with Barry.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 07-12-2015, 09:48 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
Yep. she's gonna make Patty cringeworthy and I won't stand her with Barry.
I'm thinking Zoom will kill her and just like everyone else is thinking Zoom is really Eddie it just make sense.
Old 07-12-2015, 10:02 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiqa (View Post)
In the meantime, Patty/Barry can be written. There's potential to write a good relationship as they work together and can be bad ass together if written well. However, these writers don't have a good track record with this stuff so if instead of writing a fun relationship, they give us an annoying angsty one, then Iris will end up looking better.
I'm not gonna complain if that happens, that's for sure

Quote:
Iris doesn't need a rebound guy. She needs to be on her own for a while and deal with Eddie's death.
I think they were just joking but yeah, the last thing Iris needs is a pointless fling/another LI

Not sure what they're planning to do but I still want Ronnie to be Firestorm. How can you have Killer Frost without Firestorm?

Looking forward Iris/Caitlin friendship, Vibe and the new characters (Patty not so much but wtv).
Old 07-12-2015, 10:31 AM
Extreme Fan

Chiqa, yes I agree with a lot of what you said.

Barry getting a new love interest next season is going to be the best thing that happens to Iris. So much of her arc last season was focused on the love triangle and Barry, it's going to be nice to see her get character development outside of that.

Patty and Barry will be cute at first, but she'll become jealous of the connection Barry and Iris share. Also, the fact that she won't know Barry is the flash will create even more angst. When she eventually finds out she won't be as accepting that her bf is a superhero and in love with his best friend and like in the comics, Patty will end up breaking up with Barry over it. (or for a dramatic ending they will kill her off)

The show is pretty predictable when it comes to the romance so I wouldn't be surprised if that's how it plays out.

I've always been Iris West-Allen. I've always been yours.
Old 07-12-2015, 11:01 AM
Master Fan

^^not everything revolve arround Barry/Iris connection. Please, stop making it sounds like it is. I actually think the reason why Patty/Barry won't work is cause she'll eventually learn that he's the Flash and it will be too much to handle for her. Nothing to do with Iris.

It was announced that Jay Jackson would join LOT. He and Stein have lots of history. The more I hear about the show/Stein/Firestorm, the more I think Ronnie will bite the dust. Plus, they're being very secretive about his fate on The Flash.

Can someone do a little recap on Zoom's story? I love comics but I'm not familiar with him.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 07-12-2015, 11:08 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
^^not everything revolve arround Barry/Iris connection. Please, stop making it sounds like it is. I actually think the reason why Patty/Barry won't work is cause she'll eventually learn that he's the Flash and it will be too much to handle for her. Nothing to do with Iris.
I disagree, I think that should be the reason they don't work out. Barry/Iris in the comics are each other's "one and only," and for fifty plus years he's not supposed to love anyone else. I'd prefer it if the show's portrayal of him held true to that. it already bothers me that Iris essentially "chose" Eddie before he died. if Barry wants to be with someone else now who ends up dumping him, are they just going to end up settling for each other as a last resort?
Old 07-12-2015, 11:16 AM
Extreme Fan

In the comics that was the reason Patty broke up with Barry, she didn't like that he always put Iris and Wally first. It's practically canon

And when it comes to Barry and his love life it's always going to be about Iris.

I've always been Iris West-Allen. I've always been yours.
Old 07-12-2015, 11:40 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletspuffyfan (View Post)
I disagree, I think that should be the reason they don't work out. Barry/Iris in the comics are each other's "one and only," and for fifty plus years he's not supposed to love anyone else. I'd prefer it if the show's portrayal of him held true to that. it already bothers me that Iris essentially "chose" Eddie before he died. if Barry wants to be with someone else now who ends up dumping him, are they just going to end up settling for each other as a last resort?
I absolutely disagree. It's like saying that Barry is defined by Iris and vice versa. That's completely untrue and un fait to their characters.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 07-12-2015, 12:00 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I absolutely disagree. It's like saying that Barry is defined by Iris and vice versa. That's completely untrue and un fait to their characters.
there's different types of love. these two in the comics are absolutely 100% for each other and no one else. at least they were since the beginning. it's that kind of love for Barry Allen- she's his soulmate, essentially.
Old 07-12-2015, 12:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletspuffyfan (View Post)
there's different types of love. these two in the comics are absolutely 100% for each other and no one else. at least they were since the beginning. it's that kind of love for Barry Allen- she's his soulmate, essentially.
That doesn't mean that they are defined by each other. It certainly does not mean that every decisions, every mistakes and everything going in each of their livres has to do with each other. Barry/Patty split probably won't have anything to do with Barry. For them to say that Barry will fall for Patty is a big deal. I don't see how Iris could be involved in anything going on in that particular relationship.

This is the last thing I'll say on this mettre cause I don't want this SPOILERS thread to turn into a Barry/Iris one.

Anyway, I'm surprise they are developing Cisco's meta-human storyline this soon.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 07-12-2015, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

so atleast patty won't be quirky-nerd girl